Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> House Renovation, sample and budget (Renovations)

a6meister
post Jan 27 2008, 08:56 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Since there are many house owners in this forum, i am also interested to know how is your renovation ideal and also the budget spent. In addition, i believe by providing pictures, it can also help some home owners in determining the renovation plan, as renovation is a very headache task but interesting.

My kitchen - White & simple
budget - RM 3,600.00 (top and under)
- appx rm 180 per foot long for table top and underneath cabinet.
- appx rm 140 for top kitchen cabinet
- appx rm 90 for underneath cabinet without table top.

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

CONCRETE TABLE TOP WITH 2*2 TILES
- THE JOB INCLUDE HACK AND KNOCK DOWN FOR THE PREVIOUS TABLE TOP AND REBUILD TO THIS BLACK TILES CONCRETE TABLE TOP.
- appx rm 120 for a foot long

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00

This post has been edited by a6meister: Mar 22 2008, 10:08 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kb2005
post Jan 27 2008, 09:32 AM

Yahoo!
Group: Senior Member

Your kitchen as the your pic and you want to renovate more ?
+Quote Post
scorgio
post Jan 27 2008, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Renovation will not cause u any headache if your level of tolerance is high or you have a deep pocket.
+Quote Post
jchong
post Jan 27 2008, 05:17 PM

QUOTE(a6meister @ Jan 27 2008, 08:56 AM)
Since there are many house owners in this forum, i am also interested to know how is your renovation ideal and also the budget spent. In addition, i believe by providing pictures, it can also help some home owners in determining the renovation plan, as renovation is a very headache task but interesting.

budget - RM 3,600.00
Is that the pic of your kitchen now or what you want your kitchen to become?
+Quote Post
X-Zen
post Jan 27 2008, 06:44 PM

Yatta!

QUOTE(jchong @ Jan 27 2008, 05:17 PM)
Is that the pic of your kitchen now or what you want your kitchen to become?
yes, i am also wondering the same thing

also the rm3600 is the your budget to get that kitchen

I doubt can get la but if can please do share

I am sure a lot of ppl are interested here
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Jan 27 2008, 08:41 PM

Casual

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jan 27 2008, 10:31 AM)
Renovation will not cause u any headache if your level of tolerance is high or you have a deep pocket.
well, to me, is just not a matter of tolerance. it is planning and ideal. once renovation is done, there is no turn back, so to me, i am quite careful and discreet in doing it. Regarding deep pocket ? i guess u mean tight budget. Indeed, u right right, i am quite tight in budget as a renovation of a house could easily come to 50k and even 100k is quite normal nowadays.

Thanks

Added on January 27, 2008, 8:45 pm
QUOTE(X-Zen @ Jan 27 2008, 06:44 PM)
yes, i am also wondering the same thing

also the rm3600 is the your budget to get that kitchen

I doubt can get la but if can please do share

I am sure a lot of ppl are interested here
QUOTE(a6meister @ Jan 27 2008, 08:41 PM)
well, to me, is just not a matter of tolerance. it is planning and ideal. once renovation is done, there is no turn back, so to me, i am quite careful and discreet in doing it. Regarding deep pocket ? i guess u mean tight budget. Indeed, u right right, i am quite tight in budget as a renovation of a house could easily come to 50k and even 100k is quite normal nowadays.

Thanks
well, i guess i did not clarify clearly. The picture shown above are my current new kitchen. I create this thread for forumers with newly renovated kitchen and forumers who is going to renovate their kitchen in coming days.

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jan 27 2008, 08:45 PM
+Quote Post
X-Zen
post Jan 27 2008, 09:07 PM

Yatta!

Added on January 27, 2008, 8:45 pm
well, i guess i did not clarify clearly. The picture shown above are my current new kitchen. I create this thread for forumers with newly renovated kitchen and forumers who is going to renovate their kitchen in coming days.
Edit - saw your edited first post

This post has been edited by X-Zen: Jan 27 2008, 09:14 PM
+Quote Post
scorgio
post Jan 27 2008, 11:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!

well, to me, is just not a matter of tolerance. it is planning and ideal. once renovation is done, there is no turn back, so to me, i am quite careful and discreet in doing it. Regarding deep pocket ? i guess u mean tight budget.
Yes. No turning back.
That's what I said, high level of tolerance.

Assuming the finished work is not what you expected, you should also accept it as long as it's well done.
For eg, you pick a paint color from the color chart & the painter proceed with his work.
Then one day u went to ur hse & saw the paint color is not what you had in mind (color chart differs u know?), you can:
1) accept & live with it OR
2) get the painter to repaint
U get what I'm trying to say?

Next, deep pocket = huge budget.
+Quote Post
lousycar
post Jan 29 2008, 10:21 AM

Getting Started

what brand of hoob and hob are you using? Cheap for 1700.
Mind sharing?

Where is your location?
+Quote Post
ejan_
post Jan 30 2008, 12:40 AM

Getting Started

I paid rm 2900 for concrete table 18Ft with tiles. Is it overpaid? concrete table with tile only.. no cabinet.....
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Jan 30 2008, 10:09 AM

Casual

QUOTE(lousycar @ Jan 29 2008, 10:21 AM)
what brand of hoob and hob are you using? Cheap for 1700.
Mind sharing?

Where is your location?
the hoob & hob are the brand of IKA. Yet another china made product which is the same factory of Fagor. I get it from Puchong, if u really interested, send me a pm, I will guide you how to get it cheaper. Not bad compare wit other brands. The hob is very quiet and yet still powerful.

Added on January 30, 2008, 10:13 am
QUOTE(ejan_ @ Jan 30 2008, 12:40 AM)
I paid rm 2900 for concrete table 18Ft with tiles. Is it overpaid? concrete table with tile only.. no cabinet.....
That is why, whenever come to renovation, we should not just get rough and whole estimation from the contractor, we have to break up calculation and truely understand how they charge us.

Beforehand, what size of tile u use ? is it 1ft*1ft or 2ft*2ft ?

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jan 30 2008, 10:13 AM
+Quote Post
ejan_
post Jan 30 2008, 01:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(a6meister @ Jan 30 2008, 10:09 AM)
the hoob & hob are the brand of IKA. Yet another china made product which is the same factory of Fagor. I get it from Puchong, if u really interested, send me a pm, I will guide you how to get it cheaper. Not bad compare wit other brands. The hob is very quiet and yet still powerful.

Added on January 30, 2008, 10:13 am

That is why, whenever come to renovation, we should not just get rough and whole estimation from the contractor, we have to break up calculation and truely understand how they charge us.

Beforehand, what size of tile u use ? is it 1ft*1ft or 2ft*2ft ?
2ft x 2ft.. actually what is standard market price?
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Jan 30 2008, 09:49 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ejan_ @ Jan 30 2008, 01:50 PM)
2ft x 2ft.. actually what is standard market price?
ok, normally, the charges is about rm 120.00 to rm 150.00 It depends on the contractor if he sub it to other people to perfom the job, or if he rent the equipment. Most probably, RM 120.00 is most reasonable. the price should inclusive of hacking job, and remodelling of the whole table tops with tiles.
+Quote Post
suiteng
post Feb 26 2008, 11:46 AM

Hopeless President

Not bad. I'm still calculating the cost for my new house renovation. Adds up to 20k. I wanna faint rclxub.gif

Scope include built in cabinets for all 3 rooms, bathroom (glass door to separate wet and dry area), kitchen cabinets, air conds, fans, furnitures, bla bla bla..
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Feb 26 2008, 10:07 PM

Casual

QUOTE(suiteng @ Feb 26 2008, 11:46 AM)
Not bad. I'm still calculating the cost for my new house renovation. Adds up to 20k. I wanna faint rclxub.gif

Scope include built in cabinets for all 3 rooms, bathroom (glass door to separate wet and dry area), kitchen cabinets, air conds, fans, furnitures, bla bla bla..
with all the scopes u mentioned, expecially added up with air conds, that should be quite cheap. But, of course, it all depends on the criterials and size.

Keep a reference price as a comparison as the price i suggested, thus you can come out with the calculation by yourself rather than get a rough and round calculation form your respective contractors.
+Quote Post
investor
post Mar 2 2008, 11:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(a6meister @ Jan 30 2008, 01:49 PM)
ok, normally, the charges is about rm 120.00 to rm 150.00 It depends on the contractor if he sub it to other people to perfom the job, or if he rent the equipment. Most probably, RM 120.00 is most reasonable. the price should inclusive of hacking job, and remodelling of the whole table tops with tiles.
Hi a6meister, don't mind pm me the contractor name and hp or shop address that help you do the concrete table for 2 X 2 tile? Look reasonable RM 120 per foot. Just now I ask one shop quote me RM 160.00 per foot. Crazy expensive. My whole L-shape I think if I didn't measure wrong it will be 15.5ft. I only want to do the concrete table no cabinet yet as I'm out of budget.

Hey I like the black color you did. Can I follow same color as you lol but sink I will go for square one haha..TQ.

Oh yeah, I'm located at Jalan Puchong. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by investor: Mar 2 2008, 11:04 PM
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Mar 22 2008, 09:43 PM

Casual

QUOTE(investor @ Mar 2 2008, 11:00 PM)
Hi a6meister, don't mind pm me the contractor name and hp or shop address that help you do the concrete table for 2 X 2 tile? Look reasonable RM 120 per foot. Just now I ask one shop quote me RM 160.00 per foot. Crazy expensive. My whole L-shape I think if I didn't measure wrong it will be 15.5ft. I only want to do the concrete table no cabinet yet as I'm out of budget.

