Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> matrikulasi

miss whatever
post Nov 15 2007, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

anyone registered for it???

hehehe...i have received back the kad akuan penerimaan today... rclxms.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Genting
post Nov 15 2007, 08:26 PM

lol that didt show anything just show that they received only, get or not donno....
I also excited but the real thing when results out haha im not the one....
+Quote Post
pandan1393
post Nov 15 2007, 09:44 PM

Getting Started

yup~~~
i get it back also~~~~last few week~~~~

+Quote Post
miss whatever
post Nov 15 2007, 09:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Genting @ Nov 15 2007, 08:26 PM)
lol that didt show anything just show that they received only, get or not donno....
I also excited but the real thing when results out haha im not the one....
ya..i know ...

but just want to ask u all...go registered or not..
because we may talk about it
+Quote Post
rainingzero
post Nov 15 2007, 09:51 PM

I miss my student life~
Group: Senior Member

which matrix u applied for??
+Quote Post
naj113
post Nov 16 2007, 04:56 PM

Just to give advise for matriculation candidates. Matriculation is the fastest platform to get a degree. It is very important to score from the beginning after you enter matric.

The other important is, you must know what degree you want to take. If you are more into engineering, go for sains fizik, and if you are more into medic..go for sains hayat... Wrong decision will make you suffer a lot when you pursuing at University...

Other thing to remember is, if you choose sains hayat and you decide to become a doctor or any medic related...you must get your CGPA for at least 3.90...below than that...it's hard to get a place for medic course in IPTA...For sains fizik...although you get cgpa 2.50, you are eligible to take engineering course...

So, think wise....

This post has been edited by naj113: Nov 16 2007, 05:00 PM
+Quote Post
Pentatonic
post Nov 16 2007, 05:03 PM

im ex-matric gopeng..what can i say is matriculation is tough..very tough..if u plan to go there to study hard,very focusing and not to playing aroung,then u can go..but if u ever have plan to get some fun,go outing to spend out the rm1000 scolarship per sem,then dun ever gi..DONT..i have seen many friends of mine got kicked out after 1sem coz don get minimun CPA >1.50 and i have seen more matric student suffer coz didnt get good CGPA..so,the result,their wasting their time for 1 year..
+Quote Post
neohardcore
post Nov 16 2007, 05:06 PM

Casual

matriculation is a real nightmare..trust me..dun ever proud la if got chance to study there.. later u will cry..doh.gif
+Quote Post
azarimy
post Nov 16 2007, 05:14 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Education Essentials, Architecture
Group: Elite

QUOTE(naj113 @ Nov 16 2007, 04:56 PM)
Just to give advise for matriculation candidates. Matriculation is the fastest platform to get a degree. It is very important to score from the beginning after you enter matric.

The other important is, you must know what degree you want to take. If you are more into engineering, go for sains fizik, and if you are more into medic..go for sains hayat... Wrong decision will make you suffer a lot when you pursuing at University...

Other thing to remember is, if you choose sains hayat and you decide to become a doctor or any medic related...you must get your CGPA for at least 3.90...below than that...it's hard to get a place for medic course in IPTA...For sains fizik...although you get cgpa 2.50, you are eligible to take engineering course...

So, think wise....
i'm gonna go straightforward and correct u there, mate.

"matriculation is the fastest platform to get INTO a degree course". matrics alone doesnt get u a degree wink.gif. there're lots of matrics students extending in my university regardless scoring 4.00, so lets not get too excited biggrin.gif
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rainingzero
post Nov 16 2007, 06:16 PM

I miss my student life~

QUOTE(naj113 @ Nov 16 2007, 04:56 PM)

So, think wise....
nice advice u gave...
however, if u only got 2.5 CGPA, where u wanna go arr?? last time the lowest CGPA at my campus (USM engineering) was 3.6 and above. other Uni i dunno la...
what u mean by fastest way?? now have to take 2 years la to complete matric (correct me if im wrong).

anyway, good luck for everybody. me still got 1 sem to complete my 4 years course at eng USM.... smile.gif
+Quote Post
linkeong
post Nov 16 2007, 07:50 PM

Enthusiast

Uni Utara accept 2.5 for engineering got people get lol. Anyway if you say matriks hard means you not friendly enough. Seriously matriks questions are harder BUT mostly lecturer bocor all before exam my friends got 3.8 to 4.0 (5 of them all got medicine now in UM 1 is serani if not mistaken, rest chinese). They said just friend friend with lecturer then they always tell what questions exactly to read for exams(they even give you a pre exam which is 90% looks the same as original exam paper), just that when in matriks people always complain you wear too tight, too short, too lowcut, etc and alot of illegal things going on. And if you go matriks your muet very hard to get above band 4. Some just assalamualaikum with the muet examiner den band 5-6 straight while others try like hell with perfect english getting a band 4.
+Quote Post
fruitie
post Nov 17 2007, 12:01 AM

Sunshine·阳光灿烂
Group Icon
Group: Staff

I thought Matriculations is very easy? unsure.gif Well, my assumption might be wrong because I said this based on few of my friends who got Matriculations in 2004 and they are in local universities now. All of them got at least 3.8 and above, in Sains Hayat (Biology Stream) during their studies in Matriculations.

Nevertheless, it might be an easy platform to enter Degree courses, I'm with azarimy this time, but this doesn't guarantee they can excel in the Degree courses. A lot of Medic students who got 4.0 in their Matriculations are getting "D" and "E" in their final exams. sweat.gif

My friend is currently studying Dentistry in one of the premier local universities, one of her professors was sarcastic enough by saying something like this, "4.0 in Matriculations, what the use of it? The real test has just started. Well, I'm sure I'll see lots of failures from the Matriculations students rather than STPM students. One year of Foundation studies and expect to be at the same par as STPM students? Dream on." sweat.gif doh.gif

Let me explain something here... I'm not saying all Matriculations students are weak, yes I emphasise on that again and I'm not saying all STPM students are superior either. Also, this is the situation encountered by my friends, not me because I am neither from one of those. smile.gif
+Quote Post
neohardcore
post Nov 17 2007, 11:44 AM

Casual

QUOTE(linkeong @ Nov 16 2007, 07:50 PM)
Uni Utara accept 2.5 for engineering got people get lol. Anyway if you say matriks hard means you not friendly enough. Seriously matriks questions are harder BUT mostly lecturer bocor all before exam my friends got 3.8 to 4.0 (5 of them all got medicine now in UM 1 is serani if not mistaken, rest chinese). They said just friend friend with lecturer then they always tell what questions exactly to read for exams(they even give you a pre exam which is 90% looks the same as original exam paper), just that when in matriks people always complain you wear too tight, too short, too lowcut, etc and alot of illegal things going on. And if you go matriks your muet very hard to get above band 4. Some just assalamualaikum with the muet examiner den band 5-6 straight while others try like hell with perfect english getting a band 4.
im not agree with some word here..im x-matric student..i know more about dis lecturer in matric..u cant assume ALL lecturer have same attitude like ur friend story.as example,u take sains fizik course and must take 4 paper.kimia,fizik,math and english.do you expect all this four lecturers will do a pre exam for u?muet exam is all standart and same without depend on place u take it laa..many friends of mine also get band 2 in muet..don really hope u can get band 5 with just start ur conversation with assalamualaikum..end word is,dun ever think matriculation is the easy way.. icon_idea.gif
+Quote Post
babe_himesan
post Nov 17 2007, 02:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(miss whatever @ Nov 15 2007, 08:04 PM)

i registered... but get nothing.. is that suppose to mean i am not received???? sad.gif
+Quote Post
mfaizalzul
post Nov 17 2007, 02:22 PM

Getting Started

just do diploma lor..
easier and relax..
heheeeh
+Quote Post
babe_himesan
post Nov 17 2007, 02:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mfaizalzul @ Nov 17 2007, 02:22 PM)
just do diploma lor..
easier and relax..
heheeeh
all you need is money then!! sigh.. seems like i gotto go form 6!!!
+Quote Post
linkeong
post Nov 17 2007, 04:41 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(neohardcore @ Nov 17 2007, 11:44 AM)
im not agree with some word here..im x-matric student..i know more about dis lecturer in matric..u cant assume ALL  lecturer have same attitude like ur friend story.as example,u take sains fizik course and must take 4 paper.kimia,fizik,math and english.do you expect all this four lecturers will do a pre exam for u?muet exam is all standart and same without depend on place u take it laa..many friends of mine also get band 2 in muet..don really hope u can get band 5 with just start ur conversation with assalamualaikum..end word is,dun ever think matriculation is the easy way.. icon_idea.gif
The marks are standard BUT I will tell you, the people who give you marks are not standard, the speaking part the they just bantai your mark without even hearing, come on la my friend's english standard I know how good la , I got band 5 with 3 marks to band 6 myself, she was better than me by double, her bf got band 6 doing form 6. During the muet speaking they do not even want to look at you, don't who can't speak english got band 5, they were speaking I are I are you is you is. When you beg the lecturer guarantee give you the questions that will come out, never failed in begging before. Any exam internalized sure got leak one, STPM so many people setting and only few people choosing the questions how to leak. If you want to try, come to form 6 anytime, many people who score good in SPM also failing, many arts students drop maths
+Quote Post
average.joe
post Nov 17 2007, 04:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(linkeong @ Nov 16 2007, 08:50 PM)
(1) Uni Utara accept 2.5 for engineering got people get lol. Anyway if you say matriks hard means you not friendly enough. (2a) Seriously matriks questions are harder BUT mostly lecturer bocor all before exam my friends got 3.8 to 4.0 (5 of them all got medicine now in UM 1 is serani if not mistaken, rest chinese). They said just friend friend with lecturer then they always tell what questions exactly to read for exams(they even give you a pre exam which is 90% looks the same as original exam paper), just that when (3) in matriks people always complain you wear too tight, too short, too lowcut, etc and alot of illegal things going on. (4) And if you go matriks your muet very hard to get above band 4. Some just assalamualaikum with the muet examiner den band 5-6 straight while others try like hell with perfect english getting a band 4.

(4b) The marks are standard BUT I will tell you, the people who give you marks are not standard, the speaking part the they just bantai your mark without even hearing, come on la my friend's english standard I know how good la , I got band 5 with 3 marks to band 6 myself, she was better than me by double, her bf got band 6 doing form 6. During the muet speaking they do not even want to look at you, don't who can't speak english got band 5, they were speaking I are I are you is you is. (2b) When you beg the lecturer guarantee give you the questions that will come out, never failed in begging before. Any exam internalized sure got leak one, STPM so many people setting and only few people choosing the questions how to leak. If you want to try, come to form 6 anytime, many people who score good in SPM also failing, many arts students drop maths

1. As a matter of fact, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) does NOT have an engineering faculty and has never been offering any engineering course. Did you mean Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Utara Malaysia (KUKUM) (now known as Universiti Malaysia Perlis - UNIMAP)? Well, it's a different university, not part of UUM. Due to the previous KUKUM name, a good number of people have been mistakenly thinking of it as an engineering school under UUM. I can recall a news article in The Star even misquoting KUKUM as "Universiti Utara Malaysia Engineering College" few years back. (p/s hopefully this won't represent the overall quality of our mass communication graduates!)

2(a&b). As another matter of fact, exam questions for Ministry of Education Matiriculation Programme are created by IPTA faculty members of relevant disciplines. Even the exam answer scripts are all marked by IPTA lecturers. I don't know how did the "bocor" case you claimed could happen. Your lecturers can only help you for that 20% coursework component (test+quiz+assignment+lab experiment). Unless if there are some sorts of foul play (i.e. if, hopefully not, those IPTA lecturers leak the questions to matriculation teachers). Anyway, there's no guarantee that this won't happen in other pre-U systems (STPM included) too.

3. Of course, matriculation colleges are not fashion boutiques.

4(a&b). Those not paying attention during English language classes and not bucking up on English for their own benefit (since English does not contribute into the CGPA) "will be punished" during MUET tests. And the claim that some students got band 5/6 by just an "Assalamualaikum" or "good morning" to the oral examiners is completely questionable (if not a downright BS).

This post has been edited by average.joe: Nov 17 2007, 06:24 PM
+Quote Post
neohardcore
post Nov 17 2007, 05:27 PM

Casual

QUOTE(linkeong @ Nov 17 2007, 04:41 PM)
1.The marks are standard BUT I will tell you, the people who give you marks are not standard, the speaking part the they just bantai your mark without even hearing, come on la my friend's english standard I know how good la , I got band 5 with 3 marks to band 6 myself, she was better than me by double, her bf got band 6 doing form 6. During the muet speaking they do not even want to look at you, don't who can't speak english got band 5, they were speaking I are I are you is you is. 2.When you beg the lecturer guarantee give you the questions that will come out, never failed in begging before. Any exam internalized sure got leak one.3. STPM so many people setting and only few people choosing the questions how to leak. If you want to try, come to form 6 anytime, many people who score good in SPM also failing, many arts students drop maths
1.how can u tell me the people who given the marks are not standard?did u know all the examiner is selected and not just pick2 one..i dun want to know where do u take ur muet exam but from my experience,all 2 muet examiners always pay attention to all of our speech..and did u know,the speaking component only cover 45/300..if u doing so well plus they really bantai ur mark even with full mark,there is no guaranty u will got band 5 or 6 in muet.. rclxub.gif

