Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mechatronics in malaysia, accredited course of mechatronics and de (Engineering)

aiden
post Jan 1 2008, 03:11 PM

Group: Junior Member

Hi..I have currently finished my SPM and waiting for my results.I am planning to do mechatronics .
But there are few colleges or uni offering this for a decent cost.
1 college that is offering mechatronics is UTAR and it is not accredited.So do i go for UTAR although it is still not accredited.
and Is MMU offering mechatronics ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anthonyz
post Jan 1 2008, 03:13 PM

Getting Started

KBU is offering mechatronics...
+Quote Post
jasperng
post Jan 1 2008, 08:07 PM

- Eminent Leader -
Group: Senior Member

I suggest not to go to Uni which does not get accreditation ... You will regret big time like me .. =)

Are you 100% interested in Mechatronic ? Dont think that just because it is a combination of mechanical and electrical it will have more job opportunities.
If you are employer who is finding ppl for an electrical job, do you choose someone who is expert in it ( as in having more knowledge in the field) or someone who just know it ( as in having the basic of it)?

Anyhow, if you are not sure you can always take foundation such as SAM . After completing it, you will have clearer picture what to take.

If you insist on mechatronic, I suggest you to go for Monash. Utar is not a good choice in my opinion. @@ . But if yoou have financial constraint, i guess should go for MMU.

Added on January 1, 2008, 8:09 pm
QUOTE(anthonyz @ Jan 1 2008, 03:13 PM)
Yes ... many colleges and universities nowadays are offering it. But my fren who was in KBU said the staffs there are very limited and the campus is not so great either.

This post has been edited by jasperng: Jan 1 2008, 08:09 PM
+Quote Post
aiden
post Jan 2 2008, 09:10 PM

Actually, I have enquired KBU but they said they do not have enough student to start the class.
And according to KBU , I need to do a 3+1 . 1 year in Australia.
Anyone knows how much it costs for that 1 year in Australia ?

Added on January 2, 2008, 9:14 pm
Does MMU offers Mechatronics ?
Monash is a very good place to study if I have around 160K

This post has been edited by aiden: Jan 2 2008, 09:14 PM
+Quote Post
Criptonox89
post Jan 2 2008, 10:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i'm planning to do Mechatronics in Monash U as well, wondering its career path as compared to other engineering field. despite the matter of institution, would it be much harder or too general since it's combination of electrical and mechanical engineering?
+Quote Post
biggie
post Jan 3 2008, 09:02 AM

Enthusiast

The career path for mechatronics is not too great, its similar to all other eng subjects.

Public universities such as IIUM, UTM, UniMap and USM all have accredited mechatronic degrees, and their lecturers are active in mechatronic research. As also Monash (although Monash Malaysia do not have the research facilities and rigour like their Australian counterpart). UniKL (MFI) also offers mechatronics degrees (minimal research).

Please take note that Mechatronics due to its nature is a very difficult program to run as big investment must be made by the unis. Private unis might not be willing to invest for a proper mechatronics infrastructure. You might end up sharing mech/EE courses labs, which is not ideal for modern mechatronic education (It is okay 10 yrs ago, but not now).

PM me for details
+Quote Post
chongsy
post Jan 3 2008, 11:41 AM

Getting Started

Suggest you checkout UCTI Machatrontics course http://www.ucti.edu.my/degree54.htm

The course is also designed in specification with Board of Engineers Malaysia.

You can also viit their OPEN DAY on 5 & 6 Jan 2008 at Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil.
+Quote Post
hikashi
post Jan 3 2008, 08:48 PM

Feed with candy

QUOTE(aiden @ Jan 2 2008, 09:10 PM)
Actually, I have enquired KBU but they said they do not have enough student to start the class.

i have the similar situation with you.
Just register yourselves 1st in KBU and wait till mid feb. they just nid more ppl to start the course.

There is other option also in Curtin, Miri. They just started the course and we will be 1st batch if we enroll ourselves this feb.

+Quote Post
aiden
post Jan 3 2008, 09:36 PM

QUOTE(hikashi @ Jan 3 2008, 08:48 PM)
i have the similar situation with you.
Just register yourselves 1st in KBU and wait till mid feb. they just nid more ppl to start the course.

