141 Pages « < 120 121 122 123 124 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Southern Thailand- Hadtyai, Songkla & more, Interesting places + foods

views

langatian
post Sep 20 2016, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

just came back from Krabi. Enter thailand from Wang kelian border and out at Ban Prakob border. Cover 2000km of driving for the journey.
sitescope
post Sep 20 2016, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(langatian @ Sep 20 2016, 10:18 AM)
just came back from Krabi. Enter thailand from Wang kelian border and out at Ban Prakob border. Cover 2000km of driving for the journey.
Ban prakob is durian burung ?
langatian
post Sep 21 2016, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 20 2016, 10:46 PM)
Ban prakob is durian burung ?
yes in kedah side.
KenYoung
post Oct 10 2016, 11:40 AM

On my way
661 posts

Any comfortable bus company that leaves frm pudu / duta any1 can recommend ? Lazy go all the way to TBS

This post has been edited by KenYoung: Oct 10 2016, 12:02 PM
KenYoung
post Oct 12 2016, 08:47 AM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Feb 29 2016, 02:16 PM)
Padang to Hatyai that is a very respectable distance. salute.

Songkhla i had not been there for a good 10 years, but what i heard now is people going to the zoo, the beaches ( not picturesque Koh Lipe type), and of course seafood.

Ko Yo ,an island in the edge of Songkhla Lake near the sea, thai radio kept intro this place last year, never been there also.
The beach / zoo worth to go? The beach frm pictures doesn't look too good.... lol. Any further information on Ko Yo?
metaled
post Oct 12 2016, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(KenYoung @ Oct 12 2016, 08:47 AM)
The beach / zoo worth to go? The beach frm pictures doesn't look too good.... lol. Any further information on Ko Yo?
Correct, beaches on Songkhla does looked that great nor high quality lol, it is just like an any other beach in Penang, only you are in Thailand with that "Thai" atmosphere. Still it is a great weekend getaway for a few days if you decide to drive yourself.

Had never been to the Zoo but it should be a very great place to bring the family to.

Koh Yo is a tiny sleepy island, with quite a few of seafood restaurant.

Koh Yo
KenYoung
post Oct 12 2016, 11:05 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Oct 12 2016, 11:22 AM)
Correct, beaches on Songkhla does looked that great nor high quality lol, it is just like an any other beach in Penang, only you are in Thailand with that "Thai" atmosphere. Still it is a great weekend getaway for a few days if you decide to drive yourself.

Had never been to the Zoo but it should be a very great place to bring the family to.

Koh Yo is a tiny sleepy island, with quite a few of seafood restaurant.

Koh Yo
Think I will skip the beach then... doesn't look appealing at all.

will make it a point to visit the hatyai park tho... looks like many thing there... how do I commute to and fro the park do u know? Don't think I will rent a car as don't know about buying insurance for car or 3rd party so better not do it..

are there any other must visit place for sight see? Think I got 2 full days

Is there a buffet with free flow of alcohol ? A friend once told me got but as I know many establishments can't sustain long.. not sure if the place still exist or not..

This post has been edited by KenYoung: Oct 12 2016, 11:58 PM
metaled
post Oct 13 2016, 12:20 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(KenYoung @ Oct 12 2016, 11:05 PM)
Think I will skip the beach then... doesn't look appealing at all.

will make it a point to visit the hatyai park tho... looks like many thing there... how do I commute to and fro the park do u know? Don't think I will rent a car as don't know about buying insurance for car or 3rd party so better not do it..

are there any other must visit place for sight see? Think I got 2 full days

Is there a buffet with free flow of alcohol ? A friend once told me got but as I know many establishments can't sustain long.. not sure if the place still exist or not..
i believe a taxi or tuk tuk will bring u there. I havent taken them there before though, as i drive. Top of the hill of hatyai park gives a great view of the whole city, and there is temple up there and on the way down if that is your kind of thing. On the afternoon, locals do walk/jog/cycle up the hill. It is quite a distance to do this on foot.

Actually the procedure is easy. Just buy a Thai 3rd party insurance at Changlun, or in Dannok, get your paperwork for your car done at Thai custom and you are all set to drive legally in thailand.

I guess the usual spot is the central festival mall, asian night market, the disappointing looking floating market, or shooting range. Asian night market is just further down the road next to central festival. Best is if you can, get down on your foot and just walk. I dont stay long enough in Hatyai to go places as i always spend my time resting getting enough sleep in the hotel for the earliest flight to Bangkok the next day and work immediately when i land.

Never heard of anything at Hatyai where they give u free flow alcohol, heck maybe the whole Thailand. Maybe Bangkok have them but i dont think any establishment can survive like this. Then again, beer is cheap at 7.
conan86
post Oct 31 2016, 12:55 AM

Casual
396 posts

mungkorn seafoods buffet in bkk does serve free flow beer tho tongue.gif
karL1218
post Nov 14 2016, 07:29 PM

31 posts

Any kind/k knows if there s any transportation from hatyai airport to danok city . Preferably van or bus as I am soloist.
hihihehe
post Nov 22 2016, 10:52 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,451 posts

planning to drive in hatyai next month but what is registration card? is it geran? photocopy will do?

what else?
Kipkip
post Nov 24 2016, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

I was in hatyai 2 weeks ago . My friends and I have drove in and out Hatyai many times since early '90s and never were we once harassed by any policemen.
The last trip there was our first, no once but 3 times. They stopped us to check on our insurance, driving license, road tax, seat belt (front/back), fancy plates, etc etc..any thing to find fault with you..just to get some mi tang from you.
Local friends told me a lot of malaysian cars were targeted.
metaled
post Nov 24 2016, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(Kipkip @ Nov 24 2016, 01:13 PM)
I was in hatyai 2 weeks ago . My friends and I have drove in and out Hatyai many times since early '90s and never were we once harassed by any policemen.
The last trip there was our first, no once but 3 times. They stopped us to check on our insurance, driving license, road tax, seat belt (front/back), fancy plates, etc etc..any thing to find fault with you..just to get some mi tang from you.
Local friends told me a lot of malaysian cars were targeted.
2 weeks ago was Loy Krathong and during festive season, road block to catch DUI driver is expected in Thailand.

