Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Hanoi & all about Saigon

views

RegentCid
post Aug 31 2016, 10:28 AM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

QUOTE(ukiya @ Aug 31 2016, 08:33 AM)
Viet Jet landed/fly off which Airport Terminal ya? KLIA or KLIA2?
KLIA
Eulm585
post Sep 8 2016, 02:02 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

Im planning a trip to hcm in december and would like some advice. What is the weather like during December? And im having a side trip to mui ne and know of the bus train and taxi to mui ne. Anyone knows the rough cost for a taxi ride for 3 person to mui ne? Am looking for the least time consuming way to get there if the cost is roughly the same
Pinnacle1295
post Sep 8 2016, 03:16 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Sep 8 2016, 02:02 PM)
Im planning a trip to hcm in december and would like some advice. What is the weather like during December? And im having a side trip to mui ne and know of the bus train and taxi to mui ne. Anyone knows the rough cost for a taxi ride for 3 person to mui ne? Am looking for the least time consuming way to get there if the cost is roughly the same
Google "how to get to mui ne from ho chi minh" and you may find some help there!

http://www.vietnamkitesurfingholidays.com/getting-here.aspx

BTW, when exactly is your planned trip in December? I was also considering a family trip (3-pax) in Dec (from 17-Dec onwards) but still undecided whether to go Hanoi, HCM or Chiang Mai.

This post has been edited by Pinnacle1295: Sep 8 2016, 03:24 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Eulm585
post Sep 8 2016, 03:44 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Sep 8 2016, 03:16 PM)
Google "how to get to mui ne from ho chi minh" and you may find some help there!

http://www.vietnamkitesurfingholidays.com/getting-here.aspx
BTW, when exactly is your planned trip in December? I was also considering a family trip (3-pax) in Dec (from 17-Dec onwards) but still undecided whether to go Hanoi, HCM or Chiang Mai.
Thanks for the link! But i already read it before. Just didnt know how updated the information was since there was no timestamp for that post.
Just wanted to double check if maybe taxi fares went up in this few years.

My trip is on the 12 to 17 of December. Mas tickets to hmc is pretty cheap now. I got promo price for return tickets at rm300 a person. The tickets to hanoi are pretty pricey :/ thats what made me choose hmc
Pinnacle1295
post Sep 8 2016, 03:48 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Sep 8 2016, 03:44 PM)
Thanks for the link! But i already read it before. Just didnt know how updated the information was since there was no timestamp for that post.
Just wanted to double check if maybe taxi fares went up in this few years.

My trip is on the 12 to 17 of December. Mas tickets to hmc is pretty cheap now. I got promo price for return tickets at rm300 a person. The tickets to hanoi are pretty pricey :/ thats what made me choose hmc
Yes, I agree the flight tickets to Hanoi is pricey. I was at HCM last March 2016 and AirAsia cost me around RM300 (return) too. Within HCM, I mostly use GrabCar, which is much cheaper. Thought of going there again with family.

hightechgadgets8
post Sep 8 2016, 03:50 PM

Rất Vui Được làm quen với bạn
5,646 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Sep 8 2016, 03:48 PM)
Yes, I agree the flight tickets to Hanoi is pricey. I was at HCM last March 2016 and AirAsia cost me around RM300 (return) too. Within HCM, I mostly use GrabCar, which is much cheaper. Thought of going there again with family.
book now have 0 fare for next year, i saw february and march have (150 return including tax)
Pinnacle1295
post Sep 8 2016, 03:58 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ Sep 8 2016, 03:50 PM)
book now have 0 fare for next year, i saw february and march have (150 return including tax)
Ya, I saw that too.
Unfortunately I can only travel in June and Dec at the moment as to coincide with my daughter uni semester's break.
Eulm585
post Sep 8 2016, 05:54 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Sep 8 2016, 03:48 PM)
Its my first time to HCM, any recommendations other than the opera house, war museum, banh then market (spelling might be wrong) ? Will be in hcm for 3days and 2days in the beach nearby called mui ne
hightechgadgets8
post Sep 8 2016, 05:56 PM