Hey I like the black color you did. Can I follow same color as you lol but sink I will go for square one haha..TQ.

Oh yeah, I'm located at Jalan Puchong. biggrin.gif
yes, some contractor do charge up to 160 per square feet for the job, which include the labour. But, nare in mind that a 2*2 tiles is only about rm 25 to 30 a piece.

ok, i will try to find out the contractor number cause the number is in my office. By the way, where is ur location ? thanks
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Mar 22 2008, 09:59 PM

Casual

ok, time for me to show the paint colour of my house. I personally think the colour scheme had been messed up by me and my fiancee decision, but, nothing i can do since had bought the paint.

I did all the painting for this whole semi detached house, which took me almost 1 month, cause i only did it during weekend, but cost saving. it took me almost 7 cans of 5 litres NIPPON SATIN GLO, which is rm 78 a can.

the whole painting work had save me about 2k if compare to i hire some one to do, plus, i can confirm that my own workmanship is not bad at all compare with the professional painter.

This post has been edited by a6meister: Mar 22 2008, 10:00 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
zeist
post Mar 22 2008, 10:17 PM

U N K E R

My new house kitchen, or should I say my mom's kitchen. laugh.gif

Whole cabinet, RM7K+.

Hood & Hob RM5K+.

My new house renovation not much, around RM40K+. The people here spent more, close to RM100K. The corner house behind even more powderful, more than RM200K+. His house is like a freaking traditional museum style sial, not my type but greatly done. He also bought like 6 palm trees to put them at the alley, this fella most probably got too much money to spend...

My whole house is using Dulux Supreme, except for 2 rooms. There are 5 rooms in total. I'm using another Dulux, because Superme does not have the color that I want. Supreme is pretty expensive RM130+. We hired a painter, workmanship RM2.5K.

My apple green, FTW!

user posted image

This post has been edited by zeist: Mar 22 2008, 10:20 PM
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Mar 22 2008, 11:06 PM

Casual

QUOTE(zeist @ Mar 22 2008, 10:17 PM)
My new house kitchen, or should I say my mom's kitchen.  laugh.gif

Whole cabinet, RM7K+.

Hood & Hob RM5K+.

My new house renovation not much, around RM40K+. The people here spent more, close to RM100K. The corner house behind even more powderful, more than RM200K+. His house is like a freaking traditional museum style sial, not my type but greatly done. He also bought like 6 palm trees to put them at the alley, this fella most probably got too much money to spend...

My whole house is using Dulux Supreme, except for 2 rooms. There are 5 rooms in total. I'm using another Dulux, because Superme does not have the color that I want. Supreme is pretty expensive RM130+. We hired a painter, workmanship RM2.5K.

My apple green, FTW!

user posted image
very energity colour. ok, this is the thread i hope will keep coming with attached pictures no matter is a kitchen, garden or living room with furnitures, it will gives us hints and ideal on the best way to renovate with cost saving but nice as an objective.

thanks Zeist
+Quote Post
zeist
post Mar 23 2008, 01:59 PM

U N K E R

QUOTE(a6meister @ Mar 22 2008, 11:06 PM)
very energity colour. ok, this is the thread i hope will keep coming with attached pictures no matter is a kitchen, garden or living room with furnitures, it will gives us hints and ideal on the best way to renovate with cost saving but nice as an objective.

thanks Zeist
No prob, I love to pimp a house. biggrin.gif

Most lightings are bought from IKEA some from wholesale shop, air-cond got "lubang" to get dealer price. 1.5HP = RM7xx, 2HP = RM1,2xx (York brand). Fans bought from wholesale shop. smile.gif

My grill protector cost RM5K for whole house. We picked a simple grill, it's easier when we need to open the curtain. I don't like fancy, flower type of grills. Disadvantage are, hard to see cleary outside, hard to clean, it's sharp will get hurt easily and etc. smile.gif

+Quote Post
investor
post Apr 5 2008, 10:38 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(a6meister @ Mar 22 2008, 01:43 PM)
yes, some contractor do charge up to 160 per square feet for the job, which include the labour. But, nare in mind that a 2*2 tiles is only about rm 25 to 30 a piece.

ok, i will try to find out the contractor number cause the number is in my office. By the way, where is ur location ? thanks
Aiya, a6meister too late you reply to me. I already ask some one to do the concrete table with 2 X 2 tiles, cost me RM 2500.00. Later I upload the file and show you guys and give some opinion. tongue.gif

Added on April 5, 2008, 10:47 am
QUOTE(zeist @ Mar 23 2008, 05:59 AM)
No prob, I love to pimp a house.  biggrin.gif

Most lightings are bought from IKEA some from wholesale shop, air-cond got "lubang" to get dealer price. 1.5HP = RM7xx, 2HP = RM1,2xx (York brand). Fans bought from wholesale shop.  smile.gif

My grill protector cost RM5K for whole house. We picked a simple grill, it's easier when we need to open the curtain. I don't like fancy, flower type of grills. Disadvantage are, hard to see cleary outside, hard to clean, it's sharp will get hurt easily and etc.  smile.gif
Wow, really got lubang woh for the air-con. Very cheap, i think it is not inclusive installation. brows.gif

Added on April 5, 2008, 11:02 amHere you go:

One pic first later upload one more thumbup.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by investor: Apr 5 2008, 11:02 AM
+Quote Post
babyshey
post Apr 7 2008, 10:43 PM

Getting Started

hi..i am getting my house key soon... i am having headache here because my kitchen is square and looks like a room!! a very small room, 95sft only!! i think put fridge the kitchen looks full already :S

please help me!!
i don't know what to do!!
+Quote Post
PGGTrader
post Apr 9 2008, 10:48 AM

a6meister - very nice kitchen u have there....

i am also renovating my house soon.... care to share the contractor's contact ?
Thanks !
+Quote Post
abarai
post Apr 9 2008, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(babyshey @ Apr 7 2008, 10:43 PM)
hi..i am getting my house key soon... i am having headache here because my kitchen is square and looks like a room!! a very small room, 95sft only!! i think put fridge the kitchen looks full already :S

please help me!!
its really hard to give any meaningful advise without knowing your layout.

but some common sense suggestions:

1) if you do a lot of cooking, may have to consider knocking down partitions and take up some of the surrounding areas

2) buy a smaller fridge!

3) dont worry so much abt it. a lot of ppl worry a lot abt small kitchen but eventually they hardly even use it. makan luar smile.gif
+Quote Post
mytrader
post Apr 12 2008, 06:19 PM

Casual

How about grill and wiring pricing ? Any guideline to share ?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
justin_nys
post Apr 13 2008, 12:46 AM

Regular

please help me!!
Let me guess, Villa Wangsamas? hahaha..
+Quote Post
dEviLs
post Apr 14 2008, 11:04 AM

Three Suns~

Hi guys, may i know which kind of energy saving downlights you all are using ?
+Quote Post
adrianocy
post Apr 14 2008, 11:07 AM

Enthusiast

i use GE bulb
+Quote Post
dEviLs
post Apr 14 2008, 11:11 AM

Three Suns~

QUOTE(adrianocy @ Apr 14 2008, 11:07 AM)
i use GE bulb
Thanks mate, but may i know the detailed specs of it and the price ? am thinking of the philips one 15w with 75w light output unsure.gif
+Quote Post
lanfearxt
post May 31 2008, 11:41 PM

can share the contrator's number? looking to renovate kitchen also, and solid surface is very expensive la. total cost for kitchen quoted RM10k la....wanna faint....

i think easy easy do the concrete with 2x2 tiles la...
+Quote Post
hanif444
post Jun 5 2008, 07:10 PM

Regular

can anyone shares their good contrator number?...i renovation my house soon..
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Jun 5 2008, 09:45 PM

Casual

well, have not visited this website for long time. let me update some pictures i have to share.

i would like to share a little about the kitchen sink and tape. i spent quite a heft amount on these 2 items as i believe it will be for long run. To buy a nice and good quality kitchen sink ( such as TEKA OR REGINOX ), try to identify few aspects. first, it must be WHOLE PIECE. Which mean, the whole sink is made or mould by using one piece of stainless steel. secondly, do not buy a shining type. try to find a piece that has a rough vision on top.

Thanks

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jun 5 2008, 09:53 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
eurayle
post Jun 6 2008, 09:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(a6meister @ Jun 5 2008, 09:45 PM)
secondly, do not buy a shining type. try to find a piece that has a rough vision on top.
What's wrong with a shining type?
And what do you mean by rough vision on top?? You mean the surface of the sink?
+Quote Post
yewkhuay
post Jun 6 2008, 09:23 AM

I don't even belong here....

