4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Driver Compaq Presario F700 XP Drivers, Can't find the LAN,Audio & Modem driver

views

TStckowen
post Dec 23 2007, 05:17 PM, updated 17y ago

Getting Started
144 posts

Anyone having this lappy model ? It was preinstalled with Vista but i've downgraded it to XP.

Problem is can't find the drivers for the Network, Audio and Modem Driver.

Anyone got it ?

HP website doesn't provide XP drivers and others website only provide certain drivers.

No sound, no Internet.......................Sigh..............
mgxbox
post Dec 23 2007, 07:18 PM

Regular
Banned
1,112 posts

QUOTE(tckowen @ Dec 23 2007, 05:17 PM)
Anyone having this lappy model ? It was preinstalled with Vista but i've downgraded it to XP.

Problem is can't find the drivers for the Network, Audio and Modem Driver.

Anyone got it ?

HP website doesn't provide XP drivers and others website only provide certain drivers.

No sound, no Internet.......................Sigh..............
Why downgrade? doh.gif
yngwie
post Dec 23 2007, 07:31 PM

| Ðøñ'¯|¯ G|v€ Â ÐðmÑ!
3,092 posts

lol... downgrade for some compatibily software reason de.
sorry buddy but you need to install the ethernet driver in order to proceed with the rest.
try google up for the rest of the driver. there are alot of forum online for the drivers.

mgxbox
post Dec 23 2007, 08:07 PM

Regular
Banned
1,112 posts

Or if you know the chipset then you can download directly from the chipset maker manufacturer website.
TStckowen
post Dec 25 2007, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

Now still hunting for Audio driver.....the rest managed to get from other sites.......

Everything ready except no sound....sigh....

Anyone using this model with XP kindly help to provide the Audio driver...... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
el.primero
post Dec 25 2007, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

http://hpipoh.com/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=25

try this...
TStckowen
post Dec 25 2007, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(el.primero @ Dec 25 2007, 03:02 PM)
Already tried that link but still the Audio driver doesn't work.

Btw, I've tried to force install the Vista driver for the modem and it goes through. Not sure whether it's working coz no line to test and not using modem also. Just to get rid of the question mark on the Device Manager page.
cofe23
post Dec 25 2007, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
273 posts

why downgrate to xp? your model is for vista. so that why hp din't provided xp drv. i am a enginner at hp also, we din't have the drive in winxp for this model. maybe you can ty to goole it.
el.primero
post Dec 25 2007, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

have u tried forcing for audio driver then? cos since it worked for modem it might as well working for audio...

i suppose u have installed the UAA b4 u forcing the modem driver right?

try this to test ur modem:-
-device manager
-modem
-properties
-diagnostics
-if the status show successful, then u've got the right driver

This post has been edited by el.primero: Dec 26 2007, 12:02 AM
SUSVelocity
post Dec 26 2007, 01:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,188 posts

PM me if u need ill send u a software. It helps u find the drivers all you need is internet connection on that pc/notebook.

This post has been edited by Velocity: Dec 26 2007, 01:24 AM
post Dec 26 2007, 04:38 AM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(Velocity @ Dec 26 2007, 01:24 AM)
PM me if u need ill send u a software. It helps u find the drivers all you need is internet connection on that pc/notebook.
can you pls give me the links too ?...
Tzetsin
post Dec 27 2007, 01:48 PM

2 posts

Ive got the same problem as you brotha, my uncle just bought his girl a compaq presario f722ca, i happily told him it would be nothing for me to roll back the vista to a more appropriate for the hardware XP... was i wrong... 45 mins to install XP and a further 6 hours so far looking for drivers since hp decided not to support it.... anyway, a few successes, if you go to the hp website the dv900z drivers all work for this unit EXEPT the graphics card, because the .ini doesnt support the model. so try that out an i'll come back if i figure out the G card.

Added on December 27, 2007, 2:19 pm oki update... the dv9000z display drive DOES work, but you have to work around it a bit, use winrar or the likes to extract the softpack's .exe file. then go to device manager to update the display driver, choose install from a specific location, then, "dont search i will choose the driver to install" then pick display drivers in the list of hardware, then when it says it cant find anything, click on "have disk" then point the browser to the file you extracted, then ok, then choose geforce go 6150 from the list, and agree with your puter when it says things might go south if you install the driver, it installs fine, havnt used it enough to say for sure its 100 percent stable, tho i'm guessing that the way nvidia's drivers work if there is any problem it will be something hp did...

i find hp so annoying with display drivers, the dunderheads force you to use hp propriety drivers then dont even support the bloody things after the first release. So... if any HP engineers read this meby you can take a hint from the world of gamers... drivers need CONSTANT updating pretty well every time a new great game comes out, so if you cant put out, perhaps you could just leave the gpu's be an let us run nvidia's drivers...

This post has been edited by Tzetsin: Dec 27 2007, 02:19 PM
TechnoDude94
post Dec 27 2007, 03:38 PM

Happiness Advocate
6,738 posts

Try using DriverDetective to download and install all the latest drivers. Just my 2 cents. You should follow Tzetsin's way if you like.
Tzetsin
post Dec 28 2007, 06:25 AM

2 posts

a further update, after testing this unit i found that because of (im assuming) the graphics card when the unit goes into sleep mode it blue screens, no biggie, i just disabled sleep mode in all of the power settings and have been able to run dvds and games all morning without a hitch.

