Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dating apps, Is it just another way to make money?

views

nicole_4ever
post May 11 2024, 03:37 AM

On my way
576 posts

QUOTE(NAVEE @ May 9 2024, 11:37 AM)
I am also slowly getting used to being single now. Getting emotionally tired from trying dating apps.

Dating app feels very disconnected. Those that I match with r also very cautious when chatting so things slowly die off. Don't feel like they have the intrest in getting to know each other.
Yea, as user, I am lazy to response anymore😂 i mean in dating app
TSNapalm_man
post May 11 2024, 09:16 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(nicole_4ever @ May 11 2024, 03:33 AM)
I am not sure what i want after went through a short relationship like maybe 2 or 3 years ago and from what i can said about myself in that moment, i don't care how he looks at all (tbh, he is way below average) and he is even barely can pay for our date (AA, and it doesn't bother me at all).

The funniest part, he does care about how I look and how much I earned (my observation won't go wrong). He left me during my toughest time.
So, when every time i am trying to know someone, i will automatically tell them, I am  over 100kg (which is true previously) or how ugly I am. I do not want to waste anybody time. End up, not even one online person was keep in my phone list.

Time fast forward, I am tired doing this and slowly giving up about having someone to come into my life.
Similar to me, i also inform other girls first hand that i just below average and not tall in height(you can check my post in love classified). But i set a standard for me, i rather to be ugly but healthy and fit than ugly and overweight. I took care of my hygiene as well, cut my nails, my hair, shave my face, take care of my teeth, wearing fresh clothes when going out, use deodorant and no funny smell etc. It’s exhausting though always trying to chase someone not knowing if they will accept us, at the end we might just let it flow and focus on ourselves instead. Like today we can withdraw our KWSP account 3 funds, i plan to clear off my credit card debt as my goal now is to stabilise my finance then get a house by 2025-2025.

-mystery-
post May 11 2024, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,374 posts

QUOTE(NAVEE @ May 9 2024, 11:37 AM)
I am also slowly getting used to being single now. Getting emotionally tired from trying dating apps.

Dating app feels very disconnected. Those that I match with r also very cautious when chatting so things slowly die off. Don't feel like they have the intrest in getting to know each other.
you get emotionally tired not because of external circumstances but yourself. Find your issue and dont blame outside for your inadequacy.
siew14
post May 13 2024, 04:34 PM

Enthusiast
844 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ Apr 18 2024, 03:17 PM)
Last weekend i was lepak with some friends, you know typical blow water session. Then we talk about dating apps, sharing our experience etc. I do have use dating apps, since i'm single so why not right?

We all know that dating apps works by both party liking each other, you like me then i like you and we matched then we chat then see how far we can go. The apps will blurred those who liked us, in order to see who those people are or more accurately to see if the other person are attractive or no, the apps requires you to subscribe.

One of my friends came out with this theory or whatever you guys called it, if you did not subscribe then chances of you getting likes are quite high if you at least looks average. that is how the apps fish or tricks us to subscribe. And after we subscribed, we got less to no likes. I did subscribe to CMB once, and i noticed my friend here is right. No subscribe, i get like 10 likes with my shit face. But then when i subscribe to see those ladies, our conversation just died not long after even with casual or normal conversation. Even met some scammers on the way, you know those pig butcher scam like we see over the internet and even here in LYN got some people sharing their experience.

Oh yes i did get 1 or 2 dates, but it didn't work out and they just ghosted me. I can see they just suddenly lost interest even though i'm trying to keep the conversation alive, could be because i got a shit face.

So what do you think of this? Is dating apps just focus on making money instead of really helping people to make some friends or get a date? Share your experience as well.
During the early stage of CMB, if the profile likes you, and the profile appeared in your 12pm list of profiles, the profile will have a notification say that this person likes you one, but now they totally removed it..

And then they introduced, who like me feature, where CMB subscriber can see who has liked em. Then i remember this feature got bug/loophole, where you still can gauge who has like you when swiping the profile. This is because despite profile is blurred in the who like me, still can agak agak guess which profile has liked me if you do the comparison lah. In addition, you still get to swipe profile who like you or not, even didnt subscribe the services.

