Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> House Renovation, sample and budget Renovations

views

TSa6meister
post Jan 27 2008, 08:56 AM, updated 15y ago

Casual
462 posts

Since there are many house owners in this forum, i am also interested to know how is your renovation ideal and also the budget spent. In addition, i believe by providing pictures, it can also help some home owners in determining the renovation plan, as renovation is a very headache task but interesting.

My kitchen - White & simple
budget - RM 3,600.00 (top and under)
- appx rm 180 per foot long for table top and underneath cabinet.
- appx rm 140 for top kitchen cabinet
- appx rm 90 for underneath cabinet without table top.

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

CONCRETE TABLE TOP WITH 2*2 TILES
- THE JOB INCLUDE HACK AND KNOCK DOWN FOR THE PREVIOUS TABLE TOP AND REBUILD TO THIS BLACK TILES CONCRETE TABLE TOP.
- appx rm 120 for a foot long

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00

This post has been edited by a6meister: Mar 22 2008, 10:08 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSa6meister
post Jan 27 2008, 08:41 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jan 27 2008, 10:31 AM)
Renovation will not cause u any headache if your level of tolerance is high or you have a deep pocket.
well, to me, is just not a matter of tolerance. it is planning and ideal. once renovation is done, there is no turn back, so to me, i am quite careful and discreet in doing it. Regarding deep pocket ? i guess u mean tight budget. Indeed, u right right, i am quite tight in budget as a renovation of a house could easily come to 50k and even 100k is quite normal nowadays.

Thanks

Added on January 27, 2008, 8:45 pm
QUOTE(X-Zen @ Jan 27 2008, 06:44 PM)
yes, i am also wondering the same thing

also the rm3600 is the your budget to get that kitchen

I doubt can get la but if can please do share

I am sure a lot of ppl are interested here
QUOTE(a6meister @ Jan 27 2008, 08:41 PM)
well, to me, is just not a matter of tolerance. it is planning and ideal. once renovation is done, there is no turn back, so to me, i am quite careful and discreet in doing it. Regarding deep pocket ? i guess u mean tight budget. Indeed, u right right, i am quite tight in budget as a renovation of a house could easily come to 50k and even 100k is quite normal nowadays.

Thanks
well, i guess i did not clarify clearly. The picture shown above are my current new kitchen. I create this thread for forumers with newly renovated kitchen and forumers who is going to renovate their kitchen in coming days.

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jan 27 2008, 08:45 PM
TSa6meister
post Jan 30 2008, 10:09 AM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(lousycar @ Jan 29 2008, 10:21 AM)
what brand of hoob and hob are you using? Cheap for 1700.
Mind sharing?

Where is your location?
the hoob & hob are the brand of IKA. Yet another china made product which is the same factory of Fagor. I get it from Puchong, if u really interested, send me a pm, I will guide you how to get it cheaper. Not bad compare wit other brands. The hob is very quiet and yet still powerful.

Added on January 30, 2008, 10:13 am
QUOTE(ejan_ @ Jan 30 2008, 12:40 AM)
I paid rm 2900 for concrete table 18Ft with tiles. Is it overpaid? concrete table with tile only.. no cabinet.....
That is why, whenever come to renovation, we should not just get rough and whole estimation from the contractor, we have to break up calculation and truely understand how they charge us.

Beforehand, what size of tile u use ? is it 1ft*1ft or 2ft*2ft ?

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jan 30 2008, 10:13 AM
TSa6meister
post Jan 30 2008, 09:49 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(ejan_ @ Jan 30 2008, 01:50 PM)
2ft x 2ft.. actually what is standard market price?
ok, normally, the charges is about rm 120.00 to rm 150.00 It depends on the contractor if he sub it to other people to perfom the job, or if he rent the equipment. Most probably, RM 120.00 is most reasonable. the price should inclusive of hacking job, and remodelling of the whole table tops with tiles.
TSa6meister
post Feb 26 2008, 10:07 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(suiteng @ Feb 26 2008, 11:46 AM)
Not bad. I'm still calculating the cost for my new house renovation. Adds up to 20k. I wanna faint rclxub.gif

Scope include built in cabinets for all 3 rooms, bathroom (glass door to separate wet and dry area), kitchen cabinets, air conds, fans, furnitures, bla bla bla..
with all the scopes u mentioned, expecially added up with air conds, that should be quite cheap. But, of course, it all depends on the criterials and size.

Keep a reference price as a comparison as the price i suggested, thus you can come out with the calculation by yourself rather than get a rough and round calculation form your respective contractors.
TSa6meister
post Mar 22 2008, 09:43 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(investor @ Mar 2 2008, 11:00 PM)
Hi a6meister, don't mind pm me the contractor name and hp or shop address that help you do the concrete table for 2 X 2 tile? Look reasonable RM 120 per foot. Just now I ask one shop quote me RM 160.00 per foot. Crazy expensive. My whole L-shape I think if I didn't measure wrong it will be 15.5ft. I only want to do the concrete table no cabinet yet as I'm out of budget.

Hey I like the black color you did. Can I follow same color as you lol but sink I will go for square one haha..TQ.

Oh yeah, I'm located at Jalan Puchong. biggrin.gif
yes, some contractor do charge up to 160 per square feet for the job, which include the labour. But, nare in mind that a 2*2 tiles is only about rm 25 to 30 a piece.

ok, i will try to find out the contractor number cause the number is in my office. By the way, where is ur location ? thanks
TSa6meister
post Mar 22 2008, 09:59 PM

Casual
462 posts

ok, time for me to show the paint colour of my house. I personally think the colour scheme had been messed up by me and my fiancee decision, but, nothing i can do since had bought the paint.

