Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> NCB for car insurance

lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 11 2008, 10:51 AM

私はデビッド愛
Group: Senior Member

What's the NCB deduction for the 3rd year? Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
yewkhuay
post Jan 11 2008, 11:34 AM

I don't even belong here....

this might help u to get the answer :
http://www.autoworld.com.my/partner/hla/ca...rs/pcmi_cal.asp
+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 11 2008, 12:06 PM

私はデビッド愛

@yewkhuay, thank you very much notworthy.gif but i'm not sure how many % of NCB i am entitled to. the car is under my name for 3 years already. is it 33.33%?
+Quote Post
b00n
post Jan 11 2008, 12:10 PM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

It's after 1st year i.e. 2nd year - 25%, 3rd year - 30%, 4th year - 38.33%, 5th year - 45%, 6th year - 55%
+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 11 2008, 01:17 PM

私はデビッド愛

thanks boon
+Quote Post
David83
post Jan 11 2008, 08:45 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon
Group: Elite

I'm going to renew my insurance soon and I get a NCB of 25%.
+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 12 2008, 12:44 AM

私はデビッド愛

QUOTE(David83 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:45 PM)
I'm going to renew my insurance soon and I get a NCB of 25%.
25% is for 2nd year. 1st year is not entitled to any NCB deduction. just found out that 3rd year is 30%.
+Quote Post
David83
post Jan 12 2008, 06:28 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(lil`pumpkinz @ Jan 12 2008, 12:44 AM)
25% is for 2nd year. 1st year is not entitled to any NCB deduction. just found out that 3rd year is 30%.
Not sure but that's what my agent quoted me.
+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 12 2008, 11:16 AM

私はデビッド愛

QUOTE(David83 @ Jan 12 2008, 06:28 AM)
Not sure but that's what my agent quoted me.
so, 2nd year lor? 1st year no deduction de.
+Quote Post
David83
post Jan 12 2008, 11:19 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(lil`pumpkinz @ Jan 12 2008, 11:16 AM)
so, 2nd year lor? 1st year no deduction de.
How to consider first year? From day 1 is called first year?
+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 12 2008, 11:26 AM

私はデビッド愛

QUOTE(David83 @ Jan 12 2008, 11:19 AM)
How to consider first year? From day 1 is called first year?
my agent did explain to me before and if my memory ain't getting bad, 1st year is when you bought a car and it's registered under your name. so, for that first time, you have to pay the insurance in full with no NCB deduction. you are only entitled to such deduction when you renew your insurance the following year where you'll get 25% off from the gross premium. this NCB is transferable but just to your ownself. let say you used to own a car for 2 years and you already have 25% of the NCB deduction. then when you sold it off and bought a new car, you automatically get back the same deduction for your new car and even more deduction for the following year.

err, not too sure if you get what i mean. i'm not that good with words. someone pls correct me if i am wrong.
+Quote Post
b00n
post Jan 12 2008, 11:40 AM

delusional
Group Icon

QUOTE(lil`pumpkinz @ Jan 12 2008, 11:26 AM)
my agent did explain to me before and if my memory ain't getting bad, 1st year is when you bought a car and it's registered under your name. so, for that first time, you have to pay the insurance in full with no NCB deduction. you are only entitled to such deduction when you renew your insurance the following year where you'll get 25% off from the gross premium. this NCB is transferable but just to your ownself. let say you used to own a car for 2 years and you already have 25% of the NCB deduction. then when you sold it off and bought a new car, you automatically get back the same deduction for your new car and even more deduction for the following year.

err, not too sure if you get what i mean. i'm not that good with words. someone pls correct me if i am wrong.

It's correct. 1st year meant 1st time take up insurance.
2nd year meant 2nd year etc...
So if you sell off the car before end of 3rd year you'll have to claim back the 25% NCB/NCD from the new insurance company because usually they will charge full amount without discount when you purchase a new car.

