1. STATE your budget (RM 4k, RM 2.5k, RM 8k........whatever......)
2. STATE the parts that you wish to re-use (like hard disk, or monitor)
3. STATE your purpose. (Surfing Internet, Watch videos, Downloading, Storage / Print server, Computer gaming..........)
- 3a. If computer gaming - STATE the game, Web Based Games? Flash / JAVA games? (like those in Yahoo!), Old PC Games, Latest PC Games
- 3b. State the monitor you're using and also gaming preference (do you mind not playing in full detail? do you mind playing at low details?)
4. STATE your intended purchase date
5. STATE your preference (AMD or Intel, ATI or nVidia, must have MSI board, monitor must not be LG........whatever)
6. Check the other threads for ideas / inspiration on what setup you could achieve with your budget.
- Kindly state your current or intended computer spec.
- Remember to include your PSU brand / make as this is crucial, we wouldn't want to recommend something that doesn't work on the system.
- state your budget, and the type of games you intend to play.
By following the above guidelines, you will
1. get your answers faster
2. get better (more accurate) answers
3. you don't waste other forummer's time recommending you things that you don't need or don't want. It's not nice to do that to others. They put their time to setup a rig combo for you to have you shot down by some preference issues that you did not mention earlier. Respect other forummers' time and effort.
To the rest of you who are already familiar with this section, you can also give feedback on what to add to the above list.
If you see anyone posting vague requests, don't bother setting up a rig. Forward them here first so.
This post has been edited by goldfries: Feb 29 2012, 01:16 AM