Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Feel Cheated From This Tyre Shop., Heng Meng Auto Service Centre.

views

chrisoys
post Jan 6 2008, 10:08 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(skyline34 @ Jan 5 2008, 04:03 PM)
1st of all, i have posted that my behind tyre kena fender and i have receive all comment from here and my car ower forum. Overall i bring back told them i have this kind of problem and the guy ( claim to be pro in sports rim and tyre ) explain to me is not the tyre problem, is your car fender problem then i ask him what is your solution that you propose to me, and he said he will do the chamber thing some sort like changing screw and for that you have to paid for everything including changing the screw n do allingment and balancing. so i ask him did u said if i have any problem and you will settle for me once i install this set of rim and tyre from you, he told me that now is not the tyre problem is you car fender problem. i mean wtf total different thing from wat u saying b4. then fine i said i will be back if i wanna change.

so yesterday i went to hyundai service centre ( since im driving hyundai car ) told all the problem that im having for now after install the rim n tyre and they said they will do checking for the rim n tyre, after 30 minute the mechanic guy walk in and explain to me, for standard 195/??/15 shud use 195/50/15 is the best combination of the tyre, wtf that shop guy told me this is the best combiantion for my rims size, how come different ppl told me different story.

then fine with that, my car steering was shacking when i reach 140kmh-150kmh, so the mechanic guy ask me did i add those centre cone for the sports rim then the shop guy did intro me and install only 2 while shud 1 set coming in 4, walau, paying price for 4 cone then get 2 only. overall no responsible from the shop said will fix everything when have problem at last have to paid also, paying 4 centre cone price only get 2. @#$%^ mad.gif

Heng Meng Auto Service Centre In Danau Kota not recommended although the boss is quite good to dealing with but the workers sucks ...
First of all who idea on selecting the rim & tyre type. You or the mechanic? If the mechanic choose it than he should be responsible on this problem. If not then you can't blame the mechanic explanation to you like that. I don't see any problem with the mechanic told you about your car.

Usually when you paid & change the rim & tyre. The workshop will to balancing & alignment for you FOC. They only fix/responsible on the problem of the rim & tyre if you feel anything are not right. You can go back and ask for a change.

If the tyres kena fender the problem is not on your tyre & rim is on your car fender not wide enough or poor selection choice of tyre size. Since you already fix the rim & tyre the mechanic have no choice but need to adjust the chamber in order your tyre & rim tilt inward just to make the tyre not to hit the fender. In order to adjust the chamber their need to change an adjustable pin cause our car come out from factory the pin can't be adjust. Changing the pin we need to paid & it is not cheap for 1 pin.

As for your wheel shaking driving high speed. You need to ask the mechanic do the high speed balancing. High speed balancing changes different rate compare to normal balancing. You also need to paid for that.
chrisoys
post Jan 7 2008, 09:06 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(skyline34 @ Jan 7 2008, 12:24 AM)
for the rim is i choose myself and i also ask the boss is this rim will fit to my car? he said no problem, then fine for me, when going to the tyre i choose the eagle f1 tyre and the boss n staff over there recommended me to go for 195/55/15, i do read some topics in my car forum saying that after changing rim will kena fender wan, so i ask him will this thing will kena my fender after the installation? all answer that i get is it wont and having problem just come back to us.

since im not so good in all this, what i have to do is just to believe on what they recommend and do according to what they said, facing problem then go back to them and when at there different story coming out. sienz la. and 1 more thing they only do the balancing and no alingment has been done, when i ask no need do alingment? the mechanic said no need i already been test driving and no problem with that.
If that the case. I think the boss should solve your problem by changing the tyre for you.

So, did the boss change the tyre for you? Since is the tyre choice the boss recommend are not right.
chrisoys
post Jan 7 2008, 11:19 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(skyline34 @ Jan 7 2008, 11:09 AM)
yup, only 2 they install this to my rim.
Maybe you need to check on the inner rim to check whether the cone got stuck there are not.
chrisoys
post Jan 7 2008, 12:19 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Jan 7 2008, 11:45 AM)
The cone/ring you guys mentioned is it a thin aluminium ring that is installed between the centre hub and the centre of the rim? If yes i think that is the biggest con job because that ring does nothing useful at all. I didn't install that and i have no problems at all.

Steering vibration just means the tyre balancing is not done properly. How they mount the tyres also affects it's balance, if you notice on new tyres there is always two paint dots, one red and one yellow, these dots are actually marking the heavy and light portion of the tyre. Which is which i can't remember but i know when they mount the tyre to the rim they must line up one of those dots to the tyre valve. Then comes the balancing part which is static and dynamic. Static balances the up down bounce and dynamic balances the right and left swing. Both needs to be done to get the best results.
That aluminium cone help stable your car during high speed driving.

