Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ASTRO Subscribtion & Installation Promotion., Raya Promo 2017

views

reef_d
post Oct 10 2009, 08:03 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

hi bro..

i am moving out from my apt which has centralized astro dish..
i am moving to a landed property in putrajaya..
may i know if u sell the astro dish? how much?
and how much is the installation?

or should i just cancel my current subscription and get a new subscribtion? which is cheaper?

thanks!
reef_d
post Oct 20 2009, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

thanks to thread starter for prompt service..
i registered with thread starter on Sunday 11 Oct..
Astro then called twice.. 1st to confirm my identity and 2nd to confirm packages.. Lastly installer called last Saturday to install but i was not home.. i got my astro installed yesterday..

got the latest thompson decoder.. sleek looking black box.. quite fast compared to my 7 year old black nokia decoder..

reef_d
post Oct 26 2009, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

did you check your signal strength in your decoder settings?
if its not green then u might need to realign the dish..
if its green then try downloading all the channels again..
that usually works for me.

This post has been edited by reef_d: Oct 26 2009, 11:14 AM
reef_d
post Oct 26 2009, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

if you have 2 decoder at home then u can try swapping the decoder.. then u can detect if its the decoder, cable or dish problem..
if you swap the decoder and still no signal then its definitely your cable or dish..

is your dish high up? if it is then better call the astro guy.. rm50 is not worth the risk falling down n breaking your leg or back..
also check that your cable is properly fastened to the back of the decoder.. sometime it could come loose and cause the same no signal problem..

reef_d
post Nov 23 2009, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(karhoe @ Nov 5 2009, 09:01 PM)
How does the new decoder looks like, can post picture? What can the USB port do?

What if I have been using a super old decoder and want to get new one, can I just cancel old one can subscribe new one under a different name but same address?

Thanks
Wanted to take the pic of the decoder for a while.. Only today i manage to snap it.. biggrin.gif

user posted image

it looks way cooler then old design decoder.. shiny too.. but since its shiny its a dust magnet.. tongue.gif
reef_d
post Jan 6 2010, 08:21 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

ya lar.. it depends on the market demand.. ASTRO just launch their HD service.. extra rm20 per month for 5 HD channels and free hardware upgrade! the que to get astro just got super long..

if u guys cant wait that long then by all means go ahead n find faster ways to subscribe to astro either thru another agent or going to astro yourself.. thread starter is just helping out.. did he get paid by helping u in the 1st place? no right?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0256sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:08 AM