Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Warranty Smart, Worth it?

views

TSAdmiralG
post Mar 17 2023, 08:39 PM, updated 7 months ago

Getting Started
117 posts

Hi guys,

I am planning to purchase a 3rd party warranty for my car (2019 Range Rover Velar). As these cars are not known for reliability, warranty may be a good option.

So far, I've came across smart warranty, and their gold package is around RM2.8K. The only caveat is that I am not sure if the parts that are covered are parts that would often spoil, or otherwise. Please let me know if it is worth going for or not. Below is the list of parts that are covered:

user posted image
MrBaba
post Mar 17 2023, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,123 posts

From what I know la US have this type of third party warranty and the review all quite bad , YouTube it.
Roman Catholic
post Mar 17 2023, 09:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

Do ask them if their warranty is still valid, after you had removed the DPF and EGR etc ?
key3hky
post Sep 20 2023, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

So far any issues claiming? I tried Google but so far reviews on it has been positive...
Kendall
post Sep 20 2023, 08:22 AM

Enthusiast
969 posts

QUOTE(key3hky @ Sep 20 2023, 01:04 AM)
So far any issues claiming? I tried Google but so far reviews on it has been positive...
Sepandai pandai kau google review, sepandai marketing dia tulis fake review
littlefire
post Sep 20 2023, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

Actually rubbish, those certified workshop will try to markup higher and cover what your insured if anything wrong. My mechanic side got few customer regretted insured, need to go to their certified workshop and when things happen will quote the highest options. Some customer ask my mechanic to quote and surprised that similar repair can cheaper at least 1~2k (major service/repair). Is better to go out and get other mechanic or car owner of similar rides and get their opinions.
TSAdmiralG
post Sep 20 2023, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

Thanks guys. Decided to stay away from the warranty since they'll always try to wiggle their way out.
dares
post Sep 20 2023, 04:05 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

Depends on the workshop you go to.

WarrantySmart does not require you to service your car at their panel workshop, as long as you can provide receipt evidence that you have serviced your car on time. But if anything rosak you do will need to do claims at their panel workshop.

If the panel workshop is honest and efficient, then it will be a pleasant experience. If the workshop is a con job or lazy, then your life will become more difficult.

My friend bought it for his A45. The panel workshop near his place helped him claim faulty brake sensors after he got the car, no issues so far.

This post has been edited by dares: Sep 20 2023, 04:06 PM
TSAdmiralG
post Sep 20 2023, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Sep 20 2023, 04:05 PM)
Depends on the workshop you go to.

WarrantySmart does not require you to service your car at their panel workshop, as long as you can provide receipt evidence that you have serviced your car on time. But if anything rosak you do will need to do claims at their panel workshop.

If the panel workshop is honest and efficient, then it will be a pleasant experience. If the workshop is a con job or lazy, then your life will become more difficult.

My friend bought it for his A45. The panel workshop near his place helped him claim faulty brake sensors after he got the car, no issues so far.
Mind sharing the location of the workshop?
Quazacolt
post Sep 20 2023, 10:04 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

I claimed a better condition manual transmission for my car. (Used though, half cut. Not brand new)

But it was under EWP

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:48 AM