Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Satria n/a 1.6 vs Satria GTi, need opinion please...

views

DaViDcHiN
post Jan 14 2008, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

QUOTE(Phantom Renegade @ Jan 14 2008, 07:29 PM)
Hiya everyone... rclxms.gif

I own a Satria 1.6.. year 1996. Bought it around october last year from a neighbour. Everything is stock.. the paint.. rims.. even the engine is super N/A stock.

Now recently there's someone interested with the car.. offer me around RM16000 to RM17000. Suddenly my mind got interested with a GTi now. Sell my current Satria.. then top up around RM23000 and get the GTi. But then.. perhaps I might just improved my current Satria and made it better till reach like GTi performance right?? So I'm confuse rite now..

Quick question:

1. What do you guys think?? Sell my current Satria (which is not even 3 month old in my hand) and get the GTi?? Or stay with my current Satria and be happy with it. Probably upgrade certain part when I have money??

This hav to depend on ur own, but a Satria 1.6 is still a Satria 1.6, no matter how u modify it, it won't be 100% same like GTI, Satria 1.6 change to like GTi is possible, but the feeling is not the same at all. if I am in ur situation, I'll take the current satria 1.6 n modify it, change to GTi bodykit, then transplant engine, the most popular engine r Mivec 1.6 with 168hp (if u intend to play N/A) and GSR turbo engine which is 4G93T with around 200hp...

2. Is it possible to change my current Satria to completely a GTi (which I undestand ofcourse.. will include transplant to� 4G93P)???

Yes, u can, change to GTI bodykit n engine, n then change suspension system, if u replace the suspension to a very good 1, u'll hav better handling than GTI.

3. Lotus Engineering and Lotus Handling. Now I understand the GTi has Lotus Handling and specifically tuned by Lotus is that correct?? How good is it?? In what terms?? When most people says "GTi got Lotus Handling worr" does that means GTi is much better than a normal 1.8 Satria??

Yeah, if stock GTI vs stock Satria or GTI vs Satria 1.8 without suspension upgrading, GTi is always better than any Satria(not including Satria Neo as it's handling is superb too).

4. If I were to transplant my engine to 1.6 MIVEC.. which is much more better and powerful considering both as a stock engine?? Satria 1.6 mivec or Satria GTi?? This ofcourse includes the pick-up power, torque and high-end speed and also.. how well does the car pick-up in speed� above 100km/h.

Compare 4G93p(GTI stock engine) and 4g92 Mivec , 4g93p is more torque, but 4g92 Mivec has much more hp
4g93p 138hp
4g92Mivec 168hp
So very obviously, 4g92 Mivec is more powerful, and it is 1.6 only, FC is slightly better than 4g93p(GTI) or 4g93T(GSR)

5. GTi bodykit. Some people says it is not good for me to put in a GTi Bodykit because it is heavy and will gives me more headache when some parts below the car got 'karat' since the bodykit can't be removed easily. They say it is also bad becoz they will make lots of holes on the body of the car to put in the bodykit. Now.. isn't this the same to the original Satria GTi as well?? Why no people complaint bout the same issue with the Satria GTi???

The GTi bodykit will add some weight to ur car, well, it is the same for other car who change bodykit, this is not a problem. Well, dun listen to other about wat hole or this n dat, the most important thing is the GTI bodykit is nicely installed n look 99% like GTi. Y still worry about wat hole n this n dat since u won't be able to c it after changing the bodykit? Ur car will feel pain when dig hole? No right?

Hopefully sifus here can answer my question. Got more question actually.. but forgot. tongue.gif

Just answer this one and help me by giving opinion ya... thanks icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh, I like ur thread, so I decide to reply u.. thumbup.gif Hope this help u...

I am another proud owner of Satria GTI.... rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by DaViDcHiN: Jan 14 2008, 07:48 PM
DaViDcHiN
post Jan 14 2008, 11:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

QUOTE(overfloe @ Jan 14 2008, 10:31 PM)
selling old car to buy another old car? i would use the money to buy a neo instead smile.gif

to be honest, although the gti is more powerful, but neo is more refined. better chassis, more stable and it handles equally good. plus, buying a new car is always better than a 2nd hand. you'll be surprised a well moded neo can keep up with the gti!

or just wait until proton release neo cps, but not sure when!

btw, i'm driving a gti. seldom pinjam my sis' 1.6m neo wink.gif
Satria Neo more stable? Mmmm....GTi has the big spoitler, but Neo is more stable? How come?
DaViDcHiN
post Jan 14 2008, 11:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

QUOTE(Shawnzz @ Jan 14 2008, 11:05 PM)
then does it means Neo = Gti?
handling, perhaps yes...

Performance, Neo still nid some modify to catch up GTI....

