Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Using CIMB ATM Card Overseas, Activated...but which ATMs can use?

views

digilife
post Oct 15 2013, 03:11 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
8,024 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 15 2013, 12:56 AM)
I wanted the Superman Maybank card. laugh.gif
Sorry, quick and noob question... Since Debit Card directly deducts from my bank account balance... How to ensure that if I lost my card today and somebody picks it up, will this person able to swipe anything and deduct from my balance? Any security measurement will be applied before any charges can be charged to debit card? I know if credit card, will need to block card and raise dispute but at least it is a credit card, so no actual payment is deducted from me yet...

Apologies for this stupid question because I only have normal ATM and credit cards. blush.gif
Ever heard of this before ?

CPP

All my cards , my wife's , my bro-in-law's and sis-in-law's are protected and its only rm118.00 per year.

Even our NRIC can be included. laugh.gif

You can have 4 users in one ac.

You are insured and protected for any misdeed by the person/s that stole/misuse you card.

Recommended by HSBC, and they have a local office in KL.

Anyone who want the KL contact no can PM me.

This post has been edited by digilife: Oct 15 2013, 03:11 PM
digilife
post Oct 15 2013, 03:26 PM

8,024 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 15 2013, 01:40 AM)
Yes, and I still have company's supplied Citibank corporate credit card as well. blush.gif
And the not in use Stan Chart (for their cash back sake). laugh.gif

laugh.gif Ok, if I'm not too lazy. Man, this thing is really forcing me to do a lot of research on cards. sweat.gif
Does your CiTi cc have the 'PLUS' logo ?

My MB2U card and CiTi cc have them, I guess our local banks charge you rm5 for ATM withdraw overseas and 'Cirrus' charges rm15 for each transaction ?

Pls correct me if i am wrong.

smile.gif
digilife
post Oct 15 2013, 03:40 PM

8,024 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 15 2013, 03:30 PM)
I'll not use my credit card to withdraw money. smile.gif
Open CiTi Savings ac, then link that SA feature into the CiTi cc, thus save the hassle of carrying an extra card laugh.gif

Cause you have lots of camera equipment to carry too laugh.gif
digilife
post Oct 18 2013, 05:44 PM

8,024 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 18 2013, 05:03 PM)
Gen-X and MilesAndMore, I just came back from ICBC KL... Struck with series of unfortunate events again.

The chronicles:
1) I called their CS (half an hour) before went over to their KL branch and was told to open a basic savings account only needs RM 20.
2) I reached there, the bank officers told me I will need RM 500 to open one. doh.gif RM 20 is super basic that cannot be used in overseas. Quickly went over to Affin Bank ATM to withdraw money.
3) Managed to open ICBC account and I asked about the transactions fees  if I withdraw using their ATMs in China. It costs a whopping RMB 25 per transaction! shocking.gif mad.gif
4) Gulps. Still I will need one local bank account, I have no choice but to accept. Asked about GIRO from Maybank2U, can perform but to MYR bank account. Then, I will need to login to ICBC Online to convert MYR to RMB and put into my ICBC RMB account.
5) The RM 500 I used to open account just now was converted to RMB already but only RM 490 as RM 10 is the minimum I need to retain in MYR account. Luckily today's rate is not too bad...
6) They gave me a manual how to register online personal banking account together with USB cable and TAC token. Apparently, I will need to install some certificates in my computers. sweat.gif
7) So now, I have the debit card and passbook.
8) Came back to office and asked my finance team, they said company will compensate the RMB 25 back to me. I just need to inform my boss about this and I can get back all the service charges that I will be charged... Still not too bad, luckily. laugh.gif

Then, I looked at my watch, still early... I decided to just walk-in to Menara Citibank to check out their savings account. I didn't bring any documents except for my I.C. tongue.gif However, the officer said their system is down today and I will need to bring other documents (payslip and employment confirmation letter) in next week. She confirmed I'll only need RM 20 to open one and can get immediately.

OK, part 2 next week. laugh.gif
RMB25 per transaction = abt rm10

hmm.gif

A HSBC card is still the "cheapest option"

Do HSBC accept an FD of rm5000 Deposit on a 30days tenure to open an Advance Chequering ac ?

You should have spoken to the floor manager that day. I believe if you have spoken to the right person, things would have been different. Btw, you went first floor general banking to enquire to open your ac or at the ground floor banking lounge ?

digilife
post Oct 18 2013, 06:22 PM

8,024 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 18 2013, 05:56 PM)
RM 13 actually.
I don't bother about HSBC anymore. Don't keep promoting them la. sweat.gif
They are not the only international bank and Citbank is much better than them in term of overseas transfers.
I checked with my colleagues that HSBC ATM is not anywhere nearby our office and I will need to take subway just to withdraw money. sweat.gif

But that's not a problem for me because I can get back the money eventually. whistling.gif
Now I will prioritize Citibank withdrawal in China (though they are not popular) or worse comes to worst, I will still go for ICBC since I will be compensated with the transaction charges. smile.gif

Oh ya, my colleagues shared that there is an ICBC ATM in our office building. Convenience wise ICBC wins. smile.gif

Anyway, that RMB 25 is what the officer said, not sure true or not until I'm there. laugh.gif
I dun work for HSBC and I am not promoting them.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I have both Citi and HSBC accounts.

Abt ICBC, I am not sure, but a China Bank, sweat.gif

You would knoe the difference till you are actually using them.

I am waiting for your review when you have landed there and used them.

notworthy.gif

digilife
post Oct 18 2013, 08:22 PM

8,024 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 18 2013, 06:55 PM)
Read more about ICBC if you are unsure. Don't look down at this bank, one of the richest banks in the world.
Tell me which is Malaysia's richest bank ?

Riches doesn't mean they provide the best in Service.

China's bank mentality is doh.gif

I wont care how "poor" is the bank that i use, as long they can provide what i need [not money lending] , that is it that I want

I have closed my accounts with CIMB and RHB mainly because they dun give me the service that I want. HLBB will be the next to be axed because their CSO and system sucks.

We are "lending" then [ deposit ] money and yet they want to lansi with us.

I mainly use MBB because most of my peers/users are using it.

I also maintain accounts with HSBC,StanChart and CiTi Bank currently.

Maybe one day, i should try Bank Islam, Afin Bank and ICBC

wink.gif

This post has been edited by digilife: Oct 18 2013, 08:24 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:55 AM