Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

UKM International application as a local, Question about UKM's psych/sp.ed courses

views

TSsls0101
post May 30 2024, 06:14 PM, updated 3w ago

12 posts

Hello, I made a post about furthering studies roughly 4 years ago here.

Now that I've graduated my diploma with a 3.36 CGPA (Early Childhood Education in priv uni) I am trying to narrow down places I want to further my bachelor's studies in.

I read up that you can apply to UKM directly through UKM International as a local, and the mode of teaching through this application will be in English language. I'm wondering if applying directly to UKM would be competitive?

I'm specifically looking to enroll in their Bachelor's in Special Education or Bachelor's in Psychology. I already looked through the entry requirement list for both programmes and I'm eligible (I just need to take MUET, I've already signed up to join the second MUET session)

Ultimately I am very much interested in continuing my masters there as well, in their Masters in Developmental Psychology (I have the means to sambung belajar this far, so finances isn't a concern for me). Just like I mentioned in my prior post, I'm mainly interested in having a career that involves helping children of special needs. I've also thought about switching my major to psychology instead of education because I feel like studying psychology can help me prepare much better in pursuing this type of career, and developmental psychology is a field I am very much interested in studying in the future. But I don't mind which route I go for either way, whether that be through majoring in education or psychology. (+ I'm aware of potentially having to take extra classes for psychology since I started off with a different diploma to fulfill credit hours, and I'm aware that to really make a psych qualification more worth it you have to get a masters at the very least)

This post has been edited by sls0101: May 30 2024, 06:16 PM
hksgmy
post May 30 2024, 06:41 PM

Doraemon!
6,367 posts

QUOTE(sls0101 @ May 30 2024, 06:14 PM)
Hello, I made a post about furthering studies roughly 4 years ago here.

Now that I've graduated my diploma with a 3.36 CGPA (Early Childhood Education in priv uni) I am trying to narrow down places I want to further my bachelor's studies in.

I read up that you can apply to UKM directly through UKM International as a local, and the mode of teaching through this application will be in English language. I'm wondering if applying directly to UKM would be competitive?

I'm specifically looking to enroll in their Bachelor's in Special Education or Bachelor's in Psychology. I already looked through the entry requirement list for both programmes and I'm eligible (I just need to take MUET, I've already signed up to join the second MUET session)

Ultimately I am very much interested in continuing my masters there as well, in their Masters in Developmental Psychology (I have the means to sambung belajar this far, so finances isn't a concern for me). Just like I mentioned in my prior post, I'm mainly interested in having a career that involves helping children of special needs. I've also thought about switching my major to psychology instead of education because I feel like studying psychology can help me prepare much better in pursuing this type of career, and developmental psychology is a field I am very much interested in studying in the future. But I don't mind which route I go for either way, whether that be through majoring in education or psychology. (+ I'm aware of potentially having to take extra classes for psychology since I started off with a different diploma to fulfill credit hours, and I'm aware that to really make a psych qualification more worth it you have to get a masters at the very least)
Firstly congratulations on your graduation and achievement. I remember replying in your original thread and I’m glad to see that you’ve achieved your first step. I think any course in our local Unis will be competitive to get in, but I don’t see how that should affect your aims and ambitions. I wish you all the best in your journey.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    8.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:50 AM