And lately APP is quite cheeky, purposely show 10-20 peoples like you, but somehow when you swipe ah, you wont get to swipe them one... The amount of people who like you, will remain there, meaning, you wont have a chance to swipe their profile..

But anyway, whats important is a good profile and know how to chat with opposite sex, those subscription is just additional tools to do analysis on your matches...

why i say analysis, because those profile stats such as last online, whether send first messages, how often they reply a message, can tell you alot about the person behavior in the app. haha.
TSNapalm_man
post May 15 2024, 01:03 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ May 13 2024, 04:34 PM)
During the early stage of CMB, if the profile likes you, and the profile appeared in your 12pm list of profiles, the profile will have a notification say that this person likes you one, but now they totally removed it..

And then they introduced, who like me feature, where CMB subscriber can see who has liked em. Then i remember this feature got bug/loophole, where you still can gauge who has like you when swiping the profile. This is because despite profile is blurred in the who like me, still can agak agak guess which profile has liked me if you do the comparison lah. In addition, you still get to swipe profile who like you or not, even didnt subscribe the services.
And lately APP is quite cheeky, purposely show 10-20 peoples like you, but somehow when you swipe ah, you wont get to swipe them one... The amount of people who like you, will remain there, meaning, you wont have a chance to swipe their profile.. 

But anyway, whats important is a good profile and know how to chat with opposite sex, those subscription is just additional tools to do analysis on your matches...

why i say analysis, because those profile stats such as last online, whether send first messages, how often they reply a message, can tell you alot about the person behavior in the app. haha.
Good point there, perhaps due to apps bugs for not able to swipez

Besides not getting matches, I think the worst would be matched with pig butchering scammers. Early stage it was all happy chatting, share some photos and videos even voice chats. Then not even a week, they start introducing forex/bitcoin trading or some money games. How much they earned, then inviting you to join them. These scammers took advantages on those single people, boys and girls also felt for it.

Few months back i received this picture from a match, lol when i question her she just pusing2 and then stop talking.

user posted image
NAVEE
post May 16 2024, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ May 15 2024, 01:03 PM)
Good point there, perhaps due to apps bugs for not able to swipez

Besides not getting matches, I think the worst would be matched with pig butchering scammers. Early stage it was all happy chatting, share some photos and videos even voice chats. Then not even a week, they start introducing forex/bitcoin trading or some money games. How much they earned, then inviting you to join them. These scammers took advantages on those single people, boys and girls also felt for it.

Few months back i received this picture from a match, lol when i question her she just pusing2 and then stop talking.

user posted image
I never receive such scammer matches before. Hahahaha. Dont know wanna say I envious or sad cos they look me no up.
TSNapalm_man
post May 16 2024, 12:50 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(NAVEE @ May 16 2024, 12:15 PM)
I never receive such scammer matches before. Hahahaha. Dont know wanna say I envious or sad cos they look me no up.
Here’s couple of hints, previously their story is that they’re Malaysian working in China or Singapore etc. Nowadays they use Malaysia phone numbers, even have instagram account with stolen pictures. The chat are pretty decent, sharing stories etc. within a week, they will tell you about those money games or investment or trading they been up to and earned decent amount of money. That’s a red flag, when you questioning them about it they’ll just spin around or accuse you being sensitive. Saying “You changed so fast, i don’t know what’s wrong with sharing experiences about making money.” etc.

Long story short, don’t get too attached first on those matches. Once they start talking about money or investment or trading, you can block them because they only want to scam you.

This post has been edited by Napalm_man: May 16 2024, 06:31 PM
redracer2004
post May 16 2024, 03:14 PM

Regular
1,002 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ May 16 2024, 12:50 PM)
Here’s couple of hints, previously their story is that they’re Malaysian workers in China or Singapore etc. Nowadays they use Malaysia phone numbers, even have instagram account with stole pictures. The chat are pretty decent, sharing stories etc. within a week, they will tell you about those money games or investment or trading they been up to and earned decent amount of money. That’s a red flag, when you questioning them about it they’ll just spin around or accuse you being sensitive. Saying “You changed so fast, i don’t know what’s wrong with sharing experiences about making money.” etc.

