Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best Destination for A Level in Malaysia

views

the_gsanc
post Sep 6 2009, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

Help University College, better study environment, experienced lecturers.

the_gsanc
post Sep 13 2009, 01:34 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(aaronwu @ Sep 12 2009, 09:52 PM)
Hmm.. i realised that HELP college is rather less- talked bout here, considering that it has the second highest amount of votes.

For me, i'm interested in taking Law. And i'm planning to take A levels in HELP. Is Cambridge A levels really so much superior than GCE A levels? Cuz I always thought that it doesn't reali make that much of a difference.

Anyways if we're taking into account colleges that offer GCE A levels only, is HELP the best? Could anyone elaborate more on the benefits of HELP please? Thanks.
Choosing help is a wiser choice.
I will probably go to HELP college A lvls next year too.
Hope to see you there
the_gsanc
post Sep 13 2009, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(C-Note @ Sep 13 2009, 12:52 PM)
I'm now in kind of a dilemma. MCKL and HELP are the only two colleges i know of that offer London board Alevels. From what i've gathered, MCKL has been producing world class students annually. One of my ex-schoolmate got perfect score in chemistry..ranked top10 in the world for it. I also found out that my friend's brother got 600/600 for physics just 3 months ago  shocking.gif Few of my friends ended up in Imperial and Cambridge on scholarship.

As for HELP, its reputable as its one of the 1st few colleges that crosses one's mind when asked 'which college u going ar?', apart from the oh-so-famous Taylors. Fees-wise, I think they are more or less the same since both range from 25000 to 27000 for 3sciences  + maths. For MCKL, u get 30% off for 6-7A1s, 50% for 8-9A1s and 100% for 9-10A1s. Can some1 verify the scholarship for HELP?
HELP has producing top students also. Didnt u see the newspaper ad that show HELP's students who got scholarship and entrance to world class unis ? As for fees, HELP is at the high side, close to 30K for A levels Arts. As I know, HELP offers scholarship to those 7As and above. Anyways, MCKL is not bad also but I think that HELP is more reputable.
the_gsanc
post Sep 13 2009, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(C-Note @ Sep 13 2009, 04:55 PM)
MCKL is less reputable most probably due to the fact that it is located next to a primary/secondary school and it certainly looks like one itself too..  sweat.gif however a new building is due to open for 2010 students. MCKL is more of a tight-knit community so students can get help easily. Discipline is rather good there from what i heard. Not sure if i want to spend so much on Pre-U for the same course u can get at any other colleges at a much cheaper rate. How many ppl are there in each class in HELP?
According to the counsellor from HELP, the class is about 30 students.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0372sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:23 PM