4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Technical Analysis

views

jimmyttl
post Jan 12 2008, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(low yat 82 @ Jan 12 2008, 01:14 PM)
if u noe d way, it aint expensive  brows.gif  brows.gif
u can try out john murphy- technical analysis of the financial markets... this book is considered text book of TA if not mistaken... its a main text book for those who r takin Diploma of Technical Analysis (MSTA)...
Thanks a lot guys. Gonna check out the books later. Didn't know they have a diploma of technical analysis out there in real life.

low yat82, you said if you know the way you can get a book that is inexpensive. I wonder if you could provide me the link or the person whom I can get the book. Fresh grad like me is pretty penniless now, am thinking about throwing some of my lifesavings into options and stocks.
low yat 82
post Jan 12 2008, 04:39 PM

tried to b vegan, but never success :P
4,042 posts

http://www.sc.com.my/eng/html/sidc/bumi/bumiBDREF.html

http://www.sc.com.my/eng/html/sidc/bumi/DipTechAnalysis.pdf

sadly,for non bumi, it will b kinda expensive i think... sad.gif

@jimmyttl, i pm u d.... wink.gif

cherroy
post Jan 12 2008, 06:24 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

Since both thread are talking on the same issue aka technical analysis, so it is being merged together so that forumers will have much easier way to read and post.

Thanks.
klsestockreview
post Jan 12 2008, 11:39 PM

33 posts

Steve Nison's Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques is my first recommendation if you want a book on candlestick charting. Its simply brilliant. It was the first book i picked up on the subject and it remains my fav. Its a tad expensive though in the bookshops.

http://klsestockreview.blogspot.com/
low yat 82
post Jan 13 2008, 12:04 AM

4,042 posts

QUOTE(klsestockreview @ Jan 12 2008, 11:39 PM)
Steve Nison's Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques is my first recommendation if you want a book on candlestick charting. Its simply brilliant. It was the first book i picked up on the subject and it remains my fav. Its a tad expensive though in the bookshops.

http://klsestockreview.blogspot.com/
heard ur blog b4... from Taukeh Saham i think... wink.gif
klsestockreview
post Jan 13 2008, 02:05 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(low yat 82 @ Jan 13 2008, 12:04 AM)
heard ur blog b4... from Taukeh Saham i think...  wink.gif
KLSE Stock Review
nod.gif Yeah...am listed as one of his links. Big shout out to tauke saham for the great link.
TSSi|enCer
post Jan 13 2008, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

@jimmyttl, i pm u d....

Secret PM eh? brows.gif
Since both thread are talking on the same issue aka technical analysis, so it is being merged together so that forumers will have much easier way to read and post.

Thanks admin, apparently lowyat 82 and i are active in both topics. But the purpose of my topic is to get more info about charting tools or softwares, whereas jimmyttl is looking for books about technical analysis. Anyway, he should have rough ideas now thumbup.gif

Apa itu tauke saham, btw? Cherroy, mind to share what software you used for plotting and analysing charts?
low yat 82
post Jan 15 2008, 10:00 PM

4,042 posts

QUOTE(Si|enCer @ Jan 13 2008, 11:40 AM)
Secret PM eh?  brows.gif
Thanks admin, apparently lowyat 82 and i are active in both topics. But the purpose of my topic is to get more info about charting tools or softwares, whereas jimmyttl is looking for books about technical analysis. Anyway, he should have rough ideas now  thumbup.gif

Apa itu tauke saham, btw? Cherroy, mind to share what software you used for plotting and analysing charts?
tauke saham is owner of a blog... a sifu of TA i must say icon_idea.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
keith_hjinhoh
post Jan 15 2008, 10:19 PM