5,646 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Sep 8 2016, 05:54 PM)
Its my first time to HCM, any recommendations other than the opera house, war museum, banh then market  (spelling might be wrong) ? Will be in hcm for 3days and 2days in the beach nearby called mui ne
ben thanh

u can go to cu chi tunnels or cai dao temple in Tay ninh or river cruise up the Mekong river
Eulm585
post Sep 8 2016, 06:49 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ Sep 8 2016, 05:56 PM)
ben thanh

u can go to cu chi tunnels or cai dao temple in Tay ninh or river cruise up the Mekong river
Thanks for the suggestions. I excluded the tunnels because immnot too interested in the tunnels and would the emperor jade temple be better than cai dao temple?
hightechgadgets8
post Sep 8 2016, 06:52 PM

5,646 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Sep 8 2016, 06:49 PM)
Thanks for the suggestions.  I excluded the tunnels because immnot too interested in the tunnels and would the emperor jade temple be better than cai dao temple?
emperor jade is quite small. u be finished viewing in an hour
Pinnacle1295
post Sep 8 2016, 07:32 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Sep 8 2016, 05:54 PM)
Its my first time to HCM, any recommendations other than the opera house, war museum, banh then market  (spelling might be wrong) ? Will be in hcm for 3days and 2days in the beach nearby called mui ne
The last trip I visited these places ...

(1) Independence Palace (Reunification Palace),
(2) Saigon Central Post Office,
(3) Saigon Cathedral of Notre Dame,

(4) Ben Thanh Market,
(5) Opera House (unless you are viewing fr outside, otherwise need to buy ticket to enter),
(6) Bitexco Tower & Sky Deck,
(7) Dong Khoi Street (high-end shopping street),
(8) Saigon Square (clothing shopping)
(9) Nguyen Hue Street (preferably go at night)

(10) Binh Tay Market (more or less like Ben Thanh Market) but need to get taxi/GrabCar

(1) to (3) and (4) to (9) are walking distance among each other.

Suggest that you stay at District 1 area, which is nearer to Ben Thanh Market. Use GrabCar as it is much cheaper than taxi.
You can use the airport free WiFi to book a GrabCar (mention which pillar Nos. outside airport as waiting area)

A WORD OF CAUTION FROM HOTEL:
When walking along road, try not to use handphone/camera besides the walkway ... lots of motorbike snatch thief (that's what I was advise)

This post has been edited by Pinnacle1295: Sep 8 2016, 08:01 PM
Eulm585
post Sep 8 2016, 08:32 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ Sep 8 2016, 06:52 PM)
emperor jade is quite small. u be finished viewing in an hour
I see if its a small place i think i can spare an hour of so going there to have a look. Is it far from district 1? Because ill be staying in district one during my vacation

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Sep 8 2016, 07:32 PM)
The last trip I visited these places ...

(1) Independence Palace (Reunification Palace),
(2) Saigon Central Post Office,
(3) Saigon Cathedral of Notre Dame,

(4) Ben Thanh Market,
(5) Opera House (unless you are viewing fr outside, otherwise need to buy ticket to enter),
(6) Bitexco Tower & Sky Deck,
(7) Dong Khoi Street (high-end shopping street),
(8) Saigon Square (clothing shopping)
(9) Nguyen Hue Street (preferably go at night)

(10) Binh Tay Market (more or less like Ben Thanh Market) but need to get taxi/GrabCar

(1) to (3) and (4) to (9) are walking distance among each other.

Suggest that you stay at District 1 area, which is nearer to Ben Thanh Market. Use GrabCar as it is much cheaper than taxi.
You can use the airport free WiFi to book a GrabCar (mention which pillar Nos. outside airport as waiting area)

A WORD OF CAUTION FROM HOTEL:
When walking along road, try not to use handphone/camera besides the walkway ... lots of motorbike snatch thief (that's what I was advise)
Nice! Thanks for the tip smile.gif ill be heading to the opera to catch a show. Not too sure which show but i am really excited for it. Maybe ill stop by 1 & 3 because it has the scenic feel. Normally how much would you budget for a 6days trip? Just for accomodation/travelling and food?
Pinnacle1295
post Sep 8 2016, 08:59 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Sep 8 2016, 08:32 PM)
I see if its a small place i think i can spare an hour of so going there to have a look. Is it far from district 1? Because ill be staying in district one during my vacation
Nice! Thanks for the tip smile.gif ill be heading to the opera to catch a show. Not too sure which show but i am really excited for it. Maybe ill stop by 1 & 3 because it has the scenic feel. Normally how much would you budget for a 6days trip? Just for accomodation/travelling and food?
Can do some photography at Saigon Central Post Office since it is besides Saigon Cathedral of Notre Dame. If you need to use WiFi, just stand outside the MacDonald outlet besides Central Post Office.

