Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cancer, Anyone here with a close family member..

views

peterhealth
post Jun 17 2013, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Hi guys, is there any support group in KL/PJ area for prostate cancer patients?
straw
post Apr 21 2014, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

Happened to my father cousin's wife = Aunt.

Admitted to private hosp due to high fever. Done CT scan found neck got tumor. Done operation and examined the tumor but not cancer.

However fewer still no decrease and stomach bloated. Checked by 7 doctors from different department. Though maybe kidney problem but still can go toilet like normal.

In between one of the doctor found still got nanah inside the neck. So they put tube to suck out the nanah to check. Then need to do 2nd operation. If no do this operation, hati only can function 50%.

So aunt did 2nd operation. Done operation still in coma. Only 2nd day can awake. However 2nd day no sigh of awake. Stomach still bloated & high fewer up to 40.

The have equiment to check the pain rate of the patient. Mak rate one can endure the pain is about 80 but aunt rate is double the rate.

Finally at night my father received a called that aunt no more which was yest nite. Her 3kids stilll young. So sad.

Ardam
post Apr 21 2014, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(straw @ Apr 21 2014, 03:52 PM)
Happened to my father cousin's wife = Aunt.

Admitted to private hosp due to high fever. Done CT scan found neck got tumor. Done operation and examined the tumor but not cancer.

However fewer still no decrease and stomach bloated. Checked by 7 doctors from different department. Though maybe kidney problem but still can go toilet like normal.

In between one of the doctor found still got nanah inside the neck. So they put tube to suck out the nanah to check. Then need to do 2nd operation. If no do this operation, hati only can function 50%.

So aunt did 2nd operation. Done operation still in coma. Only 2nd day can awake. However 2nd day no sigh of awake. Stomach still bloated & high fewer up to 40.

The have equiment to check the pain rate of the patient. Mak rate one can endure the pain is about 80 but aunt rate is double the rate.

Finally at night my father received a called that aunt no more which was yest nite. Her 3kids stilll young. So sad.
Thanks for sharing. Sad news indeed.

How many days since the pain was discovered until the passing of your aunt?

Eventually what was the cause of the death? (You mentioned it was tumor but not cancer)
TinyPumpkin
post Apr 22 2014, 04:31 PM

Regular
1,233 posts

I think they performed operation on the wrong part of the body. What is the cause of death?
smsmalaysiacoltd8
post Jun 5 2014, 02:04 PM

21 posts

Just for info, there's non-profit cancer organization for consultation for certain cancer diseases, there have medical consultants for second opinion or more choices treatment but maybe for certain diseases and cancer, just hope can help more patients... Cancer diseases consultation
Cokey
post Jan 11 2018, 05:35 PM

5 posts

Well, I would say cancer is one of the way the world control the human population. If everyone lives then the whole world will become like ikan bilis edi
nazmiesukasuki
post Feb 21 2018, 02:09 PM

23 posts

My dad diagnosed with GBM grade 4 in 2016. Until now already done 3 surgeries to remove the tumor. At one time he said he just want to wait until my brother (currently 18 years old) to finish his study & get his first grandchild then he will stop surgery and wait until his final moments.

I can imagine his suffer. In 2 years time already done 3 major surgeries. And its very painful because it is related to brain.
SUSNew Klang
post Feb 21 2018, 04:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

Cancer is a disease that is common but until now the chances of cure is uncertain.

Even HIV already has a cure.
nazmiesukasuki
post Feb 21 2018, 05:55 PM

23 posts

The doctor said the only thing that can overcome the suffer of cancer patient is morale support. So yeah, give your support to them. Also to their families.
surehit
post Mar 20 2018, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

Hi all, anyone heard of Dr Chris Teo of www.cacare.org?

Anyone got well from his treatments?

17 Pages « < 15 16 17Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:04 AM