2.lecturer dont even know final exam la..because all question are standard..they only can help you in your carry mark..even ur lecturer is one of panel in create final exam paper,they didnt know which question will be come out in final. blink.gif

3.what is the point for me to come in to form 6 when im alredi in final sem to get my deg blink.gif

This post has been edited by neohardcore: Nov 17 2007, 05:34 PM
+Quote Post
MiLKTea
post Nov 17 2007, 06:26 PM

Casual

QUOTE(fruitie @ Nov 17 2007, 01:01 AM)
I thought Matriculations is very easy? unsure.gif Well, my assumption might be wrong because I said this based on few of my friends who got Matriculations in 2004 and they are in local universities now. All of them got at least 3.8 and above, in Sains Hayat (Biology Stream) during their studies in Matriculations.

Nevertheless, it might be an easy platform to enter Degree courses, I'm with azarimy this time, but this doesn't guarantee they can excel in the Degree courses. A lot of Medic students who got 4.0 in their Matriculations are getting "D" and "E" in their final exams. sweat.gif

My friend is currently studying Dentistry in one of the premier local universities, one of her professors was sarcastic enough by saying something like this, "4.0 in Matriculations, what the use of it? The real test has just started. Well, I'm sure I'll see lots of failures from the Matriculations students rather than STPM students. One year of Foundation studies and expect to be at the same par as STPM students? Dream on." sweat.gif doh.gif

Let me explain something here... I'm not saying all Matriculations students are weak, yes I emphasise on that again and I'm not saying all STPM students are superior either. Also, this is the situation encountered by my friends, not me because I am neither from one of those. smile.gif
QUOTE(linkeong @ Nov 17 2007, 05:41 PM)
The marks are standard BUT I will tell you, the people who give you marks are not standard, the speaking part the they just bantai your mark without even hearing, come on la my friend's english standard I know how good la , I got band 5 with 3 marks to band 6 myself, she was better than me by double, her bf got band 6 doing form 6. During the muet speaking they do not even want to look at you, don't who can't speak english got band 5, they were speaking I are I are you is you is. When you beg the lecturer guarantee give you the questions that will come out, never failed in begging before. Any exam internalized sure got leak one, STPM so many people setting and only few people choosing the questions how to leak. If you want to try, come to form 6 anytime, many people who score good in SPM also failing, many arts students drop maths
form 6 definitely a lot tougher than matriks...those from matriks that claim matriks is tough, u should go and have a look on stpm books...
few chapters of matriks maths = 1 chapter of stpm maths lol
during my convocation last september, not a single one from matriks of my course graduate...

+Quote Post
neohardcore
post Nov 17 2007, 07:42 PM

Casual

QUOTE(MiLKTea @ Nov 17 2007, 06:26 PM)
form 6 definitely a lot tougher than matriks...those from matriks that claim matriks is tough, u should go and have a look on stpm books...
few chapters of matriks maths = 1 chapter of stpm maths lol
during my convocation last september, not a single one from matriks of my course graduate...
yeah!definitly rite..no wonder stpm is know as 1 of hardest examination in the world.. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
blademaster
post Nov 17 2007, 08:33 PM

Regular

QUOTE(neohardcore @ Nov 17 2007, 07:42 PM)
yeah!definitly rite..no wonder stpm is know as 1 of hardest examination in the world.. tongue.gif
maybe for pre-U leh...but singapore-cambridge alevel S papers I think is harder
+Quote Post
neohardcore
post Nov 17 2007, 08:43 PM

Casual

dats why i put "1 of" there..hee... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by neohardcore: Nov 17 2007, 08:43 PM
+Quote Post
blademaster
post Nov 17 2007, 09:53 PM

Regular

QUOTE(neohardcore @ Nov 17 2007, 08:43 PM)
dats why i put "1 of" there..hee... biggrin.gif
damn....you got me

anyways, matrikulasi is not worth it. You go nuts. better take STPM
+Quote Post
rainingzero
post Nov 17 2007, 10:03 PM

I miss my student life~

QUOTE(blademaster @ Nov 17 2007, 09:53 PM)
damn....you got me

anyways, matrikulasi is not worth it. You go nuts. better take STPM
either STPM or matrics same la...even more than half of student in my course also from STPM. almost 70% of engineering students at my campus also from STPM.
but almost 100% of STPM student at my course like to cheating during exams... rolleyes.gif even assignment, and test also want to cheat... doh.gif
+Quote Post
pandan1393
post Nov 17 2007, 11:49 PM

Getting Started

woh....matric is that hard???
um...!!@@

+Quote Post
fruitie
post Nov 17 2007, 11:57 PM

Sunshine·阳光灿烂
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(pandan1393 @ Nov 17 2007, 11:49 PM)
um...!!@@
No... I don't think so because my friends took it before, they scored pretty well. And, yes two of them are in UM now. smile.gif
I've seen their syllabus, not that tough in my humble opinion.