Here is the link for more info about tyres : - http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Hope this help

Added on January 7, 2008, 12:22 pm
QUOTE(skyline34 @ Jan 7 2008, 11:53 AM)
so is there any solution for the fender problem other than went back to that shop?
Where is the tyre hitting on your fender?

Added on January 7, 2008, 12:23 pm
QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 7 2008, 12:03 PM)
can,try find a tire shop skim ur offset thinner by 5mm then ur prom will all done~
No offence. Its not a good idea to skim the rim. You might cause the rim become weaker or unbalance.

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 7 2008, 12:23 PM
chrisoys
post Jan 7 2008, 12:36 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 7 2008, 12:26 PM)
no offence??
dude do u know actually where i ask him 2 skimmed??
if he dun skimmed d offset slightly thinner then his car prob will stay till he change ad rims off or smaller tire which will cost him a bomb~
btw ts ur stock tire size is 185/60-14??
I don't care where you going to skim the rim. Once the rim being disturbed from the original state it will not be prefect anymore.

If the rim can be skim why the manufacturer provided different offset for their consumer to choose from. That why when you choosing rim must choose the correct rim for your car. Skimming the rim is not the right option to solve his problem.

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 7 2008, 12:41 PM
chrisoys
post Jan 7 2008, 02:20 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 7 2008, 01:09 PM)
well,it's so sad tat u dunno anything tecnical about skimming~
go consult ur own mechanic b4 u start posting here~  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif
i've done tis b4 n there's no prob skimming d offset slightly thinner 2 avoid kena fender~
I am speechless. Maybe you can tell us more about skimming in technical. It will help us to understand more about skimming.

I think Wheel manufacturer can come out only one offset wheel type. Since mechanic can skim the wheel offset. rclxms.gif This is the mentality of a Malaysian anything also BOLEH notworthy.gif
chrisoys
post Jan 7 2008, 09:05 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 7 2008, 07:08 PM)
fuiyoh
u very keng~
only 1 offset wor~�� rclxms.gifrclxms.gifrclxms.gifrclxms.gifrclxms.gifrclxms.gif
yes i know kena outside wall tat's y i ask u go skim ur offset a bit then ur prob solve~
even if u put bush also useless as wen ur car fully loaded it'll touch d fender again~
You not yet tell us (newbie) more about technical skimming cool2.gif Don't try to run away my question to you leh unsure.gif Since you are expert in this area don't be so selfish la. cool2.gif

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 7 2008, 09:40 PM
chrisoys
post Jan 8 2008, 10:02 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 8 2008, 01:22 AM)
no need 2 answer ur questions liao as u're a pro wit only 1 offset tat manufacturer only manufacture~ rclxms.gifrclxms.gif
i'm jus a noob tat din't know tat only~
cuz i know every single set of rim got diff of offsets~
but u said only 1 lo~�� whistling.gifwhistling.gif
HUH??? Please read ppl reply carfully. My reply to you mean if you can do skimming the offset than the manufacturer no need come out so many different offset then better come out one offset. Now u say I told ppl manufacturer got one offset wheel. LOL rclxms.gif

If you don't know say so loh. why say no need to answer me. LOL rclxms.gif

Ask any wheel manufacturers. Let us know which wheel manufacturers recommend can skim their wheel.

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 8 2008, 10:05 AM
chrisoys
post Jan 8 2008, 08:24 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 8 2008, 01:26 PM)
i will said LOLZ~
tis is wat u've post on ur ownself n asking ppl 2 read properly???
u must b on pills or really sick till u dun even know wat did u type~� shakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gif
anyway no point talking 2 a ppl like u who dun even know wat u did/write previous post~
jus� LOLZ~
Again & again you try to avoid my question to you about skimming rim you trying to recommend ppls to do. Stop talking crap & start talk some sense here.

Ppls in the forum want share & learn. But for you just recommend ppls to skimming rim without supporting proof that skimming will do no harm on the wheel or maybe you can show us about some write up about skimming rim also will do. This is very simple question I asking from you not like I scold you & step down on you. Why you will so offended?

All you need is just proof me wrong. That it. Like that you also cannot do?

