Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Using CIMB ATM Card Overseas, Activated...but which ATMs can use?

views

b00n
post Dec 24 2007, 12:30 PM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

I'm betting it's CIRRUS network.
Try look at your ATM card and see what network is specified there.
MEPS is our M'sian network thus letting you the chance to perform transactions interbank ATM.
CIRRUS however is international. Check to see whether or not CIMB subscribes to it. But remember, the charges are not cheap; forgot whether it goes by transaction or goes by transaction amounts. Better check carefully.
b00n
post Dec 26 2007, 12:13 PM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

QUOTE(achcmy @ Dec 26 2007, 10:07 AM)
Wacky-Angel,

Why advise against doing that? Did you have problem using that before? Can you share with us about your difficulties?

As for my experience, I always withdraw from overseas countries. The interbank rates including the withdrawing charges are much cheaper than money exchange. I have tried in Bangkok, London, Manila, SG and HK. That's why i'm very curious to know why wacky-angel advice against that.

AC

For international banks like HSBC and Citibank whereby one can always withdraw from their originating country via ATM networks in other countries are usually not subjected to transaction charges besides the forex exchange difference. Yes, do agree that sometimes forex rates are better. Only problem is we do not know during withdrawal.
But when one withdraws via Maestro or Cirrus, IIRC the charges are not cheap. It's definitely not the usual RM1 like MEPS charges in M'sia.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.85    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:28 PM