QUOTE(investor @ Apr 5 2008, 10:38 AM)
Aiya, a6meister too late you reply to me. I already ask some one to do the concrete table with 2 X 2 tiles, cost me RM 2500.00. Later I upload the file and show you guys and give some opinion.  tongue.gif

Added on April 5, 2008, 10:47 am

Wow, really got lubang woh for the air-con. Very cheap, i think it is not inclusive installation. brows.gif

Added on April 5, 2008, 11:02 amHere you go:

One pic first later upload one more  thumbup.gif

user posted image
this kitchen hard top wil cost how much?
+Quote Post
Givenz
post Jun 10 2008, 08:52 PM

This is what i did for my kitchen. I also did plaster ceiling and other stuff as well.
BTW my contractor has website to correspond with quotation and consult service for free, you can get him at

http://www.ckconstruction.com.my/

link to my photo album or click the spoiler for kitchen renovation only. My table top all in + tap and sink cost me RM2600

user posted image

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
+Quote Post
kunngor
post Jun 10 2008, 10:17 PM

Group: New Member

please help me!!

no need to worry too much, shape is just an illusion. dont judge ur kitchen out look and sentence it. try to put some beauty inside it and it can become a wonder. hold on to simple and nice. it take me a week to figure out what to do with my low cost house kitchen. turn out that all my friend was shock to see it. show to people what u have and ask around for advise before u plan anything. take ur time and relax.

+Quote Post
a6meister
post Jun 10 2008, 10:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(eurayle @ Jun 6 2008, 09:17 AM)
What's wrong with a shining type?
And what do you mean by rough vision on top??  You mean the surface of the sink?
yes, it looks like blurish on the surface. This, will prove the quality of stainles steel which is from a accurate metal types composition.

Added on June 10, 2008, 10:31 pm
QUOTE(Givenz @ Jun 10 2008, 08:52 PM)
This is what i did for my kitchen. I also did plaster ceiling and other stuff as well.
BTW my contractor has website to correspond with quotation and consult service for free, you can get him at

http://www.ckconstruction.com.my/

link to my photo album or click the spoiler for kitchen renovation only. My table top cost me RM2600.

user posted image

your kitchen and mine kitchen sort of have some similarity. and honestly, i think the black cabinet looks good in those combination. How much do they charge you for a feet of the top kitchen and 1 feet long underneath ? is it using a solid wood, or chip board ?

Thanks

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jun 10 2008, 10:35 PM
+Quote Post
Givenz
post Jun 11 2008, 12:29 AM

QUOTE(a6meister @ Jun 10 2008, 10:28 PM)
yes, it looks like blurish on the surface. This, will prove the quality of stainles steel which is from a accurate metal types composition.

Added on June 10, 2008, 10:31 pm

your kitchen and mine kitchen sort of have some similarity. and honestly, i think the black cabinet looks good in those combination. How much do they charge you for a feet of the top kitchen and 1 feet long underneath ? is it using a solid wood, or chip board ?

Thanks
Thanks, my wife is also happy about it. Lucky got things right and didnt blow a huge amount on furniture since i got it from cavenzi instead of ikea. I cant seem to find the quotation, since its awhile ago but initially its RM4600 for top and bottom cabinet. But i ask to add in aluminum trimming on all the cabinet doors, frosted glass, hydraulic arm, stainless steal tray and stainless steal handle. OK i didnt ask, but my friend which did this design for me ask me to, so that it enhances the contrast between steel and wood. Everything comes up to RM5.5k The material use are ABS melamine board, i did consider chip board but my contractor told me to use the ABS one cause it has better water resistance. If i remember right, solid wood price is crazy high, cant afford them. Back 4 years ago I did one small cabinet ~ 6 feet for my mom's place and cost me RM 3000++ and god was that small. But it really do look good cause of the classic appearance.

+Quote Post
myhat
post Jun 11 2008, 12:45 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(hanif444 @ Jun 5 2008, 07:10 PM)
can anyone shares their good contrator number?...i renovation my house soon..
visit this website - http://www.meridiandesign.com.my/
the other one (by the wife) - http://www.meridiandesign.blogspot.com/
contractor name Lim
very friendly chap
his number is stated in the website

so far....
his quotation is reasonable for the quality of his work
advantage - biz owned by both husband n wife...
husband do the construction work aka project manager
wife do ID
so u got complete package with them.... rclxms.gif

Added on June 11, 2008, 12:46 pm
QUOTE(a6meister @ Jun 5 2008, 09:45 PM)
well, have not visited this website for long time. let me update some pictures i have to share.

i would like to share a little about the kitchen sink and tape. i spent quite a heft amount on these 2 items as i believe it will be for long run. To buy a nice and good quality kitchen sink ( such as TEKA OR REGINOX ), try to identify few aspects. first, it must be WHOLE PIECE. Which mean, the whole sink is made or mould by using one piece of stainless steel.  secondly, do not buy a shining type. try to find a piece that has a rough vision on top.

Thanks
how about Abeiter or Rubine?
i guess those are much better than TEKA...

i'm not sure about that...still noob
just asking

Added on June 11, 2008, 12:50 pm
QUOTE(zeist @ Mar 23 2008, 01:59 PM)

Most lightings are bought from IKEA some from wholesale shop, air-cond got "lubang" to get dealer price. 1.5HP = RM7xx, 2HP = RM1,2xx (York brand). Fans bought from wholesale shop.  smile.gif

mind sharing total cost of ur air-cond including installation?
mind sharing the shop/seller, plez?

thanks

This post has been edited by myhat: Jun 11 2008, 12:50 PM
+Quote Post
vincentyys
post Aug 12 2008, 09:11 AM

Getting Started

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

- THE JOB INCLUDE HACK AND KNOCK DOWN FOR THE PREVIOUS TABLE TOP AND REBUILD TO THIS BLACK TILES CONCRETE TABLE TOP.

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00
this price is still av available ?
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Aug 16 2008, 12:06 AM

Casual

QUOTE(vincentyys @ Aug 12 2008, 09:11 AM)
this price is still av available ?
That consist of few different contractors. If you want a contractor for kitchen cabinet work, i will let you have the number. thanks

Added on November 17, 2008, 9:41 amwell, actually, i quite some enquiries through PM regarding the kitchen cabinet. For those who wants to renovate their new house, please just call me at 0124272637.

before you want to get a quotation, please do some following thing -

1. use a measurement tap to measure the length of the desired renovate area.
2. for kitchen cabinet, make 3 different measurements -
a.) WALL CABINET = ___ ft b.) UNDER CABINET = ___ ft c. KITCHEN TABLE TOP WITH UNDER CABINET = ___ft.

For those provided measurements, you will get a quotation from me.

P/S, I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU GET A FEW QUOTATION FROM OTHER RENOVATORS BEFORE YOU REACH ME IN ORDER TO GET A COMPARISON.

Thanks

This post has been edited by a6meister: Nov 17 2008, 11:02 AM
+Quote Post
ck cheing
post Nov 17 2008, 09:28 PM

a6meister, are u a cabinet contractor ? i am actually looking for one to do mine. will call you to discuss further.
+Quote Post
Lawyer1
post Nov 23 2008, 02:41 PM

Casual
Group: Validating

Good thread here,...... about to do kitchen cabinets soon. ....
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Dec 1 2008, 04:07 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ck cheing @ Nov 17 2008, 09:28 PM)
a6meister, are u a cabinet contractor ? i am actually looking for one to do mine. will call you to discuss further.
nope, i am not a cabinet maker. But, the cabinet maker is a close friend of mine. i was in the construction business as well, thus, i believe his price is very reasonable compare with other cabinet maker in KL. if you are interested, kindly give him a call. he might help you.
+Quote Post
nikita
post Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM

can give me ur contacts who did this cabinet for u ?
urs look lovely n clean..
smile.gif

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00
+Quote Post
Lawyer1
post Dec 12 2008, 10:38 PM

Casual
Group: Validating

QUOTE(nikita @ Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM)
can give me ur contacts who did this cabinet for u ?
urs look lovely n clean..
smile.gif
Yeah, I'd like to know too,..... if you get it from him, can you kindly PM me too please ? Thank you,......
+Quote Post
ah liew
post Dec 13 2008, 10:52 PM

エンジンオイル

ts how big is your kitchen?
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Dec 15 2008, 09:18 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ah liew @ Dec 13 2008, 10:52 PM)
ts how big is your kitchen?
should be around 10 feet width and 19 feet long.
by the way, why ?

thanks
+Quote Post
desperado80
post Dec 16 2008, 03:11 PM

QUOTE(a6meister @ Mar 22 2008, 09:59 PM)
ok, time for me to show the paint colour of my house. I personally think the colour scheme had been messed up by me and my fiancee decision, but, nothing i can do since had bought the paint.

I did all the painting for this whole semi detached house, which took me almost 1 month, cause i only did it during weekend, but cost saving. it took me almost 7 cans of 5 litres NIPPON SATIN GLO, which is rm 78 a can.

the whole painting work had save me about 2k if compare to i hire some one to do, plus, i can confirm that my own workmanship is not bad at all compare with the professional painter.
im getting my house very soon... and i plan to have plaster ceiling & downlight as well....roughly how much it cost? do they take long to finish this?
+Quote Post
ah liew
post Dec 20 2008, 08:57 PM

エンジンオイル

QUOTE(a6meister @ Dec 15 2008, 09:18 PM)
should be around 10 feet width and 19 feet long.
by the way, why ?

thanks
thanks for the info, because made to order kitchen cabinets require measurement for pricing.

ready made is ugly.... hehe
+Quote Post
lgreen
post Dec 24 2008, 01:58 AM

hello all,
Thanks for the pictures and information, it helps to see what others are dealing with. Kitchen renovations can be very exciting as well as time consuming. I keep planning for my dream kitchen, but it is still on paper at this point.

