Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Futures and Derivatives Market, Q & A Futures and Derivatives

views

low yat 82
post Jan 6 2008, 11:14 PM

tried to b vegan, but never success :P
4,042 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

oo.. thanks.. wow... d charges so minimum..

btw, i've read a book stated that futures's volume n open interest is actually 1 day lag.. is it true also for malaysia futures market?
TSaurora97
post Jan 6 2008, 11:59 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(low yat 82 @ Jan 6 2008, 11:14 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

oo.. thanks..  wow... d charges so minimum..
btw, i've read a book stated that futures's volume n open interest is actually 1 day lag.. is it true also for malaysia futures market?
Err... the charges is as follows

I won't give the exact commission rate but it is lower than equity ^^, but the exchange and clearing fees are correct.

FKLI
Rm 100 (Rm 95[commission]+ Rm 5[exchange 4+1 clearing]) per side/per way

FCPO
Rm 100 (Rm 97+ Rm 3 [exchange 3+1 clearing]) per side/ per way

Per side/Per way is one transaction

Round Turn is one transaction back anf forth.

can you eleaborate further?

Cause to my knowledge everything is electronically traded and real time, there might be some delay of data transmission but the trading system updates it self every 10-30 seconds.

low yat 82
post Jan 7 2008, 12:40 AM

4,042 posts

can you eleaborate further?

Cause to my knowledge everything is electronically traded and real time, there might be some delay of data transmission but the trading system updates it self every 10-30 seconds.
accordin to d books, it stated for futures, i.e. yesterday data for volume n open interests, will b given out today...so its 1 day lag... hmm.gif hmm.gif

hmm... about d commission, i think ill ask my remisier tomolo... smile.gif
TSaurora97
post Jan 7 2008, 12:45 AM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

ah ok your right on that if you say compilation of data, everyday i see that report and i didnt know what you were talking about... lol oops..

I can see volume, open interest, market share, daily trade statistic but all information are for the previous day so delay by 1 day.

I will tip you of to see whether your rate is alright thats the best i can do for u.
low yat 82
post Jan 9 2008, 10:55 PM

4,042 posts

shortin time for FKLI? not yet IMHO... still no confirm sign FKLI is goin down... uhuhuh... hopefully that time i already open acc. ^.^
TSaurora97
post Jan 10 2008, 01:50 AM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

FKLI has breach 1500 for Jan 08 ceiling once it goes up, now is a super bull already i think its kind of too late to do anything but still can consider. Normaly acc opening is very fast, if all ur documentation is sufficient and u have deposited the inital margin. Can trade the next day or even immediately.

Oh by the way CPO now at 3200, plantation companies shud be making tonnes by now.
low yat 82
post Jan 10 2008, 02:04 AM

4,042 posts

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Jan 10 2008, 01:50 AM)
FKLI has breach 1500 for Jan 08 ceiling once it goes up, now is a super bull already i think its kind of too late to do anything but still can consider. Normaly acc opening is very fast, if all ur documentation is sufficient and u have deposited the inital margin. Can trade the next day or even immediately.

Oh by the way CPO now at 3200, plantation companies shud be making tonnes by now.
super bull? wats ur supportin point? IMHO, US problem has drag for quite sometime d... FED keep cuttin interest rate to avoid resession (since interest rate goes down, dollar goes down, means commodities goes up)...all commodities will shootin high up d sky... US problem will drag every1 goes done...

IMHO when GE is announce, d market will slide down till GE over..

im waitin to short d market...but need clear confirmation from klci 1st...

i still not call my remisier yet ab d commision tongue.gif
cherroy
post Jan 10 2008, 10:01 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Jan 10 2008, 01:50 AM)

This is a just normal bull of KLCI, not the whole market. Only 1993-1994, and the 1Q 2007, we can consider as super bull, now? far from a actuall super bull.

Volume accompanied with the new high of KLCI is so so only. One of the main reason of KLCI is breaching new high again and again is due to CPO as heavy weight plantation like Sime, IOI, PPB, KLK are the major contribution of KLCI new high, others components are Ok only, not super bull type of run. See where is TM, Tenaga, Maybank, Plus, fall from its 1994/1997 high. Currently it is much more sectorial not overall. You need a overall economy booming with GDP growing at full pace to stage a real market super bull.

No doubt, super bull is applied to CPO.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Jan 10 2008, 10:08 AM
TSaurora97
post Jan 10 2008, 10:21 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 10 2008, 10:01 AM)
This is a just normal bull of KLCI, not the whole market. Only 1993-1994, and the 1Q 2007, we can consider as super bull, now?  far from a actuall super bull.