If you have all valid paperwork, just let them waste a bit of your time. There is 2 type of road block, one is a real one where 1 by 1 each car is stop and look through while they put their head into your car for a smell test. Generally nothing will happen from this.

Another one is they stand on the side of the road/sometime middle lane, wave for you to stop. No need to give any flying fucuk to this one. This is a deliberate money trap. This type does not have the correct "roadblock stall" with very low amount of on-duty police officer.

If you can speak the language, anything can be solve and if there is issue, a certain amount of money.

Just dont drive when you are seriously drunk, this is a lot of money to settle.
metaled
post Nov 24 2016, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Nov 22 2016, 10:52 AM)
planning to drive in hatyai next month but what is registration card? is it geran? photocopy will do?

what else?
Yes it is your car geran.

Photocopy will do. But depends on the officer, sometime they insist original but you can talk your way through it. You will also need a Thai insurance, can easily be bought in Changlun, or just at the Thai border.

You will also need to fill in TM 2 form. Get this at a large table where everyone is sitting down writing something. You need 2 , one of them he will keep another one he will give it back to you after he stamp a date on it. You will need to give this back to the officer when you are leaving Thailand.

After that just proceed to the car registration counter, show him your passport and geran and the officer will do their thing. Walk to the next small window in front, sign the temporary import form and you are done. Remember to return your import form when you leave thailand.

If you are going to enter frequently like every week, i suggest do a 6 month pass at the cost of 1200 baht. No need to line up redo your car paperwork every time when you enter.
hihihehe
post Nov 24 2016, 02:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,451 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 24 2016, 02:22 PM)

Photocopy will do. But depends on the officer, sometime they insist original but you can talk your way through it. You will also need a Thai insurance, can easily be bought in Changlun, or just at the Thai border.

You will also need to fill in TM 2 form. Get this at a large table where everyone is sitting down writing something. You need 2 , one of them he will keep another one he will give it back to you after he stamp a date on it. You will need to give this back to the officer when you are leaving Thailand.

After that just proceed to the car registration counter, show him your passport and geran and the officer will do their thing. Walk to the next small window in front, sign the temporary import form and you are done. Remember to return your import form when you leave thailand.

If you are going to enter frequently like every week, i suggest do a 6 month pass at the cost of 1200 baht. No need to line up redo your car paperwork every time when you enter.
thanks heaps

probably only do once just to enjoy the long road trip next year
Kipkip
post Nov 24 2016, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 24 2016, 02:03 PM)
2 weeks ago was Loy Krathong and during festive season, road block to catch DUI driver is expected in Thailand.

If you have all valid paperwork, just let them waste a bit of your time. There is 2 type of road block, one is a real one where 1 by 1 each car is stop and look through while they put their head into your car for a smell test. Generally nothing will happen from this.

Another one is they stand on the side of the road/sometime middle lane, wave for you to stop. No need to give any flying fucuk to this one. This is a deliberate money trap. This type does not have the correct "roadblock stall" with very low amount of on-duty police officer.

If you can speak the language, anything can be solve and if there is issue, a certain amount of money.

Just dont drive when you are seriously drunk, this is a lot of money to settle.
We were there for 3 days and left just before LKT. The first block was just after the junction with the flyover and we were not the only ones kena stopped. ... 3 cars and all msians.....broad daylight.
Second time was in the morning OTW to golfcourse kena stopped outside Central Festival. 3rd time at night just after makan at Chong Khao...celaka vmad.gif
munkeyflo
post Nov 24 2016, 03:37 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 24 2016, 02:22 PM)

New cars don't have the car geran these days.
And JPJ also doesn't update our car geran when we renew road tax nowadays.

Has the law at the border changed recently? I'll be driving in to Thailand in 2 weeks time and today went to JPJ, paid RM20 for the "butir-butir kenderaan" as my car geran does not have the latest road tax renewal printed on it.
metaled
post Nov 25 2016, 10:27 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Nov 24 2016, 03:37 PM)
New cars don't have the car geran these days.
And JPJ also doesn't update our car geran when we renew road tax nowadays.

Has the law at the border changed recently? I'll be driving in to Thailand in 2 weeks time and today went to JPJ, paid RM20 for the "butir-butir kenderaan" as my car geran does not have the latest road tax renewal printed on it.
Not much have change, just use the butir butir kenderaan, and enjoy your trip bro.
munkeyflo
post Nov 26 2016, 12:58 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 25 2016, 10:27 PM)
Not much have change, just use the butir butir kenderaan, and enjoy your trip bro.
Nice. Thanks.
SUShuaweie5830
post Nov 27 2016, 05:14 PM

Enthusiast
967 posts

My coming soon trip

Hatyai - koh lipe - Langkawi - Penang trip

Hnghhhh

141 Pages « < 120 121 122 123 124 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled