post Jan 13 2008, 02:29 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

there is persona thread to answer all ur question
imperialrealcs
post Jan 13 2008, 11:07 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(Novellous @ Jan 13 2008, 03:55 AM)
i can understand that you like tht car. IMHO you should just get a myvi since its around the same range as a persona.why bother getting a brand new car with sooo many tiny problems that later on will annoy you?

btw, off topic awhile..i was test driving my friend's savvy,wanted to put on the seat belt and its jammed.brand new car just drove 4,000km.just shows that proton cant even get the fundamentals right.
if u wan balik kampung with myvi, u will be crying ur ass out especially ur house got 5 persons and u r the passenger doh.gif myvi also got problem.. not tiny sumore like car shaking like hell at high speed, dashboard rattle etc doh.gif
imperialrealcs
post Jan 13 2008, 04:54 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(sensation @ Jan 13 2008, 11:49 AM)
Thanks for the opinion. Honestly, I did had ride on my colleague's MyVi for few times, and what I can say that it is superb. The sound isolation is so good till i can't really sense the engine sound if i do not hear it purposely. Also, myvi is crazily spacious and rarely has problems except for the few which is really tiny one, as according to few of my collegues that is myvi owner. However, my one collegues told me that for him, there is one downside of myvi is that the car's weight is just below 900kg, so we might feel the car shake when there is some heavy vehicle pass by, esp in highway.

Now, why do I prefer persona at the first impression? Of course there is sth not that impress me about myvi. First, MyVi is quite expensive and for 1.3 full spec will cost around 49k++, which is 50k. For 1.3 car sold at 50k, it is kinda expensive for me. Second, I wish to have a spacious boot because my family member always travel to oversea, and most often time it is useful to have a spacious boot to carry the damn big 28"/29" luggage. Third, I would balik kampung quite often and I need to carry number of people, with persona's weight of more than 1100kg, together with ABS (HI-Line Model), I would feel safer when I am on my balik kampung trip.

However, however, as mentioned, I have to admit that Proton had done a bad bad job coz of the quality issues. Though there start with what i-Care program if i m not mistaken to address the old issues or any new issues for persona, but, to be a wise consumer, I need to make a good survey before I buy. I dun want to get regret with my foolish act later when the vehicle gives me a lot problems. I am sure everyone also like to have their satisfaction for every single cent spent, right?

This is why I wish to gather opinions from Persona owner, coz they are the one who knows the vehicle well.  laugh.gif Of course, different people might have different opinions and I can't stop that. But I really wish that whoever want to bash persona, of course you can, but with a good reason la, not just hearing other ppl say so then follow. For me, bashing with reasonable answer and prove = Positive Feedback.  biggrin.gif
myvi faked spacious with high roof which indirectly makes ur car unstable at corner.. there was once i went to malacca a-famosa with i leading (proton wira) and my friend myvi (follow).. he even called me to slow down because his car is shaking left right at 'kawasan angin lintang' area sweat.gif true story, believe it or not up to u wink.gif
u try sitting 3 average size person in myvi rear vs persona and i will get what i mean by faked spacious.. but i got to admit, it is nice sitting alone at the back tongue.gif
imperialrealcs
post Jan 13 2008, 05:03 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(Azuma-kun @ Jan 13 2008, 04:55 PM)
Wat car also nice when u sit alone doh.gif
cars like wira not so nice lor.. maybe coz my seat is too old?
i sit like a boss in myvi rear if alone wink.gif
but when i sit at my car, the seat is too low so u cannot do 90 degrees on ur knee.. again, might due to my car only tongue.gif
imperialrealcs
post Jan 13 2008, 05:07 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(Azuma-kun @ Jan 13 2008, 05:04 PM)
Lol...wira seat memang low la. front and back.
thats why the feel not so boss as in myvi tongue.gif
my honest oppinion tongue.gif
but as a car owner who 99.9% driving own car, that is not a plus to get myvi lah.. if a boss wana buy a car, merz or bmw will be much better choice
imperialrealcs
post Jan 14 2008, 08:50 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Jan 14 2008, 01:46 AM)
there is a problem with left-right stability even on no-wind conditions with the myvi. Going on uneven roads where left and right wheels differ by a few inches height will feel like hell when a saga feels like nothing. IIANM the myvi wheelbase is longer than the wira (not wider*) so ur legs wont feel compressed with 5 ppl full load like a normal car assuming the front passenger puts the seat in a comfortable position.

I am waiting to see whether the persona has door handle issues (not locking/opening properly) like the saga and waja after maybe 3-4 yrs/100k km.
u do realise 3-4years is like.. very long time?
my bro honda city is in the factory now due to defective electronic power steering.. so my point is, every car manufacture sure got problem with QC (be it Toyota or Honda).. is juz that proton has more owner, so their complain is much more easier to be heard.. not to mention toyota/honda owner wan their thick face and reluctant to tell others about their car problem whistling.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:01 PM