Volume accompanied with the new high of KLCI is so so only. One of the main reason of KLCI is breaching new high again and again is due to CPO as heavy weight plantation like Sime, IOI, PPB, KLK are the major contribution of KLCI new high, others components are Ok only, not super bull type of run. See where is TM, Tenaga, Maybank, Plus,  fall from its 1994/1997 high. Currently it is much more sectorial not overall. You need a overall economy booming with GDP growing at full pace to stage a real market super bull.

No doubt, super bull is applied to CPO.
I agree with you on the part plantations sector is leading the charge, but we are looking at the "Overall market" not isolated industries comparison if you refer to the KLSE index its at a 10 year high breaching 1500 barier.

Fyi this is a super bull for the futures industry, since we do not look at stocks but the performance of KLSE as a whole.
cherroy
post Jan 11 2008, 09:50 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Jan 10 2008, 10:21 PM)
I agree with you on the part plantations sector is leading the charge, but we are looking at the "Overall market" not isolated industries comparison if you refer to the KLSE index its at a 10 year high breaching 1500 barier.

Fyi this is a super bull for the futures industry, since we do not look at stocks but the performance of KLSE as a whole.
To be precise, it is the top 30-40 index components are having a super bull not entire KLSE market. Most people won't disagree on this if you go to the stock market section to chit chat. Yup, no doubt, if look solely on futures alone, all are under super bull run, FCPO, FKLI, but to say KLSE entire market is having super bull run is a bit pre-mature and not exactly the right picture of it.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Jan 11 2008, 09:50 AM
TSaurora97
post Jan 12 2008, 07:06 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 11 2008, 09:50 AM)
To be precise, it is the top 30-40 index components are having a super bull not entire KLSE market. Most people won't disagree on this if you go to the stock market section to chit chat. Yup, no doubt, if look solely on futures alone, all are under super bull run, FCPO, FKLI, but to say KLSE entire market is having super bull run is a bit pre-mature and not exactly the right picture of it.
Well explained, I get where ur going at.

Take note...

So for clarification sake, its safe for me to say that FCPO and FKLI is currently experience a super bull and not KLSE for the reocrd.
looprevil
post Jan 22 2008, 04:20 PM

Casual
320 posts

within today, KLCI fall 60+ pts, Hang Seng fall almost 2000+ pts, nikkei fall 5.65%, the whole asian stock markets is tumbling like no tomorrow,
should i name it super bear? sad.gif

sorry, i'm newbie in shares, thanks for info in the previous posts, really appreaciate it, need sometime to digest...
cherroy
post Jan 22 2008, 04:23 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(looprevil @ Jan 22 2008, 04:20 PM)
within today, KLCI fall 60+ pts, Hang Seng fall almost 2000+ pts, nikkei fall 5.65%, the whole asian stock markets is tumbling like no tomorrow,
should i name it super bear?  sad.gif

sorry, i'm newbie in shares, thanks for info in the previous posts, really appreaciate it, need sometime to digest...
Generally in market taught, a drop of 10% is considered a correction, a 20% drop is considered into the bear territory already. KLSE has not (yet) drop 20% but others major bourses already in it.
panasonic88
post Jan 22 2008, 05:00 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
VIP
37,028 posts

malaysia bear will only come out when CI touching 1,200 level!

*assuming 1500 level minus 20% (as per what cherroy described)
*currently is just a "correction"... sweat.gif
jimmyttl
post Jan 22 2008, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Jan 2 2008, 02:11 AM)
Return for Futures and Derivatives estimate 30% for the yr 06 and 07. <EDITED

Example
Take FKLI (Bechmark KLCI)
0.5 tick/point = Rm 25
1 tick = Rm 50

If the FKLI were to surge 10 points that would be Rm 500 gain and vice versa.

Not suprisingly if the market were to go against you, you can lose more than you have invested in the market.

It all depends on the volatility of the market.

See a Future broker representative near you for in-dept details.

Added on January 2, 2008, 2:16 amTrading in Futures and Derivatives...