Have you tried any good tips that you can pass along to others? The kitchen cabinets are normally the more expensive part of the whole plan, right? I guess one needs to decide on those first, I like what you came up with.

need any home renovation tips.....flooring and carpet
+Quote Post
mig29n
post Jan 11 2009, 09:51 PM

good info ... anyone doing top cabinet for their living room with Projector screen installed either manual or auto
+Quote Post
onlinefever
post Jan 12 2009, 12:41 PM

anyone know roughly what's the cost to build wall about 11 ft in width?
+Quote Post
naleh33
post Jan 12 2009, 12:53 PM

Regular

Hi all,

I have just got my keys to my new condo. I am planning to do some renovation. However, need some advice. Should I look for single renovator/contractor/ID who do the whole renovation for me or should I look for separate renovator like for kitchen cabinet,wardrobe and also living room?

I am abit confused and lost to start my renovation of my house sad.gif

Hope someone can provide me with some guidance
+Quote Post
sillylupie
post Jan 12 2009, 11:32 PM

Hi, can someone tell me the cost of tiling?
I have been quoted RM 3.5 / sq ft, leveling & laying tiles but excluding materials like cement, sand & of course, tiles.
Tiles will cost another RM 2.5 per sq ft.
Are these the market rates?
+Quote Post
dannyl77
post Jan 13 2009, 12:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(naleh33 @ Jan 12 2009, 12:53 PM)
Hi all,

I have just got my keys to my new condo. I am planning to do some renovation. However, need some advice. Should I look for single renovator/contractor/ID who do the whole renovation for me or should I look for separate renovator like for kitchen cabinet,wardrobe and also living room?

I am abit confused and lost to start my renovation of my house  sad.gif

Hope someone can provide me with some guidance
Hi , just came across this thread & share some experience with every1 here....

I got my keys to my condo also last month , Just finish my simple renovation...

Hi naleh33 :

1st & foremost , i think u need some Vision or Idea what u want to do with ur house 1st - A concept or Theme , Try to get it from going through some INTERIOR RENOVATION MAGAZINE - I think it will cost u RM 10 -RM 20 only for 1 , get a few books if to get more variety.... AFter that , u can Look for Renovator / Contractor / ID ......

if u go for Single Renovator / Contractor which Renovate everything - u will safe ur energy & time... Usually got some Renovator / Contractor which is STATION @ your condo area ( PAO CHEONG ) , if ur condo is Just completed.. usually 3-4 Group of Renovators / Contractors....
Try to compare their prices - Get a few lar... compare for urself..... Let them know ur idea get some suggestion from them & compare apple to apple the Quotation.... Also , Check out their Quality & Workmanship by a Viewing their Completed Project ( if there is la ).... U can also go & seach for urself others Contractors / Renovators Outside & compare..

Wat i can say is sometimes hiring these STATION Contractor ( PAO CHEONG ) can be an advantage becos , they know the Your Bulding Materials Specs / Requirement ...... as in ur Paint color code , Tiles Code , Standard Grille Design ( if there is la ) , Renovation Application - Renovation Deposit & security Deposit .... & since they are Station there , They are Saving a bit on Mobilasation Cost becos their Sub-con dont need to Travel to much ..... And also u dont have to worry about coordinating them ( if they are Hire Seperately ) , they will co-ordinate themself...... In My case , My Main Contrator did my ELECTRICAL including Hacking Wall & Additional Power Points / Fan Points / Air-cond Points , PLASTERING all the Hacked wall + Will Touch-up Back with Original Paint color ..... CONCRETE TOP , Some Tiling Works , Some Plumbing works + Tiling Works , PLaster Ceiling , Window & Door Grille , Additional Aluminium Window , Gypsum Wall , Additional Painting Works , & lastly Installation of All the Lights Fittings / Fans / Water Heater , etc..........

The Kitchen Cabinet i let another Guy do ( Fren ) , The rest all i Let 1 Contractor Handle ( Less Headache ) ,

If u look for a Multiple sub Contractors , i tink maybe u can save some Money , around 10-15% maybe ... I am just guessing lar - Maybe more , Maybe less ..., But the thing is , u need to do all the Coordinating / Monitoring ...... u need to meet up with all of them , one by one , or call them up , one by one..... very tiring one , unless u are willing to do so & u got a lot of time ......, or Maybe what u can do is Filter them , somethimes u know lar we got frens who might be doing something we need & that we can get good price one .... Maybe you can take it out from the works of the Main Contractor / Renovator ..... In my case - The Kitchen Cabinet / Wardrobe ...

Lastly , u Mentioned ID , if u can afford to Hire & I.D. ( Interior Designer ) , then i guess u are quite Wealthy ( or Willing to Spend lar ) ... Then u dont have to Worry .. He ( The ID will do everything for u - That is wat u pay him for )
From ideas to Conceptual , to designing , to Renovation , to Hiring Renovator ( either the one the ID Recommended one or Tender one ) to Monitoring , Supervising & coordinating of Renovation works , Fittings & Furniture selections / consultations , All & everything he will help u to do........... but from what i know The Fees Dont come Cheap.....

Anyhow.... Just sharing my 2 cents here.... smile.gif & all the Best in ur House Renovation..... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by dannyl77: Jan 13 2009, 12:13 AM
+Quote Post
amoxicilin
post Feb 26 2009, 03:13 PM

QUOTE(sillylupie @ Jan 12 2009, 11:32 PM)
Hi, can someone tell me the cost of tiling?
I have been quoted RM 3.5 / sq ft, leveling & laying tiles but excluding materials like cement, sand & of course, tiles.
Tiles will cost another RM 2.5 per sq ft.
Are these the market rates?
It is considered slightly overpriced. I would recommend RM 5 per square feet which inclusive of labour and materials.

By the ways, is the surface of the tiling concrete or muddy ?
+Quote Post
Snoy
post Feb 26 2009, 09:43 PM

~SIMPLE~

QUOTE(amoxicilin @ Feb 26 2009, 03:13 PM)
It is considered slightly overpriced. I would recommend RM 5 per square feet which inclusive of labour and materials.

By the ways, is the surface of the tiling concrete or muddy ?
Oh no, I just did my tiling for RM5/sqft excluidng the tile price.

The RM5/sqft includes:
1. Labour, cement and sand.
2. Free tiling for skirting
3. Any size of tile (2' x 2' for my case)
4. Dismantle the old parquet floor (ugly uneven floor after this)

Basically, the workmanship and services are good. It's just that the price is on the high side as you said. smile.gif
+Quote Post
jootat
post Mar 1 2009, 12:04 PM

Regular

you all shoud read danny's reply .... very informative and true ... lol
+Quote Post
jwrx
post Mar 1 2009, 02:50 PM

Casual

Some pics of mine.

Cabinets/internal mechanism from Bina Warehouse
Hob/oven/hood from Teka
Double sink with flexi tap from Foster
Top from Corian

Total Cost: ~rm42k

rclxub.gif dun ask me where the money went....i almost faited when the final bill was ready. Its expensive due to the internals, all imported from germany, and i must admit they feel very good, soft close, L shape drawer is on runners, the 2 side seaoning drawers were foc

Cabinet Colour is slightly off, would have preferd darker...but once in prodcution cant change

The flower tiles was my wifes choice which she insisted, about RM22 each sad.gif but they are quite nice

but if i were ever to do another house, i would not spend the same amount, would probably go for 1 level lower, get it in under 20k, 42k for a kitchen is abit rediculous

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
+Quote Post
naleh33
post Mar 2 2009, 02:53 PM

Regular

QUOTE(jwrx @ Mar 1 2009, 02:50 PM)
Some pics of mine.

Hob/oven/hood from Teka
Top from Corian

rclxub.gif  dun ask me where the money went....i almost faited when the final bill was ready. Its expensive due to the internals, all imported from germany, and i must admit they feel very good, soft close, L shape drawer is on runners, the 2 side seaoning drawers were foc

Cabinet Colour is slightly off, would have preferd darker...but once in prodcution cant change

The flower tiles was my wifes choice which she insisted, about RM22 each  sad.gif  but they are quite nice

but if i were ever to do another house, i would not spend the same amount, would probably go for 1 level lower, get it in under 20k, 42k for a kitchen is abit rediculous
I thought before we commit to the contractor to start work, we need to agree upon the price. It seems that you do not know how much is the final price before this. Wow 42K worth kitchen... rclxub.gif but Corian top is very $$$ no doubt.

You have to make use of the kitchen daily to make use of the money spent on it.
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Mar 2 2009, 03:16 PM

Casual

some forumers send me a message asking me how much actually is the hood and hob that i bought.

the price of the hood and hob when i bought is rm 1700.00

but, i think, many can get it cheaply at rm 1450.00 at most shops.

thee brand is IKA, not a branded but, till now, it is still working nicely and the suction, if not mistakenly is 920 m3.

Thanks

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
jwrx
post Mar 2 2009, 09:08 PM

Casual

Actually we know lar, but initially much lower, but after adding this ading that..it really piles up.

And our price was basicly almost cost, cos very close fren with Bina owners
+Quote Post
Error404
post Mar 18 2009, 03:26 PM

Getting Started

a6meister,

How much do you spend on concrete top? Your first reply only mentioned the cost per sq ft, but didnt mentioned how much in total.

