Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Hanoi & all about Saigon

views

michaelchang
post Jan 4 2017, 11:56 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(tbhan @ Jan 4 2017, 11:41 AM)
I went to Vietnam Dec 2016 for 1 week. Went to Saigon - DaLat - Nha Trang - Mui Ne - Saigon.
Superb trip, and will travel there again if have chance. For a beer at 10K dong, and the food, it's good enough for me already. Needless to mention the attraction place I went, you can search through net, the free and easy trip is my choice. With so many accommodation Saigon and towns nearby, you can just walk in and choose the one you preferred according to your budget.
One week went so many places? it's a tick the destination tour and take photo trip instead of holiday!

Nha Trang need at least 4D3N to enjoy the scenery, beach, mud spa, Vinpearl Island and historic monuments.
Dalat can be just overnight but will be tiring..because of long journey by car from Saigon.

michaelchang
post Jan 6 2017, 09:07 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Jan 5 2017, 05:07 PM)
Sorry for the late reply.

I booked Thien Xuan Hotel thro' AirAsiaGo package & the Superior Triple Room (incl. buffet breakfast) cost me RM1,072.95 for 5-nights. It may cost just slightly more if book via Booking.com.

However if you book thro' Traveloka.com, I believes you get a RM80 discount!
If staying Thien Xuan superior, I think Happyland Hotel is better in term of location and bed comfort. 2 mins walk to ben than market and straits food center is just 10 steps away

the room price is cheaper too
michaelchang
post Jan 6 2017, 10:33 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Jan 6 2017, 09:48 AM)
But Happy Land Hotel don't have Superior Triple Room for 3-pax, right? Are you comparing the prices for 2-pax room or 3-pax room?

Anyway Thien Xuan Hotel is also around 2-minutes walk to Ben Thanh Market & about 5-minutes walk to the "Street Food Market" foodcourt.
Oops! sorry, comparing 2 pax room.. didn't know its for 3 pax. tongue.gif

michaelchang
post Apr 3 2017, 06:46 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Apr 3 2017, 01:55 PM)
a week
1st 2 night will be at HCM, going to cu chi tunnel
thn to mui ne 1 night
thn back to HCM for the remaining 3 nights
Skip Mui Ne, go Dalat instead (4 days 3 nights) It's much better and can take flight 30 mins instead of 4 hours bus ride to mui ne.
Ho Chi min not much to see or do.. 2 nights is enough smile.gif
michaelchang
post Apr 5 2017, 01:05 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Apr 4 2017, 08:05 AM)
no such thing as skip to me, if every place also skip because of this and that thn i might as well stay at home laugh.gif
i will still go and have a look, its still a sand dunes
if can go, i wanna go everywhere...not just specific places but sadly not enough time
HCM got alot of places to see, u dnt plan well my friend
north side alone already 1 day, south side another day including shopping mall
not yet include district 5 aka chinatown
HCM alot  places to visit but not within the ben thanh area, its quite outside like phu my hung(district 7)

im going vietnam twice this year actually
1 south 1 north
going hanoi end of december
Maybe I go too often till I find HCM not much to do.. average I travel there for holiday 3-4 times a year for the past 4 years. Enjoy your holiday, hope one day you will discover more of Vietnam
michaelchang
post Apr 7 2017, 12:08 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(yokoloco @ Apr 6 2017, 10:28 AM)
going to HCM this August on the 15th to 19th, then Hanoi after that.
anyone can teach me on how to sort out my sim card and data? which telco there should I get?
also, planning to stay at Eden Hotel in District 1. is it a good location?
Presently, Vittel has unlimited data for 2 weeks for approx US$10 (sold in airport) but very slow

I personally like Mobifone which is faster with 4G connection but need to top up when 4G data runs out.. their 3G which is free data is very slow
michaelchang
post Apr 7 2017, 09:52 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(yokoloco @ Apr 7 2017, 01:37 PM)
I see. Free internet is probably throttled. Maybe enough for msging? Will be there for a week, maybe will get smtg with 4-5gb data to use. Sure got alot of pictures to send and post haha

Btw, wan to ask, is it more convenient to use USD there or VND will be sufficient?
VND is better, USD some place the exchange rate is bad. Can use MYR to change to VND at money changer in Ben Thanh market.
If u get a local sim, register new Grab account with local number. use grab to avoid taxi that bring u go long way or pocket the change and expect tip.

The driver will always call u when he accepts your booking. Ask hotel staff to talk to driver and direct the driver to your pick up point.
michaelchang
post Apr 7 2017, 09:53 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(kevinwawa @ Apr 7 2017, 03:34 PM)
vietnam is dangerous
kena rape and con
That's 2 different country

Rape = India

Con = Vietnam tongue.gif
michaelchang
post Jun 17 2017, 08:51 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(kirist @ Jun 17 2017, 05:02 PM)
The first, you guys should come in Sai Gon, the next is Da Lat, then Nha Trang,.... and finally is Ha Noi biggrin.gif
Don't forget Danang , Hoi An and Sapa biggrin.gif
michaelchang
post Jun 23 2017, 02:37 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(uglyduckling422 @ Jun 23 2017, 12:40 PM)
I want to ask how to go Dalat? take bus?