RetiredTech
post Dec 28 2007, 12:16 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Tzetsin @ Dec 27 2007, 01:48 AM)
Ive got the same problem as you brotha, my uncle just bought his girl a compaq presario f722ca, i happily told him it would be nothing for me to roll back the vista to a more appropriate for the hardware XP... was i wrong... 45 mins to install XP and a further 6 hours so far looking for drivers since hp decided not to support it.... anyway, a few successes, if you go to the hp website the dv900z drivers all work for this unit EXEPT the graphics card, because the .ini doesnt support the model. so try that out an i'll come back if i figure out the G card.

Added on December 27, 2007, 2:19 pm  oki update... the dv9000z display drive DOES work, but you have to work around it a bit, use winrar or the likes to extract the softpack's .exe file. then go to device manager to update the display driver, choose install from a specific location, then, "dont search i will choose the driver to install" then pick display drivers in the list of hardware, then when it says it cant find anything, click on "have disk" then point the browser to the file you extracted, then ok, then choose geforce go 6150 from the list, and agree with your puter when it says things might go south if you install the driver, it installs fine, havnt used it enough to say for sure its 100 percent stable, tho i'm guessing that the way nvidia's drivers work if there is any problem it will be something hp did...

i find hp so annoying with display drivers, the dunderheads force you to use hp propriety drivers then dont even support the bloody things after the first release. So... if any HP engineers read this meby you can take a hint from the world of gamers... drivers need CONSTANT updating pretty well every time a new great game comes out, so if you cant put out, perhaps you could just leave the gpu's be an let us run nvidia's drivers...
I have been having the same problem in down converting a Compaq Presario f730US laptop to WinXP. All of the drivers have been found and work EXCEPT the video driver. I also have a Presario V6000 I bought last year and it has the GeForce Go 6150 driver installed and works like a charm. This newer version of the f730 refuses to work after the forced installation of the Go 6150 driver for XP that you described above. I have tried several versions of the driver both from Compaq (HP) and from Nvidia and none of them will install and work correctly. The best I can get is an installation that says the video driver cannot start (error code 10). I even tried working my way up the HP tech support system but keep getting the same tired answer "There is NO SUPPORT at HP for Windows XP with the F730US model." The default Generic Video Driver that Windows XP installs will work to give me 1024x768 with 32bit color support but none of the extended drivers for the 16x9 format are available without the Go 6150 driver working. I guess I should have purchased a business oriented Dell because they still allow Windows XP to be purchased on their computers if you desire it. I think Microsoft has been pushing the hardware vendors to only sell Vista as a way to sell more new computers and maybe even force a lack of support for XP via penalties of some sort.
VinceMSR
post Dec 30 2007, 08:20 PM

4 posts

hi guys
i newbie here...

i'm also juz bought a F732AU.
And i meet the same problem after chnaged to XP Pro due to working system.
but i able to solve most of these driver problem after chat with hp online technician

u guys may try this
http://www.hp.com/support/chat
sim1001
post Dec 31 2007, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

yesterday just help my friend install window xp
after that no any driver for sound, ethernet
the model is Compaq Presario F700
anyone know where can found it the drivers?

TechnoDude94
post Dec 31 2007, 12:59 PM

Happiness Advocate
6,738 posts

Use Google and try to find it. I'll help you search for it.
RetiredTech
post Jan 2 2008, 05:05 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(sim1001 @ Dec 31 2007, 12:17 AM)
yesterday just help my friend install window xp
after that no any driver for sound, ethernet
the model is Compaq Presario F700
anyone know where can found it the drivers?
I found the following information on the Newegg web site under reviews for this computer. It was supplied by Bill Greganti - many thanks to Bill.
biggrin.gif
How to get Windows XP installed...
1. Install Windows XP.
2. Install the Nvidia chipset drivers from here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33411.exe This will get you wired network access.
3. Run all Windows Updates. Make sure to install the hardware driver updates. This will get you wireless and touchpad drivers.
4. Install the Microsoft UAA driver from here: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp32501-33000/sp32646.exe Windows will detect new audio and modem hardware, choose to connect to the internet to look for drivers, and then to automatically install the drivers.
5. Install the video drivers from here: http://tinyurl.com/2q6ss4
6. Install the HP QuickLaunch Buttons software from here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33258.exe
hmm.gif
However, the video drivers do not install easily. They install as 2 separate drivers - both GeForce Go 6100 but on the first installation, my driver ended with an error code of 10 (could not start). This causes a driver to show in Device Manager with an exclamation point after it. At this point you can just click on the Setup.exe file in the drivers folder and Nvidia installs the correct driver for you. Do not try to delete the yellow ? drivers for VGA before this last step our you will have problems.

My unit always seems to need 2 separate drivers installed - one that fails and one that works. If I tried to use the Setup.exe in the drivers folder after deleting the 2 yellow question mark drivers that failed on the first try, Nvidia says the drivers do not exist for this computer. You MUST force the install with a GeForce Go 6100 to get the ball rolling. After that, the second driver was recognized and installed correctly on the computer.

Just as was mentioned by Tzetsin in this post, the "Turn off monitor" option in Energy Saver - Power Options Properties should be turned off because it will not come back after blanking the monitor. However, the Standby mode seems to work well and will bring back the screen even if the "Turn off Monitor" fails to do so.

Good luck

This post has been edited by RetiredTech: Jan 2 2008, 05:19 AM
rizalm
post Jan 10 2008, 09:34 PM

2 posts

Hi guys,

I bought my Compaq Presario F700 last week. I'm using XP and as usual some drivers were missing. To save all the hassle, I asked the shop technician to install all the missing drivers for RM 50.00.

Everything is fine, but just realized my external I/O port does not work. I can't seem to use the microphone and headphone port.

Do you know what's the problem. Is it the driver or hardware problem?

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0190sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:19 PM