Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ryzer master setting

views

TSplumberly
post Jun 10 2024, 04:32 PM, updated 38m ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

Am I doing something wrong with the off mode?

Thanks.Attached Image
TSplumberly
post Jun 11 2024, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

SOS ... another question on overclocking.

Attached Image Attached Image

Stated 3200 Mhz, can I go higher or MUST stop there?

Thought with OC, one can go higher till the system is unstable etc.

Thanks.

P/S Why the 4 diff Mhz in the table? Better if runs at the design 3200 Mhz mah.

This post has been edited by plumberly: Jun 11 2024, 10:38 AM
yukkit1026
post Jun 12 2024, 04:09 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 11 2024, 10:36 AM)

Thanks.

What is the specs of the ram you bought? If it's higher than 3200, you can turn on the overclock profile at your BIOS.
Also i think it's better for u to list out the important specs for easier troubleshoot.
Like what ram, cpu, gpu and motherboard

This post has been edited by yukkit1026: Jun 12 2024, 04:13 PM
TSplumberly
post Jun 14 2024, 07:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

QUOTE(yukkit1026 @ Jun 12 2024, 04:09 PM)
What is the specs of the ram you bought? If it's higher than 3200, you can turn on the overclock profile at your BIOS.
Also i think it's better for u to list out the important specs for easier troubleshoot.
Like what ram, cpu, gpu and motherboard
Thanks.

After playing with the Ryzen master for a few days with a number of crashes, happy with what I have now.

Prefer to set the control mode as "default" and curve optimizer mode as "all cores". My Cinebench score is now 21,720.

I thought the Auto OC mode is better than the default mode. Yet it gave me a lower Cinebench score and it crashed later.

Learned from chatGPT that in default mode, the settings (speed, voltage etc) are not fixed, adjusted to suit the performance within the specifications. However in Auto OC, these settings can go outside the specifications which I thought then I should get a better performance. It crashed on me.

No need to get the BEST performance. Now 9/10 is sufficient.

The next step is to optimize my memory.

Like to know what is the average % increase in mHz one can get on the memory? I know it varies from brand to brand. But in general? Mine is a DDR4 Tcreate Classic.

Thanks.
yukkit1026
post Jun 14 2024, 07:41 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 14 2024, 07:07 PM)
Thanks.

After playing with the Ryzen master for a few days with a number of crashes, happy with what I have now. 

Prefer to set the control mode as "default" and curve optimizer mode as "all cores". My Cinebench score is now 21,720.

I thought the Auto OC mode is better than the default mode. Yet it gave me a lower Cinebench score and it crashed later.

Learned from chatGPT that in default mode, the settings (speed, voltage etc) are not fixed, adjusted to suit the performance within the specifications. However in Auto OC, these settings can go outside the specifications which I thought then I should get a better performance. It crashed on me.

No need to get the BEST performance. Now 9/10 is sufficient.

The next step is to optimize my memory.

Like to know what is the average % increase in mHz one can get on the memory? I know it varies from brand to brand. But in general? Mine is a DDR4 Tcreate Classic.

Thanks.
This might help you... https://www.lifewire.com/enable-xmp-5120864 (Let's say your memory speed is higher than 3200MHz)
You don't need care too much about RAM configuration, just make sure you have sufficient memory can already.
RAM speed wise, 3200MHz is enough already, if 3600MHz certainly give performance boost but it's just that few fps only, not much difference.

I bought 2x16GB(total 32GB) 3600MHz Cosair, roughly how it looks like after i enable the XMP
user posted image

This post has been edited by yukkit1026: Jun 14 2024, 07:43 PM
TSplumberly
post Jun 14 2024, 09:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

QUOTE(yukkit1026 @ Jun 14 2024, 07:41 PM)
This might help you... https://www.lifewire.com/enable-xmp-5120864 (Let's say your memory speed is higher than 3200MHz)
You don't need care too much about RAM configuration, just make sure you have sufficient memory can already.
RAM speed wise, 3200MHz is enough already, if 3600MHz certainly give performance boost but it's just that few fps only, not much difference.

I bought 2x16GB(total 32GB) 3600MHz Cosair, roughly how it looks like after i enable the XMP
user posted image
Thanks.

My CPU can go up to 4700 MHz. My 16*2 GB RAM is at 3200 MHz. Aim to go up to 3600 MHz.
omg7788
post Yesterday, 01:19 PM

Kampung Style Information Technology
436 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 10 2024, 04:32 PM)
Am I doing something wrong with the off mode?

Thanks.Attached Image
Set it in bios is better and less troublesome, curve optimizer settings are very important for ryzen cpu and it is in the bios too, and you will have to play with PPT, EDC, TDC limit to get the best performance out of your cpu chip. Ryzen master needs to rerun everytime your system reboot so i find it not very practical.

