Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mazda CX30 save RM21k

views

tctham
post Mar 9 2023, 04:52 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Mar 9 2023, 12:48 PM)
Mazda is never about space la
honda is all about the space.

mazda is all about the lack of it

if you are large sized and in dire need of space, honda delivers
if you are small size, and in no need for space, you can consider mazda

for my size and my wife, we will never consider mazda2, mazda3, cx3, mx30.

haven't tested cx30 space, but the above 4 cars, we feel claustrophobic in it
tctham
post Mar 9 2023, 09:09 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 9 2023, 08:47 PM)
Why not Toyota? Even more space.
Toyota usually is sell reliability, with the cons of older tech. UMW tend to delay new tech from coming to msia.
tctham
post Mar 10 2023, 12:02 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 9 2023, 10:08 PM)
yeah that's true. I'm in the market for Segment C smaller sized SUV. Toyota Cross even with its older tech, I still prefer it because of its reliability. LOL!
Though CX-30 is sexy of course. But can't deal with the small space at the back, and tiny boot space. sad.gif
Then time to go cx5 if you really like mazda. Else, try and see other choices. Seriously if you looking for suv, you can be spoilt with choices (as long as you not constrained by very specific criteria like must be japan/conti, must not be cvt / dct, must be / not turbo, must be cheapest within segment.

Try with an open mind, check out all available choices, then evaluate which ticks the most boxes and what's the compromise.

I was hunting for a d segment sedan and god the choices are scarce.
Tried 2018 accord 2.4, 2023 accord 1.5, 2023 camry 2 4, 2014 e250, 2023 mazda 6, 2014 lexus es250, 2020 hyundai sonata, 2019 kia optima, 2014 328i. Also tried 2022 altis, 2023 civic and 2022 hyundai elantra.

I think i hunt for almost half a year.

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 9 2023, 10:28 PM)
How the F
My sis owns a CX5 and it's about HRV size driver passenger and rear passenger.

Mazda 6 being d segment can't be that small?!
I think it's safe to assume mazda interior is a segment smaller than competitor. Imagine it as a conti interior.

Mazda 6 is only slightly larger than civic. With camry, you got some room to shuffle around, with accord you can sit like a boss, even cross your legs without touching the front seat. Despite them being all d segment, they all feel different.

tctham
post Mar 10 2023, 11:59 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 10 2023, 08:36 AM)
U end up choosing which d segment? If u really particular about NVH, dont take Accord even with 2.4. Wind and roof sounds similar to Perodua cars. Iiwu, VW Passat Highline, W212 E250 Facelift or wildcard F10 528, all used. Price wise drop a lot for all model.
Chose mazda 6
2nd hand price too keras d, feel like buying a stock that kena goreng till high high. Sked buy liao suddenly price drop then i veli sad.
Accord 1.5: cvt and small turbo (for d seg) minus some marks, seats rather low too. But is still a very good all rounder car for that price. (I'm willing to top up, hence i chose another but this really not that bad)
Camry: good seats, good interior, na + 8spd (my preference, so add some marks) but that price hike. From 199k -> 219k in 12 mths. Sitting above mazda 6 d. Another deal breaker is that headunit. Ppl say open waze/maps + spotify confirm will hang. Even normal usage also sluggish d. And the show unit i was looking at, had out of focus HUD.

P/s: what influenced my choice?
1. I'm replacing my wife's aging car. The current car has barely any safety features. 1 airbag, no abs. So i wanna have some form of ADAS..
2. A large cruiser so can fetch my family comfortably and can go on highways (house only have b segments)
3. Both of us is 173cm tall so thigh support and leg room need extra focus also.

So while accord and camry yield a much happier space, it's more of a passenger car and my wife will likely drive the car alone more frequently than I use it to ferry my mom. So i dowan to find a car that sacrifices the driver too much. Example,imagine the prev gen camry, it's comfortable, but probably sleepy to drive. Haha

This post has been edited by tctham: Mar 10 2023, 12:39 PM
tctham
post Mar 10 2023, 12:42 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 10 2023, 12:27 PM)
this model also suffers from poor NVH, part and finishing (depending on luck?), and annoying cvt. Mazda 6 2.5 straight, roadtax not too much, the long driving will feel less tiring. Agreed on camry, too expansive, better choose Conti then
Yea lo. Read review the overall accord is jack of all trades, master of space. It really wins in terms of space only. Jz feel, already paying almost 200k, why not consider mazda 6. See can live with the lack of space or not lo. Interior wise definitely more premium than accord / camry, although a little dated. The analog speedometer is actually a plus for me though(i love analog stuff)
tctham
post Mar 10 2023, 03:24 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Mar 10 2023, 02:44 PM)
BTW, Camry is a rebadge downgrade of ES250. If talk about electronic control or features to play with Camry now is the top range, it is more toward the rear passenger comfort and not driver car.

