Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Weird Air Conditioning Problem on Mazda CX-5 2013, All the usual suspects seem okay.

views

TSaiman04
post Mar 13 2023, 07:46 PM, updated 2y ago

THX-Certified Geek
2,314 posts

Hi all, I have a weird problem with the AC on my Mazda CX-5 (2013), wondering if anyone knows what is causing it and how to fix or what to replace.

Firstly, my other car blows very cool air on normal blow settings, just not a strong blow of course. But on the CX-5, it just feel mildly cool on normal blow, but it’s very cool as expected when the blower is on full strength.

Secondly, when I put it on Auto, the blower almost doesn’t react to the change of the temperature setting, down to 18.5°, the blower just maintain at low strength. The air also only mildly cool. When the temperature is set at 18°, then the blower goes to full strength with very cool air. Increase back to 18.5° and it’s back to low strength again. Please refer to the video in the attachment.

The mechanic has no idea what’s happening, everything seems good. Googling I found almost similar symptoms caused by faulty blend door actuator, but there’s no knocking or tapping sound under my dashboard. Or maybe the climate control unit?

Any experts or anybody that had the same problem, or knows what the issue is, I would very much appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.50    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:55 PM