This post has been edited by omg7788: Yesterday, 01:21 PM
zuozi
post Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Enthusiast
994 posts

I miss the old days oc, got to adjust both side fsb,ram frequency, etc

Oc nowadays if you not 发烧友,just a few click automated do it for you

I still remember last time got to install auto roll back to prevent bsod if not when system crash got to reinstall or repair windows literally wasting time
TSplumberly
post Yesterday, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

QUOTE(omg7788 @ Jun 15 2024, 01:19 PM)
Set it in bios is better and less troublesome, curve optimizer settings are very important for ryzen cpu and it is in the bios too, and you will have to play with PPT, EDC, TDC limit to get the best performance out of your cpu chip. Ryzen master needs to rerun everytime your system reboot so i find it not very practical.
Thanks.

Please clarify what ou mean by this "Ryzen master needs to rerun everytime your system reboot so i find it not very practical."

zuozi
post Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Enthusiast
994 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 15 2024, 01:48 PM)
Thanks.

Please clarify what ou mean by this "Ryzen master needs to rerun everytime your system reboot so i find it not very practical."
Meaning everything you do on (RM) will not save in bios, because (RM) just for you do it OTF without need restart your PC compared bios got to restart bios restart etc, once everything you happy and frequency is stable like minimum 30 minutes memtest stress test no sign of auto restart or bsod then apply those numbers on bios manually

But if bios reset everything got to do it again also bios can let you save profile in case bios reset you don't have to tinkering again just apply the profile you saved
omg7788
post Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Kampung Style Information Technology
436 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 15 2024, 01:48 PM)
Thanks.

You will need to rerun this ryzen master software to apply the OC you configure everytime you restart your computer lo...if you set everyting in BIOS then it saves you alot of time which means the OC is applied everytime you power on your pc, you can also save this as example BIOS profile 1 = OC, so lets say one day your bios settings is reset then you don't need to reconfigure the OC setting again you just need to select load BIOS profile 1 OC then everything will be back.
TSplumberly
post Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

QUOTE(zuozi @ Jun 15 2024, 01:56 PM)
Meaning everything you do on (RM) will not save in bios, because (RM) just for you do it OTF without need restart your PC compared bios got to restart bios restart etc, once everything you happy and frequency is stable like minimum 30 minutes memtest stress test no sign of auto restart or bsod then apply those numbers on bios manually

But if bios reset everything got to do it again also bios can let you save profile in case bios reset you don't have to tinkering again just apply the profile you saved
QUOTE(omg7788 @ Jun 15 2024, 02:17 PM)
You will need to rerun this ryzen master software to apply the OC you configure everytime you restart your computer lo...if you set everyting in BIOS then it saves you alot of time which means the OC is applied everytime you power on your pc, you can also save this as example BIOS profile 1 = OC, so lets say one day your bios settings is reset then you don't need to reconfigure the OC setting again you just need to select load BIOS profile 1 OC then everything will be back.
Thanks.

I am surprised that RM does not write to the bios. See below. Options to enable or disable write to bios.

Attached Image

When I ask RM to apply, it will shut down and restart. Maybe the old RM does not do this?

Maybe what I know is completely wrong. Ha.

zuozi
post Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Enthusiast
994 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 15 2024, 02:34 PM)
Thanks.

I am surprised that RM does not write to the bios. See below. Options to enable or disable write to bios.

Attached Image

When I ask RM to apply, it will shut down and restart. Maybe the old RM does not do this?

Maybe what I know is completely wrong. Ha.
You can try use RM apply to bios after restart manually go bios and see is the setting match your need Or not.
TSplumberly
post Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

Which one are you using, all cores or per core?

Why?

Performance difference can be worthwhile, >5%?

Thanks.

zuozi
post Yesterday, 03:08 PM

Enthusiast
994 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 15 2024, 02:59 PM)
Which one are you using, all cores or per core?

Why?

Performance difference can be worthwhile, >5%?

Thanks.
I don't O.C anymore after socket 775 haha, i think the default pbo already did the very good job for the base clock and boost clock very sufficient for my daily need liao 😂 😂

k!nex
post Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Restless stars
3,332 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 11 2024, 10:36 AM)

Thanks.

Yours look like those value RAM. I dont see XMP.
You probably can go higher , but you have to raise voltage. Currently u are at 1.2V. Try 1.35V on VDIMM and go higher clocks.

4mhz difference have few reasons:
1. You didnt set your base clock at 100Mhz manually , you leave at Auto.
2. You enabled Spread Spectrum in BIOS , so the clocks fluctuate more .
TSplumberly
post Today, 09:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,684 posts

QUOTE(k!nex @ Jun 15 2024, 10:49 PM)
Yours look like those value RAM. I dont see XMP.
You probably can go higher , but you have to raise voltage. Currently u are at 1.2V. Try 1.35V on VDIMM and go higher clocks.

4mhz difference have few reasons:
1. You didnt set your base clock at 100Mhz manually , you leave at Auto.
2. You enabled Spread Spectrum in BIOS , so the clocks fluctuate more .
Thanks.

Will check.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    6.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 10:00 AM