There is other option also in Curtin, Miri. They just started the course and we will be 1st batch if we enroll ourselves this feb.
Oh really?
So u have enrolled yourself in the mechatronics there?
Have you enquired how much it would cost to study in Australia for the final year ?
+Quote Post
Feliz
post Jan 3 2008, 11:42 PM

Getting Started

University of Nottingham also offer this course
+Quote Post
hikashi
post Jan 4 2008, 01:15 PM

Feed with candy

QUOTE(aiden @ Jan 3 2008, 09:36 PM)
Oh really?
So u have enrolled yourself in the mechatronics there?
Have you enquired how much it would cost to study in Australia for the final year ?
it definitely wont be any cheaper than studying full year in Curtin, Miri. sweat.gif

give u a rough figure of rm18k per annum. its about rm18k x 3 and final year will be rm18k*2.8. Not to mention the expenses is about at least 1k AUD. Winter clothing and more daily stuffs need to be bought.

RM50400
+
RM2800*12
=
~RM80000 in final year.
can buy a brand new vios.. sweat.gif

+Quote Post
Frennie Orange
post Jan 4 2008, 05:30 PM

Group: New Member

Friends, do not make a same mistake as me.

I am currently working as an engineer in one of the oil/gas consultancy company. However, my degree which I got it from one of the private college in Malaysia via 3+0 program is not accredited.

Even though we have gone through those subjects required by LAN, it is not accredited by BEM. BEM only recognise 4 years engineering degree, preferably from local uni or at least 2 years overseas.

Please check in the BEM website for the list of accredited public universities or colleges in Malaysia.

You may think the registration with BEM is not important if you intend to work in private sector. But if one day you work in consultancy companies, you need that. You cannot call yourself as an engineer if you cannot register youself with BEM.

Maybe after 10 years graduated from your Degree program and suddenly you got a very good job offer in one of the consultancy company, but because of your degree is not accredited, the company might have to let go of you.
I am facing the same problem. I have talked to my boss and he asked me to quietly solve the problem by studying Master in Engineering.

I cant let my colleagues know or else, there is a chance the company will sack you.

So no choice, I have registered myself with one of the local Uni in KL for my master in engineering.
It is not easy because after so many years of working, you forgot all the theories. Some more, I have to study part-time. It is nightmare to me.

So my advice...go for those accredited uni like curtin, nottingham, MMU, Uniten, Monash...even though it is costly, it is still better than to be in the situation like me.

Getting a non-accredited degree will haunt you forever. Even though with my Master, I can register with BEM but that doest mean my degree has become accredited.

All the overseas countries like Australia, UK, US and etc always look at the undergraduate degree to determine whether your degree is accredited or not. So if one day you would like to apply PR in australia, they will look at your degree. If your degree is not accredited, then you have to go through another process to determine your application.

So my friends..it is better to get an accredited degree or else, this problem will always come and haunt you.

Yes, you might work in Intel, motorola or Western D and at the moment, they do not care whether you can register with BEM or not. But who knows what will happen in another 10 or 20 years?

What if suddenly the government decide to change the act and requested all the private sectors to have registered engineers? By then you will be 30 or 40 years old. So what will happen to you? Go back to Uni for master course or let go your income??

So think carefully.......

+Quote Post
bighead4144
post Jan 26 2008, 09:29 AM

could you be working in rwp?
+Quote Post
satayboy2003
post Jan 26 2008, 11:03 AM

L.O.V.E

UTMKL also offer mechatronic mah...
dip.level.
+Quote Post
phozen
post Jan 26 2008, 12:21 PM

Casual

I dun think mmu offers mechatronics, but there is a course quite similar with it which is Electronics Majoring in robotics

I believe what orange said is true... even in big companies like Intel and all, yes u do get a good pay even if ur degree is not accredited but when u want promotions... The boss will tend to look at those whose degree is accredited instead of those who r not!

Make sure u check whether is the degree course that u are taking is accredited... btw isn't it IEM instead of BEM?
+Quote Post
DerekKuah
post Jan 26 2008, 12:59 PM

On my way

Im a graduates of Mechatronics engineering of 6 years already(KBU) & my time is 2(local)+1(UK) programme. Too me all those so call Lan acrediated is bull shit. I deal with so many consultant(almost of them is malay) & most of them non local graduates. Those Lan accredited again is to protect the local ppl.

