Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best Destination for A Level in Malaysia

views

Hikari0307
post Apr 2 2010, 02:36 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(ameerul_marilyn @ Apr 2 2010, 05:56 AM)
i can't with you more. I'm now studying in Liverpool doing my Gcse's  this year and we had some student meetings telling us what's best for us next year. they told me to take 4 subjects for the first year and drop one at the end of the first year as it will increase you final points for A levels. but i'm not sure wether you can drop a subject in malaysia like we can over here.

Btw, i heard that you need to do some subjects in Taylors which is compulsory or whatnot, is this true ? hope somebody can help  brows.gif  hmm.gif
I don't know about other places but in Taylor's yes you can take 4 subjects first and decide to drop 1 if you think you can't cope with it halfway.
The only compulsory subjects for CAL in Taylor's would be Thinking Skills during AS Level and the MQA Compulsory Subjects if you are a Malaysia (Moral/Islamic Studies and Malaysian Studies and Bahasa Kebangsaan A if a credit in BM was not achieved)
Hikari0307
post May 2 2010, 09:51 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(gnixchin @ May 2 2010, 04:20 PM)
for taylor's
which campus has the best lecturers for a levels econs, maths, f maths, physics?

and is the combination of subject above good for a degree in actuarial science or economies?
im planning to go LSE, UK after ALevels
Both Subang Jaya and Sri Hartamas campuses has the same quality of lecturers ^^ Though I prefer the environment in Subang and it's cheaper too and more fun there in my opinion XD
On the combi I don't quite know have to ask somebody more pro XD
Hikari0307
post Dec 6 2010, 10:34 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(eve93 @ Dec 6 2010, 08:38 PM)
Hi, i'm having trouble choosing colleges to pursue for A-level......I have KYUEM, taylor's and sunway in mind but i don't really know which is good....can anyone plese recommend me? another question is, are there alot of malay students studying in KYUEM?  i heard my friends telling me that KYUEM accepts only Malay students and KYUEM has majority of malay students? is it true? please.....I need an Answer!! cry.gif
KYUEM doesn't accept only Malay students though majority of students there are JPA,MARA etc. scholars and since majority of those are malays the huge majority there are malays.
Hikari0307
post Dec 30 2010, 02:25 AM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(eve93 @ Dec 29 2010, 11:38 PM)
no hui1189, i didn't get any offer letter from kyuem.......but i thought of applying it.....my forecast result isn't tht good....i only got 5 A's.....guess you got straight A's that's why ther sent you an offer letter........i heard tht kyuem has lots of malay students....i dont really know it's true or not but now i applied for sunway's a level already......how bout u?
they have a majority of malay students because a majority of their students are sponsored students and majority of those are malays.
Hikari0307
post Jan 14 2011, 12:53 AM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(itscarmenc @ Jan 14 2011, 12:04 AM)
Taylors hartamas is 35k total (i think)
KYUEM is 60k
Taylor's College Subang Jaya
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q0ZXC6NU
Hikari0307
post Jan 14 2011, 02:09 AM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(SRLee @ Jan 14 2011, 01:52 AM)
Hey guys,

I'm interested in studying medicine (MBBS).

What subjects should I take in A-Level (Edexcel)?

Does taking more subjects do any good?

Or is it recommended to just take the minimum requirement?

Thanks!
Math, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
Hikari0307
post Jan 27 2011, 11:37 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Jan 27 2011, 09:58 PM)
My a-level TARC's friend told me that if one doesn't pass in any one of the subjects, the merit scholarship will be cancelled. Is this true in other colleges or is it TARC only? I am afraid of this because I never did well in my school exams but I can do very well in big exams like UPSR and PMR.
Each scholarship have different terms and conditions. Even several scholarships in the same institution will have different terms. Though most merit scholarships that goes on for the whole duration of the course does seem to ask students to maintain certain marks. You have to check specifically for each
Hikari0307
post Mar 21 2011, 09:45 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(kencul @ Mar 21 2011, 09:39 PM)
Pardon my asking, for my clarification purposes , is there any difference between, for eg.,  4As in Cambridge A Levels and  4As of Edexcel A Levels, is it the same grade qualification for , let's say medical courses.
thanks.
No difference, the different boards are treated the same.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0452sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:43 AM