Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Feeling burnt out at work

views

TSRedshelf411
post Jun 9 2024, 10:18 PM, updated 6d ago

Enthusiast
806 posts

Are there any ways to take a break without having to take MC? I know I can apply for AL but it’s hard for it to get approved.

Some of my colleagues purposely catch COVID or try to get hospitalisation leave so they can rest. Not the best practise.

Roadwarrior1337
post Jun 9 2024, 10:48 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(Redshelf411 @ Jun 9 2024, 10:18 PM)
Are there any ways to take a break without having to take MC? I know I can apply for AL but it’s hard for it to get approved.

Some of my colleagues purposely catch COVID or try to get hospitalisation leave so they can rest. Not the best practise.
Just go hospital and tell them
U got chest pain and let them do full check on you. Then they will give u 5 days of mc to rest.

It’s good to do checks once in a while and use this oppurtunity since medical for hospitalisation for inpatient can use company medical
vince316
post Jun 9 2024, 10:54 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(Roadwarrior1337 @ Jun 9 2024, 10:48 PM)
Just go hospital and tell them
U got chest pain and let them do full check on you. Then they will give u 5 days of mc to rest.

It’s good to do checks once in a while and use this oppurtunity since medical for hospitalisation for inpatient can use company medical
wah didnt know such excuses exist.
sweet_pez
post Jun 10 2024, 10:22 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,252 posts

QUOTE(Redshelf411 @ Jun 9 2024, 10:18 PM)

Is it a valid reason when they reject the AL? Example, the period or day you want to take off actually clashes with important meeting that you need to attend or projects you have to manage?

Otherwise this really seems to be a major red flag.
lfw
post Jun 10 2024, 11:44 AM

Casual
325 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 10 2024, 10:22 AM)
Is it a valid reason when they reject the AL? Example, the period or day you want to take off actually clashes with important meeting that you need to attend or projects you have to manage?
I agree on this as approving AL based on situation. if the company is running smoothly without interruption to the operation or service, why would they want to reject AL?

perhaps Redshelf411 need to seek clarification regarding this
TSRedshelf411
post Jun 10 2024, 10:06 PM

Enthusiast
806 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 10 2024, 10:22 AM)

Otherwise this really seems to be a major red flag.
QUOTE(lfw @ Jun 10 2024, 11:44 AM)
I agree on this as approving AL based on situation. if the company is running smoothly without interruption to the operation or service, why would they want to reject AL?

perhaps Redshelf411 need to seek clarification regarding this
I'm working on operation side of things so they cannot approve AL "for so many headcounts at a time". There were times when I have doctor follow up and I apply for AL they also reject. I brought this up to the doctor and was told they can give time slip saying I am at the doctor for follow up. WHen I brought this up to my company they told me they dont recognise timeslips.
hksgmy
post Jun 10 2024, 11:28 PM

Doraemon!
6,370 posts

Oh dear… this is not good for you at all, TS. If you’re feeling burnt out mentally, it’s not a good sign, and a valid reason for you to speak to your doctor to get a referral to hospital
jordin.spark
post Jun 11 2024, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

Please leave the company, it is really bad at where they don't even acknowledge timeslips from doctor.
Or have you ever applied for EL?
hksgmy
post Jun 11 2024, 07:51 PM

Doraemon!
6,370 posts

QUOTE(jordin.spark @ Jun 11 2024, 12:45 PM)
Please leave the company, it is really bad at where they don't even acknowledge timeslips from doctor.
Or have you ever applied for EL?
TS did, but there’s apparently a quota on who can apply for AL …

Oops, sorry, just end your post again. EL. Paiseh…
anakkk
post Jun 11 2024, 07:54 PM

Regular
1,628 posts

QUOTE(Redshelf411 @ Jun 10 2024, 10:06 PM)
I'm working on operation side of things so they cannot approve AL "for so many headcounts at a time". There were times when I have doctor follow up and I apply for AL they also reject. I brought this up to the doctor and was told they can give time slip saying I am at the doctor for follow up. WHen I brought this up to my company they told me they dont recognise timeslips.
time to leave this toxic company
soul78
post Jun 11 2024, 07:56 PM

On my way
676 posts

in next 10 years you will be begger for jobs...

if got work.. better just keep head down and work through it...

especially during this tough times and recession.....

hksgmy
post Jun 11 2024, 07:59 PM

Doraemon!
6,370 posts

QUOTE(soul78 @ Jun 11 2024, 07:56 PM)
in next 10 years you will be begger for jobs...

if got work.. better just keep head down and work through it...

especially during this tough times and recession.....
Everyone says there’s a recession, but over at the FBI section, people are complaining the airport lounges are like fish markets….
ZZMsia
post Jun 11 2024, 08:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,335 posts

QUOTE(Redshelf411 @ Jun 10 2024, 10:06 PM)
This is a local company not MNC right

ZZMsia
post Jun 11 2024, 08:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,335 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 11 2024, 07:59 PM)
Everyone says there’s a recession, but over at the FBI section, people are complaining the airport lounges are like fish markets….
Yes indeed it is like a fish market.. experienced myself 2 weeks ago..

hksgmy
post Jun 11 2024, 08:16 PM

Doraemon!
6,370 posts

I’ve never encountered MNCs to be so restrictive…. Well, maybe Japanese MNC of the past, but even those have mellowed
soul78
post Jun 11 2024, 08:19 PM

On my way
676 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 11 2024, 07:59 PM)
it's ok.. they are likes frogs in burning pan...

always dont see whats going on around them...

always can't see 6mnths or 1 year down the road...

alot will get burn by next year itself in a sudden shift of unemployment...
hksgmy
post Jun 11 2024, 08:22 PM

Doraemon!
6,370 posts

QUOTE(soul78 @ Jun 11 2024, 08:19 PM)
it's ok.. they are likes frogs in burning pan...

always dont see whats going on around them...

always can't see 6mnths or 1 year down the road...

alot will get burn by next year itself in a sudden shift of unemployment...
Fair point. Just that given TS’ current state of mind and body, I worry whether TS will still be alive at the end of a year with his existing company hahaha

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0589sec    0.94    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 10:53 AM