Funny guy sweat.gif

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 8 2008, 08:27 PM
chrisoys
post Jan 8 2008, 08:58 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 8 2008, 08:52 PM)
well as i said b4~
skim a lil bit on da rim's offset will do but from ur reply terus already shoot me like a pro in tire line~
tat's y i ask u go back n consult ur own mechanic if u dunno wat am i talking about~
if u go 2 pro shop n tell them ur car's prob i'm very very sure they'll tell u straight wat 2 do~
skimming d offset ard 2-3mm will not do any harm 2 da rim but u shoot me cannot n bla bla bla~
i'll dare 2 bet wit u 2 my last penny skimming offset won't do any harm at all if u dare take d challenge~ whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif
so i think u urself need 2 re-read back my post~ shakehead.gifshakehead.gif
Did I shoot you? Is just my opinion that skimming rim is not recommended that it I didn't say anything bad about you & bla bla bla. Please go back and read my first post to you carefully. That why I say please don't get offended about my comment.

So are you tyre & rim expert here?

Skimming rim will do no harm is based on your experience or technically?

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 8 2008, 09:00 PM
chrisoys
post Jan 9 2008, 09:16 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 8 2008, 11:39 PM)
yes as i'm working in tire line longer than u own or drive ur car~
it's thru my experience other wise i won't ask ppl 1 skim d rim's offset
OK. Thru experience from try & error. Thank you so much. It already answer my question.

For your info I work in automotive manufacturer basically we have alot of engineers that can gave me the answer.

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 9 2008, 09:18 AM
chrisoys
post Jan 9 2008, 10:36 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 9 2008, 10:34 AM)
basically working in manufacturer only produce but do they ever even try modified sum thing which is alreadt produce??  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
Of cause they do. That why we have R&D Dept cool2.gif
chrisoys
post Jan 9 2008, 11:23 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 9 2008, 11:03 AM)
hmm.gif
then how come outside mechanic shop got do tis small things but u din't know anything about it n come said cannot do it at da 1st place wen u said got  R&D dept??
You already feel so offended about my disagreement on your suggestion. So, I must act dumb dumb and ask the PRO here. Maybe there are something new I can learn from the PRO here mah. We are never be to old to learn new thing right?

Outside mechanics anything also can do. You don't know meh? MALAYSIA BOLEH MAH rclxms.gif

Hmmm......... I think I can fit in those Nice & Big design wheel on my small car. Some good design don't have the right offset on my car. Just skim abit the offset can already rclxm9.gif am I right?

Did you do skimming rim? Can recommend me good skimming workshop? I stay KL & PJ area.

Thank you so much in advance Sifu notworthy.gif
chrisoys
post Jan 9 2008, 11:40 AM

Casual
321 posts

Hmmm......... I think I can fit in those Nice & Big design wheel on my small car. Some good design don't have the right offset on my car. Just skim abit the offset can already am I right?

Did you do skimming rim? Can recommend me good skimming workshop? I stay KL & PJ area.

Thank you so much in advance Sifu notworthy.gif

Added on January 9, 2008, 11:42 amAny specific tyre shop selling cheap quality tyre & good in fixing alignment & balancing. Require your advice here. Thanks. Still waiting for reply? I thought you work in tyre line hmm.gif No need take so long to reply me right.

Refer link below.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/607156

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 9 2008, 11:42 AM
chrisoys
post Jan 9 2008, 11:48 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 9 2008, 11:45 AM)
u working in automotive manufacturer factory wor~
need look 4 me cap kaki ayam for help meh? ? LOLZ~
if cannot fix then u remake ur new design wheel for ur car till fit fit lo~
hahahahaa~
u're pro ma
i'm cons ma~
Don't say like that lah. Maybe I learn something new from you or even for my technical ppls also.

Did you do skimming rim? Can recommend me good skimming workshop?

Any specific tyre shop selling cheap quality tyre & good in fixing alignment & balancing?

I stay KL & PJ area.
chrisoys
post Jan 9 2008, 12:14 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 9 2008, 12:08 PM)
u got same prob wit ts meh? ?
or ur pcd cannot fit? ?
No problem on my ride. I just asking for recommendation where can do skimming for my friend. Cause his wheel kena his car fender. Same problem like the bro started this thread.

Do you do skimming rim? or do you know which workshop do this skimming rim?

Any specific tyre shop selling cheap quality tyre & good in fixing alignment & balancing? This is for my car.

I stay KL & PJ area.

This post has been edited by chrisoys: Jan 9 2008, 12:16 PM
chrisoys
post Jan 9 2008, 08:31 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(cheeann @ Jan 9 2008, 03:05 PM)
jus go 2 any tyre shop n ask them if they can do or not as i stay very far from u~
those rims i send 2 balakong there do any repair n skimming~
wat car r u driving n wat's ur tire size~
Then I ask my friend go Balakong to find him self lah.

My tyre size 205/45/17

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:57 PM