Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engineering Mechatronics in malaysia, accredited course of mechatronics and de

views

DerekKuah
post Jan 26 2008, 12:59 PM

On my way
519 posts

Im a graduates of Mechatronics engineering of 6 years already(KBU) & my time is 2(local)+1(UK) programme. Too me all those so call Lan acrediated is bull shit. I deal with so many consultant(almost of them is malay) & most of them non local graduates. Those Lan accredited again is to protect the local ppl.

In engineering firm, u have to ask urself either u will be a enhance ur careeer in technical or management.If ur objective is in technical, then no doubt u have to cater for local BEM accredited.(to be a registered engineer).. NOAt top management will mostly is not a technical personnel but mostly is engineering backgound. As nowadyas mostly engineers will be involves in management where those MBA is designed for engineers. This is wondering myself when i study engineer management during college, why i need to study management & marketing. The answer is in engineering firm u have multiple choice of career path which either in technical or management level.

This mechatronics course in malaysia is not very well known as our technology is still not yet on par. In overseas in call integrated engineering which is very famous of the application. Hence, i find it very usefull for myself as i myself able to handle no matter mechanical or electrical or electronics when dealing with consultant.
For info, just that malaysia is abit behind the world as now the world leader is talking abt concurrent engineering(i foreseen during my final year in UK). Mostly ppl have wrong perception that mechatronics is abt Robotics & im here strightly tell that is not just that.

By the way, as i know normally final year in Australia takes 2 years & only in UK is 1 year. I doubt maybe now the education had changed. Believe u will see the real mechatronics enginnering world when u go overseas.

For info: my class that time is only consist 13 ppl. As i can all of them is looking forward good career as in corporate bank(PA to CEO), TNB(engineer), semicon(marketing engineer), project management(engineer) & etcc.....Hope this could be a guide to those have doubt of mechatronics course & future career.

This post has been edited by DerekKuah: Jan 26 2008, 01:17 PM
DerekKuah
post Jul 9 2008, 04:33 PM

On my way
519 posts

QUOTE(Yuka Yuka @ Jul 8 2008, 09:12 AM)
I would like to ask a question. What do you get to do for your final year assignment in Mechatronics?

I've read that some are required to create and construct some mechanical device on their own, which sounds fun to me  thumbup.gif

Anyway, would like to know what is the most interesting homework Mechatronics have ever offered you guys too smile.gif
Mechatronics is combination of mechanical, electrical, electronics, control system & computing. In short, does not matter either the college or uni is more on E&E or mechanical, choose a project that involves all the above i mentioned.

For your reference, my final year thesis project is "Development of inverted pendulum"(rocket application). In short, i need to built mechanical rig, control circuit(interfacing), computing programe(visual c++).

choose a project that have all the combination that i mentioned.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:47 AM