Well, maybe it is only me thinks that. Tough or not is a very biased issue, everyone has different judgment and perception. smile.gif
+Quote Post
blademaster
post Nov 18 2007, 09:09 AM

Regular

QUOTE(pandan1393 @ Nov 17 2007, 11:49 PM)
um...!!@@
no lah..it's easy as bull crap compared to STPM
+Quote Post
nelienuxe_sara
post Nov 18 2007, 10:19 AM

noob im ur father

if u didnt get in to the matriculation
dun be sad
can apply/appeal for 2nd intake
im one of the 2nd intake 1
haha
but i dun appeal
+Quote Post
naj113
post Nov 18 2007, 10:20 AM

QUOTE(rainingzero @ Nov 16 2007, 06:16 PM)
nice advice u gave...
however, if u only got 2.5 CGPA, where u wanna go arr?? last time the lowest CGPA at my campus (USM engineering) was 3.6 and above. other Uni i dunno la...
what u mean by fastest way?? now have to take 2 years la to complete matric (correct me if im wrong).

anyway, good luck for everybody. me still got 1 sem to complete my 4 years course at eng USM.... smile.gif
ooh..now matric take 2 years? is it? doh.gif ...at my times in 2004, just 1 year only..if that so...so unlucky for them whistling.gif ...btw...when i said cgpa 2.50 can pursue an engineering doesn't mean pursuing in top university laa... i mean, u are eligible...but depend on your compettition...if that year, a lot of 4.00 student...u will not have a change there...
+Quote Post
David900924
post Nov 18 2007, 04:38 PM

Everyday come

ya its confirm in site 2 years and Art class need take add math? BULLShYT ,do they hav brain about it? art class no take add maths and yet they insist it for art stream.
+Quote Post
najmul
post Nov 18 2007, 09:23 PM

Casual

QUOTE(miss whatever @ Nov 15 2007, 08:04 PM)

can i ask the qualifications for it?
like how many A's do u need...
and in wich subjeks? thx...
+Quote Post
rainingzero
post Nov 18 2007, 10:04 PM

I miss my student life~

QUOTE(najmul @ Nov 18 2007, 09:23 PM)
can i ask the qualifications for it?
like how many A's do u need...
and in wich subjeks? thx...
as i was informed, usually we need to get A or B in certain subject such as physics, chemistry, math, add math and english. if u good at all the subjects but got c in english, no chance for u at all... sweat.gif

yeah, matriculation much more easier compared to STPM. but depends on the learning enviroments and ur attitude.. during my matrics time, several students which got straight A's for SPM also can't make it to 2nd sem.. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by rainingzero: Nov 18 2007, 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
thebayang
post Mar 9 2009, 08:15 PM

Getting Started

matrix sucks!
don go there!
+Quote Post
skystrike
post Mar 9 2009, 10:44 PM

back to normal

if u score low cgpa(below 2.5) in matrix dont ever dream to get a good course at university like engineering, IT, accounting....u will get a stupid course at university.....
+Quote Post
luvjim
post Mar 9 2009, 11:03 PM

last resort

hi, is it a wise decision to enter martikulasi for accounting course?
how bout the fees in matrikulasi, is it expensivve?
+Quote Post
silverchain
post Mar 10 2009, 01:42 AM

Casual

may i ask, how many subject we will take assuming im taking sains fizik. Got sej and etc like stpm?
+Quote Post
corallinkz
post Mar 10 2009, 02:51 AM

Regular

so which one better, matrix or pre-u course? looking to persue my study in computer eng related or avaiation engineering. which road should i take? im looking to study oversea if possible. sorry if this sounds lame
+Quote Post
Angel01
post Mar 10 2009, 08:21 AM

Stars @_@

when can you check whether you have been accepted to matrix or not?
+Quote Post
skystrike
post Mar 10 2009, 10:51 AM

back to normal

QUOTE(silverchain @ Mar 10 2009, 01:42 AM)
may i ask, how many subject we will take assuming im taking sains fizik. Got sej and etc like stpm?
got 3 main subject for sains fizik..physics, chemistry(physics chemistry at first sem n bio chemistry at 2nd sem) and mathematic....

got other side subject like comunication(english class), science computer etc....those subject is not calculated into cgpa.....
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0825sec    2.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:14 AM