Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Are the Xbox 360 falcon board prevent 3ROD?, Are the board truely prevent 3ROD?

views

G-Shonen
post Mar 2 2008, 04:14 AM

1 posts

I don't know it's a lie or not but it does sounds fishy. If they can change the motherboard why not change the whole thing? Changing X360 motherboard is possible but it require some skills plus you have to 'sync' the new motherboard with the DVD drive. Too much hassle, if you really want a falcon trade your zephyr for a new one.

Even ACE Prangin, which I view as 'tech savvy' after Mario Komtar didn't know about the existence of the falcon chip when I asked them ....

I have a falcon with BenQ drive (Yes!) but still after 1-2 hour of playing the console gets pretty hot and sometimes there's noise.
TSAzhar85
post Mar 2 2008, 04:37 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(G-Shonen @ Mar 2 2008, 04:14 AM)
I don't know it's a lie or not but it does sounds fishy. If they can change the motherboard why not change the whole thing? Changing X360 motherboard is possible but it require some skills plus you have to 'sync' the new motherboard with the DVD drive. Too much hassle, if you really want a falcon trade your zephyr for a new one.

Even ACE Prangin, which I view as 'tech savvy' after Mario Komtar didn't know about the existence of the falcon chip when I asked them ....

I have a falcon with BenQ drive (Yes!) but still after 1-2 hour of playing the console gets pretty hot and sometimes there's noise.
from the moment they said they can change the motherboard for me...it also sound very fishy for me...then i think back..wtf..rm500 for a motherboard replacement..and then he said when i change the motherboard..i will never get the 3ROD again...(still this 3ROD thing give me a nightmare in my gaming exp...i never get this exp with my old consoles..damn M$) then now when i said i want to repair (just pretend) my consoles..to them..they said the motherboard had already finished in stock..and the technician will not open their shop until they get the stock back...so in your opinion wtf shop is that..where they get the f# motherboard...so when i think deep back there...i swear i will never buy a M$ consoles anymore after this....and not from that f# shop...
GamersFamilia
post Mar 2 2008, 09:04 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(Azhar85 @ Mar 2 2008, 04:37 AM)
from the moment they said they can change the motherboard for me...it also sound very fishy for me...then i think back..wtf..rm500 for a motherboard replacement..and then he said when i change the motherboard..i will never get the 3ROD again...(still this 3ROD thing give me a nightmare in my gaming exp...i never get this exp with my old consoles..damn M$) then now when i said i want to repair (just pretend) my consoles..to them..they said the motherboard had already finished in stock..and the technician will not open their shop until they get the stock back...so in your opinion wtf shop is that..where they get the f# motherboard...so when i think deep back there...i swear i will never buy a M$ consoles anymore after this....and not from that f# shop...
they playing around with u...before this they said they will order it, then out of stock...think bout it..

Added on March 2, 2008, 9:08 pm
QUOTE(G-Shonen @ Mar 2 2008, 04:14 AM)

like DjiNn had told before every gadget example amplifier also getting damn hot when we used it...360 need well ventilation.

This post has been edited by GamersFamilia: Mar 2 2008, 09:14 PM
samurai20
post Mar 2 2008, 09:34 PM

~~HMMMM~~
1,441 posts

Wow.. so clever.. BUY PS3.. but.. all ORI Game.. & make u spend lots of money again... biggrin.gif... ~~very smart...~~
TSAzhar85
post Mar 2 2008, 10:20 PM

0 posts

that why i think i planning to buy a ps3..i don't care lah if the cd ori..because i think my fate lies with sony playstation..before this i just have a ps2..and never played any games on other consoles even game cube or wii...and now time to grab some ps3...
nakata101
post Mar 2 2008, 11:08 PM

*******(PES&WE)******* Play Like Champion
2,423 posts

QUOTE(Azhar85 @ Mar 2 2008, 10:20 PM)
that why i think i planning to buy a ps3..i don't care lah if the cd ori..because i think my fate lies with sony playstation..before this i just have a ps2..and never played any games on other consoles even game cube or wii...and now time to grab some ps3...
Then go for it, money is urs, not us one.
earthdome
post Mar 3 2008, 12:53 AM

kato rosa
712 posts

if the RRODed xbox 360 that microsoft used at GDC lately isn't falcon type..then it's true
G-Shonen
post Mar 3 2008, 12:58 AM

1 posts

The difference is that when 360 gets hot, the solder melts.
TSAzhar85
post Mar 3 2008, 01:00 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(earthdome @ Mar 3 2008, 12:53 AM)
if the RRODed xbox 360 that microsoft used at GDC lately isn't falcon type..then it's true
the proof? can u tell me the link?

G-Shonen
post Mar 3 2008, 01:02 AM

1 posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008...th_returns.html

They put it inside the boxstand like that ... aiseh!

This post has been edited by G-Shonen: Mar 3 2008, 01:05 AM
samurai20
post Mar 3 2008, 07:50 AM

~~HMMMM~~
1,441 posts

dont care la.. using old 360 or new one. (falcon).. M$ machine still got 3ROD la... laugh.gif... just depend on your luck... smile.gif
GamersFamilia
post Mar 3 2008, 08:43 AM

All Stars
13,071 posts

yea all 360 got the 3rod but starting from falcon and above the percentage getting 3rod lower then xenon chip...even ps3 also got probs...some user here bought ps3 after 5 days MATI , lens prob..so not only xbox360, ps3 also the same...well all console seems not perfect,it based on ur luck though..
samurai20
post Mar 3 2008, 11:50 AM

~~HMMMM~~
1,441 posts

That why before u buy console... u must "mandi bunga" 1st.. to buang your bad luck.. laugh.gif....
mambo
post Mar 3 2008, 02:10 PM

Me And My Perverted MInd... Never Alone
679 posts

QUOTE(G-Shonen @ Mar 3 2008, 01:02 AM)

congratulation... its GDC and MS show the famous RROD... how nice.. lol..

btw just pray u wont hit by the problem there is no guarantee u will not hit by it... just that dont follow MS way of storing it it just plain stupid storing ur console like that... put it in well ventilated area and if can aircond room...
GamersFamilia
post Mar 3 2008, 09:08 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

me myself when playing my 360 i will make sure switch on full blast fan direct to the console..and of course i put it at very well ventilated place..
G-Shonen
post Mar 3 2008, 09:48 PM

1 posts

I don't think pointing a fan at the console is a good idea, especially if you point it at the vents. IMO you'll waste more electric instead of preventing RROD.
GamersFamilia
post Mar 4 2008, 09:11 AM

All Stars
13,071 posts

ic..thanks...but i dont think too much bout 3rod..just enjoy it while the console in perfect condition liew.And im not pointing at the vents,the fan just nearby my gaming setup ( around 3 and half steps from the console ).So all my system get the airflow...including me..haha
TSAzhar85
post Mar 4 2008, 05:29 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(G-Shonen @ Mar 3 2008, 01:02 AM)

i had seen that news before...but just one question bothering me.......what type of motherboard that M$ were using in that consoles..is it the old Xenon or new Falcon...it seen like all consoles in kiosk have the old model inside...
GamersFamilia
post Mar 4 2008, 05:43 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

its not about the chip inside ma...well if they put it not well ventilated place such as boxstand...well dont blame the console, but blame the people who put it into the boxstand...its xbox360 not PSone !
TSAzhar85
post Mar 4 2008, 06:34 PM

0 posts

X360 is so easy to overheat...that fact i didn't like about it...@gamers familia..what do you know about PS3 problems such as lens problem,etc. What other problems that ps3 have other than lens problem..can you tell me about it?...

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 PM