Do you mind to tell us, in total how much you spend?
+Quote Post
ah liew
post Mar 21 2009, 12:18 PM

エンジンオイル

Here are some photos of custom-made wardrobe & kitchen cabinet for your reference only.
Material as below:-
1. 15mm(thk) PVC Plywood
2. Laminated (for local brand formica only)
3. Normal Table Top & Handle
Price :
i) RM450 per feet (for room wardrobe)
ii) RM300 per feet (for kitchen top & bottom cabinet)

Attached Image Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by ah liew: Mar 21 2009, 12:23 PM
+Quote Post
a6meister
post Apr 2 2009, 12:11 PM

Casual

ah liew,

Is that mean the table top (hardwood) inclusive of door and shelves, wall cabinet all come with RM 300.00 per feet long ?

+Quote Post
w0ndering
post Apr 7 2009, 01:05 AM

need some opinion here. if laying tiles workmanship rm 5.7 per sf. hacking previous tiles rm 2.5 per sf. is it expensive???
+Quote Post
Hypro
post May 27 2009, 02:23 PM

Getting Started

Some pics of mine.

Hob/oven/hood from Teka
Top from Corian

rclxub.gif  dun ask me where the money went....i almost faited when the final bill was ready. Its expensive due to the internals, all imported from germany, and i must admit they feel very good, soft close, L shape drawer is on runners, the 2 side seaoning drawers were foc

The flower tiles was my wifes choice which she insisted, about RM22 each  sad.gif  but they are quite nice

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Wow 42k is very ex..... but it looks nice and is for long term, so is worth for the invest. I am curious on the kitchen table, it is not make by concrete right? and it looks like it came for the whole pieces? Anyone know where can get this things? Thanks
+Quote Post
hpdvbao
post May 27 2009, 03:39 PM

a very basic plan for the dry & wet kitchen.. it cost about 8k... without hood, cooking facilities and sink also the concrete on the table top
only for the cabinet...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
jootat
post Jun 3 2009, 06:07 PM

Regular

QUOTE(hpdvbao @ May 27 2009, 03:39 PM)
a very basic plan for the dry & wet kitchen.. it cost about 8k... without hood, cooking facilities and sink also the concrete on the table top
only for the cabinet...
No bad ... consider quite cheap yea .... coz the dry kitchen they use the 3G surface ... smile.gif ...
+Quote Post
Daven81
post Jun 3 2009, 10:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(jootat @ Jun 3 2009, 06:07 PM)
No bad ... consider quite cheap yea .... coz the dry kitchen they use the 3G surface ... smile.gif ...
if it's 3G surface then it is quite cheap, but the glossy surface can also be paint only - is it confirmed 3G?

Hijack the thread a bit, also i am trying to find a contractor to renovate my condo unit, currently i got a few quotations already but the price seems to be on the higher range.. what i am looking to do is:

1) plaster ceiling
2) concreate top at wet kitchen
3) solid surface / granite for dry kitchen
4) hacking of existing concreate top and door panel and a small part of a wall
5) build 2 walls to form a small bedroom
6) air con, wiring, sliding door, grill and a few more items

if anyone has good experience with contractors, i hope you can recommend to me.. biggrin.gif

thanks first smile.gif
+Quote Post
hackwire
post Jun 3 2009, 10:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!

if reallly looking for ID , try take a look here www.adbantec.com

This post has been edited by hackwire: Jun 3 2009, 10:30 PM
+Quote Post
jchong
post Jun 6 2009, 10:28 PM

QUOTE(Hypro @ May 27 2009, 02:23 PM)
I am curious on the kitchen table, it is not make by concrete  right? and it looks like it came for the whole pieces? Anyone know where can get this things? Thanks
From what I can see the kitchen table is using the Corian solid surface (same as the rest of the kitchen countertop). This would be custom made to fit the rest of the kitchen.
+Quote Post
vincentlee
post Jun 7 2009, 12:03 AM

★★★7Star★General★★★

Some pics of mine.

Hob/oven/hood from Teka
Top from Corian

that is super expensive for kitchen renovation. (can buy a low cost unit already)

+Quote Post
morpheuzneo
post Jun 7 2009, 01:48 AM

Getting Started

nice kitchen you have there jwrx.. , although you might think it as expensive, in long-run, I think you are paying for the quality.. (maybe.. biggrin.gif).. coz you said it's from germany? (the internal:??)

and for abmeister.. >> your design is great.., and the bill even nicer! not that expensive..

I think concrete top is among top choice for current generation of new house owner. I have a concrete top for my 1st house. Using a big tile (2 X 2 feet) for the top and all around cover. On the 1st looks.. deceived few friend.. thinking i'm using a marbled top.. (huaahaha.. out of this world budget lah.. if using marble top)

thanks for the contact number too.. , may you earn some contacts and more importantly.. few deal from this thread too..

+Quote Post
a6meister
post Jun 23 2009, 12:51 AM

Casual

I think 42k for a self favourable kitchen is reasonable. we should understand that, renovation can easily reach 100k for a house.

JWRX, your kitchen indeed looks really nice.

This post has been edited by a6meister: Jun 23 2009, 12:52 AM
+Quote Post
cactus1
post Aug 14 2009, 01:08 PM

Getting Started

so quiet about renovation post nowadays. Ok, i am going to upload some pictures regarding renovation. Hope it can boost the mood and fever of renovation.

This is purely for sharing purpose, not for anything related to business or advertising.

will go and snap more pictures of Kitchen cabinet sample, toiletries, and anything relating to house renovation.....

This post has been edited by cactus1: Aug 14 2009, 01:10 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
samquah
post Aug 14 2009, 01:24 PM

On my way

jwrx n others,
why many chose to have clear glass windows in the kitchen instead of tinted?
+Quote Post
ehl
post Aug 17 2009, 03:00 PM

Getting Started

RM40K to renovate my kitchen is too expensive for me...if I can afford it I sure will do it too...

What is the price range for a RC kitchen top, exclude tiles.
How much normally contractor charge for Kitchen floor and wall tiling job (exclude tiles).
+Quote Post
Martin_TCL
post Aug 17 2009, 04:30 PM

ya How Much Contractor Charged (Included All Hidden Charges) brows.gif ???

Roughly icon_question.gif ???

Attached Image
Click Here: Join Us to Save The Earth (Fight against the Global Warming) and Make Extra Money For You
(Please PM Me to Understand How can you make Extra Money)
+Quote Post
cheer83
post Aug 17 2009, 04:35 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ehl @ Aug 17 2009, 03:00 PM)
RM40K to renovate my kitchen is too expensive for me...if I can afford it I sure will do it too...

What is the price range for a RC kitchen top, exclude tiles.
How much normally contractor charge for Kitchen floor and wall tiling job (exclude tiles).
RM2.2 per sq/f
+Quote Post
mkng
post Sep 23 2009, 04:34 PM

I can you provide me the concractor hp no. I will be getting my new house key next month. I wanted to hack and built a concrete top for my kitchen.
Yours kitchen sound reasonable to me.

Thanks. Hope is not too late for a reply. smile.gif

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00

Added on September 23, 2009, 4:36 pmHi a6meister,

Can you pls provided me your concractor hp no. Your kitchen concrete top look nice and reasonable. Hope is not too late to get a reply from you.

thanks.. smile.gif

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00
This post has been edited by mkng: Sep 23 2009, 04:36 PM
+Quote Post
R0ss
post Sep 23 2009, 09:56 PM

QUOTE(a6meister @ Jan 27 2008, 09:56 AM)

saw ur pics but the coutertop seems like a hardtop or such material, not concrete. or is it the concrete is so smooth that it shines like polished surface?

+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Sep 24 2009, 11:11 PM

Regular

have a look www.fotile.com.my it has a safety pin to automatically cut off the gas supply. PM me for special discount
+Quote Post
batigolafa
post Oct 6 2009, 01:13 PM

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00
hmm..interested in your kitchen cabinets..care to give me your contractor's contact..tq

+Quote Post
buttercup2909
post Oct 6 2009, 02:20 PM

QUOTE(ejan_ @ Jan 30 2008, 12:40 AM)
I jus renovated.. the 18' foot run concrete table with 2' x 2' tiles (exclude sink) cost me RM2,350.00.

+Quote Post
shinegirl
post Oct 15 2009, 12:58 AM

Hi there! Anyone know the market price for renovation cost in JB area nowadays. Pls feel free to share some info & pic with me. Thanks !!!
+Quote Post
mchlkeys
post Oct 21 2009, 07:07 PM

Getting Started

HOOB AND HOB
- appx rm 1700

KITCHEN SINK
- round shape
- appx rm 380.00

KITCHEN TAPE
- from wall
- rm 90.00
r u sure rm 3,600?
whole set , upper and lower??? where yr location??? wink.gif
+Quote Post
ahchun
post Oct 31 2009, 07:17 PM

Casual

let me share the cost for my kitchen renovation

sink rm400

kitchen top with 2'x2' tiles RM2250 (straight 15' long)

cabinet lower and hanging RM4300 (compress wood with aluminium border, 15' long and door with cheapo soft close.)

hood and hob RM2080 from fotile

plumber work RM200

+Quote Post
samquah
post Oct 31 2009, 07:23 PM

On my way

wta if this price is ok for plumbing

1.relocate kitchen sink pipe to another corner
2. make additional piping outlet for hand wash basin
3. make pipe outlet for washing machine
4. remodify bathroom piping (bathtub & storage water heater) to normal instant water heater piping
5. installation of 3 water heater for theree bathroom
6. make additional water outlet outside

total

rm1800

+Quote Post
yewkhuay
post Nov 1 2009, 01:54 AM

I don't even belong here....

looking for contractor in PJ tht does plaster ceiling, fix leakage / water mark , change toilet bowl and doors and tiles. PM me ur contact.
+Quote Post
kons
post Nov 1 2009, 12:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Linux & Networking
Group: Moderator

Just some cost sharing, smallest kitchen ever, can't do much cooking.