If prefer to drive - Mazda 6
If prefer to sit behind and enjoy - Toyota Camry
Yeap agreed. Very boss like sitting behind (except the space, space honda almost always wins)

But that 20k hike in 12 mths. Aikz.. and that out of focus HUD, which the sales keep tell me, "no problem wan. You start driving then it looks alright d." Sked later i get lemon and sc keep tell me no issues. Oh and that sluggish head unit.

But the soft leather interior, and the boss control behind, really very tempting.
tctham
post Mar 10 2023, 07:19 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 10 2023, 03:27 PM)
agree and further emphasis on having an open mind > in a very competitive and ever changing automotive landscape today, what we knew 5 years ago, or even 1 year ago, may not be applicable today.
example: Proton today vs Proton pre Geely? post Geely?
Toyota reliability?
Mitsubishi relevance?

etc.

and imho most conti interiors are, while "snug" (lol) or "small", they aren't claustrophobic at the least. the outer huge ass shell also should be a decent indication.

Mazda cars are small, outside and inside, that much is obvious lol.
but still, despite know this, i too am surprised how the CX5 is based on Mazda 6, and Mazda 6 is Civic size. and having an open mind, i get to learn about it laugh.gif
How do I know if a car is small? Me or my wife knock our head while egress or ingress the car.

I knock my head while leaning out of the window to take parking ticket for mazda 6

My wife knock her hear when getting into hrv and mazda 6 (both reat seats)

My friend wife and mother in law knock their head while getting into mazda3.

These are the few cars that we knock our heads on. Haha

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 10 2023, 03:27 PM)
but the competition also bigger wo, how? lol
i'd still go back to not thinking about space la.
look at their weight, look at their power, then look at gearing.
what i'm trying to say, Corolla cross is fairly underpowered being 1.8 unless you get the hybrid which have battery assist (but then again, lol added weight)

Sounds like altis and civic again. Size and power, civic wins.
Other things comparable. Although the main put off in the altis for me, is the lumbar support.
tctham
post Mar 13 2023, 07:51 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(IvanWong1989 @ Mar 12 2023, 07:28 PM)
No consider Arteon ? It’s quite the looker lol
Wallet tak boleh. Mazda 6 already stretching it.
tctham
post Mar 13 2023, 08:50 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 13 2023, 08:34 AM)
Brand new? 2.0,2.2 or 2.5?
New 2.5
2.2 heard too many scary stories
2.0 a little empty. Would rather drive civic at that point.
tctham
post Mar 13 2023, 11:57 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 11 2023, 07:56 PM)
Lol I'm fairly surprised you still go Mazda 6 despite the ingress egress . Then again not like the Civic is any better.

I'm about 178cm but it wasn't an issue for me/wife because of my own car (much worse, lol) that we both gotten used to
after huge deliberation, had to choose between space, seat height, price, preference, interior feel and usability

ultimately, mazda 6 won me over. although is a show unit, still got some discount, and can immediately enjoy the car instead of long waiting period. all maintenance covered for 5 years too.
tctham
post Mar 13 2023, 03:29 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Mar 13 2023, 03:24 PM)
Not getting the Accord?
nah, the accord is a good well rounder, but sits a bit low, and the overall interior feeling, mazda felt better (except space)
also the 1.5T and CVT docked off a little points (my preference is NA, or at the very least, 2.0T for a car of that size and torque converter over CVT)
and since it's more of a car for my wife (while also work as a family car), rather than the other way round (family car but mostly driven by wife)
so i wanna put more emphasis for the driver first.
tctham
post Mar 13 2023, 06:41 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 13 2023, 04:33 PM)
and off topic, 3  vs  Civic = lol Turbo erase whatever good points Mazda 3 have.

sure it's a bit front heavy (not like Mazda 3 is anymore lighter/agile), but adjust your driving style a bit to late apex/point and shoot, suddenly you got a sporty family sedan.

why else BMW formula is so god damn successful? (yes i am aware the 3 series is on RWD, 50/50 weight distribution with good Ackerman steering formula calculated. lol. yes terms and food for thoughts for you enthusiasts out there wink.gif )
mazda 3's interior space wiped out any good points mazda 3 may have. haha
feels a little too cramped for me le.

civic having 1.5T is just nice. very peppy. accord with 1.5T feels a little too small (although the number may indicate otherwise, i somehow still feel it's a little small engine and worry it may run out of steam at higher speeds)

QUOTE(littlefire @ Mar 13 2023, 05:59 PM)
BTW there is another option if want extra space, Mazda 6 Wagon or touring but need pay premium tho over 200k.

