5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

cholesterol problem, Cholesterol problem and cure

views

kianweic
post Feb 21 2008, 04:52 PM

Work hard, play hard.
3,809 posts

Just out of curiousity. Is there anything as too low cholesterol problem?

Thanks
TSlowks
post Feb 21 2008, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

I think there is that problem also
kianweic
post Feb 21 2008, 05:17 PM

Work hard, play hard.
3,809 posts

QUOTE(lowks @ Feb 21 2008, 05:11 PM)
I think there is that problem also
U lived in Bandar Utama right?

Which gym do u go to? The Fitness First at Curve?

I'll be using that gym from May this year onwards. Also my office would be just next door of 1 Utama.

How's the traffic there before working hours and after working hours.

Sorry to get out of topic. I just thought about it might be a good idea to have another person I know in the gym that I am going to use.
TSlowks
post Feb 21 2008, 05:46 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(kianweic @ Feb 21 2008, 05:17 PM)
U lived in Bandar Utama right?

Which gym do u go to? The Fitness First at Curve?

I'll be using that gym from May this year onwards. Also my office would be just next door of 1 Utama.

How's the traffic there before working hours and after working hours.

Sorry to get out of topic. I just thought about it might be a good idea to have another person I know in the gym that I am going to use.
The curve gym is quite good. I like it anyways. The instruments there are not as much as California gym, which is the gym I used to go to, but I like atmosphere. The traffic can be quite a hassle but only for a small stretch heading to curve along one utama because that road in under construction but aside from that I do not see much problem going there smile.gif. Tell me when is your gym days and heck we can even hook up. I like the Curve. Nice place.

hibiki0104
post Feb 21 2008, 05:52 PM

Casual
482 posts

i dunno my mmols tongue.gif. my mum just told me to take the supplement to maintain my diet
kianweic
post Feb 22 2008, 08:21 AM

Work hard, play hard.
3,809 posts

QUOTE(lowks @ Feb 21 2008, 05:46 PM)
The curve gym is quite good. I like it anyways. The instruments there are not as much as California gym, which is the gym I used to go to, but I like atmosphere. The traffic can be quite a hassle but only for a small stretch heading to curve along one utama because that road in under construction but aside from that I do not see much problem going there smile.gif. Tell me when is your gym days and heck we can even hook up. I like the Curve. Nice place.
I reckon it is still better than the Manulife gym. Reason being the space there is really packed for the amount of equipment over there.

I will definitely PM you once I start going there early May 2008.

Currently my gym days are usually Tuesdays and Fridays but may differ at times depending on my work load. Fridays are usually my favourite because I get to push myself into oblivion and not worry about working the next day.

Sundays I usually go to the Uptown one coz it's really close to my home and really easy to find carpark that time. (Plus no need to pay for carpark)

Cheers.
jack7155
post Feb 23 2008, 09:51 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

my cholesterol is also high, docs give me "simvastatin 20mg". its bad for health?
TSlowks
post Feb 23 2008, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(jack7155 @ Feb 23 2008, 09:51 AM)
my cholesterol is also high, docs give me "simvastatin 20mg". its bad for health?
Let's just put it this way, if it ain't natural and you can never go off it, chances are your liver won't be too happy with that arrangement. Probably you can start the watercure and ease off the medicine gradually, see how that is or use watercure plus some supplements of cholestin for even better effect.
jack7155
post Feb 23 2008, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(lowks @ Feb 23 2008, 12:02 PM)
Let's just put it this way, if it ain't natural and you can never go off it, chances are your liver won't be too happy with that arrangement. Probably you can start the watercure and ease off the medicine gradually, see how that is or use watercure plus some supplements of cholestin for even better effect.
wat is watercure?? docs also give me some supplement for the liver, i think it callled jetapar...
TSlowks
post Feb 23 2008, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(jack7155 @ Feb 23 2008, 12:25 PM)
wat is watercure?? docs also give me some supplement for the liver, i think it callled jetapar...
Watercure is a method of curing ailments ( chronic ones at least ) by drinking more water ( cost == rm 0 ). Just up your water intake, cut back on the medication and replace with a natural supplementation such as cholestin. The fact that your doc also gave you a liver supplement doesn't bode well lorr ...
terrysoh
post Feb 23 2008, 10:12 PM

Regular
1,145 posts

Eat foods with positive co. , should be able to outnumber the negative co.
Catherine5388
post Feb 23 2008, 10:47 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(terrysoh @ Feb 23 2008, 10:12 PM)
Eat foods with positive co. , should be able to outnumber the negative co.
Terry,
u r right!!!
rclxms.gif
nokian
post Feb 25 2008, 06:02 PM

Casual
350 posts

hi bro...

newbie here but keen to learn about cholesterol...

when u say take reading on the cholesterol level ,any gadget to reveal the reading or need a DOC to do it?

TQ.

bomberkenny
post Feb 25 2008, 08:30 PM

Gun Down your MOM!
1,617 posts

hopefully all of you can provide how old are you now, so what we'll know the seriousness of the problem and discuss whether is good or not to take statins. as TS already shared, once you take statins you can't stop.
GLim
post Feb 25 2008, 11:20 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(nokian @ Feb 25 2008, 06:02 PM)
hi bro...

newbie here but keen to learn about cholesterol...

when u say take reading on the cholesterol level ,any gadget to reveal the reading or need a DOC to do it?

TQ.
it is a blood investigation.. u got to fast before the doctor take the blood... the result will be back in days depends on the labs
nokian
post Feb 25 2008, 11:44 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(GLim @ Feb 25 2008, 11:20 PM)
it is a blood investigation.. u got to fast before the doctor take the blood... the result will be back in days depends on the labs
oic...
how much it cost for such test ?

TQ.

GLim
post Feb 25 2008, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

not sure abt it oh. you got to check.. but it is not an expensive test smile.gif
SUSSeLrAhC
post Feb 26 2008, 12:00 AM

★★★7Star★General★★★
5,227 posts

mine is 5.6... abit high but i dont care...

if u scared can go buy lovacard very cheap from india... generic drug

pathlabs is having a promotion now.. but only docs know about this and they dont wanna tell.. so force ur doc to allow you to do a test b4 it is too late...
utellme
post Feb 26 2008, 03:06 PM

Enthusiast
919 posts

just pay more attention on your daily diet and get enough exercise and enough sleep.

Can try phyllium husk + apple cider + honey or phyllium husk + natural fruit juice
youngkies
post Feb 27 2008, 07:14 AM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

QUOTE(jack7155 @ Feb 23 2008, 09:51 AM)
it is fine. clinical trials had been done that statins do help in lowering cholesterol level and reducing risk of you getting cardio-vascular complications e.g. stroke.

just a question, what time do you take your daily simvastatin tablet?

QUOTE(lowks @ Feb 23 2008, 12:02 PM)
with some people, natural supplementary wont do much.

it is not about natural stuff against unnatural stuff. simvastatin has a quite good safety profile, and the doctor has already justified the benefit of taking statin against the risk that statin might cause harm to the patient. some will come to a point that healthy lifestyle / dietary restriction won't do enough to control the cholesterol level, and this where used of statins, ezetimibe etc is necessary.

statins is a reliable drug in hypercholestrolemia, as long as he is not developing muscle weakness and nasty side-effects.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:32 PM