Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Rules & Regulation of This Forum, please read......

views

TSgoldfries
post Sep 4 2007, 12:58 AM, updated 11y ago

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,326 posts

Hi People,

To make life easier on anyone and everyone else who's going to view your thread about your blog, I would suggest that you try to follow the guidelines here.

No, you WILL NOT be penalized for not following this but it'll be good if you do. biggrin.gif As I said, make it easier for everyone.

For Topic Tag
Since you are sharing a link to your blog, please tag your topic as "Linkshare".

For Topic Title
Please put your blog title or URL. (there's no need a title like goldfries' blog cos if it was started by you, it's obviously your blog.)

For Topic Description
Put whatever you wish to describe your blog.

For the Post Content

Try to have it like this
------
Blog Title : goldfries
Blog Address : http://www.goldfries.com/ <=-- yes, put the HTTP:// there. if you want people to visit, at least have the decency to make it convenient. smile.gif with the HTTP// in front the forum system automatically makes it a link, so viewers don't have to copy and paste on browser address input. And yeah, make sure there's no other thing in front of the HTTP://
Description : goldfries : in person is the personal website of goldfries. What's this site all about? It's all about goldfries as a web designer, tech enthusiasts, blogger and photographer in Malaysia.
------

biggrin.gif Why the above? By doing so, it would greatly help viewers to appreciate your site (or your work) better while those who have no interest in the topic could just decide to skip. It's not nice to click a blog and having to go through the details (posts or categories if any) in order to figure out what is the focus of your blog.

And yeah, if you wish to have comments & feedbacks. Remember to request for it, or else people may just click and leave without giving you any.

Thank you. smile.gif Help us to appreciate your blog better.

This post has been edited by goldfries: May 14 2010, 01:45 PM
TSgoldfries
post Oct 17 2007, 01:30 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,326 posts

1. Be Polite

2. No ONE-LINER. No SPAM. Constructive posts are encouraged.

3. Each one is allowed a thread that's dedicated to their blog(s). smile.gif DO NOT start a new thread just for your new post. Or just for the sake of getting attention for your blog again. A thread for you, is a thread for you. Simple as that. Not more than 1.

4. If you have something to share, just give the link directly (However if it goes back to your own blog, then refer to Rule #3), and also bear in mind that it's not nice to purposely put the link on your post, forcing people to visit your post first before able to get to the link. It's not a respectable way to draw crowd.

5. Please tag your topics properly.

6. No thread Hijacking, for example........

QUOTE(xxxx @ Oct 16 2007, 06:15 PM)
Well, that's unique!
Not bad too...

My blog
http://www.www123123123.org
Please, people start a thread for their blog or discussion - DO NOT HIJACK like the above. Be fair la, if you start your own thread, you wouldn't like it if 10 other respondents are begging you to visit their thread.

7. If you have questions related to your subscribed service provider, DO NOT ASK HERE. Why? Because you should be asking your service provider instead. When you subscribed to their service, they would've handed you their support / helpdesk contact.

8. Please do not post content / link / download that infringes COPYRIGHT.

9. Don't ask to be spoon-fed eg. how do i register PayPal? - if you have some form of intelligence, the ability to read and the ability to use Web Browser to register at Lowyat.net - you WOULD be at least capable of going through the registration process of almost any other website.

YOU are however, allowed to post articles / posts from your blog IF you find it helpful to the topic at hand.

Repeat your mistakes a few times and you'll get a warn. smile.gif

---------------------

9 Rules only, not hard to follow isn't it? smile.gif

This post has been edited by goldfries: Nov 23 2008, 11:50 PM
wKkaY
post Jan 4 2008, 03:15 AM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
Admin
5,956 posts

Here's a quick rundown of the tags in this forum. Please choose the closest tag that matches your topic to improve organization of information in this forum. Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Linkshare - Choose this when you want to share a link, for example a link to your blog.

Blogosphere.MY - Topics about the Malaysian blogosphere community, e.g. meetups, gossip, events.