If you prefer premium feel & can accept recon/used units can also consider Lexus GS200t/250/300 or Toyota Crown.
These 2 are quite famous in luxury sedan from Toyota.
tried the wagon, did ask wife, whether she wanted the wagon for the extra space or not, but she prefer the look of a sedan.
tried searching for recon previously, but the prices of used car really harga yahudi.. like buying goods at high peak price point, and still need to worry about parts and maintenance ten years down the road.. was previously looking at lexus es250 luxury 2016 too. that one felt really good
es250 luxury 2016 - 145k
accord 2.4 2018 - 120k
civic v 2023 - 145k
tctham
post Mar 14 2023, 08:00 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 13 2023, 10:42 PM)
Unfortunately, in this instance you're a bit closed minded and/or deceived by the traditional 1500cc (or the"no replacement for displacement" saying), in an era of forced induction, electrification (zero cc, lol) and moving forward of synthetic fuel or hydrogen combustion (not hydrogen generated EV)

https://honda.com.my/compare
Keep in mind Honda Malaysia have a slightly higher tune than the American/global specs baseline and wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_L_engine
CarenginepowertorqueRedLineweight
CivicL15B7182 (134) @ 6,000240 (24.5) @ 1,700‑4,50066001338kg
AccordL15BE201(148)@5,500260@1,600‑5,00065001494kg
Mazda 3Skyactiv-G 2.0 (PE-VPS162 / 6,000213 / 4,00062001402kg
Mazda 6 2.0Skyactiv-G 2.0 (PE-VPS162/6,000213/4,0006200?kg
Mazda 6 2.5Skyactiv-G 2.5 (PY-VPS)192/6,000258/4,0006200?1591kg

Look at the Mazda 6 2.5 vs Civic FE
Only a little bit more power, only obtainable at much higher RPM, and at almost 300 kg extra

And keep in mind Honda Malaysia stapler accord is the older version without the extra exhaust VTEC that the new FE Civic enjoys (and you seriously can get your head kicked into the seat if you so desire lol)
https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobil...er-turbo-engine
And with this, the stapler accord already have VTEC lift unlike the FC to FE (ketam to flower horn) Civic being upgraded.
So not sure what else they upgrading to have the extra power for the new accord.

Then there's lol NA Mazda.
https://mazda.com.my/vehicles/mazda3
https://mazda.com.my/vehicles/mazda6
Look, i personally prefer NA as well.
However obviously sports models over family cars/econo boxes NA. Or rather, SportsBike revving to the moon, lol
For family vehicles or point A to B vehicles, not sports machines, sad to say forced induction/electrification (hybrid, fuck EV microwaves lol) benefits are just too hard to be ignored.

Maybe MX5 same engine as Mazda 3/6 2.0 7500 RPM ok la
Not too mention its AWESOME weight (and yes I've got the honours to test driven a manual ND1 UK limited spec MX5 2.0)

But as it is on the 6200 RPM Mazda 3 /6 2.0 and 2.5... eh. It's not something that spark joy to me. It'll take more than that.
Yea I agree I'm a little closed minded here. First thing to clear off, I'm not against turbo. I just think feel the displacement should be larger by a bit for the accord.
Civic 1.5 turbo - nice
Accord 1.5 turbo - I prefer 2.0 turbo if I can help it. Or 1.8 turbo.
A200 1.3 turbo - I think 1.5 turbo would be better
218i 1.5 turbo - nice
2016 318i 1.5 turbo - I prefer the current 2022 318i with 2.0 turbo
Something like that. But yes I agree with your points, just the heart feeling a little irrational. Sobs.
tctham
post Mar 14 2023, 08:23 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Roadwarrior1337 @ Mar 14 2023, 08:14 AM)
Sweet spot for me is 4 cylinder 2 liter turbo. Anything lower especially cilinder count is just a no no.

It’s all about longevity. 3 cilinder cars after that new engine break in and 1 to 2 year period really feel like crap. Engine vibration, shaky steering

Cannot la. Some things have to be even and not odd
3 cyl is no go for me too. But the honda 1.5L is 4 cyl, so that's good enough for me too. 1.5L for x50 is no go for me. Sounds a little like diesel from outside.
tctham
post Mar 14 2023, 10:12 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 14 2023, 09:00 AM)
I can relate in heart issue. Just a matter of the world changing too rapidly for us to accept/adapt.
I say i don't like EV but who knows 10 or even 5 years later I'll be driving one.

Mazda wanting to be ahead offers 1.5 Mazda 3/2.0 Mazda 6 because in reality most of us don't really need that power.

Power that cars like Civic imho is just overpowered.
Only in certain situations like overtaking a lane hogger at highway past our national speed limit then yeah those "underpowered"cars like 1.5 Mazda 3 or 2.0 Mazda 6 will struggle a bit.
i've always been slow to adoption for many many things.
in the world where people is moving towards mirrorless camera, i still find joy in DSLR.
in a world where everyone is talking about autofocus, i find joy in using manual focus lens.
in a world where everyone is saying manual is obsolete, auto is better in performance and convenience, i still love rowing my own gear
heck, even at work, where people is pushing jquery, i still take the effort to learn how to do things in vanilla javascript. (i still learn jquery too, just take extra time to learn what jquery has simplified for us)
i still insist on wearing an analog watch with 3 hands too. i'm.. an old fart at heart.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0290sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 AM