In engineering firm, u have to ask urself either u will be a enhance ur careeer in technical or management.If ur objective is in technical, then no doubt u have to cater for local BEM accredited.(to be a registered engineer).. NOAt top management will mostly is not a technical personnel but mostly is engineering backgound. As nowadyas mostly engineers will be involves in management where those MBA is designed for engineers. This is wondering myself when i study engineer management during college, why i need to study management & marketing. The answer is in engineering firm u have multiple choice of career path which either in technical or management level.

This mechatronics course in malaysia is not very well known as our technology is still not yet on par. In overseas in call integrated engineering which is very famous of the application. Hence, i find it very usefull for myself as i myself able to handle no matter mechanical or electrical or electronics when dealing with consultant.
For info, just that malaysia is abit behind the world as now the world leader is talking abt concurrent engineering(i foreseen during my final year in UK). Mostly ppl have wrong perception that mechatronics is abt Robotics & im here strightly tell that is not just that.

By the way, as i know normally final year in Australia takes 2 years & only in UK is 1 year. I doubt maybe now the education had changed. Believe u will see the real mechatronics enginnering world when u go overseas.

For info: my class that time is only consist 13 ppl. As i can all of them is looking forward good career as in corporate bank(PA to CEO), TNB(engineer), semicon(marketing engineer), project management(engineer) & etcc.....Hope this could be a guide to those have doubt of mechatronics course & future career.

This post has been edited by DerekKuah: Jan 26 2008, 01:17 PM
+Quote Post
DragonMebius
post Jan 26 2008, 01:07 PM

ZGMF-X20A

I don't think that MMU is offering mechatronics..
Y don't u try INTI?
+Quote Post
GeneralX
post Jan 28 2008, 05:40 PM

In BEM, there is a university listed far bottom in the accreditation list providing mechatronics course. You can sit for its 1-year foundation program then proceed to degree. Here's the link
+Quote Post
lambertlai
post Feb 2 2008, 12:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(aiden @ Jan 2 2008, 09:10 PM)

Oh my god, since i was completed foundation in KBU they said not enough student to start the class then i shift to UCTI continue my degree, now still not enough the student doh.gif shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
phozen
post Feb 2 2008, 12:19 PM

Casual

Not enough student to start a class? what the heck...
But they already design the foundation for ur course and suddenly they say not enuff students?
+Quote Post
aiden
post Feb 2 2008, 09:46 PM

QUOTE(bighead4144 @ Jan 26 2008, 09:29 AM)
could you be working in rwp?
what is that
+Quote Post
malowie
post Feb 10 2008, 10:23 AM

Casual

i heard mopnash is quite good for mechatronics.. is that true?
+Quote Post
rainingzero
post Feb 10 2008, 11:53 AM

I miss my student life~

u may wanna try IPTAs?? at USM got mechatronic course....
and the fees also cheaper compared to those private uni.
during final year, u'll be registered to BEM...and of course they accredited by LAN and BEM.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by rainingzero: Feb 10 2008, 11:54 AM
+Quote Post
vicdd
post Feb 10 2008, 05:30 PM

Getting Started

hello everybody now im currently thinking of doing robotics and mechatronics eng in swinburne uni of tech sarawak campus. I choose to do it because it is accredited by bem. My only thoughts is that it has only just recently been accredited(2001) i wonder if in the future the accredition may be reverted maybe for some reasons.... just asking if wether the accredition can be taken back from the bem for any reasons.

Added on February 10, 2008, 5:32 pmhello everybody now im currently thinking of doing robotics and mechatronics eng in swinburne uni of tech sarawak campus. I choose to do it because it is accredited by bem. My only thoughts is that it has only just recently been accredited(2001) i wonder if in the future the accredition may be reverted maybe for some reasons.... just asking if wether the accredition can be taken back by the bem for any reasons.

This post has been edited by vicdd: Feb 10 2008, 05:32 PM
+Quote Post
biggie
post Feb 11 2008, 09:22 AM

Enthusiast

Maximum for accreditation is for 5 yrs, so for a degree accredited in 2001, need to renew their accreditation in 2006.

To those taking 3 yr courses in Nottingham, you need to top up another yr in MEng before you can register with BEM.

