Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tuition centres and 'seminar SPM', tip sebenar, Your opinion

views

Shoki
post Nov 4 2009, 10:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,139 posts

You still have to read A to Z.

Anyways, sitting down for a few hours will never turn your C/D into A.
z21j
post Nov 4 2009, 12:27 PM

Regular
1,307 posts

i went both cekap and kasturi during my time... their tip... erm... is the topic that u will be expected to be come out in ur exams... meaning they only pick those famous topic, and choose a few not famous topic...

in term of ketepatan... kasturi 50-50 (tips tepat-tips tak tepat)... cekap 35-65... therefore, no1 can guarantee what will come out...

bt, dun listen to certain ppl here... "going seminar cos of kiasu/waste of time or wat..".... SPM is ur only once chance... so, it is recommended to attend seminar; for ur own benefit.

Another advice will be, form a group of 3 of 4 of u... go different seminar, and compare those similarity... it happens in my year; whereby the similarity reli come out..

If I gabung all tips from kasturi, perfection, cekap and 1 more tuition centre in rawang (i 4gotten the name, start with s).... then the reliability tips will be 75-25.

good luck...

#disclaimer... the figure above mentioned is with my personal opinion, nothing to do with real statistic.
chungdavi
post Nov 4 2009, 02:35 PM

Keep Calm and Keep Cubing
619 posts

I remember last time when I was PMR, I went for the seminar at Martin......

1 of the teacher was looking so serious and telling us that he can't show us the questions, but can only tell us which part will be coming out, not even reading the questions.......

Then I went for some so called 'Soalan Ramalan' seminar........
And guess what, only English subject was 'half' accurate, meaning only 1 part they 'ramal' accurately.....

I also heard that some seminars from other tuition center are more accurate something like that.......duh......

I didn't attend even 1 seminar for my SPM......
Cause I think I can depend on my own study......not those so called 'ramalan'......
z21j
post Nov 4 2009, 03:26 PM

Regular
1,307 posts

QUOTE(chungdavi @ Nov 4 2009, 02:35 PM)
I remember last time when I was PMR, I went for the seminar at Martin......

1 of the teacher was looking so serious and telling us that he can't show us the questions, but can only tell us which part will be coming out, not even reading the questions.......

Then I went for some so called 'Soalan Ramalan' seminar........
And guess what, only English subject was 'half' accurate, meaning only 1 part they 'ramal' accurately.....

I also heard that some seminars from other tuition center are more accurate something like that.......duh......

I didn't attend even 1 seminar for my SPM......
Cause I think I can depend on my own study......not those so called 'ramalan'......
ramalan maybe useful as the guidance for revision/exams. Just like u nit teacher/lecturer to guide u in academic, advisor for u to run gerko...
without ramalan, u may find it difficult when doing revision especially when u lack of time, eventhough it may not come out, but... v r just try luck if the question cum out v vil score...

some ppl lagi pelik, study those part which is not in ramalan- in year 2006, it is the new "study style" for my cousin, he said it works! He said since some many ramalan tak kena, then go for non-ramalan question... (notice that ramalan question has been explained during seminar and no need to do revision again)... i wonder how is the study style of 2009. No need ramalan at all?
chungdavi
post Nov 4 2009, 03:42 PM

Keep Calm and Keep Cubing
619 posts

QUOTE(z21j @ Nov 4 2009, 03:26 PM)
ramalan maybe useful as the guidance for revision/exams. Just like u nit teacher/lecturer to guide u in academic, advisor for u to run gerko...
without ramalan, u may find it difficult when doing revision especially when u lack of time, eventhough it may not come out, but... v r just try luck if the question cum out v vil score...

some ppl lagi pelik, study those part which is not in ramalan- in year 2006, it is the new "study style" for my cousin, he said it works! He said since some many ramalan tak kena, then go for non-ramalan question... (notice that ramalan question has been explained during seminar and no need to do revision again)... i wonder how is the study style of 2009. No need ramalan at all?
But sometimes students will just focus on ramalan parts without studying for other parts....then start blaming the tuition centers....lol....
Might as well just study yourself if that's the case.....

But if the teacher spot the questions based on past year papers, and ask you to study some parts much earlier before the exam, this helps much more than going to seminars of 'ramalan'.....

Lol, this might work, if the 'ramalan' parts are those parts which won't come out for the real exam.....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.82    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:31 PM