Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Talbot Reese and Tri-coastal

views

TSeuropeaninvestor
post Nov 9 2007, 05:33 AM, updated 17y ago

1 posts

Dear all,

I'd like to open once again the talks about the venture capital company Talbot Reese and its golden business Tri-coastal Oil and Gas. I have subscribed to their "private offering" with a small amount and wish to share with you my experience.

Things went exactly as described by others, so I will be brief: first I received some phone calls on the job enquiring about my professional role and investment attitude. Then the offer came from Talbot Reese to buy 5000 shares of Tri-coastal Oil and Gas at the price of 6$ each. I asked them about detailed information and they sent me a link to their company website, Tricoastal website plus some generic articles on the oil industry and the profit one could expect from it.

At first I refused, but then, after talking to 3 different persons (the original contact, a guy responsible for the orders and a more senior figure who introduced himself and explained me his professional profile and what he was doing in Manila) they convinced me to invest a smaller amount. They were phoning me then daily to keep me informed and, after some time, they proposed me to increase my investment.

When I refused, I managed to agree with again a different guy (the most professional I had talked to up to that point and who presented himself as a director) to have them sell my equities and give me my money back, as soon as this would be possible. The date that they indicated to me was the end of october. I am still waiting and will keep you informed.
Onso
post Nov 9 2007, 07:55 AM

On my way
693 posts

wow, i hope you get your money back
temptation1314
post Nov 9 2007, 12:38 PM

Specials : 1,000,000 Spam Post Attack
2,287 posts

QUOTE(europeaninvestor @ Nov 9 2007, 05:33 AM)
Dear all,

I'd like to open once again the talks about the venture capital company Talbot Reese and its golden business Tri-coastal Oil and Gas. I have subscribed to their "private offering" with a small amount and wish to share with you my experience.

Things went exactly as described by others, so I will be brief: first I received some phone calls on the job enquiring about my professional role and investment attitude. Then the offer came from Talbot Reese to buy 5000 shares of Tri-coastal Oil and Gas at the price of 6$ each. I asked them about detailed information and they sent me a link to their company website, Tricoastal website plus some generic articles on the oil industry and the profit one could expect from it.

At first I refused, but then, after talking to 3 different persons (the original contact, a guy responsible for the orders and a more senior figure who introduced himself and explained me his professional profile and what he was doing in Manila) they convinced me to invest a smaller amount. They were phoning me then daily to keep me informed and, after some time, they proposed me to increase my investment.

When I refused, I managed to agree with again a different guy (the most professional I had talked to up to that point and who presented himself as a director) to have them sell my equities and give me my money back, as soon as this would be possible. The date that they indicated to me was the end of october. I am still waiting and will keep you informed.
Just a question, you only liased with them through phone??

QUOTE(Onso @ Nov 9 2007, 07:55 AM)
wow, i hope you get your money back
Spammer sleep.gif
b00n
post Nov 9 2007, 01:05 PM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

It's their modus operandi.
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/545182
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/537596

Btw, is there any proofs of purchase after you've invested.
Does it look genuine and how did you monitor the price of the shares you've invested?
ALeUNe
post Nov 9 2007, 01:15 PM

I'm the purebred with aristocratic pedigree
Group Icon
VIP
9,692 posts

QUOTE(europeaninvestor @ Nov 9 2007, 05:33 AM)
Dear all,

Today is Nov 09 2007.
End October? or End November?

How many shares you bought?

cherroy
post Nov 12 2007, 10:54 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

This thread is being re-opened as forumers request and wish to share their story about it.

Thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:51 PM