Need My Service?
2,656 posts

My broker use Winchart and it seems to be quite usefull for him.
TSSi|enCer
post Jan 16 2008, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(keith_hjinhoh @ Jan 15 2008, 10:19 PM)
My broker use Winchart and it seems to be quite usefull for him.
More information about this tool/software please. Anyone use this before? Do elaborate in term of pricing, pros and cons and additional features over other TA softwares. Terima Kasih!
greddym3
post Jan 16 2008, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

this is just my opinion..
the best way if u want to profit is to use fundamental analysis
its easier too...get the p/e,volume,nta and theme.these are basics only la.and some common sense too.so far using FA is the best strategy.so far for 10 trades,9 profit and 1 loss.
today klci tanked 50 points but my stocks goes down only 1-2 percent.thats the beauty of FA.
if u wanna learn more about FA..go to this sifu blog sam.i learn from him. thumbup.gif

jgn marah yah

This post has been edited by greddym3: Jan 16 2008, 05:13 PM
soulmad
post Jan 17 2008, 12:11 AM

Enthusiast
942 posts

no worry bout the index fall
it's jst fake illussion
market will rebound soon after consolidate

FA or TA
i would say both important
my priority more on FA
quarter earning does matter more

for TA
i refer to
MACD,RSI,OBV,Volume,MFI

good luck everyone
market goin to crazy bull
TSSi|enCer
post Jan 17 2008, 03:44 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(greddym3 @ Jan 16 2008, 05:12 PM)
this is just my opinion..
the best way if u want to profit is to use fundamental analysis
its easier too...get the p/e,volume,nta and theme.these are basics only la.and some common sense too.so far using FA is the best strategy.so far for 10 trades,9 profit and 1 loss.
today klci tanked 50 points but my stocks goes down only 1-2 percent.thats the beauty of FA.
if u wanna learn more about FA..go to this sifu blog sam.i learn from him. thumbup.gif

jgn marah yah

Yeah, i do understand that FA analysis is important as well. Basically i learn TA to time my entry and exit price. It may right or wrong, but the most importantly TA is able to make a person more discipline in trading stock market. A trader/investor will be more confidence with their buying/selling price of a stock, after they use TA indicators or trend following methods to justify their selection. Eventually they stick to the entry/exit price they set earlier, especially stop loss price. In other words, it can help in avoiding emotional play of the traders/investors in stock market. IMHO.

You got a good trade record there. rclxms.gif I'm a reader of the blog long time ago, well before 27 Feb correction. Then i stopped trading stocks for awhile, and lost track of the blog. Anyway, thanks for telling me. It was indeed a good stock market blog based on FA.
jimmyttl
post Jan 17 2008, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(Si|enCer @ Jan 11 2008, 07:11 PM)
I am still a beginner learning how to trade stock market.

I believe many of you use technical analysis to study chart of the company which you're interested. Currently there are so many softwares out there, with allow us to accomplish this task. Some provide real time data, some don't. Some offer up to date indicators or stock analysis tools. Some are free but not all.

Mind to share what software are you using to study chart?
1) Free or paid version?
2) Real time data?
3) Do share also if you are only using java based programme to get and analyse charts. For example, itradecimb.com and tradesignum.com. Or whichever alternative that you use to study charts through web browser.

Kindly give more informations (pros and cons) about the option you choose, so that others could benefit from it.

Do tell me if this has been discussed before.

What am i using right now is ChartNexus free version. Have to download the programme from chartnexus website. As far as i know,it is more user friendly as compared to java based based programmes. Con - no real time data.
Hi there guys,

Had tried using the add ins and I find it superb. Would like to know if any of you guys there know where I can get a hand on the latest version of the software. The current version's stock tracker doesn't include the EPS and some other datas in it when calculating the fundamental, news and rumours section. It's more like a change in The Star's web template that has not been incorporated into the stock tracker thus rendering the add in to find the EPS.

Added on January 17, 2008, 11:22 am
QUOTE(Si|enCer @ Jan 17 2008, 03:44 AM)
Yeah, i do understand that FA analysis is important as well. Basically i learn TA to time my entry and exit price. It may right or wrong, but the most importantly TA is able to make a person more discipline in trading stock market. A trader/investor will be more confidence with their buying/selling price of a stock, after they use TA indicators or trend following methods to justify their selection. Eventually they stick to the entry/exit price they set earlier, especially stop loss price. In other words, it can help in avoiding emotional play of the traders/investors in stock market. IMHO.