The field of mechatronics do not actually require professional qualification as the law do not requires it, unlike civil/mech. Thus if you're in this field then your unaccredited degrees is okay. But if you operate overseas then you might be facing some problems.

As for insinuation that most prof. eng. are Malays, its the exact opposite, in fact most professional bodies are controlled by Chinese, including IEM.
+Quote Post
vicdd
post Feb 11 2008, 07:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(biggie @ Feb 11 2008, 09:22 AM)
Maximum for accreditation is for 5 yrs, so for a degree accredited in 2001, need to renew their accreditation in 2006.

To those taking 3 yr courses in Nottingham, you need to top up another yr in MEng before you can register with BEM.

The field of mechatronics do not actually require professional qualification as the law do not requires it, unlike civil/mech.  Thus if you're in this field then your unaccredited degrees is okay. But if you operate overseas then you might be facing some problems.

As for insinuation that most prof. eng. are Malays, its the exact opposite, in fact most professional bodies are controlled by Chinese, including IEM.
i see your point there..... so is accredition by the BEM is that important? what if i choose another course which is e&e eng in swinburne sarawak(which is not accredited)? will i face problems in the future?
+Quote Post
biggie
post Feb 12 2008, 09:03 AM

Enthusiast

Depends on what kind of future you looking at. If you want to work as an 'engineer' with MNC/SME/factories etc. then it will not be a problem, as they do not require you to be registered with BEM. However, you cannot be a consultant as it require you to be a Professional Eng. where registeration with BEM is mandatory. You can work under one but you will never be a partner.

Take into account that consultancy in E&E is not that lucrative here now, but it might in the future as M'sia are keen to export engineering services (inc. E&E).
+Quote Post
vicdd
post Feb 12 2008, 05:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(biggie @ Feb 12 2008, 09:03 AM)
Depends on what kind of future you looking at. If you want to work as an 'engineer' with MNC/SME/factories etc. then it will not be a problem, as they do not require you to be registered with BEM. However, you cannot be a consultant as it require you to be a Professional Eng. where registeration with BEM is mandatory. You can work under one but you will never be a partner.

Take into account that consultancy in E&E is not that lucrative here now, but it might in the future as M'sia are keen to export engineering services (inc. E&E).
so i see.... how about consultancy in mechatronics? is there such a thing now? will it grow into a mainstream engineering field in the future?
+Quote Post
biggie
post Feb 13 2008, 08:52 AM

Enthusiast

vicdd
Consultancy will only grow if there are certain regulatory requirement involved, like E&E and Meche recent growth in consultancy is due to the requirement to meet many standards (MS/EC) etc due to internalization. This is on top of the traditional consultants requirement (structural) that is covered by law in many countries.

As far as I know there isn't any machatronics standard as such. So even if you're Mechatronics you either have to register in E&E or Mech to do any consultancy in the near future.
+Quote Post
!zAcK
post Apr 14 2008, 06:31 PM

QUOTE(DerekKuah @ Jan 26 2008, 12:59 PM)
Im a graduates of Mechatronics engineering of 6 years already(KBU) & my time is 2(local)+1(UK) programme. Too me all those so call Lan acrediated is bull shit. I deal with so many consultant(almost of them is malay) & most of them non local graduates. Those Lan accredited again is to protect the local ppl.

In engineering firm, u have to ask urself either u will be a enhance ur careeer in technical or management.If ur objective is in technical, then no doubt u have to cater for local BEM accredited.(to be a registered engineer).. NOAt top management will mostly is not a technical personnel but mostly is engineering backgound. As nowadyas mostly engineers will be involves in management where those MBA is designed for engineers. This is wondering myself when i study engineer management during college, why i need to study management & marketing. The answer is in engineering firm u have multiple choice of career path which either in technical or management level.

This mechatronics course in malaysia is not very well known as our technology is still not yet on par. In overseas in call integrated engineering which is very famous of the application. Hence, i find it very usefull for myself as i myself able to handle no matter mechanical or electrical or electronics when dealing with consultant.
For info, just that malaysia is abit behind the world as now the world leader is talking abt concurrent engineering(i foreseen during my final year in UK). Mostly ppl have wrong perception that mechatronics is abt Robotics & im here strightly tell that is not just that.

