Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guitar amplifier settings

views

TSplumberly
post May 9 2024, 07:32 PM, updated 4d ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,665 posts

I have tried different treble, mid and bass settings on my Yamaha amplifier and I dont like the sound I got (my acoustic guitar equaliser is set at about 50, 25 & 50%).

I know different settings for different amplifiers, guitars etc. But I appreciate it if you can share some tips for me to try and hopefully get the settings I like.

I have watched a few youtube videos but ...

Thanks.

raminguitar
post May 15 2024, 05:11 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ May 9 2024, 07:32 PM)
I have tried different treble, mid and bass settings on my Yamaha amplifier and I dont like the sound I got (my acoustic guitar equaliser is set at about 50, 25 & 50%).

I know different settings for different amplifiers, guitars etc. But I appreciate it if you can share some tips for me to try and hopefully get the settings I like.

I have watched a few youtube videos but ...

Thanks.
What amplifier (brand, model) and what acoustic guitar are you using?

I’m assuming that you’ve plugged an acoustic guitar into your amp, and that you’re not satisfied with its tone. Usually if the acoustic guitar has a cheap piezo pickup, it may not sound good (harsh/shrill/piercing sound), especially if the solid state amp is loud and clipping.

Generally, it’s advisable to use the clean channel volume set low (below 12 o’clock), then proceed with the treble, mid and bass knobs at 12 o’clock, and adjust accordingly to your taste.
TSplumberly
post May 15 2024, 05:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,665 posts

QUOTE(raminguitar @ May 15 2024, 05:11 PM)
What amplifier (brand, model) and what acoustic guitar are you using?

I’m assuming that you’ve plugged an acoustic guitar into your amp, and that you’re not satisfied with its tone.  Usually if the acoustic guitar has a cheap piezo pickup, it may not sound good (harsh/shrill/piercing sound), especially if the solid state amp is loud and clipping.

Generally, it’s advisable to use the clean channel volume set low (below 12 o’clock), then proceed with the treble, mid and bass knobs at 12 o’clock, and adjust accordingly to your taste.
Noted and thanks.

Both are Yamaha.

Found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpgsjjGlnTk (7:47 onwards)

and I have tried it. Still not the tone I want.

Maybe the nice tone one hears has been adjusted in audacity etc.

Guess just use what I can get. Ha.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:30 PM