You got a good trade record there.  rclxms.gif I'm a reader of the blog long time ago, well before 27 Feb correction. Then i stopped trading stocks for awhile, and lost track of the blog. Anyway, thanks for telling me. It was indeed a good stock market blog based on FA.
Just a little curious. Has anyone tried short selling in M'sian market before? Does Maybank allows you to short sell?

This post has been edited by jimmyttl: Jan 17 2008, 11:22 AM
mmusang
post Jan 17 2008, 11:48 AM

Regular
1,006 posts

I heard short selling is illegal in m'sia
root_y
post Jan 17 2008, 12:07 PM

23 posts

if you would like to trade using TA and prefer to use excel to do your analysis, there is a website that teach you on how to do it in Excel, some knowledge is script is needed but they do provide ready-to-use script for you to use.

You can find on their website on the links to RSI, MACD and DMI screener, which they do a daily scan of US stock market for those 3 TAs to look for overbought and oversold (i think they scan it using Excel as well).

http://www.diytraders.com

This post has been edited by root_y: Jan 17 2008, 09:50 PM
lazyg
post Jan 17 2008, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

short selling is allowed in malaysia....ban on short selling has been lifted last year....however, we cannot short sell on all stocks. In M'sia, short selling is called as Regulated Short Selling(RSS)..if i'm not mistaken, we can only short sell on 70 selected stocks.
jimmyttl
post Jan 17 2008, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(lazyg @ Jan 17 2008, 12:09 PM)
short selling is allowed in malaysia....ban on short selling has been lifted last year....however, we cannot short sell on all stocks. In M'sia, short selling is called as Regulated Short Selling(RSS)..if i'm not mistaken, we can only short sell on 70 selected stocks.
Yeap. They lifted the ban last year but I have no idea if small time investor like us can perform short sellin on the selected stocks. I'm not sure if it's 70 or 100 selected stocks but either way we can still make money during market downturn. LOL.

Do we perform short sell by selling the stock first before we buy back on T+3 or we have to request for special permission to it?
lazyg
post Jan 17 2008, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(jimmyttl @ Jan 17 2008, 12:32 PM)
Yeap. They lifted the ban last year but I have no idea if small time investor like us can perform short sellin on the selected stocks. I'm not sure if it's 70 or 100 selected stocks but either way we can still make money during market downturn. LOL.

Do we perform short sell by selling the stock first before we buy back on T+3 or we have to request for special permission to it?
confirmed 70 stocks....i've attached the circular regarding RSS. i don't think small time investor can perform short selling....

Attached File(s)
Attached File  bm_cir_rr16_221206.pdf ( 828.5k ) Number of downloads: 157
TSSi|enCer
post Jan 17 2008, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Had tried using the add ins and I find it superb. Would like to know if any of you guys there know where I can get a hand on the latest version of the software. The current version's stock tracker doesn't include the EPS and some other datas in it when calculating the fundamental, news and rumours section. It's more like a change in The Star's web template that has not been incorporated into the stock tracker thus rendering the add in to find the EPS.

I got no idea what advantages the latest version has over the predecessor. But if you want the latest version of ChartNexus, just uninstall current version and download a new one from their website. That is what i did and it works.

if you would like to trade using TA and prefer to use excel to do your analysis, there is a website that teach you on how to do it in Excel, some knowledge is script is needed but they do provide ready-to-use script for you to use.

You can find on their website on the links to RSI, MACD and DMI screener, which they do a daily scan of US stock market for those 3 TAs to look for overbought and oversold (i think they scan it using Excel as well).

I appreciate your information. I'm still learning to plot charts using excel. Your recommended website helps alot, thank you!
There is url mistakes in your link, anyway. sweat.gif

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 PM