By the way, as i know normally final year in Australia takes 2 years & only in UK is 1 year. I doubt maybe now the education had changed. Believe u will see the real mechatronics enginnering world when u go overseas.

For info: my class that time is only consist 13 ppl. As i can all of them is looking forward good career as in corporate bank(PA to CEO), TNB(engineer), semicon(marketing engineer), project management(engineer) & etcc.....Hope this could be a guide to those have doubt of mechatronics course & future career.
thanks this help me alot

+Quote Post
foolfighter
post Jul 8 2008, 01:37 AM

Getting Started

which uni provide better mechatronic course ?

1.curtin sarawak
2.swinburne saarawak
3.nottingham malaysia

please give me some advise

+Quote Post
jasperng
post Jul 8 2008, 08:58 AM

- Eminent Leader -

QUOTE(biggie @ Feb 12 2008, 09:03 AM)

Erm, between BEng and MEng in Nottingham Malaysia, which one do you think is the best bet ? ... I am in dilemma choosing between BEng + MSc or straight for MEng . Both are 4 years . However, I heard that BEng + MSc do not get to register with BEM because they need at least 2 years of study in oversea and MSc is only 1 yaer course.

QUOTE(foolfighter @ Jul 8 2008, 01:37 AM)
which uni provide better mechatronic course ?

1.curtin sarawak
2.swinburne saarawak
3.nottingham malaysia

please give me some advise
Erm, for nottingham malaysia, the fee is definitely expensive. Basically, majority of the subjects for mechatronic in nottingham malaysia campus follows E n E . There are a few mechanical projects and subjects too. In term of lecturer, in my opinion, some are good, some are bad. But I believe everywhere is the same. Also, in nottingham malaysia, you get to choose whether to get 3 years BEng or 4 years MEng. But i believe you will not able to choose for the other 2 universities.

+Quote Post
Yuka Yuka
post Jul 8 2008, 09:12 AM

4 stars 4 virgins

I would like to ask a question. What do you get to do for your final year assignment in Mechatronics?

I've read that some are required to create and construct some mechanical device on their own, which sounds fun to me thumbup.gif

Anyway, would like to know what is the most interesting homework Mechatronics have ever offered you guys too smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yuka Yuka: Jul 8 2008, 09:30 AM
+Quote Post
adeas
post Jul 8 2008, 11:54 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Yuka Yuka @ Jul 8 2008, 09:12 AM)
I would like to ask a question. What do you get to do for your final year assignment in Mechatronics?

I've read that some are required to create and construct some mechanical device on their own, which sounds fun to me  thumbup.gif

Anyway, would like to know what is the most interesting homework Mechatronics have ever offered you guys too smile.gif
i have friend develop an coconut opener in his final year project...using mechatronic concept.
unique but not practical enough
+Quote Post
kanabalize
post Jul 8 2008, 12:09 PM

Casual

hey i am a mechatronics student in UTM ....

UTM policy is that Mechatronics == Robotics ...... BTW UTM is the best when it comes for robotics..... but it is farking hard to get into......

ADVICE: Check if the mechatronic course is under electrical or mechanical faculty .... if under electrical like UTM we are regarded as E&E student and actually more sought after for work especially in semiconductor industry....
+Quote Post
nik0ns
post Jul 8 2008, 12:15 PM

Ingenium

in UIA mechatronics is more electronics than mechanical....btw,UTM robotics is among the best in Malaysia biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
foolfighter
post Jul 8 2008, 12:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jasperng @ Jul 8 2008, 08:58 AM)
Erm, between BEng and MEng in Nottingham Malaysia, which one do you think is the best bet ? ... I am in dilemma choosing between BEng + MSc or straight for MEng . Both are 4 years . However, I heard that BEng + MSc do not get to register with BEM because they need at least 2 years of study in oversea and MSc is only 1 yaer course.
Erm, for nottingham malaysia, the fee is definitely expensive. Basically, majority of the subjects for mechatronic in nottingham malaysia campus follows E n E . There are a few  mechanical projects and subjects too. In term of lecturer, in my opinion, some are good, some are bad. But I believe everywhere is the same. Also, in nottingham malaysia, you get to choose whether to get 3 years BEng or 4 years MEng.  But i believe you will not able to choose for the other 2 universities.
i have choosen swinburne sarawak for mechatronic.anyone will go swinburne for tis course in tis august?
+Quote Post
mfa333
post Jul 9 2008, 03:23 PM

