Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Someone at tyre shop Jack Up my Myvi Torsion Beam, Tyre Shop at Klang Jalan Kapar

views

Vanquish
post Nov 9 2007, 11:54 AM

F.U.B.A.R.
2,115 posts

QUOTE(mujinkun @ Nov 8 2007, 11:58 PM)
The shop is Jooi Seng, what a shame for a good famous shop(I only know this shop only, my 1st time).

BTW, they Jack Up in the middle part of the torsion beam, are sure sure there is no problem in the long run?

Any recomended shop, if want to buy sport spring or wanna change new tyre?
Oh Jooi Seng, I know the shop, my office is quite nearby there...

I recommend Jooi Seng's closeby competitor, Ban Hooi... Ban Hooi's workers are quite well-trained, they do their jobs properly... Some more, one of my friends is one of the managers there, so I feel safer letting them handle my car...

QUOTE(mujinkun @ Nov 9 2007, 12:04 AM)
They jack up in the middle from those two rear tyre, they have a sign like a notices/ attention said "Please do not jack at this member".

Are this will effect my Myvi handling?
No doubt they did a huge mistake there but don't worry too much, the torsion beam is quite tough, it won't get bent that easily...

QUOTE(mujinkun @ Nov 9 2007, 12:18 AM)
I go there to change sport rims to replace Myvi Standard rims, price is around RM1750++...I also have a plan to buy sport spring in next December...This shop offer me for Eibach RM760 including aligment.

Now my extra headache, since they workmanship is soooo bad, what shop should I go if I want to buy Eibach?

BTW, Is it sure no effect to my car since there is no bend at the moment.
Give Ban Hooi a try, they are much more professional with their work...
Vanquish
post Nov 9 2007, 01:46 PM

F.U.B.A.R.
2,115 posts

QUOTE(jeremy0 @ Nov 9 2007, 01:29 PM)
Can u give the directions of ban hooi from jooi seng?....i got lost searching for kedai papan last mth coz don't really know wat is their real name so didn't manage to get any rims
If you're coming in from Klang Town, turn into the Jalan Kapar junction like u would with Jooi Seng, go straight for another 500m and u'll be able to see Ban Hooi (with a huge Goodyear billboard) on your left hand side... It's on the same row as the Tabung Haji building...
Vanquish
post Nov 9 2007, 10:05 PM

F.U.B.A.R.
2,115 posts

QUOTE(mujinkun @ Nov 9 2007, 07:15 PM)
vanquish...could you introduce me to your friend at Ban Hooi, maybe can get low price for eibach spring...(I also dont know where is this shop located at).

And...

Today, I have double check my torsion beam, and thank god, there is no bend...fuuuhhh

Anyway...for a safety reason, when I have my 3rd service in a few days, I will ask SC staff to check my Torsion beam condition...

And for Jooi Seng... I already lost my confident (Torsion beam jack up, scratch my new rims, argghhhhhhhhh...)
Dude, u won't be able to get much discounts from Ban Hooi, but u can try... Some more, my friend is just a manager there, he's not the boss... When u reach Ban Hooi, ask for Teck Guan, he'll help u out... Oh, I'm not sure if Ban Hooi got sell Eibach springs or not though... unsure.gif Oh, yeah, go in the morning, dun go during and after lunch, u'll have to wait a long time becoz they'll have tons of cars to service...

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Nov 9 2007, 08:05 PM)
i heard some1 saying that if we tighten the nuts with air gun the possibility for the but liner to be washed out is there can any1 verify that? (is also a service that ll be done at tyre shop u wont mind if i ask here TS?)
U mean the teeth of the lug nuts, izzit? It will depend on what quality and design of the lug nuts u're using, if u're using normal cheapo nuts, it won't last too long, but it depends on the design of the teeths as well... The lug nuts I'm using also el cheapo nuts, some more the teeth design cannot withstand too much stress from air guns... So everytime they service my wheels and tyres, they have to unscrew them out manually... tongue.gif

My advice is, invest a bit more on a set of decent lug nuts, it will last u for quite a while...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.56    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 PM