Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Someone at tyre shop Jack Up my Myvi Torsion Beam, Tyre Shop at Klang Jalan Kapar

views

TSmujinkun
post Nov 8 2007, 11:52 PM, updated 17y ago

Enthusiast
815 posts

To all sifu and everybodys out there.

Today, when I want to change my Rims at Jalan Kapar, I have saw one of the guy at that tyre shop Jack Up my Myvi Torsion Beam mad.gif . I just realize when this person want to install rims at my car, and immediately I ask him to replace that Jack place to lower side of my car body.

Time taken from replace my rims to install new rims around 45 minutes (until I realized this)

So far, there is no bent in the torsion beam, but I am afraid if in the long run, there will maybe have a problem with my rear Suspension system.

Also, I have ask the foremen (Pomen) to check my torsion beam, he used his hand touching there and there and told me there is no problem at all....

Why this is happened to me, as I know from the net, this shop is known to have a better prices for their wheels...

Please advise all sifus out there...
TSmujinkun
post Nov 8 2007, 11:58 PM

Enthusiast
815 posts

The shop is Jooi Seng, what a shame for a good famous shop(I only know this shop only, my 1st time).

BTW, they Jack Up in the middle part of the torsion beam, are sure sure there is no problem in the long run?

Any recomended shop, if want to buy sport spring or wanna change new tyre?
TSmujinkun
post Nov 9 2007, 12:04 AM

Enthusiast
815 posts

They jack up in the middle from those two rear tyre, they have a sign like a notices/ attention said "Please do not jack at this member".

Are this will effect my Myvi handling?
TSmujinkun
post Nov 9 2007, 12:18 AM

Enthusiast
815 posts

I go there to change sport rims to replace Myvi Standard rims, price is around RM1750++...I also have a plan to buy sport spring in next December...This shop offer me for Eibach RM760 including aligment.

Now my extra headache, since they workmanship is soooo bad, what shop should I go if I want to buy Eibach?

BTW, Is it sure no effect to my car since there is no bend at the moment.
TSmujinkun
post Nov 9 2007, 12:50 AM

Enthusiast
815 posts

This is the torsion beam

Attached Image

And they jackup in the middle of this beam

Added on November 9, 2007, 12:51 amHaiya...no pict come out? How...

This post has been edited by mujinkun: Nov 9 2007, 12:51 AM
TSmujinkun
post Nov 9 2007, 01:11 AM

Enthusiast
815 posts

So,its that mean that myvi can jack at torsion beam, like what i saw in the beam notice " do not jack at this member"...so its mean that P2 have warned us that this beam is no no thing to jack up

TSmujinkun
post Nov 9 2007, 07:15 PM

Enthusiast
815 posts

vanquish...could you introduce me to your friend at Ban Hooi, maybe can get low price for eibach spring...(I also dont know where is this shop located at).

And...

Today, I have double check my torsion beam, and thank god, there is no bend...fuuuhhh

Anyway...for a safety reason, when I have my 3rd service in a few days, I will ask SC staff to check my Torsion beam condition...

And for Jooi Seng... I already lost my confident (Torsion beam jack up, scratch my new rims, argghhhhhhhhh...)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:40 AM