Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

matrikulasi

views

average.joe
post Nov 17 2007, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(linkeong @ Nov 16 2007, 08:50 PM)
(1) Uni Utara accept 2.5 for engineering got people get lol. Anyway if you say matriks hard means you not friendly enough. (2a) Seriously matriks questions are harder BUT mostly lecturer bocor all before exam my friends got 3.8 to 4.0 (5 of them all got medicine now in UM 1 is serani if not mistaken, rest chinese). They said just friend friend with lecturer then they always tell what questions exactly to read for exams(they even give you a pre exam which is 90% looks the same as original exam paper), just that when (3) in matriks people always complain you wear too tight, too short, too lowcut, etc and alot of illegal things going on. (4) And if you go matriks your muet very hard to get above band 4. Some just assalamualaikum with the muet examiner den band 5-6 straight while others try like hell with perfect english getting a band 4.

(4b) The marks are standard BUT I will tell you, the people who give you marks are not standard, the speaking part the they just bantai your mark without even hearing, come on la my friend's english standard I know how good la , I got band 5 with 3 marks to band 6 myself, she was better than me by double, her bf got band 6 doing form 6. During the muet speaking they do not even want to look at you, don't who can't speak english got band 5, they were speaking I are I are you is you is. (2b) When you beg the lecturer guarantee give you the questions that will come out, never failed in begging before. Any exam internalized sure got leak one, STPM so many people setting and only few people choosing the questions how to leak. If you want to try, come to form 6 anytime, many people who score good in SPM also failing, many arts students drop maths

1. As a matter of fact, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) does NOT have an engineering faculty and has never been offering any engineering course. Did you mean Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Utara Malaysia (KUKUM) (now known as Universiti Malaysia Perlis - UNIMAP)? Well, it's a different university, not part of UUM. Due to the previous KUKUM name, a good number of people have been mistakenly thinking of it as an engineering school under UUM. I can recall a news article in The Star even misquoting KUKUM as "Universiti Utara Malaysia Engineering College" few years back. (p/s hopefully this won't represent the overall quality of our mass communication graduates!)

2(a&b). As another matter of fact, exam questions for Ministry of Education Matiriculation Programme are created by IPTA faculty members of relevant disciplines. Even the exam answer scripts are all marked by IPTA lecturers. I don't know how did the "bocor" case you claimed could happen. Your lecturers can only help you for that 20% coursework component (test+quiz+assignment+lab experiment). Unless if there are some sorts of foul play (i.e. if, hopefully not, those IPTA lecturers leak the questions to matriculation teachers). Anyway, there's no guarantee that this won't happen in other pre-U systems (STPM included) too.

3. Of course, matriculation colleges are not fashion boutiques.

4(a&b). Those not paying attention during English language classes and not bucking up on English for their own benefit (since English does not contribute into the CGPA) "will be punished" during MUET tests. And the claim that some students got band 5/6 by just an "Assalamualaikum" or "good morning" to the oral examiners is completely questionable (if not a downright BS).

This post has been edited by average.joe: Nov 17 2007, 06:24 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:58 PM