The cost of everything, table top, hood, hob, oven, sink, tab, cabinet and re-tiling is approx 6000 bucks.
Cabinet is all the way towards to the top, but only one row, non L shaped.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
KeNNy
post Nov 1 2009, 02:47 PM

Hello

Thanks for sharing kons. Any details on the specifications?

It is using Marble tops correct?
+Quote Post
riph
post Nov 1 2009, 07:35 PM

Getting Started

kons..can i see more pics of your kitchen? quite interested with the 6k budjet & the design suits my taste.

hope you share more info about it & the contractor.. thanks notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by riph: Nov 1 2009, 07:40 PM
+Quote Post
kons
post Nov 1 2009, 10:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Linux & Networking
Group: Moderator

Yup, it's marble surface.
The cabinet is using chipboard.
The oven, hob and hood comes as a single package. We bought it during promotion, which is a bit cheaper, I think.
The sink and the dish & cup drying thing is provided by the cabinet supplier.
The tab we bought separately during a promotion.
We bought the tiles ourselves in Jln Ipoh, and the guy doing the table top is also doing the tiling for the wall, which is the main contractor for all the plaster ceilings in the house as well, as well as power points.

We bought the cabinet from Legend Kitchen.
http://www.legendkitchen.com/

I'll post more pic soon. Thanks!
+Quote Post
cutieling
post Nov 10 2009, 10:58 PM

Getting Started

kons, ur kitchen so cool and the price so excited... the cabinet izzit design by lagend home as well ???

6k inclusive the design fees??? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by cutieling: Nov 10 2009, 11:08 PM
+Quote Post
daryl.k
post Nov 12 2009, 12:18 AM

Casual

kons, your kitchen, looks very very similar to how my wet kitchen gonna be...6' x 6' space only damn small...but...the details:

1) 11' L-Shape Concrete Table top with 3" skirting (w/o) tiles
2) Laminated Base doors & shelves (w/o carcass)
3) Laminated Base unit carcass for built-in oven
4) 3.5' straight Wall cabinets (acrylic doors) to ceiling height

total RM4,405.00 not including sink, burner, cooker hood & oven of course...reckon total will be approx RM8k (not inclusive wall tiling works)
+Quote Post
Awakened_Angel
post Nov 12 2009, 09:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Martin_TCL @ Aug 17 2009, 05:30 PM)
ya How Much Contractor Charged (Included All Hidden Charges)  brows.gif ???

Roughly  icon_question.gif ???

I think it would be wise to visit a hardware shop before visit contractor....

ask the hardware shop how things are made; price and quality....

as owner tend to find cheapest contractor... which contractor tend to give cheapest goods & lowest quality to meet the cheap payment from owner...

after visit hardware shop, then only visit contractor, ask them, what grade material u use etc...

example, for tiling, contractor would skip waterproffing procedure, this would result in the marble gap to leak and solidified algae will grow....

what to do?? redo the whole thing... tear and re-tile
+Quote Post
dvinez
post Nov 13 2009, 09:20 AM

Limited Edition

QUOTE(kons @ Nov 1 2009, 12:08 PM)
Just some cost sharing, smallest kitchen ever, can't do much cooking.

The cost of everything, table top, hood, hob, oven, sink, tab, cabinet and re-tiling is approx 6000 bucks.
Cabinet is all the way towards to the top, but only one row, non L shaped.

Cheers.
nice bro, mine is around the same or smaller cry.gif
it looks good. biggrin.gif
i hope i have some extra bucks tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Greenyz
post Nov 13 2009, 02:00 PM

Getting Started

My condo top is around 260cm and 360cm ,may need L shape ...
issit will be around 20 feet ???
Was quoted L shape concrete top by my renovator rm 3880 with tiles ....this price OK ???
+Quote Post
dvinez
post Nov 13 2009, 03:59 PM

Limited Edition

QUOTE(Greenyz @ Nov 13 2009, 02:00 PM)
My condo top is around 260cm and 360cm ,may need L shape ...
issit will be around 20 feet ???
Was quoted L shape concrete top by my renovator rm 3880 with tiles ....this price OK ???
not sure, but i think not ok ?
i was quoted rm2.3k for 18 feet last time
+Quote Post
Greenyz
post Nov 14 2009, 12:20 AM

Getting Started

Any idea how much would cost to do wall(full height-around 8feet) and floor tiles ??
my wet kitchen around 12X9 feet =81sq ft
Got this quotation from a tile company :
RM1655 for floor tiles and RM5250 for wall tile

How much per foot or sq foot people charge these days ??
Also anyone have source for glass tiles like these :

user posted image

I bought it for my 1st house from Jln Ipoh few years back for Rm11.20/sq feet wonder still can get this price nowadays or much cheaper/expensive now hmm.gif
+Quote Post
fashion01
post Nov 14 2009, 12:59 AM

Will it get dirty or becomes yellowish in between the tiles if you were to use it for ur wet kitchen with the hob there?

QUOTE(Greenyz @ Nov 14 2009, 12:20 AM)
Any idea how much would cost to do wall(full height-around 8feet) and floor tiles ??
my wet kitchen around 12X9 feet =81sq ft
Got this quotation from a tile company :
RM1655 for floor tiles and RM5250 for wall tile

How much per foot or sq foot people charge these days ??
Also anyone have source for glass tiles like these :

user posted image

I bought it for my 1st house from Jln Ipoh few years back for Rm11.20/sq feet wonder still can get this price nowadays or much cheaper/expensive now  hmm.gif
+Quote Post
Greenyz
post Nov 14 2009, 07:02 AM

Getting Started

if wife can jaga like mine ,so far still ok la ...
but this time i am doing at dry kitchen ...maybe she's tired from the intensive cleaning after cooking liao tongue.gif
+Quote Post
WildChai
post Nov 14 2009, 10:46 PM

Wut is this?

hey peeps,

Anyone here has any good reliable contractors for renovation? I am extending my kitchen and some other works need done.

Now market price for concrete tabletop about RM130 and up?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jatherinesa
post Dec 26 2009, 12:04 AM

QUOTE(zeist @ Mar 23 2008, 01:59 PM)

My grill protector cost RM5K for whole house. We picked a simple grill, it's easier when we need to open the curtain. I don't like fancy, flower type of grills. Disadvantage are, hard to see cleary outside, hard to clean, it's sharp will get hurt easily and etc.  smile.gif
can give the "lubang" contact if air-conto us or not? and also the the whosales shop of your fans.

Thank you very much!!
+Quote Post
mkng
post Jan 6 2010, 04:58 PM

QUOTE(buttercup2909 @ Oct 6 2009, 02:20 PM)
I jus renovated.. the 18' foot run concrete table with 2' x 2' tiles (exclude sink) cost me RM2,350.00.
Can pls provide me your conctractor contact.. doing renovation this month... thanks.
+Quote Post
NAT123
post Jan 7 2010, 12:56 PM

QUOTE(WildChai @ Nov 14 2009, 10:46 PM)
hey peeps,

Anyone here has any good reliable contractors for renovation? I am extending my kitchen and some other works need done.

Now market price for concrete tabletop about RM130 and up?
I just finish renovation for my apartment. My suggestion is get a few quotes, between 3 - 4. Go for quality contractors, but not so expensivelah. Buy your own materials as much as possible like tiles & paints - cheaper in long run, but you must put in effort (strongly recommend Jalan Ipoh - lots of hardware shops). Better still, I get my contractor to take me to Jalan Ipoh and nego for me.

Make sure you monitor their work daily i.e. visit the site...my first contractor, I never monitor. After that, I have to pay even more money to fix the mistakes they make - and then must go thru headache to choose another contractor. Lucky second contractor very professional. Did excellent job. The contractor I used even recommended the place to buy cheap hob and hood bcos he saw the sale- Fagor brand - only RM2200 after discount. But, make sure you buy it yourself, not through the contractor.

For table top, I did mine for RM125. But the price range is between RM120 - RM150 (based on 4 contractors). Bottomline, if you put in some effort and not just count on the contractor, you can save some money and have peace of mind - renovation done accordingly.

+Quote Post
grotesk
post Jan 9 2010, 04:40 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NAT123 @ Jan 7 2010, 12:56 PM)
I just finish renovation for my apartment. My suggestion is get a few quotes, between 3 - 4. Go for quality contractors, but not so expensivelah. Buy your own materials as much as possible like tiles & paints - cheaper in long run, but you must put in effort (strongly recommend Jalan Ipoh - lots of hardware shops). Better still, I get my contractor to take me to Jalan Ipoh and nego for me.

Make sure you monitor their work daily i.e. visit the site...my first contractor, I never monitor. After that, I have to pay even more money to fix the mistakes they make - and then must go thru headache to choose another contractor. Lucky second contractor very professional. Did excellent job. The contractor I used even recommended the place to buy cheap hob and hood bcos he saw the sale- Fagor brand - only RM2200 after discount. But, make sure you buy it yourself, not through the contractor.

