Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> House Renovation, sample and budget Renovations

views

nick210214
post Jan 28 2010, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

They are called double-glazed / triple-glazed windows.
Common overseas to insulate either for controlling temperature breach or sound, sometimes natural lighting too.

These never come affordable.
nick210214
post Jan 28 2010, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

Awesome information mate. I shall keep note too.

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jan 28 2010, 01:10 PM)
if you want to reduce sound coming in from your windows, a reflective film will _not_ help. changing the seals might help a bit.

what you need has been correctly pointed out: double glazed windows preferably with a european window system such as UPVC reenforced with steel inlets or an enforced alluminium frame with double or tripple locking and all the bells and whistles. this will reduce noice tremendously. we live next to a busy road, got the those windows and the house is as quiet as one could hope for. only thing i can hear is a loud motorcycle / exhaust but other than that nada.

if you need a contact for allumiumum double glazed windows i can give you a contact who does install aubi system from germany. very very good. coolaroo (hope the spelling is right) ppl can do UPVC installation. if you go for UPVC make sure the ppl know how to handle it. if cut to fast you get nasty looks and installation needs very much care, patience and more care as well as knowledge. in other words you might not be able to get the required installation skills in malaysia wink.gif

pricing will be a lot more than your regular allumium frame window. i dont know how many windows you need to redo so you would have to check with the installer (give them the amount of windows, sizes and design you want).
nick210214
post Mar 7 2010, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

splendid pinch of colour brought into the kitchen

Added on March 7, 2010, 9:48 amsplendid pinch of colour brought into the kitchen

This post has been edited by nick210214: Mar 7 2010, 09:48 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 PM