Foodwise I basically go for streetfoods & I should say more or less like KL pricings. As for transportation, I only used GrabCar a few times becos I was staying at District 7 (son on business trip so I tumpang the hotel FOC), which is quite far from District 1.

Hotels at District 1 are quite cheap & I understand that food is abundance. I have actually shortlisted a few hotels at District 1, in case I go there again in Dec. Here is my list ...

3-nights (12~14 December)
--------------------------------
Hong Hac Hotel RM561 (Deluxe Triple Room)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/vn/hong-hac.en-gb.html

Dragon Palace Hotel RM560 (Family Room)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/vn/dragon-palace.en-gb.html

Dragon Palace II Hotel RM377 (Superior Triple Room)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/vn/spring-house.en-gb.html

Le Le Hotel RM426 (Deluxe Triple Room)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/vn/le-le.en-gb.html

Use the booking.com "show map" function to locate other hotels in that area.

hightechgadgets8
post Sep 8 2016, 10:17 PM

5,646 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Sep 8 2016, 08:32 PM)
not far from D1, its around the post office area
MR_alien
post Sep 9 2016, 09:11 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,298 posts

will be spending 7 days in saigon
want to ask is it too long? or?..
and want to ask if those cu chi tunnel, cao dai temple, mekong delta, mui ne have to follow tour?
Pinnacle1295
post Sep 9 2016, 09:17 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 9 2016, 09:11 AM)
will be spending 7 days in saigon
want to ask is it too long? or?..
and want to ask if those cu chi tunnel, cao dai temple, mekong delta, mui ne have to follow tour?
Was there for 5-nights in March and felt it was too long. Maybe it is becos I only jalan2 around city only as I did not go Cu Chi Tunnel, Cao Dai Temple & Mekong Delta.

Mui Ne looks good to be included in your itinerary if you have 7-days trip.

MR_alien
post Sep 9 2016, 09:22 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,298 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Sep 9 2016, 09:17 AM)
Was there for 5-nights in March and felt it was too long. Maybe it is becos I only jalan2 around city only as I did not go Cu Chi Tunnel, Cao Dai Temple & Mekong Delta.

Mui Ne looks good to be included in your itinerary if you have 7-days trip.
if within the city surely too long
those cu chi tunnel, mekong delta and mui ne apparently are day trips
just wanna ask...going to these place require tour? or can go buy our self?
because i say many following tour by thesinhtourist or other tour company
Pinnacle1295
post Sep 9 2016, 09:33 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 9 2016, 09:22 AM)
if within the city surely too long
those cu chi tunnel, mekong delta and mui ne apparently are day trips
just wanna ask...going to these place require tour? or can go buy our self?
because i say many following tour by thesinhtourist or other tour company
I was told there are many tour packages available at District 1 at very competitive prices. Maybe you can check it there.
My son went to Cu Chi Tunnel with some working colleagues using GrabBikes!

You may also want to try having dinner on board a cruise ship (photos below). Dunno the exact location but I remembered my friend told me they boarded the cruise at District 3 or 5. Maybe you can ask your hotel for further info.

This post has been edited by Pinnacle1295: Sep 9 2016, 09:33 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
MR_alien
post Sep 9 2016, 09:47 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,298 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Sep 9 2016, 09:33 AM)
I was told there are many tour packages available at District 1 at very competitive prices. Maybe you can check it there.
My son went to Cu Chi Tunnel with some working colleagues using GrabBikes!

You may also want to try having dinner on board a cruise ship (photos below). Dunno the exact location but I remembered my friend told me they boarded the cruise at District 3 or 5. Maybe you can ask your hotel for further info.
so it is possible to explore those places by our own and no need to go for those tour packages

126 Pages « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:42 PM