Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Art & Design So you're interested in ARCHITECTURE? Version 2, A guide to becoming an Architect.

views

Lon3LyJay
post Feb 3 2008, 06:26 PM

39 posts

wow... moved to version 2 already... congraz~

by the way, azarimy, the Architecture FAQs section 1.7 School specific questions, missing some questions haven't been answered yet? or 4gotten to replace the answer into it?
Lon3LyJay
post Feb 12 2008, 03:40 PM

39 posts

Azarimy

i've got some questions here...

as for private universities or colleges such as LUCT, Taylor, Alfa, UCSI.. etc...
1. what are the differences between them?
2. which is the best to study architecture in malaysia? (private unis and colls only)
3. what is the competitive between them?
4. is there any difference, after completing part 1 part 2 from these private unis and colls?
5. which one will you suggest?
Lon3LyJay
post Feb 14 2008, 02:49 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Feb 12 2008, 04:29 PM)
lonelyjay,

1. there's not much difference, other than slightly different structure of learning, level of certificate, location and environment of studies, facilities and resources and probably some difference in approach to design focus. the only big difference might be the fees and different lecturers.

2. personally, taylor's and UCSI is on top of my list. but i must stress that the difference between the private schools are minute. it boils down to which path u wanna take (refer to page 1).

3. WHAT?

4. since NONE of them are accredited with part 1 or part 2, then no, there's no difference. but it's a huge difference when u compare them with accredited IPTAs.

5. refer to page 1. i will only suggest a school that will eventually award u with a part 2. which means u should opt for overseas studies eventually according to each university's partner/twinning programme.
thanks for the info..
but i heard that UCSI doesn't have any australia or UK partnership rite.?
Lon3LyJay
post Feb 27 2008, 10:56 PM

39 posts

btw, taylor is having new architectural degree course~~ so i guess, i will be going for their degree straight since im holding a pre-u cert by right now~
Lon3LyJay
post Mar 19 2008, 12:19 PM

39 posts

hello guys,

i've got some questions here, and it has been surrounding me for quite some times here....

what's the differences between the IR and AR?
i know that, AR is more into designing and environmentally and IR is more into calculating and logically.. but when come in to housing development project, where those houses are not so depending on design (my dad's company is developing low-mid income housing)
i wants to know the POWER, QUALIFICATION, PERFORMANCE, CAPABILITY and JOB AREA between them.

can AR do IR job? or Via versa..
why i ask this? because in my dad's company, AR is juz design something out and sign to certify it, but still need to go through IR instead of everything, and IR can do AR job whether those houses are stable and those construction work is working under good performance, they even fight against those design plan designed by AR, where those plan sux much.. and IR have the right to change the drawing into more qualified plan and stable structure... (well indeed the AR hired by my dad's company really sux...)

for my point of view... IR is more powerful and capable than AR. hmm.gif doh.gif
correct me if im wrong...

This post has been edited by Lon3LyJay: Mar 19 2008, 12:34 PM
Lon3LyJay
post Mar 23 2008, 09:44 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(Benjamin911 @ Mar 23 2008, 04:42 PM)
OK Azarimy. smile.gif

Thank you very much for your answers to my questions, my Architecture education will be starting from tomorrow onwards.  cool2.gif

Regards.

---
haha tmr juz orientation only , don't get so excited yet tongue.gif ... and i planning to skip right after i get the schedule... since my brother said it is SUPER DUPER BORING biggrin.gif
and i know Friday we're going beach for site visiting~~ rclxm9.gif

BTW, i need to thank azarimy, BridgestoneRE711, xtracooljustin, Benjamin911 for kindly explanation on IR and AR thanks notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by Lon3LyJay: Mar 23 2008, 09:50 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1026sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:42 PM