Huhah!

i'm a holder of mechatronic diploma from UTM tongue.gif
+Quote Post
DerekKuah
post Jul 9 2008, 04:33 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Yuka Yuka @ Jul 8 2008, 09:12 AM)

I've read that some are required to create and construct some mechanical device on their own, which sounds fun to me  thumbup.gif

Mechatronics is combination of mechanical, electrical, electronics, control system & computing. In short, does not matter either the college or uni is more on E&E or mechanical, choose a project that involves all the above i mentioned.

For your reference, my final year thesis project is "Development of inverted pendulum"(rocket application). In short, i need to built mechanical rig, control circuit(interfacing), computing programe(visual c++).

choose a project that have all the combination that i mentioned.
+Quote Post
foolfighter
post Jul 9 2008, 09:29 PM

Getting Started

any bad comment about swinburne sarawak robotics and mechatronic course?
+Quote Post
kanabalize
post Jul 9 2008, 11:55 PM

Casual

Lack of facility ??
+Quote Post
foolfighter
post Jul 10 2008, 08:48 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aiden @ Jan 1 2008, 03:11 PM)
Hi..I have currently finished my SPM  and waiting for my results.I am planning to do mechatronics .
But there are few colleges or uni offering this for a decent cost.
1 college that is offering mechatronics is UTAR and it is not accredited.So do i go for UTAR although it is still not accredited.
and Is  MMU offering mechatronics ?
waiting for spm result in july?i thought spm result release in march.anyway i also intrested in mechatronic and plannng to take it this august at swinburne sarawak(hopefully).i can only tell u that as far as i know mmu mechatronic is under their e n e engineering.thats what i know.

+Quote Post
kinz_11
post Aug 25 2008, 09:34 PM

Getting Started

Any suggestions for a diploma in mechatronics grad to further his studies? I am thinking of probably jumping to Degree E&E or Mechanical, as not many places are offering Degree in Mechatronics.. Any advice? I'll be finishing my Diploma in Mechatronics in the coming September..
+Quote Post
average.joe
post Sep 6 2008, 05:28 PM

Getting Started

BEM list of accredited programmes as of 25 April 2008
http://www.bem.org.my/v3/listofaccreditedprogrammes.html

How BEM accredits engineering courses
http://www.bem.org.my/v3/accreditation_manual.html

This post has been edited by average.joe: Sep 6 2008, 05:30 PM
+Quote Post
mistwalker
post Sep 11 2008, 01:32 PM

you definitely wan a "mechatronic" or you are interesting in the course of combination mechanical and electronic such as robot stuff, robot car? If you are not too care about the name of "Mechatronic" Engineer, I would suggest you to take the B.Eng Electronics majoring in Robotics and Automaion offered by MMU. I am a graduate from MMU under this course. I do feel fortunate that I make a right choice to choose this program, it is similar to mechatronic and the subjects are really interesting. Now I am planning to take a M.Sc in Mechatronic offered by NUS, after looking at the course structure, it is very similar to this robotic major.
+Quote Post
onimusha_m16
post Sep 11 2008, 02:19 PM

Mr Bean

QUOTE(mistwalker @ Sep 11 2008, 01:32 PM)
you definitely wan a "mechatronic" or you are interesting in the course of combination mechanical and electronic such as robot stuff, robot car? If you are not too care about the name of "Mechatronic" Engineer, I would suggest you to take the B.Eng Electronics majoring in Robotics and Automaion offered by MMU. I am a graduate from MMU under this course. I do feel fortunate that I make a right choice to choose this program, it is similar to mechatronic and the subjects are really interesting. Now I am planning to take a M.Sc in Mechatronic offered by NUS, after looking at the course structure, it is very similar to this robotic major.
Does it involve a lot of Mechanical stuff? What job can the graduate do ?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
QuackSilver
post Sep 11 2008, 03:28 PM

