Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

3D work

views

OH-
post Jan 23 2012, 02:11 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

I've been searching for a thread like this for quite some time, and finally, search is over!
I've been playing around Max and Maya for some time already, and I really like Maya better. Self taught, and I would love to further my studies in this industry when I get my SPM results. As for now, below is the thing I've modelled (My first 3D model without using a tutorial).

It's actually a simple antique wood item I saw at my friends house, so I decided to model it. The 2nd model, I was just trying out Maya's import/export function, so I imported another model which I created without using a tutorial, some random tron like disc and just placed it to ring the item. Need your opinions peeps, thanks! biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Added on January 23, 2012, 2:12 pmBy the way, Cyprid, your works are amazing!
I would certainly create something with that much detail if I didn't kena this friggin PLKN =,=!

This post has been edited by OH-: Jan 23 2012, 02:12 PM
OH-
post Jan 24 2012, 02:00 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(Cyprid Dark ii @ Jan 23 2012, 11:45 PM)
Thanks for the compliment! blush.gif

BTW,you seems to have a good foundation skills & in fact I also started to honed my 3d app/game modding things through self-thought during my high school year(darjah 6,2002)

So I know you can go further easily without the need of college training...trust me,I been through that time,& yes the exploration is endless,& now I still learn some new stuff from self-studies & some others...needless to say there is still lot more to be covered,but atleast my basic foundation skill for the 3d making app is already set-in.

So here is some update.I finally made the launch pad(Launch Complex 39A aka LC-39A) but it still far from finish.But anyway here is the screenshot.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Crawler secured itself on Lauch Complex(39A). This would be the site for launch,& few kilometers from Crawlerway & Launch Site,there is the group of thousand of manpower to conduct the orchestral,dubbed mission control & the building that would control the permission to launch & the firing sequences is known as NASA mission Control Centre with its iconic call radiosign,HOUSTON.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks for the encouragement bro! I'm can't wait to start Uni life soon after I get my results! I'm thinking of going to The One Academy. What you think? Which institute are you from anyways?
And what program are you using for that rocket project? That scene reminds me of the Transformers 3 takeoff scene biggrin.gif

QUOTE(b48753 @ Jan 24 2012, 12:36 AM)
Hi all..

Just to show some simple render with Cinema 4D software..this render doesn't use any V-Ray or other kind of render engine, just native render  tongue.gif

Just wondering, does C4D have Mental Ray?
OH-
post Jan 24 2012, 11:05 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(neoexcaliber @ Jan 24 2012, 06:33 PM)

Very nice. Maybe you should make an animation like OH suggested.  Although if your client is NASA, they wouldn't be happy seeing their shuttle explode.  laugh.gif
I love the amount of realism and detail he puts into the work! I must learn from this sifu! when I come back from PLKN....
OH-
post Apr 10 2012, 11:51 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

My second 3D work without using any tutorials and working from scratch! Modelling 97% done, left out a few details, but here you go. Schecter Synyster Gates Custom Guitar.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by OH-: Apr 11 2012, 04:52 PM
OH-
post Apr 19 2012, 09:44 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

Schecter Synyster Gates Custom Guitar
user posted image
OH-
post Apr 22 2012, 08:27 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

Another render of the guitar. Added 2 more different colours and a better background and lighting

user posted image
OH-
post Apr 26 2012, 08:52 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(yongping @ Apr 24 2012, 04:25 PM)
I have no professional training in 3D-ing XD
Me also, all self study. Only soon I'll got to a college smile.gif
OH-
post Apr 27 2012, 12:44 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(inachi @ Apr 27 2012, 10:52 AM)
cool. u already get urself familiar with some modelling basic
Yeah. If not because of PLKN vmad.gif , I sure even better now T_T
OH-
post May 5 2012, 06:03 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(litianyou @ May 5 2012, 04:43 PM)
Lo que puedo decir es increíble. . Simplemente no se puede imaginar . . Dios bendiga el saludo. .
Gracias por comentando! Yo hablo espanol un poco. Tu puede hablar ingles? smile.gif
OH-
post May 6 2012, 12:51 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

Awesome work man! But the color burst is just killing the detail and realism >.< But yeah I read from your previous posts that thats the effect that your going for, so its good! Anyways, on average, how long do these scenes take to render? What software and renderer are you using? And whats your PC rig? Thanks!

OH-
post May 14 2012, 11:25 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(N30rang3r @ May 14 2012, 09:27 PM)
user posted image
user posted image

Hi, new uploader here
Currently doing some interior render with 3D Max and V-Ray renderer  laugh.gif

Welcome to critical comments  icon_question.gif
I feel like somethings wrong with the cup and the bottle, something about the reflectivity...
In the 2nd image, seems like there's some blotchiness in the shadows... hmm.gif
hmm.gif

This post has been edited by OH-: May 14 2012, 11:32 PM
OH-
post May 22 2012, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(Virion @ May 21 2012, 03:08 PM)
user posted image
This one I do for fun during free time. Using Blender and Cycle Renderer.
Pretty realistic render, I like thumbup.gif
But then the clock like seems not so realistic? hmm.gif
OH-
post May 4 2015, 08:50 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(Langiler @ May 3 2015, 04:45 AM)
hi, sorry for off topic
may i ask, what software do you recommend for beginner with zero 3d modelling skill?
a software which had similar gui or user experience to other major 3d modelling software such as Maya.
is Blender 3d a good start?
Blender is a good start. The good thing about 3D is that the skills are interexchangeble. If you know one thing in one software, with a little time, you can translate them into another software. I personally started off with 3Dsmaax, then jumpshipped to Maya. Now sometimes I even model in Houdini because of it's non destructive workflow.
OH-
post May 4 2015, 08:51 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

Latest work in Maya with Mental Ray

user posted image
OH-
post Nov 30 2015, 01:17 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

Thought I'd post my latest demo reel here smile.gif

This post has been edited by OH-: Nov 30 2015, 01:20 PM
OH-
post Jan 2 2017, 08:34 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

Been a while since I posted my work here. Anyways, here's my latest reel focusing mostly on FX animation. Mostly done using Houdini, comped in Nuke/After Effects smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0324sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 PM