Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

others Google Pixel 8 Series

views

Epic_winner091
post Apr 13 2024, 09:08 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

What are the best shops on Lazada or Shopee for a Pixel 8?
cruzzmz
post Apr 13 2024, 06:01 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,307 posts

QUOTE(ws0125 @ Apr 12 2024, 11:24 AM)
Am using original cable in the box but with Ugreen charging adapter.
So I went to service center and was told that happens due to adapter not compatible.
Which service centre??
I dont think so I am both using ugreen cable and baseus 65w and it don't have this problem since pixel 6

This post has been edited by cruzzmz: Apr 13 2024, 06:25 PM
saru04
post Apr 14 2024, 12:08 PM

1,357 posts

Anyone feedback on P8P so far?

I saw quite a lot of users saying that the battery is not comparable to other flagships but just curious how would it last for a light / medium usage?
MengJim
post Apr 14 2024, 03:16 PM

45 posts

hello pixel sifus, recently I bought a P8P UK 512gb variant then after a week of use it auto shutdown and went to bootloop.
I went back to the store that I purchased with, they charged me a fees and did something to the phone and able to boot after that (probably flashing?).
They say the reason that I hit bootloop is because I jailbreak the device which I did not and say some of the file went missing.
After few days of using, the same problem happen again, the device just shutdown and hit bootloop again.

What I have tried so far
1. force shutdown restart it again - hit bootloop on Google logo
2. try to boot into recovery/rescue mode with no success (went back to the bootloader menu)
3. if I am able to get into rescue mode, I use the googlerepair tools on chrome but hit error with my OTA version is latest and unsupported with the repair tool
4. drain the battery and restart the phone - bootloop
5. if I am able to get into recovery mode, hit wipe/format device, able to boot for awhile then bootloop

What else I can try?
1. Don't want to send back to the same shop as they wont help me claim warranty and will charge me for service fees and suspect me for jailbreaking
2. Any more tools to try before sending to another reputable repair shop
3. Is there any service center in Malaysia
4. If I were to claim the warranty, what is the step needed

selphy
post Apr 14 2024, 09:32 PM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(Epic_winner091 @ Apr 13 2024, 09:08 AM)
I have purchased a few Pixels from Shirogawa before. I believe he has a store at Shopee. Try searching for Shirogawa there. He is based in Terengganu, I believe but packs the phones really securely, and also will help with warranty if needed.

QUOTE(saru04 @ Apr 14 2024, 12:08 PM)
Anyone feedback on P8P so far?

I saw quite a lot of users saying that the battery is not comparable to other flagships but just curious how would it last for a light / medium usage?
Hard to give battery usage comparisons but for me, with 5g (auto), no AOD, bluetooth connected to the pixel watch, it can last me a day easily, with screen on time of roughly 6-8 hours. Mostly Chrome, whatsapp and youtube, with some camera usage.

QUOTE(MengJim @ Apr 14 2024, 03:16 PM)
hello pixel sifus, recently I bought a P8P UK 512gb variant then after a week of use it auto shutdown and went to bootloop.
I went back to the store that I purchased with, they charged me a fees and did something to the phone and able to boot after that (probably flashing?).
They say the reason that I hit bootloop is because I jailbreak the device which I did not and say some of the file went missing.
After few days of using, the same problem happen again, the device just shutdown and hit bootloop again.

What I have tried so far
2. try to boot into recovery/rescue mode with no success (went back to the bootloader menu)
3. if I am able to get into rescue mode, I use the googlerepair tools on chrome but hit error with my OTA version is latest and unsupported with the repair tool
5. if I am able to get into recovery mode, hit wipe/format device, able to boot for awhile then bootloop

What else I can try?
1. Don't want to send back to the same shop as they wont help me claim warranty and will charge me for service fees and suspect me for jailbreaking
Ouch, sorry to hear that. It sounds like an internal hardware problem (motherboard etc) if it has been reflashed before and still causes bootloops. When you said (3) rescue mode/googlerepair tools, do you mean the Android Flash Tool? If not, I suggest trying that one and doing a full flash, force flash all partitions, lock bootloader and wipe options enabled. Here is the one for the P8P (link below). Hope this helps

Android Flash Tool

saru04
post Apr 15 2024, 01:02 AM

1,357 posts

QUOTE(selphy @ Apr 14 2024, 09:32 PM)
Hard to give battery usage comparisons but for me, with 5g (auto), no AOD, bluetooth connected to the pixel watch, it can last me a day easily, with screen on time of roughly 6-8 hours. Mostly Chrome, whatsapp and youtube, with some camera usage.
Thank you for sharing. My usage will be pretty similar to yours but without the bluetooth to watch part.
saru04
post Apr 15 2024, 01:31 AM

1,357 posts

Sorry but is there any common issues found in the P8P that i should be aware of?

