Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> House Renovation, sample and budget Renovations

views

NAT123
post Jan 7 2010, 12:56 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(WildChai @ Nov 14 2009, 10:46 PM)
hey peeps,

Anyone here has any good reliable contractors for renovation? I am extending my kitchen and some other works need done.

Now market price for concrete tabletop about RM130 and up?
I just finish renovation for my apartment. My suggestion is get a few quotes, between 3 - 4. Go for quality contractors, but not so expensivelah. Buy your own materials as much as possible like tiles & paints - cheaper in long run, but you must put in effort (strongly recommend Jalan Ipoh - lots of hardware shops). Better still, I get my contractor to take me to Jalan Ipoh and nego for me.

Make sure you monitor their work daily i.e. visit the site...my first contractor, I never monitor. After that, I have to pay even more money to fix the mistakes they make - and then must go thru headache to choose another contractor. Lucky second contractor very professional. Did excellent job. The contractor I used even recommended the place to buy cheap hob and hood bcos he saw the sale- Fagor brand - only RM2200 after discount. But, make sure you buy it yourself, not through the contractor.

For table top, I did mine for RM125. But the price range is between RM120 - RM150 (based on 4 contractors). Bottomline, if you put in some effort and not just count on the contractor, you can save some money and have peace of mind - renovation done accordingly.

NAT123
post Jan 10 2010, 12:05 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(grotesk @ Jan 9 2010, 04:40 PM)
Hi,

Mind to share the contact of your second 'professional' contractor?
Ong - (012)291-5066. Btw, let me know if you taking him so that I can ask for discount when I want to do other extension brows.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:58 PM