I did all the painting for this whole semi detached house, which took me almost 1 month, cause i only did it during weekend, but cost saving. it took me almost 7 cans of 5 litres NIPPON SATIN GLO, which is rm 78 a can.

the whole painting work had save me about 2k if compare to i hire some one to do, plus, i can confirm that my own workmanship is not bad at all compare with the professional painter.

This post has been edited by a6meister: Mar 22 2008, 10:00 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSa6meister
post Mar 22 2008, 11:06 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(zeist @ Mar 22 2008, 10:17 PM)
My new house kitchen, or should I say my mom's kitchen.  laugh.gif

Whole cabinet, RM7K+.

Hood & Hob RM5K+.

My new house renovation not much, around RM40K+. The people here spent more, close to RM100K. The corner house behind even more powderful, more than RM200K+. His house is like a freaking traditional museum style sial, not my type but greatly done. He also bought like 6 palm trees to put them at the alley, this fella most probably got too much money to spend...

My whole house is using Dulux Supreme, except for 2 rooms. There are 5 rooms in total. I'm using another Dulux, because Superme does not have the color that I want. Supreme is pretty expensive RM130+. We hired a painter, workmanship RM2.5K.

My apple green, FTW!

user posted image
very energity colour. ok, this is the thread i hope will keep coming with attached pictures no matter is a kitchen, garden or living room with furnitures, it will gives us hints and ideal on the best way to renovate with cost saving but nice as an objective.

thanks Zeist
TSa6meister
post Jun 5 2008, 09:45 PM

Casual
462 posts

well, have not visited this website for long time. let me update some pictures i have to share.

i would like to share a little about the kitchen sink and tape. i spent quite a heft amount on these 2 items as i believe it will be for long run. To buy a nice and good quality kitchen sink ( such as TEKA OR REGINOX ), try to identify few aspects. first, it must be WHOLE PIECE. Which mean, the whole sink is made or mould by using one piece of stainless steel. secondly, do not buy a shining type. try to find a piece that has a rough vision on top.

Thanks

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jun 5 2008, 09:53 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
TSa6meister
post Jun 10 2008, 10:28 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(eurayle @ Jun 6 2008, 09:17 AM)
What's wrong with a shining type?
And what do you mean by rough vision on top??  You mean the surface of the sink?
yes, it looks like blurish on the surface. This, will prove the quality of stainles steel which is from a accurate metal types composition.

Added on June 10, 2008, 10:31 pm
QUOTE(Givenz @ Jun 10 2008, 08:52 PM)
This is what i did for my kitchen. I also did plaster ceiling and other stuff as well.
BTW my contractor has website to correspond with quotation and consult service for free, you can get him at

http://www.ckconstruction.com.my/

link to my photo album or click the spoiler for kitchen renovation only. My table top cost me RM2600.

user posted image

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
your kitchen and mine kitchen sort of have some similarity. and honestly, i think the black cabinet looks good in those combination. How much do they charge you for a feet of the top kitchen and 1 feet long underneath ? is it using a solid wood, or chip board ?

Thanks

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jun 10 2008, 10:35 PM
TSa6meister
post Aug 16 2008, 12:06 AM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(vincentyys @ Aug 12 2008, 09:11 AM)
this price is still av available ?
That consist of few different contractors. If you want a contractor for kitchen cabinet work, i will let you have the number. thanks

Added on November 17, 2008, 9:41 amwell, actually, i quite some enquiries through PM regarding the kitchen cabinet. For those who wants to renovate their new house, please just call me at 0124272637.

before you want to get a quotation, please do some following thing -

1. use a measurement tap to measure the length of the desired renovate area.
2. for kitchen cabinet, make 3 different measurements -
a.) WALL CABINET = ___ ft b.) UNDER CABINET = ___ ft c. KITCHEN TABLE TOP WITH UNDER CABINET = ___ft.

For those provided measurements, you will get a quotation from me.

P/S, I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU GET A FEW QUOTATION FROM OTHER RENOVATORS BEFORE YOU REACH ME IN ORDER TO GET A COMPARISON.

Thanks

This post has been edited by a6meister: Nov 17 2008, 11:02 AM
TSa6meister
post Dec 1 2008, 04:07 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(ck cheing @ Nov 17 2008, 09:28 PM)
a6meister, are u a cabinet contractor ? i am actually looking for one to do mine. will call you to discuss further.
nope, i am not a cabinet maker. But, the cabinet maker is a close friend of mine. i was in the construction business as well, thus, i believe his price is very reasonable compare with other cabinet maker in KL. if you are interested, kindly give him a call. he might help you.
TSa6meister
post Dec 15 2008, 09:18 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(ah liew @ Dec 13 2008, 10:52 PM)
ts how big is your kitchen?
should be around 10 feet width and 19 feet long.
by the way, why ?

thanks
TSa6meister
post Mar 2 2009, 03:16 PM

Casual
462 posts

some forumers send me a message asking me how much actually is the hood and hob that i bought.

the price of the hood and hob when i bought is rm 1700.00

but, i think, many can get it cheaply at rm 1450.00 at most shops.

thee brand is IKA, not a branded but, till now, it is still working nicely and the suction, if not mistakenly is 920 m3.

Thanks

Attached thumbnail(s)
TSa6meister
post Apr 2 2009, 12:11 PM

Casual
462 posts

ah liew,

Is that mean the table top (hardwood) inclusive of door and shelves, wall cabinet all come with RM 300.00 per feet long ?

TSa6meister
post Jun 23 2009, 12:51 AM

Casual
462 posts

I think 42k for a self favourable kitchen is reasonable. we should understand that, renovation can easily reach 100k for a house.

JWRX, your kitchen indeed looks really nice.

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jun 23 2009, 12:52 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:11 PM