Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Southern Thailand- Hadtyai, Songkla & more, Interesting places + foods

views

check17
post Jul 12 2017, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Can't wait to visit Thailand!
I practice Muay Thai and I am a Buddhist.
I would like to train at a camp and do some pilgrimage.

rahtid
post Jul 13 2017, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(alicia-l @ Jul 10 2017, 04:18 PM)
Hi may i know how long it take to reach PB. It is possible to catch ets train at 15:43, further to that may i know at which point it the kastam clearance check. Can I buy the return ticket to KL straight away?

TQ
your questions are all referring to you coming from Hatyai? Or going to Hatyai?

alicia-l
post Jul 15 2017, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(rahtid @ Jul 13 2017, 05:35 PM)
your questions are all referring to you coming from Hatyai? Or going to Hatyai?
Sorry for late reply is coming from Hatyai

TQ
SUSPink Spider
post Jul 26 2017, 10:12 AM

Formerly known as Prince_Hamsap
16,872 posts

Anyone tried using DiGi roaming at Betong and cannot get any line?
SUSPink Spider
post Jul 26 2017, 03:08 PM

Formerly known as Prince_Hamsap
16,872 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 22 2012, 06:25 PM)

Added on April 22, 2012, 6:27 pm
Not many ppl can visit Betong cos very hard to receive Malaysian's telco signal.
Patutlah... doh.gif

Last time (end-2015) I went there...no roaming coverage at all doh.gif

Bila sampai hotel je...my phone SMS and WhatsApp and WeChat kena inbox bombed like crazy sweat.gif
hamtaro98
post Aug 2 2017, 11:44 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Will travel to hatyai on next saturday via ETS at morning 7am from KL SENTRAL to PADANG BESAR.

Some enquiry i will like to ask here

-I will reach PD around 12:35pm so am i able to purchase and catch up the shuttle train from PD to hatyai ?
-Whats is the time scedule for shuttle train from hatyai to PD and from PD to hatyai as i heard there will be only 2 available time each day.

I have tried to googled but found nth bout the shuttle train scedule...many thanks.

rahtid
post Aug 3 2017, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(alicia-l @ Jul 15 2017, 04:38 PM)
Sorry for late reply is coming from Hatyai

TQ
Hatyai to PB takes 1 hour only by train. Latest schedule is not published anymore, previously there are 2 timings only per day:

(Below are MYS time, Thailand is 1 hour behind us)
1: Depart Hatyai @ 08:30 -- Reach PB @ 09:25
2: Depart Hatyai @ 14:05 -- Reach PB @ 15:00

So, based on previous info, you'll most likely make it for ETS @ 15:43 but remember you'll still have to go through custom clearance.
Custom clearance is right after you step out from the train, on the train platform office.

And yes, you can buy ETS tickets to anywhere in Malaysia after that.

This post has been edited by rahtid: Aug 3 2017, 01:23 PM
rahtid
post Aug 3 2017, 01:21 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(hamtaro98 @ Aug 2 2017, 11:44 PM)
Will travel to hatyai on next saturday via ETS at morning 7am from KL SENTRAL to PADANG BESAR.

Some enquiry i will like to ask here

-I will reach PD around 12:35pm so am i able to purchase and catch up the shuttle train from PD to hatyai ?
-Whats is the time scedule for shuttle train from hatyai to PD and from PD to hatyai as i heard there will be only 2 available time each day.

I have tried to googled but found nth bout the shuttle train scedule...many thanks.
Based on my previous experience, this is the schedule.

(Malaysia time)
1: Depart PB @ 09:55 -- Reach Hatyai @ 10:50
2: Depart PB @ 15:40 -- Reach Hatyai @ 16:35
Blurrenza
post Aug 4 2017, 04:55 AM

3 posts

Anyone going to Haadyai or Songkhla around 12-18 August? I could use some help and accompany whistling.gif
sarvinG
post Aug 9 2017, 04:35 PM

Quality is better than Quantity
1,155 posts

QUOTE(Blurrenza @ Aug 4 2017, 04:55 AM)
Anyone going to Haadyai or Songkhla around 12-18 August? I could use some help and accompany  whistling.gif
Ayam going on the 17th. biggrin.gif
cooldude101
post Aug 10 2017, 10:09 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(atyt1985 @ Jun 9 2017, 02:06 PM)
Hi i and my gf are planning a trip to Hatyai this December. Therefore there are a few questions in my mind that i wanted to ask

-I googled and most of them are shopping and temples. Anything special that i should look out for?

- Is December consider a peak period there? We are considering to take a train from Kl Sentral and go to Padang Besar then from there we take a bus direct to Hatyai

- Any good massages there? Something that is good and legit because i going with my gf  biggrin.gif

- How many days suggested to be there. We are not looking for a rush trip. Just explore and chill.
Hi,

1) Anything special that i should look out for?
Hatyai is famed (or Infamy, depending on which side of the view you seek), for the following:
a) Girls/Prostitutes.
b) Massages (cheap n decent, also expensive n dirty - shortcall 1 shot sex)
c) Shopping (all sorts, from fresh vege, to fresh seafood, to dried seafood, to fake handbags/T-Shirts, to illegal weapons i.e. knuckle dusters/switch blades/tasers, to Branded Mall stuff)
d) FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD. I've had some of the best Thai Food in Hatyai. Try the following:

i) Goong Che' Naan Plaa (Fresh Shrimp Salad Thai Style)

ii) Khao Man Ghai (basically Thailand's version of Chicken Lice) You gotta try their version of Chicken Lice Chili Sauce (to dies for) with miso, ginger, garlic onion and chili combination. In my books, it beats any Chicken Lice you can find in M'sia/S'pore
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/origin...1ae18c9a0b1.jpg

iii) Ko Moo Yang (Grilled Pork neck Thai Style)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ew-OMv7e56M/Tb77...ang%2BCover.jpg

e) Songkhla Beach. It's a B1tch to get to, if you hire a private 1D tour, it's too expensive, if you take bus, you'd need to change here and there. BUT the beach and the adjacent beach to Songkhla beach is CLEAN, WHITE SANDY and super clear turqoise. Surprisingly, so close to major city, it's very clean and worth a 2-3 hour visit and dip in the sea.