Should i go ho chi minh then mui ne then Dalat? or Dalat next time since it need 6hours plus?

Thank you.
If got $$, can take plane from Ho Chi minh (40 mins) n taxi vnd180K (45mins) to Dalat.
Bus is much cheaper if take direct from Ho Chi Minh but 6 hours.

Mui Ne can skip if no time, the beach not as nice as Nha Trang and very limited activities there

in Dalat, if u want cheap driver can pm me.. whole day 7 seater 4 wheel drive (10 hours) for only VND600K
bring u to most places of attractions but pay your own entrance

This post has been edited by michaelchang: Jun 23 2017, 02:40 PM
michaelchang
post Oct 27 2017, 12:08 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(Lazyguy1337 @ Oct 26 2017, 11:23 PM)
Hi I will be going to HCMC this weekend alone but staying with my uncle who works there, he stays in the suburb. Plan to go sightseeing around the city and maybe

stay one night near Phạm Ngũ Lão street in District 1. What's the best mode of transportation to use ? heard got Grab/Uber there. And is 3 million Dong enough for 4

days (accommodation settled) kinda on a budget.
get a local sim card and download a fresh grab app using the local vietnam number.

Always use Grab in Vietnam as taxi will always try to scam you by going in circles or long way. ( a VND50,000 trip on Grab may cost VND75,000-150,000)
Even when u have google map and tell them that they are going the wrong way, they will act ignorant or don't understand english or say that cannot turn here etc...

If u plan to go somewhere far for day tour, you can always ask the grab driver if he is willing to be booked for a day. (much cheaper than agency)

Booking grab driver for a day varies in different city..

I have booked Dalat VND600K
Saigon VND1 million
Danang to HUE day trip VND1.2 million
Nha Trang city area VND 800K

smaller city u may want to rent motorbike to go around yourself.. Vung Tao and Hoi An rental is VND150/day

Hope this info helps in your future holiday

michaelchang
post Oct 28 2017, 12:53 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(~mingwei~ @ Oct 28 2017, 09:29 AM)
Hi,

I can't find any Nha Trang post in Forum, I'm planning for a 4D3N this coming December 19-22, 2 adults and one 2 year old child. How's the weather on December? cos I got a child to worry about. Beside Vinpearl Land and Dalat, any other place to visit? Got a flight+hotel package for RM1.2K for 3 pax.
4D3N may not be sufficient time to go Dalat. It's just nice for Nha Trang without any time to relax,
some tips that u may find useful

1) airport transfer to nha trang is VND250K
2) Vinpearl Island will take u one whole day to complete. (beach activities closes at 6pm) Park closes at 9pm
3) cruise to nearby Islands will take 3/4 day and u can do para sailing, scuba dive, ocean walk (additional $$ for activities)
4) Po Nagar (900 years old monument), Long son Pagoda , Xom moi market and mud spa (whole day)
5 Sight seeing around Nha Trang- museum, cathedral, waterfall, beaches etc

minus check in day and departure, u have only 2 clear days for sightseeing (not enough time to see everything)

December is monsoon period = rain
Hot in the day when the sun is out, cooling at night and temperature may drop to 18-19 degrees Celcius

michaelchang
post Oct 29 2017, 12:31 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(~mingwei~ @ Oct 28 2017, 02:16 PM)
Thank you for Sharing Michaelchang!

How about 5D4N? More relaxing trip I assume..

1st day arriving Nha Trang at 11.35, after check in hotel will go food hunting and look for travel agency. Any travel agent to recommend?

2nd day - whole day in Vinpearl Land

3rd day - Po Nagar (900 years old monument), Long son Pagoda , Xom moi market.

4th day - Nha Trang town for souvenir, food and beach

5th day - flight at 12.30 to Msia

Anything to add??
Just remember, the flight from Ho chi min to Nha Trang is always delayed.. sometimes up to 3-4 hours. taxi from Cam Rahn airport to nha Trang town is approx 45 mins.

