Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DPF Delete for Diesel SUV, Range Rover

views

TSAdmiralG
post Mar 16 2023, 04:24 PM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
117 posts

I purchased a 2019 Range Rover Velar directly from UK recently. Recently I had an issue with the DPF being full and the dealer took it to a service center that used Liqui Moly to clear out the DPF. About 2 weeks later, the DPF was once again full. The regen did not take place, perhaps because the sensor is no longer working and the replacement is on the way.

The hassle is, 95% of my drive is within city, and with the traffic, would not be enough to burn off the soot in the DPF. I am considering doing a DPF delete. What do you guys think? Also, if you have any recommendations, please let me know.

The guys that I've spoken to recommending doing a DPF delete and a stage 2 tuning. The DPF delete is not so costly, but the stage 2 tuning is quite costly.

TSAdmiralG
post Mar 16 2023, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(Hades76 @ Mar 16 2023, 04:42 PM)
Land Rover Disco 4 owner here. As you have found out, the removal of the DPF will require ECU modification, usually by the GAP IID tool. Its a very expensive service.

If anything, you might wanna consider the EGR delete. That will give better power and cleaner engine as the engine fumes are not recirculated back.
Thank you. From what I have been reading, I've came across mentions of EGR delete. Does EGR delete helps with decreasing the chances of the DPF from filling up, as compared to having it? Or it makes no difference and just provides better power and cleaner engine?

Also, I've read that DPF delete would increase the power of the engine and helps prolongs the lifespan of the engine. If I were to do a EGR delete now, based on what you've said, I would notice better power in the engine. Then If I were to do a DPF delete, would there be more power, or would that make no difference since the EGR is no longer present?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:20 PM