Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best Destination for A Level in Malaysia

views

despair89
post Dec 8 2007, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

what about Kolej Tunku Abdul Rahman?
RM6k+ for Cambridge A-levels, tope class facilities [huge ass library, olympic-size swimming pool, tennis bball badminton courts, etc etc]
yes darn fine lecturers too.

if you dont mind the more chinese educated demographic, TAR is a mighty good choice for a-levels.

And i disagree with people who claim that the name of college actually makes a difference. I dont think this is like being in university where the institution has a huge impact on your future prospects.

A-levels [cambridge, at the least] - set by the same orang putihs from london, marked by the same orang putihs from london. no matter if ur from taylors, tarc, or hong kong, its the same. why pay more? you tell me.
despair89
post Dec 10 2007, 01:55 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

bear in mind that help's a-levels is modular instead of linear, as opposed to Cambridge a-levels.
despair89
post Dec 18 2007, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(pumpkinn @ Dec 17 2007, 12:47 PM)
A level in HELP is the London board's. as my fren told me, those universities in UK will always prefer Cambridge board students especially for some professional courses like medicine and etc. TARC's A level do not provide certain subjects like thinking skills which is available in Taylor's. if im not mistaken, my fren who took A level in TARC told me, TARC don provide some compulsory subjects like malaysian studies and moral which are a MUST to complete them in order to grad in M'sia. taking these subjects in university is quite a waste of time.
Entry into universities are based on Principal subjects. Even General Paper do not count as much as cores such as Mathematics, Physics, etc.

QUOTE(azmihamzah @ Dec 18 2007, 06:07 PM)

Added on December 18, 2007, 6:08 pmErmmm... why there isn't TARC in the poll?
No idea, maybe people here are bandwagon jumpers and more inclined to follow the "taylor-and-HELP-is-the-best-because-they-advertise-on-the-papers-and-my-friends-tell-me-a-lot-about-it" mantra.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0432sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:19 PM