f) Last but not least, the usual sights and sound, like Kim Yong Market (within walking distance fr Lee Gardens, if you mark Lee Gardens Plaza as center of town), Temples (all around), and street food.

SO, NO, Hatyai isn't a boring place at all, if you're just not looking beyond Girls and Massage.

langatian
post Aug 10 2017, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

Anyone try crossing the border via Durian Burung / Ban Prakob?
alicia-l
post Oct 1 2017, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

planning to get a thai sim card with data plan. Any recommendations? Where to buy those sim card? Thanks
awaksukayam?
post Oct 3 2017, 02:59 PM

0 posts

Hello

I’m planning to drive into Hat Yai from Bukit Kayu Hitam border. I’ll be using my brother’s car. I have a few questions to ask about driving into Hat Yai,

The registration card is registered under my brother’s name. I’ve been googling around and I found that some people say it is a requirement to get a letter of authorisation at JPJ. Some say it is sufficient to get a simple letter of authorisation signed by my brother. Which one is accurate?

I just want to confirm that I need to buy insurance which costs around RM18 for a week? Can I buy the insurance at the border or I have go and buy around at Changlun as recommended by most people?

If I opted not to drive into Hat Yai, is there parking available for me to park my car for a few days? What would be the parking rates? Is it safe?

If plan to stop somewhere for a night before getting to Hat Yai. Where is the best place to stay? Is it better to stay at Seberang Perai or stay at Kedah?
kokchiew2
post Oct 12 2017, 11:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(awaksukayam? @ Oct 3 2017, 02:59 PM)
Hello

I’m planning to drive into Hat Yai from Bukit Kayu Hitam border. I’ll be using my brother’s car. I have a few questions to ask about driving into Hat Yai,

The registration card is registered under my brother’s name. I’ve been googling around and I found that some people say it is a requirement to get a letter of authorisation at JPJ. Some say it is sufficient to get a simple letter of authorisation signed by my brother. Which one is accurate?

I just want to confirm that I need to buy insurance which costs around RM18 for a week? Can I buy the insurance at the border or I have go and buy around at Changlun as recommended by most people?

If I opted not to drive into Hat Yai, is there parking available for me to park my car for a few days? What would be the parking rates? Is it safe?

If plan to stop somewhere for a night before getting to Hat Yai. Where is the best place to stay? Is it better to stay at Seberang Perai or stay at Kedah?
Before reaching BKH there are alot of malay/chinese shops selling thai insurance...get it there

Get your brother to signed the Authorization letter stating the car number plate and his IC number n his fullname and state your fullname IC n Passport number authorizing you to drive his car into thailand...thats it.....just install Sygic map apps and use the apps without using mobile network will guide you the whole area of hadyai
cmah89
post Oct 20 2017, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

Next weekend flying to HatYai for 1 week work. Staying in Crystal Hotel Hat Yai
Abie.C
post Oct 23 2017, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

since our currency rm drop sp bad. Is the money changer in hatyai still eccept our RM. Just in case I am out of thai baht need to change at the hatyai money changer shop. Any money changer near to malaysia boarder BKT/ Changlon to change baht with good rates?.

This post has been edited by Abie.C: Oct 23 2017, 05:02 PM
KenYoung
post Oct 26 2017, 05:57 AM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(cmah89 @ Oct 20 2017, 11:55 AM)
Next weekend flying to HatYai for 1 week work. Staying in Crystal Hotel Hat Yai
Here? I'm crossing border soon..

QUOTE(Abie.C @ Oct 23 2017, 05:02 PM)
since our currency rm drop sp bad. Is the money changer in hatyai still eccept our RM. Just in case I am out of thai baht need to change at the hatyai money changer shop. Any money changer near to malaysia boarder BKT/ Changlon to change baht with good rates?.
Should be still accept in hatyai.... or after chop passport , walk towards Danok town... on the left side got 2-3 money exchangers , they open early .. exchange rates ok.. later I check i let u know.
fuzagi
post Oct 26 2017, 07:27 AM

Cushcushiers
1,044 posts

QUOTE(Abie.C @ Oct 23 2017, 05:02 PM)
it is still accepted in Thailand as it is consistently dropping and not fluctuating. the corner-lot money changer diagonally opposite Lee Gardens Plaza has better rates compared to those at the Thai side of the border (Msian side, gives the worse rates).
fuzagi
post Oct 26 2017, 07:31 AM

Cushcushiers
1,044 posts

QUOTE(alicia-l @ Oct 1 2017, 04:59 PM)
planning to get a thai sim card with data plan. Any recommendations? Where to buy those sim card? Thanks
u can try using AIS network from their kiosk in Lee Gardens Plaza. AIS worked better for me compared to dtac and truemove. AIS, dtac, truemove is quite akin to Maxis, Celcom, Digi here.

AIS TRAVELLER SIM

141 Pages « < 123 124 125 126 127 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:35 PM