O-ha! Got me Nexus 4 teeheehee!
Group Icon
LXG++ contributor
Group: VIP

QUOTE(kinz_11 @ Aug 25 2008, 11:34 PM)
Any suggestions for a diploma in mechatronics grad to further his studies? I am thinking of probably jumping to Degree E&E or Mechanical, as not many places are offering Degree in Mechatronics.. Any advice? I'll be finishing my Diploma in Mechatronics in the coming September..
i graduated from Inti college with a Diploma in Mechatronics back in 2005. am now doing my final semester of my B. Engineering (Mechatronic extended) at the University of Queensland. got a 2 year credit exemption. you can try the G8 universities in Australia, that would be a good place to start looking
+Quote Post
mistwalker
post Nov 18 2008, 01:52 PM

QUOTE(onimusha_m16 @ Sep 11 2008, 02:19 PM)
Does it involve a lot of Mechanical stuff? What job can the graduate do ?
nope, it does not involve lot of mechanical stuff, in fact it involves a lot of electronic circuit stuff, like sensor and microprocessor, I would say the ratio of mechanical to electronic is 20:80. As for the job, u still doing the electronic engineer job, coz the ratio of mechanical part does not ensure u enuff knowledge to work as a "pure" mechanical engineer. Moreover, the mechatronic industry in malaysia is not yet developed, it is hard for u to really find a mechatronic job. But if u r planning to take a master, then u can find lot of oppotunity in overseas. Good luck and all the best.
+Quote Post
etwy
post Mar 29 2011, 10:14 AM

Well, I am a Recruitment Executive and I am actually looking for a Sales Engineer with Diploma or Degree in Mechatronics. I have posted a lot of advertisements @Jobstreet as well as theStar. However, no one apply for this job. ==
+Quote Post
xiaotim
post Mar 29 2011, 11:14 AM

Getting Started

Guys, im finish my stpm during 2008. stopped study due to financial problem(real deep one). so the only for me to continue is earn myself basically everything.OK, cut the crap.

now main problem is, which U i should go to get a degree or get a diploma>work>M.Sc? Would be more interested towards technical or research field. And also wish to expand my career path to overseas too..

any suggestion?
+Quote Post
cmyzhu
post Sep 1 2011, 12:33 AM

Getting Started

Hello all.. Just want to know, is it better to do B.Eng majoring in Robotics first then only go for Msc in Mechatronic? Or to do B.Eng in Mechatronic first? Which Uni is better?

Will it be a disadvantage to be a girl in this field? Because my parents do not encourage me to go into this. What and where will mechanical and mechatronic do in work after graduating?

Is mechatronic really just a combination between Electronic and Mechanical?
+Quote Post
sotong1992
post Sep 1 2011, 12:44 AM

Fight For Stars

QUOTE(cmyzhu @ Sep 1 2011, 12:33 AM)
Hello all.. Just want to know, is it better to do B.Eng majoring in Robotics first then only go for Msc in Mechatronic? Or to do B.Eng in Mechatronic first? Which Uni is better?

Will it be a disadvantage to be a girl in this field? Because my parents do not encourage me to go into this. What and where will mechanical and mechatronic do in work after graduating?

Is mechatronic really just a combination between Electronic and Mechanical?
You need a strong foundation in engineering, dont specialise too early.

Mechatronic is a multidisciplinary field, not JUST electronics and mechanics but also some computer stuff as well. Google this, it is very wide.

Engineering graduates can work anywhere ranging from plant, factory until banking. Their problem solving skills are required.

This post has been edited by sotong1992: Sep 1 2011, 12:45 AM
+Quote Post
cmyzhu
post Sep 2 2011, 10:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sotong1992 @ Sep 1 2011, 12:44 AM)
You need a strong foundation in engineering, dont specialise too early.

Mechatronic is a multidisciplinary field, not JUST electronics and mechanics but also some computer stuff as well. Google this, it is very wide.

Engineering graduates can work anywhere ranging from plant, factory until banking. Their problem solving skills are required.
Ic ic.. Which uni will be better? And are there a lot of maths involved?