DaViDcHiN
post Jan 15 2008, 12:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Jan 14 2008, 11:47 PM)
of coz lor
1.8 vs 1.6 doh.gif
if my 1.6 can keep up with 1.8 gti, then gti can saupei

Added on January 14, 2008, 11:48 pmbtw, i saw before mivec 1.6 beat 1.8gti tongue.gif
Mivec 1.6 beat 1.8 gti la, given both oso manual la....

Mivec 1.6 got 168hp leh, while 1.8 only 138hp, how to play oh....

Added on January 15, 2008, 12:27 am
QUOTE(kcng @ Jan 14 2008, 11:51 PM)
lol
doh.gif

handling wise (stock to stock) neo would be better then GTi due to the totally newer chasis design and setup...

power wise, GTi will win flat out,
140 BHP vs 110 BHP

even with mods, i doubt the neo can even be on par with the GTi....
unless u masuk GSR or mivec into the neo la
tongue.gif
But sometime i dun really c any difference btw these 2 cars, Neo pick up 9sec, while GTI is 8.7 sec, for me, both r almost same ad, Neo top speed 180km/h, GTI oso 180km/h(or maybe only my GTi is like this) only.... got wat difference?

This post has been edited by DaViDcHiN: Jan 15 2008, 12:27 AM
DaViDcHiN
post Jan 15 2008, 04:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

QUOTE(Phantom Renegade @ Jan 15 2008, 07:39 AM)
HP and torque.. what is the difference. Is it torque = pick-up and HP = the maximum speed of the car??

In this case if it is power that I sought.. staying with my current Satria and transplant to 1.6 mivec is a better and much feasible option than selling and getting the GTi hmm.gif
Em... I mean.. em.. this fella said adding bodykit to my current Satria is not good as sometimes water can get into it.. later berkarat and will damage our car. Dunno how true this is though.. that's why I'm asking. tongue.gif
Wha.. where did you do all those stuff man?? Cool...
Dunno la.. I do like the Neo indeed.. but then.. I somehow prefer to buy second hand car as I will not suffer from too much deppreciated value later when I wanna sell it. And somehow now I prefer GTi more than Neo. Young blood ma.. concerned with torque and power only.. not new or old tongue.gif .
Mmmm... hav u try Satria Neo b4? Satria Neo is not new anymore, there's plenty of second hand Satria Neo for sale.

Added on January 15, 2008, 4:21 pm
QUOTE(kcng @ Jan 15 2008, 09:53 AM)
neo 0 - 100 is around 11 - 13 secs la
never seen before people doing it within 9 secs....

top speed, gti is higher... gti can touch 200 easily while neo 180 - 190 easily and anything beyond that, u need patience
tongue.gif
Neo pick up 11sec >13 sec? Manual right? Er, then sorry about giving wrong infomation. sweat.gif

My GTi only can touch 185km/h the most, yeah, siemen ecu, sucks a big time.

QUOTE(Vengeance_Mad @ Jan 15 2008, 10:34 AM)
Ahahaha, true!
My friend owns a Neo and he can reach 180 easily..
But if you wanna go more than that, then u need patience.. xD
Plus, I find it very hard for a Neo to go more than 190, it really suffocates.. sad..
Sometimes I wonder if its the speed/rev cut that limits the speed.. hmm..
My fren driving Gen2, can reach 180km/h very easily too, about the same with my GTi or a bit worse.
QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Jan 15 2008, 10:57 AM)

Added on January 15, 2008, 11:42 am
The difference is that you got a lemon GTi. From those figures that you gave me, you would have the new GTi with the Siemens ECU aka Lemom GTi. Original first batch GTi with Mitsu ECU and without O2 sensor and Cats can reach 210km/h top speed. Acceleration is around the 8.5 secs from 0-100km/h.
sad.gif, Y call them Lemon GTi, mine pick up is still can catch up 8.7sec like dat ater some modification, but top speed, still remain at 180km/h something, sweat.gif

This post has been edited by DaViDcHiN: Jan 15 2008, 04:21 PM
DaViDcHiN
post Jan 16 2008, 06:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

QUOTE(maddriver @ Jan 16 2008, 01:22 PM)
inclusive changing the throttle body and the coil packs, it cost close to rm8k.
Better turbocharge it... laugh.gif GSR half cut rm8k oso...
DaViDcHiN
post Jan 16 2008, 07:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

QUOTE(maddriver @ Jan 16 2008, 06:42 PM)
btw, your clutch problems solved?
This saturday will go Genting n test it, tongue.gif

QUOTE(d3vilzzzz @ Jan 16 2008, 06:48 PM)
the 1.6 is stock?

if it is..it is a no fight for the gti...
-.-" He is not asking which 1 can perform better, c 1st post before post plz...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:13 AM