Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Using CIMB ATM Card Overseas, Activated...but which ATMs can use?

views

achcmy
post Dec 26 2007, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Dec 24 2007, 01:13 PM)
Seriously, i advise u not to do that..
Just take out cash and go money exchange b4 u leave...

I think u cant bring above RM5000 worth or something like that out of country but just declare it then u can...
No charges.
Wacky-Angel,

Why advise against doing that? Did you have problem using that before? Can you share with us about your difficulties?

As for my experience, I always withdraw from overseas countries. The interbank rates including the withdrawing charges are much cheaper than money exchange. I have tried in Bangkok, London, Manila, SG and HK. That's why i'm very curious to know why wacky-angel advice against that.

AC
achcmy
post Dec 27 2007, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(b00n @ Dec 26 2007, 12:13 PM)
For international banks like HSBC and Citibank whereby one can always withdraw from their originating country via ATM networks in other countries are usually not subjected to transaction charges besides the forex exchange difference. Yes, do agree that sometimes forex rates are better. Only problem is we do not know during withdrawal.
But when one withdraws via Maestro or Cirrus, IIRC the charges are not cheap. It's definitely not the usual RM1 like MEPS charges in M'sia.
Boon,

In fact you can check the conversion rate. Just get the balance enquiry for the ATM machine and divide that with the amount in RM. Of coz, to do that, you need to know how much exactly u have in your bank account first. Then you can do the withdrawal after getting the conversion. Sometimes different ATM has got different rates. So check it out first.

AC

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.72    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:19 PM