Advertising - Topics on advertising whether as a publisher or advertiser. This is not for you to advertise your services - please do that in the Services Noticeboard instead!

Hosting - Topics about webhosting in general.

News - Got relevant news to share? Use this tag!

Blog/Forum/CMS Management - Topics related to the administration and management of blogs/forum/CMSes, for example templating, scripting, modules.

Web Services - Topics dedicated to the various web services, for example Google, flickr, Amazon AWS.

E-commerce - Topics about E-commerce.

SEO - And then about SEO.

None of the above - "Dan lain-lain", for topics not covered by the above.

This post has been edited by goldfries: Jan 4 2008, 03:43 AM
Magnarod
post Oct 22 2008, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

Is that mean multiple blogs authored by the same person is restricted to 1 thread only?
SeeD
post Oct 30 2008, 07:03 PM

I Love Bubbles
6,728 posts

Repeat your mistakes 5 times and you'll get a warn.

I think I got my warning after repeating only 2 mistakes.
TSgoldfries
post Oct 31 2008, 12:40 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,326 posts

you using vulgar word mah, that one 1 time also enough to get you a warn.
ah_heng
post Oct 31 2008, 12:52 AM

Casual
471 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Oct 31 2008, 12:40 AM)
you using vulgar word mah, that one 1 time also enough to get you a warn.
There was once I put down one-line (albeit constructive), I got banned for 3 days and 10% warning. ???? Wither consistency?
TSgoldfries
post Oct 31 2008, 01:14 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,326 posts

QUOTE(ah_heng @ Oct 31 2008, 12:52 AM)
There was once I put down one-line (albeit constructive), I got banned for 3 days and 10% warning. ???? Wither consistency?
dude, either you're
a) stupid
b) ignorant
c) just finding fault

you were given 10% warn + 3 days banned because of your offense at RWI - clearly that section has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY and stated clearly "RWI is for mature and orderly discussions, not for one line 'kopitiam' style replies. Immediate 3 days suspension for violation"

and what section is this? Blogmasters & Webmasters
chuckiecotton
post Nov 17 2010, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

So, I can post a new thread in Blogmasters and the thread title I can use like my url? I mean , one time only.
mikengec
post Nov 16 2012, 02:05 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Oct 17 2007, 01:30 AM)
1. Be Polite

2. No ONE-LINER. No SPAM. Constructive posts are encouraged.

3. Each one is allowed a thread that's dedicated to their blog(s). smile.gif DO NOT start a new thread just for your new post. Or just for the sake of getting attention for your blog again. A thread for you, is a thread for you. Simple as that. Not more than 1.

4. If you have something to share, just give the link directly (However if it goes back to your own blog, then refer to Rule #3), and also bear in mind that it's not nice to purposely put the link on your post, forcing people to visit your post first before able to get to the link. It's not a respectable way to draw crowd.

5. Please tag your topics properly.

6. No thread Hijacking, for example........
Please, people start a thread for their blog or discussion - DO NOT HIJACK like the above. Be fair la, if you start your own thread, you wouldn't like it if 10 other respondents are begging you to visit their thread.

7. If you have questions related to your subscribed service provider, DO NOT ASK HERE. Why? Because you should be asking your service provider instead. When you subscribed to their service, they would've handed you their support / helpdesk contact.

8. Please do not post content / link / download that infringes COPYRIGHT.

9. Don't ask to be spoon-fed eg. how do i register PayPal? - if you have some form of intelligence, the ability to read and the ability to use Web Browser to register at Lowyat.net - you WOULD be at least capable of going through the registration process of almost any other website.

YOU are however, allowed to post articles / posts from your blog IF you find it helpful to the topic at hand.

Repeat your mistakes a few times and you'll get a warn. smile.gif

---------------------

9 Rules only, not hard to follow isn't it? smile.gif
I appreciate this concise explanation.
Indeed now this is a place to lead with value.
This is a great start.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0262sec    0.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th March 2021 - 12:22 PM