For table top, I did mine for RM125. But the price range is between RM120 - RM150 (based on 4 contractors). Bottomline, if you put in some effort and not just count on the contractor, you can save some money and have peace of mind - renovation done accordingly.
Hi,

Mind to share the contact of your second 'professional' contractor?

+Quote Post
NAT123
post Jan 10 2010, 12:05 AM

QUOTE(grotesk @ Jan 9 2010, 04:40 PM)
Hi,

Mind to share the contact of your second 'professional' contractor?
Ong - (012)291-5066. Btw, let me know if you taking him so that I can ask for discount when I want to do other extension brows.gif
+Quote Post
chess_gal
post Jan 10 2010, 02:01 AM

Regular

012-3983903 - Kingston Low
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Jan 10 2010, 08:26 AM

Regular

user posted image

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Jan 10 2010, 08:28 AM
+Quote Post
Vinns^^
post Jan 10 2010, 08:22 PM

Yap- 012-4268242 I can giv mr/mrs a free quotation for renovation !! Thank you.
+Quote Post
daryl.k
post Jan 11 2010, 01:48 PM

Casual

QUOTE(fashion01 @ Nov 14 2009, 12:59 AM)
Will it get dirty or becomes yellowish in between the tiles if you were to use it for ur wet kitchen with the hob there?
from the tile shop, ask for some kind of Grout compound...these grout are suppose to be anti-bacteria & what not and can be easily wiped clean with damp cloth if dirty...those black fungal & moles apparently cant stick on these grouts...

i have my kitchen & bathroom's tiles (floor & walls) installed with grouts.
+Quote Post
jollyjoy
post Jan 21 2010, 10:36 AM

hi,
for the concrete top with tiles, is it 2x2ft tiles inclusive and hte range from RM120-RM150 pfr and no additional costs?

My contractor quoted me RM190 pfr!
+Quote Post
ocu888
post Jan 23 2010, 02:02 AM

QUOTE(dvinez @ Nov 13 2009, 03:59 PM)
not sure, but i think not ok ?
i was quoted rm2.3k for 18 feet last time
Did you check with the contractor if those cost (2.3K @ 127 per sq ft) includes the cost of the supporting side beam of the table-top?
Does that include the tiles?
+Quote Post
daryl.k
post Jan 25 2010, 10:16 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ocu888 @ Jan 23 2010, 02:02 AM)
Did you check with the contractor if those cost (2.3K @ 127 per sq ft) includes the cost of the supporting side beam of the table-top?
Does that include the tiles?
it depends on the layout of your kitchen...my wet kitchen, L-Shape, about 13ft total length, both side no 'side-beam'

basically they drill metal rods into wall for support, i think these days, they dun normally have 'side beams' liao...plus it takes up so much space..

RM110-RM120/ft run not including tiles is the standard & fair rates i think altho was quoted RM150 before...RM190 is a total rip off...with or without tiles

tiles better get your own, else you will get real lousy quality tiles...spend a bit more..concrete table tops is not something you wanna replace on a yearly basis...let it last..
+Quote Post
StarJump
post Jan 27 2010, 09:51 AM

Getting Started

My uncle's condo a little noisy. Is there such a thing as soundproof windows? How much would it cost?
+Quote Post
ocu888
post Jan 27 2010, 10:17 AM

QUOTE(StarJump @ Jan 27 2010, 09:51 AM)
My uncle's condo a little noisy. Is there such a thing as soundproof windows? How much would it cost?
I dont think there is such thing as sound-proof for a condo, what you could do are:

1) Install reflective tinted film on your glass windows, that helps alot to reduce the noise from outside. Depending on the thickness that would help block out the noise from coming in.

2) Change the window rubber seal to a better quality ones. The rubber seal is between the window and the frame, that would help to reduce the noise level significantly.
+Quote Post
T816B
post Jan 27 2010, 12:32 PM

On my way

Double layer glass window will have noise and heat reduction effect. You may check if there is any shops around that sell it.

+Quote Post
nick210214
post Jan 28 2010, 12:07 PM

Getting Started

They are called double-glazed / triple-glazed windows.
Common overseas to insulate either for controlling temperature breach or sound, sometimes natural lighting too.

These never come affordable.
+Quote Post
PJusa
post Jan 28 2010, 01:10 PM

Regular

if you want to reduce sound coming in from your windows, a reflective film will _not_ help. changing the seals might help a bit.

what you need has been correctly pointed out: double glazed windows preferably with a european window system such as UPVC reenforced with steel inlets or an enforced alluminium frame with double or tripple locking and all the bells and whistles. this will reduce noice tremendously. we live next to a busy road, got the those windows and the house is as quiet as one could hope for. only thing i can hear is a loud motorcycle / exhaust but other than that nada.

if you need a contact for allumiumum double glazed windows i can give you a contact who does install aubi system from germany. very very good. coolaroo (hope the spelling is right) ppl can do UPVC installation. if you go for UPVC make sure the ppl know how to handle it. if cut to fast you get nasty looks and installation needs very much care, patience and more care as well as knowledge. in other words you might not be able to get the required installation skills in malaysia wink.gif

pricing will be a lot more than your regular allumium frame window. i dont know how many windows you need to redo so you would have to check with the installer (give them the amount of windows, sizes and design you want).
+Quote Post
Wai Teong
post Jan 28 2010, 02:07 PM

Hi all,

I m a plaster ceiling contractor in klang valley...Feel free to contact me for free quotation...

Take a look on this

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...PLASTER+CEILING

Pls do not hesitate to contact me if u hv further enquiry..TQ

Regards,
Tay
TWT Plaster Ceiling Decor & Renovation Works
012-6261333 / 012-6200033

+Quote Post
nick210214
post Jan 28 2010, 10:47 PM

Getting Started

Awesome information mate. I shall keep note too.

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jan 28 2010, 01:10 PM)
if you want to reduce sound coming in from your windows, a reflective film will _not_ help. changing the seals might help a bit.

what you need has been correctly pointed out: double glazed windows preferably with a european window system such as UPVC reenforced with steel inlets or an enforced alluminium frame with double or tripple locking and all the bells and whistles. this will reduce noice tremendously. we live next to a busy road, got the those windows and the house is as quiet as one could hope for. only thing i can hear is a loud motorcycle / exhaust but other than that nada.

if you need a contact for allumiumum double glazed windows i can give you a contact who does install aubi system from germany. very very good. coolaroo (hope the spelling is right) ppl can do UPVC installation. if you go for UPVC make sure the ppl know how to handle it. if cut to fast you get nasty looks and installation needs very much care, patience and more care as well as knowledge. in other words you might not be able to get the required installation skills in malaysia wink.gif

pricing will be a lot more than your regular allumium frame window. i dont know how many windows you need to redo so you would have to check with the installer (give them the amount of windows, sizes and design you want).
+Quote Post
kochin
post Feb 2 2010, 06:06 PM

I just hope I do!

anybody who can assist to quote for the following:
1. kitchen
2. wardrobe
3. plaster ceiling
4. installation of AC, heaters, lightings, ceiling fans, etc
5. grilles
6. painting
7. curtain railings

i got a fren who just collected keys last weekend. total approx 300+ units in the development. it's a condominium project and i reckon there'll be quite substantial people renovating farely soon as the area is quite 'hot' and renting out to students is quite norm.
would like to cut some sort of deal with contractors in terms of the contractor providing the services for the above works and in return, can have exclusive advertisement rights ala showhouse to show all owners in the development of the product (samples + mock-up). in other words, the contractor finish the renovations ASAP, then can start marketing and hunting potential clients from the unit itself.
i come to know similiar deals in other developments before.
the deal is usually letting contractor take the unit for about 6 months and in return either free renovation or hugely discounted cost to the owner. would appreciate responses ASAP.
the last time i heard about such deals, the contractor told me himself he practically got 1 free unit from the profit itself. but that was 10 years ago in my property which consists of more than 1000 units!!!
thanks.
i posted same message in another almost similiar thread. moderators please spare me as i only posted in two thread and hopefully this is not considered spam?
+Quote Post
daiyieimpi
post Feb 26 2010, 07:55 PM

hi. need some info on reno price. plan to demolish my aircond compressor concrete cabinet about 9feet long. how much it usually cost?
+Quote Post
darylchan
post Mar 1 2010, 12:06 PM

Getting Started

Usually demolition quite cheap one lah. But also need to factor in transport cost for lorry to cart your junk away. Total budget should be RM1k tops.
+Quote Post
cenkudu
post Mar 5 2010, 10:19 PM

On my way

need two advice regarding renovation. how much we should pay contractor at the beginning when the renovation start? let say total RM12K, is RM4K consider OK?

I am planning to extend kitchen for another 8' X 18. however 4' out of 8' has some sort of brick at the both side (designed for laundry area outside the house). Is this 4' will be calculated also by the contractor in the price? since I heard extension will be charged around RM 80-12O per square feet. tq
+Quote Post
skng03
post Mar 5 2010, 11:06 PM

Regular

QUOTE(nick210214 @ Jan 28 2010, 12:07 PM)
They are called double-glazed / triple-glazed windows.
Common overseas to insulate either for controlling temperature breach or sound, sometimes natural lighting too.

