Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] Speaker Repair shop

views

BOTAK_WAI
post Dec 22 2017, 04:46 PM

Blow Water First Class
3,813 posts

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Dec 22 2017, 03:52 PM)
My opinion, a lot of these multimedia speakers spoil due to cheaply mass produced and cheaply fitted parts that last only so long. They are mostly made to a price point for purpose and intent. Looks good on the outside but not inside. Price of such products have been very affordable and low and this is what makes it even more likely for uneconomical repair if it eventually fail for any reason. Its labor, time, effort to diagnose and repair doesn't come cheap and its never become cheaper because its all manual work and expertise. This is no "house call plumber fix a leak" job. Repair cost at a competent technician may cost almost the new product price. Hard to find RM50-80 repairers nowadays if anyone is thinking that's about worth the job. I used to take in these jobs years ago, but when quote fixing charges..owner.."Wahhhhhh!" as if I'm cheating them..I gave up!
how much charge to refoam 5 inch speaker driver?
BOTAK_WAI
post Dec 22 2017, 10:45 PM

Blow Water First Class
3,813 posts

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Dec 22 2017, 09:42 PM)
Not my area of expertise. My post was referring to failed electronics at multimedia speakers.
You can DIY yourself if daring. Look to youtube how its done. You may have to find the correct size surround foam/rubber.
i saw mostly just cut the foam and replace it. there is still old foam intact with the diaphram, and they just glue the new foam on it.

no need use hot air gun to remove that? not sure which 1 is the correct way to do it.
BOTAK_WAI
post Dec 23 2017, 02:28 PM

Blow Water First Class
3,813 posts

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Dec 23 2017, 02:03 AM)
Don't use hot air gun or any razor sharp tool to remove debris during any process, one silly mistake, risk overheating or damaging any speaker material there. Just do the old fashioned way, slow and steady.
Anyway, I've no idea what speaker or speaker set you're talking about, maybe a suitable high quality car speaker driver of the same diameter can be carefully chosen to replace your broken speaker driver. Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, you name it, its not too expensive at Brothers Auto Accessories. Just a wild suggestion.  smile.gif  During my teen days long ago, I DIY speakers for my budet hifi using car speakers. I couldn't afford any branded speaker system back then.
thanks for the tips.

anyway it is a wharfedale diamond 9.1 driver.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 PM