Like the P6 series was known to be buggy.
fkinmeng
post Apr 15 2024, 10:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,188 posts

What I have tried so far

What else I can try?
which store did you buy from? is it new set or 2nd hand set?
MengJim
post Apr 15 2024, 02:18 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Apr 15 2024, 10:39 AM)
which store did you buy from? is it new set or 2nd hand set?
Smart Gadget Trading @ lowyat, new sealed set. any advise?
cruzzmz
post Apr 15 2024, 03:38 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,307 posts

QUOTE(saru04 @ Apr 15 2024, 01:31 AM)
Sorry but is there any common issues found in the P8P that i should be aware of?

Like the P6 series was known to be buggy.
i never understand where is the buggy part since i used it for 2+ years now with no complaint after the 2nd update from google ... just maybe it cant get 5g ever hahaha

wait for p9p and most likely will have more AI features than samsung and plus more goodies
saru04
post Apr 15 2024, 03:41 PM

1,357 posts

I see, been tempted to get the P8P for a while. Feel like its time to scratch the itch. Haha
cruzzmz
post Apr 15 2024, 03:42 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,307 posts

What I have tried so far

What else I can try?
try flashing it with an official rom from google
Pixel Factory Image

need to go to fastboot mode and use the flash tool to flash
search for the how to in youtube there are a lot

that is the problem buying from local shop they will always find a way to fuk you whistling.gif
fkinmeng
post Apr 16 2024, 11:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,188 posts

QUOTE(MengJim @ Apr 15 2024, 02:18 PM)
Smart Gadget Trading @ lowyat, new sealed set. any advise?
it's sealed set but is it new? did you check it? anyone can do a sealed set now, just a wrapping.

anyway, you can try post at Google Pixel Phone Malaysia FB page, there are quite a few that are active there, also have those that can help repair with a fee of course.
MengJim
post Apr 16 2024, 05:37 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Apr 15 2024, 03:42 PM)
try flashing it with an official rom from google
Pixel Factory Image

need to go to fastboot mode and use the flash tool to flash
search for the how to in youtube there are a lot

that is the problem buying from local shop they will always find a way to fuk you  whistling.gif
sadly bootloader locked

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Apr 16 2024, 0, 11:05 AM)
it's sealed set but is it new? did you check it? anyone can do a sealed set now, just a wrapping.

anyway, you can try post at Google Pixel Phone Malaysia FB page, there are quite a few that are active there, also have those that can help repair with a fee of course.
buy on the spot, box with the 2 sealed paper pull thing, cable still with the paper seal, screen stick the the paper, probably legit.

Anyone try sending for warranty before?

This post has been edited by MengJim: Apr 16 2024, 05:45 PM
cruzzmz
post Apr 16 2024, 06:08 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,307 posts

QUOTE(MengJim @ Apr 16 2024, 05:37 PM)
sadly bootloader locked
buy on the spot, box with the 2 sealed paper pull thing, cable still with the paper seal, screen stick the the paper, probably legit.
Anyone try sending for warranty before?
Now it can't even power up? Or u can enter fastboot?

Warranty the closest is sg but not sure if they accept others than sg set

This post has been edited by cruzzmz: Apr 17 2024, 06:38 AM
MengJim
post Apr 17 2024, 09:23 AM

45 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Apr 16 2024, 06:08 PM)
Now it can't even power up? Or u can enter fastboot?

Warranty the closest is sg but not sure if they accept others than sg set
Can boot and access Fastboot. Rescue/Recovery mode need some tries.
cruzzmz
post Apr 17 2024, 12:09 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,307 posts

QUOTE(MengJim @ Apr 17 2024, 09:23 AM)
Can boot and access Fastboot. Rescue/Recovery mode need some tries.
Then stuck at G logo?
MengJim
post Apr 17 2024, 12:53 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Apr 17 2024, 12:09 PM)
Then stuck at G logo?
So the usual booting step is
1. hold power button
2. phone start
3. screen show GOOGLE
4. screen show G logo
5. screen show G logo with loading bar
6. boot into system

the phone stuck on step 3, don't have the chance to reach G logo.

JimbeamofNRT
post Apr 17 2024, 08:10 PM

the Original Lanji@_ Chicken Rice Shop Since 2002
1,470 posts

QUOTE(Epic_winner091 @ Apr 13 2024, 09:08 AM)
you can try shirogawa , reasonable price

This post has been edited by JimbeamofNRT: Apr 17 2024, 10:31 PM

25 Pages « < 23 24 25Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:50 AM