These never come affordable.
most of the high end window system do quite well in sound proofing with double rubber seal, wool par lining.

price ler.... at least rm50/ft2 for window & rm 65+/ft2 for door

This post has been edited by skng03: Mar 5 2010, 11:07 PM
+Quote Post
Goneraz
post Mar 6 2010, 12:36 AM

Getting Started

My renovation is 70% complete. did the following

1) Change the living room tiles to 2X2
2) Change the kitchen tiles to 2X1
3) Plaster Ceiling
4) Kitchen cabinets with 3g glass door
5) Relaying the foyers tiles
6) 2 Toilets (tiles,basin,bath tub, Toilet bowls)
7) 4 Airconds
8) Bed rooms cupboards
9) Painting

Pictures below.
Living room
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Kitchen
user posted image

Bathroom
user posted image

+Quote Post
Alan Soo
post Mar 7 2010, 12:38 AM

Getting Started

look nice...may i know how much u spend?
+Quote Post
nick210214
post Mar 7 2010, 09:47 AM

Getting Started

splendid pinch of colour brought into the kitchen

Added on March 7, 2010, 9:48 amsplendid pinch of colour brought into the kitchen

This post has been edited by nick210214: Mar 7 2010, 09:48 AM
+Quote Post
daiyieimpi
post Mar 7 2010, 11:41 AM

QUOTE(ahchun @ Oct 31 2009, 07:17 PM)
let me share the cost for my kitchen renovation

sink rm400

kitchen top with 2'x2' tiles RM2250 (straight 15' long)

cabinet lower and hanging RM4300 (compress wood with aluminium border, 15' long and door with cheapo soft close.)

hood and hob RM2080 from fotile

plumber work RM200
hi ahchun. mind sharing ur contractor contact?
+Quote Post
Tohsan
post Mar 7 2010, 10:08 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Goneraz @ Mar 6 2010, 12:36 AM)
My renovation is 70% complete. did the following

1) Change the living room tiles to 2X2
2) Change the kitchen tiles to 2X1
3) Plaster Ceiling
4) Kitchen cabinets with 3g glass door
5) Relaying the foyers tiles
6) 2 Toilets (tiles,basin,bath tub, Toilet bowls)
7) 4 Airconds
8) Bed rooms cupboards
9) Painting

Pictures below.

Kitchen
user posted image

i think your kitchen hood is a bit too high, too far distance will render the hood function useless. smile.gif
+Quote Post
cenkudu
post Mar 8 2010, 07:48 AM

On my way

need two advice regarding renovation. how much we should pay contractor at the beginning when the renovation start? let say total RM12K, is RM4K consider OK?

I am planning to extend kitchen for another 8' X 18. however 4' out of 8' has some sort of brick at the both side (designed for laundry area outside the house). Is this 4' will be calculated also by the contractor in the price? since I heard extension will be charged around RM 80-12O per square feet. tq
+Quote Post
ICDeadPeople
post Mar 8 2010, 08:43 AM

Enthusiast

Just want to share my house renovation. Work started on 21 Jan. Now almost complete (waiting for kitchen cabinet, laminated floor, gate and grill). Currently just started painting. The work that I did was:
1) Extent kitchen backyard
2) New tiling for 3 bathroom (wall and floor) and kitchen
3) New toilet bowls for 2 bathroom
4) Extent master bedroom
5) Plaster ceiling (entire house)
6) KC
7) gate and grill

Quality wise, me and my wife are very impress with the quality and also the speed these guys have.
Some pictures to share:

Plaster ceiling dining area
user posted image

Same.
user posted image

Living area
user posted image

New kitchen (without KC yet)
user posted image

Wall tiles in kitchen
user posted image
+Quote Post
Greenyz
post Mar 8 2010, 08:47 AM

Getting Started

30-40% is good enough ..and then progressive along the way ...Its good practise also to keep 5-10% after completion...to ensure he will keep coming if you need touch up ...a good renovator will agree and x probem with such terms ...good luck ya
+Quote Post
jphlau
post Mar 8 2010, 08:53 AM

Regular

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jan 28 2010, 01:10 PM)

If you are getting double glazed windows, please do get a good quality ones instead the one from china. Had problems with condensation in the middle of the glazing.
+Quote Post
harrychoo
post Mar 8 2010, 09:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ICDeadPeople @ Mar 8 2010, 08:43 AM)

Wall tiles in kitchen
user posted image
Couldn't see clearly from the photo u shoot, but it looks same as my kitchen wall tiles, petak petak with white/grey color. laugh.gif

As deposit wise, I didn't pay anything for those individual contractor (those uncles no shop 1) except for reputable shop that request for deposit before can start building the material.

Only when the work progressing or at the end of the job, i'll pay them.
+Quote Post
ICDeadPeople
post Mar 8 2010, 09:24 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(harrychoo @ Mar 8 2010, 09:14 AM)
Couldn't see clearly from the photo u shoot, but it looks same as my kitchen wall tiles, petak petak with white/grey color.  laugh.gif

As deposit wise, I didn't pay anything for those individual contractor (those uncles no shop 1) except for reputable shop that request for deposit before can start building the material.

Only when the work progressing or at the end of the job, i'll pay them.
he he. Actually its all white, just the tiles itself have texture if you look closely.
+Quote Post
Greenyz
post Mar 8 2010, 09:54 AM

Getting Started

The wall tiles is 2X2 right??My contractor mentioned to me yesterday that 2x2 May not so good , he has one unit in Manjalara 8, start getting crooked and slunting ....but he did one layer cement only ..advice me to go for 1X2...how true is this
but you tile is nice man ...dunno my wife like or not smile.gif

Mind sharing how much you do that house ??I guess its landed property rite(cos u said gate) ... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Greenyz: Mar 8 2010, 09:56 AM
+Quote Post
Goneraz
post Mar 8 2010, 10:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Alan Soo @ Mar 7 2010, 12:38 AM)
look nice...may i know how much u spend?
Thanks bro.. simple reno. nothing major. the cost is close to 60k without the furniture and fixtures.
+Quote Post
harrychoo
post Mar 8 2010, 10:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Greenyz @ Mar 8 2010, 09:54 AM)
The wall tiles is 2X2 right??My contractor mentioned to me yesterday that 2x2 May not so good , he has one unit in Manjalara 8, start getting crooked and slunting ....but he did one layer cement only ..advice me to go for 1X2...how true is this
but you tile is nice man ...dunno my wife like or not  smile.gif

Mind sharing how much you do that house ??I guess its landed property rite(cos u said gate) ... smile.gif
It is not a good idea to put 2x2 on wall. It might not stick well on the wall.
Even for floor, 2x2 need to apply gam cement to make it stick enough according to my cement contractor.

My wall tiles
user posted image
+Quote Post
ICDeadPeople
post Mar 8 2010, 10:59 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Greenyz @ Mar 8 2010, 09:54 AM)
but you tile is nice man ...dunno my wife like or not  smile.gif

The wall is not 2x2, its slightly bigger than 1 ft, but cant remember how many inch. Its also rectangle, not square.
Cost of the renovation is:

kitchen (extention and tiles, window) - RM12k
Toliets (tiles, new wc)- 6k
Plaster ceiling (living, dining, kitchen, 3 rooms- RM3.5k
+Quote Post
Greenyz
post Mar 8 2010, 01:01 PM

Getting Started

Oic ..tot it was 2X2..then my reno guy is correct when he says no 2x2 for wall....thanks.That helps a ot in making decision .
Maybe I will choose even smaller eh ..1x1 or sumthing like that ... smile.gif
+Quote Post
jiaenn83
post Mar 8 2010, 01:34 PM

Getting Started

1 x 2 for kitchen wall should look great... i'll go ahead with 1 x 2...
+Quote Post
fashion01
post Mar 8 2010, 11:56 PM

Hi,

Just to share. I'm using below tiles as my kitchen wall tiles.

Attached Image

QUOTE(jiaenn83 @ Mar 8 2010, 01:34 PM)
1 x 2 for kitchen wall should look great... i'll go ahead with 1 x 2...
+Quote Post
simplicio
post Mar 9 2010, 12:18 AM

Getting Started

What hood is that? can share details?
+Quote Post
fashion01
post Mar 9 2010, 01:52 PM

It's Sakura.

QUOTE(simplicio @ Mar 9 2010, 12:18 AM)
What hood is that? can share details?
+Quote Post
cenkudu
post Mar 13 2010, 11:00 PM

On my way

got a quote from contractor extend kitchen 18 x 4 and making a roof area about 3 feet (to hang clothes) = RM12.5K. just for extension and exclude tiles and wiring. is it consider OK? I heard contractor roughly charged based on square feet for a complete renovation (include tiles) for example RM 80-120 per square feet. if based on this, that quote might be slightly higher. however outside of my existing kitchen there is 18 x 8 area which already has 2 side wall that will be connected to the existing kitchen and those 18 X 4 extension. My question, is it normal for the contractor to calculate that 18 X 8 area with 2 side wall into their quote. thank you, hope my question is clear smile.gif

This post has been edited by cenkudu: Mar 14 2010, 12:30 AM
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Mar 13 2010, 11:41 PM

Regular

quite a reasonable price
+Quote Post
kelvyn
post Apr 28 2010, 02:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(fashion01 @ Mar 9 2010, 02:52 PM)
It's Sakura.
How much did you pay for the Sakura hood?
Any review on it as for its effectiveness, noisy level during operation, etc?
TQ smile.gif
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.4407sec    2.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:13 AM