Long story short, don’t get too attached first on those matches. Once they start talking about money or investment or trading, you can block them because they only want to scam you.
Yeaps but nowadays we have something new, Amway agents. They first will seem very interested to talk to you. Asking all your interests and all, then suddenly say want to just meet new friends and come out for a drink / food. End up, they want you to join their Amway.
TSNapalm_man
post May 16 2024, 04:21 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(redracer2004 @ May 16 2024, 03:14 PM)
Yeaps but nowadays we have something new, Amway agents. They first will seem very interested to talk to you. Asking all your interests and all, then suddenly say want to just meet new friends and come out for a drink / food. End up, they want you to join their Amway.
That’s definitely something what my insurance friends will do
-mystery-
post May 16 2024, 04:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,374 posts

QUOTE(redracer2004 @ May 16 2024, 03:14 PM)
you can instantly feel whether someone is interested making friends. When you ask them questions they will tend to avoid answering it instead they will make sure you talk more than them.

thats typical insurance agents i encountered
magicforumer
post Yesterday, 01:43 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ Apr 18 2024, 04:17 PM)
Last weekend i was lepak with some friends, you know typical blow water session. Then we talk about dating apps, sharing our experience etc. I do have use dating apps, since i'm single so why not right?

We all know that dating apps works by both party liking each other, you like me then i like you and we matched then we chat then see how far we can go. The apps will blurred those who liked us, in order to see who those people are or more accurately to see if the other person are attractive or no, the apps requires you to subscribe.

One of my friends came out with this theory or whatever you guys called it, if you did not subscribe then chances of you getting likes are quite high if you at least looks average. that is how the apps fish or tricks us to subscribe. And after we subscribed, we got less to no likes. I did subscribe to CMB once, and i noticed my friend here is right. No subscribe, i get like 10 likes with my shit face. But then when i subscribe to see those ladies, our conversation just died not long after even with casual or normal conversation. Even met some scammers on the way, you know those pig butcher scam like we see over the internet and even here in LYN got some people sharing their experience.

Oh yes i did get 1 or 2 dates, but it didn't work out and they just ghosted me. I can see they just suddenly lost interest even though i'm trying to keep the conversation alive, could be because i got a shit face.

So what do you think of this? Is dating apps just focus on making money instead of really helping people to make some friends or get a date? Share your experience as well.
Actually this CMB app is the best. If you want to use another app, that would be FB dating. The other apps can forget about them (the yield is low as you only swipe without a chance to even chat on the app.)

CMB focuses on showing attractive profiles on the Discover page - so that you may be tempted to buy beans (CMB currency) to send her e-flowers. It will tend to display girls with similar occupation as yours but with you out of the criteria most of the time.

The premium subscription helps because it gives you some free e-flowers every month to make you stand out, and also help you to identify suspicious profiles by displaying their chat statistics. If its too good to be true, then there is a high chance of scam/fake profiles. Often there will be a picture of attractive pretty girl who chats 100% with everyone and sends the first message 100% all the time, and they response within less than 1 hour, sometimes even 15min.

Genuine attractive girl profiles often have 0% chat initiation and they chat with less than half with their matches. Even then, it is only a screening method. The best way to avoid being scammed is to meet up at an agreed place/time and ask her Whatsapp after meeting up. Sometimes the girl will leave her Whatsapp number in the CMB chat but have to be careful should you choose to text her on Whatsapp (sometimes its just scammers fishing for your number.)

One way to identify scammers is the way they chat with you. They will tend to agree with you on things (whatever general shit it is), and then tell you things such as:
1) the app is laggy (but they responded way faster than most than other girls)
2) i hardly use this app

Other patterns are
3) profiles descriptions that are bare minimum (they don't reveal their uni/occupation/text description of themselves) but yet eagerly give you their number (especially when u didn't chat much)
4) or mentioning professions that make them more trustable

Often CMB would send you email telling you that they had frozen some profile matches (due to reports of scamming activity)

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:52 PM