General Requirement
1. 18yrs old at the date of agreement
2. IC + 3 months Pay Slip/ Be Form/ Form J/ 3 months Bank Statement
3. A Future Broker Representaive
4. Rm 10 Stamping Fee

Account Opened?
1. Initial Margin is Rm 5000 (i.e. deposit)
2. Margin Call is T+1 (instead of being T+3 like securities)
3. All transactions are settled at end day by brokerage
4. Margin call is at 8:45am, payment must be made before 12pm.
5. Instructions/orders/Trades can be placed Online or by Phone.
6. End day you will receive a daily activity statement and end month you will also receive a monthly activity statement
ha~ couldn't find this thread the last time i checked.

guess my questions have been answered, albeit partially. I'm a fresh grad with a major in finance but the funny thing is we are taught more on the fundamentals of the financial instruments and nothing much about the trading part of it.

see i understand how the transaction and p/l are calculated but i'm seriously at loss as to how or whom i should look for regarding the opening of account for trading of futures. bah~ have been doing some equity trading for quite some time and it's simply frustrating not being able to do something when the market head souths.

adrian,
as a fresh grad who is still hunting for job, i definitely don't have a payslip to show but is it mandatory? I'm not trading using the margin facility and do I have any problem with the opening of account if I place less than 5k worth of deposit in the bank?
cherroy
post Jan 22 2008, 05:33 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(jimmyttl @ Jan 22 2008, 05:16 PM)

guess my questions have been answered, albeit partially. I'm a fresh grad with a major in finance but the funny thing is we are taught more on the fundamentals of the financial instruments and nothing much about the trading part of it.

see i understand how the transaction and p/l are calculated but i'm seriously at loss as to how or whom i should look for regarding the opening of account for trading of futures. bah~ have been doing some equity trading for quite some time and it's simply frustrating not being able to do something when the market head souths.

adrian,
as a fresh grad who is still hunting for job, i definitely don't have a payslip to show but is it mandatory? I'm not trading using the margin facility and do I have any problem with the opening of account if I place less than 5k worth of deposit in the bank?
Don't trade until you are fully aware of the risk behind. It is much more risky than trading shares, bare in mind. 5K, 10K per Contract/lot trade can easily be whiped out overnight if market is against you.
TSaurora97
post Jan 22 2008, 06:57 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

Attached File  7_of_2008_Margin__FKLIOKLI_.pdf ( 76.07k ) Number of downloads: 186
Attached File  8_of_20087_Margin__FCPO__FPKO_.pdf ( 76.08k ) Number of downloads: 133

I took the liberty to attach the initial margin rates effective from 22nd Jan 08 to 25th Jan 08

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 22 2008, 05:33 PM)
Don't trade until you are fully aware of the risk behind. It is much more risky than trading shares, bare in mind. 5K, 10K per Contract/lot trade can easily be whiped out overnight if market is against you.
He does have a point, on the other hand of course taking big risk also have big returns otherwise we wont be trading into the future. It could be 10K profit as well right?

by the way if the market drops more than 20% it will automatically trigger a circuit breaker meaning that the entire market will be suspended for that particular day.

This post has been edited by aurora97: Jan 22 2008, 06:58 PM
jimmyttl
post Jan 22 2008, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Jan 22 2008, 06:57 PM)
Attached File  7_of_2008_Margin__FKLIOKLI_.pdf ( 76.07k ) Number of downloads: 186
Attached File  8_of_20087_Margin__FCPO__FPKO_.pdf ( 76.08k ) Number of downloads: 133

I took the liberty to attach the initial margin rates effective from 22nd Jan 08 to 25th Jan 08
He does have a point, on the other hand of course taking big risk also have big returns otherwise we wont be trading into the future. It could be 10K profit as well right?

by the way if the market drops more than 20% it will automatically trigger a circuit breaker meaning that the entire market will be suspended for that particular day.
^^ Thanks for the concern.

I just want to have the options to short on futures as a hedge on my portfolio during the bear run as I'll still be keeping my portfolio intact during the duration. And trading in shares/warrants too has its own risks.
low yat 82
post Jan 22 2008, 07:05 PM

4,042 posts

huhuh.. those shortin klci must b laughin rite now...

haizz... so sad... not manage to open futures acc. in time sad.gif
TSaurora97
post Jan 22 2008, 07:08 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(jimmyttl @ Jan 22 2008, 05:16 PM)

adrian,
It's no problem actually just produce your 3 mths bank s/m or savings book will suffice. You don't need to park RM 100,000 just to show that you can invest in futures, even with RM 1 we will buy whatever reason you give.

This is a common misunderstanding among many ppl that you need to have the money in the bank to invest in the futures makret, actually we need your savings or bank s/m just to verify your identity i.e. extra precaution.

If I walk in and just open account but never trade in futures thats fine, just leave the account dormant doesn't matter.

But when and you so choose to take a dip into the futures market that you should refer to the initial margin rates that i have posted in PDF format.

example the current inital margin rate is RM 5,000, than you will need to deposit 5K before you can start trading (only when you want to trade)

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 PM