Many tour agency in Nha Trang, can always walk around and ask to compare prices. from your itinery, u dont need to look for tour agency.
1) vinpearl no discount from agency - just take a grab car there and buy ticket or can buy from some hotel reception at same price
2) Po nagar, Long Son Pagoda and Xom Moi market can go yourself. just take grab car or u can negotiate to book a grab driver for whole day and he will wait for u at each place.
3) Food that is unique in Nha trang will be BBQ crocodile and BBQ python and it's a buffet with other dishes too.. something we don't get in malaysia (google Veranda restaurant)
4) souvenir can get from night market
5) seafood is fresh in Nha trang.. after alighting from grab/taxi, do not go into seafood restaurant. just walk around for 5-10 mins and later return to the retaurant (if not, the restaurant will have to pay commission to driver and is billed to u)
6) Tran Phu is the main stretch of Nha Trang and the beach there is nice. (near to Nha Trang Sailing club)- plenty of beach chair for rental, massage and people selling lobster on the beach and drinks.. a couple of beach bar around there too.. + inflatable play ground on water for children
michaelchang
post Nov 10 2017, 08:11 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

fly to Hanoi, then take train or bus to Sapa

Dalat is approx 3 hours drive away from Nha Trang or you can fly from Saigon to Lien Khuong airport (40 mins) and take taxi to Dalat ( 45 mins ) at fixed price of VND180,000 from airport taxi counter.

If already planned Danang and Hue, you can opt to fly (to save time on traveling) or take a sleeper berth train from Danang to Nha Trang. (approx 10 hours)

from Nha trang can take train / bus to Mui ne (approx 4-5 hours)

michaelchang
post Dec 5 2017, 02:04 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Dec 3 2017, 10:00 AM)
What’s the best local SIM to get there? Will be there next week with family of 4 for 6 days
Vinaphone, mobiphone.. both are quite ok for normal use.
michaelchang
post Jan 16 2018, 11:33 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Jan 15 2018, 07:03 PM)
Thanks bro, I'm in rush to change the currencies.
Alangx2 change at klia or any bank is better? (I'm at kampung area now, here don't have cheap currencies exchange like mid valley)
Change a little (approx 1 mil vnd dong ) at KLIA, the rest change inside Ben Than money changer.. it's definitely better rate than KLIA
michaelchang
post Jan 17 2018, 01:18 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Jan 16 2018, 06:38 PM)
Thanks man! Ben than available at airport?

Ben than is a popular flea market in Dist 1.
michaelchang
post Jan 18 2018, 07:33 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(josefin @ Jan 18 2018, 04:57 PM)
wht is recomendaded in ben tanh market? will be there tmr .. is 1 day enough to tour around ?
3 hours and can cover all of ben thanh market.. tourist market.. must bargain hard!
michaelchang
post Jan 22 2018, 07:35 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(digitalcode @ Jan 22 2018, 03:30 PM)
What's good to buy in Vietnam to bring back and sell? Kkk
Vietnamese girls tongue.gif
michaelchang
post Feb 6 2018, 09:47 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(ShadowR1 @ Feb 6 2018, 06:18 PM)
Guys ... I'm planning for a 1 week - 10 day trip this cny and I'm tear apart between hoi an and nha trang. Anyone who been to this 2 places extensively could shed some light.

I've been to both but it was a brief pass over with a 1d1n at both place.

Cheers.
Hoi An is a small city and can be covered in 2 days on leisure pace

attractions are the night market area with lanterns and boat ride at the river to release lanterns into the water, their beach area and walk/ride thru some old preserved buildings

Usually, since in Hoi An, many will go up north 30mins ride by car to Danang City (can spend 3-4 days here) and day/overnight to BAnaHills (french town on a hill) cool weather

If have time, can travel further north (approx 6 hours by Train) to Phong Nha for their wonderful caves in Ke Bang National Park. Can spend around 2 days here.

My suggestion is : Fly to Danang, private car to Hoi An, spend 2 nights (easy to get around on motorbike- Vnd 100-150/day), private car to BanaHills and overnight.
next day, taxi/grab (vnd200-250) to Danang and spend 3 nights (beach, seafood, tour) ,take train to Phong Nha and spend a night or there and discover their
wonderful caves. You can adjust longer stay at places that u like and can complete within a 8-10 days trip.

Nha Trang is one of the best beach resort in Vietnam.

attractions are underwater/sea bed walk, cruise around the surrounding Islands. Vinpearl Island is a theme park that you can spend a day or if budget allows, spend a night at their beach resort on the island. Many options for fresh seafood in Nha Trang. Usual tour will be Temple, Po Nagar (900 years old monument) and mud spa. Flyboard is also available for the adventurous.

From Nha Trang can take a private car (2.5 Hours) to Dalat (a wonderful mountain resort with cool weather and lots of flowers) and spend 2-3 nights there. attractions here will be waterfalls, flower parks,Valley of Love, crazy House, king's summer palace, night market and some temples. private car can be hired for day tours in Dalat for approx vnd600-800/day (approx 8-10 hours/day)

These 2 places can be completed within a 8-10 days trip.

These are activities that I did during my holiday, you may google for more info on these places. Vietnam has many nice places to visit, I have traveled extensively for holiday in Vietnam for a few years (4-6 trips/year).

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0871sec    0.47    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:07 PM