+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 12 2008, 11:45 AM

私はデビッド愛

QUOTE(b00n @ Jan 12 2008, 11:40 AM)
It's correct. 1st year meant 1st time take up insurance.
2nd year meant 2nd year etc...
So if you sell off the car before end of 3rd year you'll have to claim back the 25% NCB/NCD from the new insurance company because usually they will charge full amount without discount when you purchase a new car.
some agents are bad. like my previous one. i supposed to get NCB 30% when i bought the new car but he did not do the transfer for me.
+Quote Post
kevyeoh
post Jan 12 2008, 11:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!

i just sell my current car...and when you cancel ur current car insurance, make sure you get a letter from the insurance company stating the NCB you're entitled to at the moment...
so when you buy new car...you can continue from there instead of paying full and start all over again...

+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 12 2008, 11:57 AM

私はデビッド愛

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Jan 12 2008, 11:46 AM)
i just sell my current car...and when you cancel ur current car insurance, make sure you get a letter from the insurance company stating the NCB you're entitled to at the moment...
so when you buy new car...you can continue from there instead of paying full and start all over again...
that time my dad wasn't around to check everything for me. so my agent bullied me seeing i am a nerdie girl cry.gif i've got my lesson
+Quote Post
b00n
post Jan 12 2008, 12:06 PM

delusional
Group Icon

QUOTE(lil`pumpkinz @ Jan 12 2008, 11:45 AM)
some agents are bad. like my previous one. i supposed to get NCB 30% when i bought the new car but he did not do the transfer for me.

yeah....like what kevyeoh had suggested.
because you need to terminate the previous insurance and get a refund. Than they would transfer the new NCB/NCD to the new insurance, than another refund by the new insurance.

+Quote Post
lil`pumpkinz
post Jan 12 2008, 10:29 PM

私はデビッド愛

QUOTE(b00n @ Jan 12 2008, 12:06 PM)
yeah....like what kevyeoh had suggested.
because you need to terminate the previous insurance and get a refund. Than they would transfer the new NCB/NCD to the new insurance, than another refund by the new insurance.
what's the max NCB? is it 55%?
+Quote Post
leongal
post Feb 10 2010, 12:20 PM

~I have a new mission in life~

Just read this news on online checking on NCD:

Vechicle Owners Can Check On NCD Online For Free

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 9 (Bernama) -- Vehicle owners can now check their motor insurance no claims discount (NCD) via online for free.

The service, which took effect since Jan 1, is made possible by Insurance Service Malaysia (ISM).

ISM chief executive officer Carl Rajendram said that the online service enabled vehicle owners to verify their own NCD status, thus avoiding possible fraud. which frequently happened previously.

Previously, consumers were often asked to pay the full premium without NCD until the NCD level could be verified by the insurance company.

"With the use of the online system, users can check their NCD status on their own, acknowledge their status faster without depending on the insurer," he told a press conference after launching the NCD website, which is accessible at www.ism.net.my , here Tuesday.

NCD is a 'reward' scheme if no claims are made against the policy during the preceding of 12 months of policy and it ranges from zero percent up to 55 percent for private cars and zero to 25 percent for motorcycle.

At the same event, ISM also introduced the CarPrices Guidebook for Malaysia or 'Green Book', contains independently researched market values of used cars sold in Malaysia.

The booklet contains a comprehensive list of more than 8,000 makes and model, which could be useful and easy reference to the public and would complement to the current specific valuation service which is available online through their Automotive Business Intelligence (ABI) service.

Rajendram said the booklet, published quarterly, would be a useful reference for car dealers, insurers, banks as well as consumers.

"The CarPrices booklet will assist consumers to benchmark their price for their particular car versus our extensively research average market value to assist in determining if they are getting a fair deal.

"Our objective is to create a more transparent process in the buying, selling and insuring of motor vehicles by putting relevant information in the hands of consumers," he said.

--BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=474696
+Quote Post
kennyowz
post Jun 4 2013, 03:16 PM

Group: New Member

https://ncd.ism.net.my/publicncdenq/index.htm
+Quote Post
maggi
post Jun 5 2013, 12:26 PM

Regular

QUOTE(lil`pumpkinz @ Jan 12 2008, 11:26 AM)

if this insurance premium is only payable for the 1st time in full , now most of the car dealer sell car with insurance free 1 years...does dis means in second year when we pay the insurance from our own pocket , we only pay the 75% ? plz advice ........ nod.gif
+Quote Post
Colaboy
post Jun 5 2013, 01:37 PM

On my way

this should be useful

This post has been edited by Colaboy: Jun 5 2013, 01:39 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image