I don't mind doing problem solving work as i really enjoy doing it. Do u think it will be a problem for girls to work in this field?
+Quote Post
gilakentang
post Feb 20 2012, 03:22 PM

QUOTE(Criptonox89 @ Jan 2 2008, 10:49 PM)
i'm planning to do Mechatronics in Monash U as well, wondering its career path as compared to other engineering field. despite the matter of institution, would it be much harder or too general since it's combination of electrical and mechanical engineering?
regard..
im looking for lever 3 for mechatronics courses ..
what is your best suggestion..
i live around selangor...
hope u can help me with it..
+Quote Post
VictorKeong
post Mar 24 2012, 10:22 PM

On my way

i went for the Star Edu fair in PISA this morning
current uni tht offer mechatronics so far is UCTI and KDU... (walked round the whole fair. both floors searching for Mechatronics only)
no MMU doesnt offer tht course.

This post has been edited by VictorKeong: Mar 24 2012, 10:23 PM
+Quote Post
PetalingStreet99
post Oct 24 2012, 09:00 PM

blush.gif
Dude , i really need some advice .
I'm planning to further my study , Degree in Mechatronics after finishing my foundation next year (2013)
So Ill be finnish degree in 4 years later (2017) . How will this degree help me in getting jobs , in malaysia of course .
I'm studying at a local university , IPTA . I am so worry about ending up unemployed after graduate . Really need the Best Advice you could give .

+Quote Post
Genoss - Apple House
post Oct 26 2012, 12:47 PM

On my way

QUOTE(jasperng @ Jan 1 2008, 08:07 PM)
I suggest not to go to Uni which does not get accreditation ... You will regret big time like me .. =)

Are you 100% interested in Mechatronic ? Dont think that just because it is a combination of mechanical and electrical it will have more job opportunities.
If you are employer who is finding ppl for an electrical job, do you choose someone who is expert in it ( as in having more knowledge in the field) or someone who just know it ( as in having the basic of it)?

Anyhow, if you are not sure you can always take foundation such as SAM . After completing it, you will have clearer picture what to take.

If you insist on mechatronic, I suggest you to go for Monash. Utar is not a good choice in my opinion. @@ . But if yoou have financial constraint, i guess should go for MMU.

Added on January 1, 2008, 8:09 pm

Yes ... many colleges and universities nowadays are offering it. But my fren who was in KBU said the staffs there are very limited and the campus is not so great either.
So, if wan to study Mechatronic engineering
better study either electrical engineering or mechanical engineering?
+Quote Post
reconnaissance
post Oct 26 2012, 12:53 PM

Hero Prodigy

My private tutor was a graduate of USM under Mechatronics Engineering.
He'll always discourage me from following the same route under the pretext of lack of work opportunity and the low worth value of the salary over the tasks.
He preferred the job as a private tutor in which he claims to be more profitable compared to his engineering job.
He encouraged Civil Engineering instead. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Genoss - Apple House
post Oct 26 2012, 01:41 PM

On my way

QUOTE(reconnaissance @ Oct 26 2012, 12:53 PM)
My private tutor was a graduate of USM under Mechatronics Engineering.
He'll always discourage me from following the same route under the pretext of lack of work opportunity and the low worth value of the salary over the tasks.
He preferred the job as a private tutor in which he claims to be more profitable compared to his engineering job.
He encouraged Civil Engineering instead. tongue.gif
Civil engineering is more on construction work am I rite?
What are the jobs do civil engineering can do actually?

+Quote Post
reconnaissance
post Oct 26 2012, 02:35 PM

Hero Prodigy

QUOTE(Genoss - Apple House @ Oct 26 2012, 01:41 PM)
Civil engineering is more on construction work am I rite?
What are the jobs do civil engineering can do actually?
Depends on the subdicipline you undertake but Civil Engineering is usually more towards construction and conventional manmade structures or superstructures.
Examples are buildings, bridges or canals and dams.
It seems more of a greater exposure as the scale is much larger compared to electronics, mechanical, mechatronics or automobile.
+Quote Post
Dragonelo
post Jan 2 2013, 11:10 PM

Getting Started

Where does the E&E engineering usually work?in a factory?
+Quote Post
aiden
post Dec 20 2013, 10:45 PM

QUOTE(Dragonelo @ Jan 2 2013, 11:10 PM)
Where does the E&E engineering usually work?in a factory?
lol.. sorry for the late reply.. extreme late reply..

Engineers work in a factory environment. as you gain more experience you shall oversee the projects depends on your field.. sometimes factory sometimes project site.. but, you are a level above the technicians and you will lead them
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1112sec    2.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:49 PM