Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mazda CX30 save RM21k

views

Quazacolt
post Mar 9 2023, 06:06 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Mar 9 2023, 05:09 PM)
Agreed.

Just a bit annoyed some come into Mazda thread and talking about Honda spaciousness. Might as well bring up Perodua advantageous pricing..

CX30 cabin is about M3 sizing so probably clausto for you as well.
I'm more annoyed the usage of BMW M monicker for Mazda vehicles lol

That said, isn't CX30/CX3 B Segment SUV and as such, actually Mazda 2 size?
Cx5 is C so yes Mazda 3 size
Quazacolt
post Mar 9 2023, 10:28 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Mar 9 2023, 10:17 PM)
CX-3 is a B segment SUV as it shares the platform with Mazda 2

CX-30 shares the same platform with Mazda 3, but dubbed at B segment as well.

CX-5 with Mazda 6, but dubbed as C segment.
How the F
My sis owns a CX5 and it's about HRV size driver passenger and rear passenger.

Mazda 6 being d segment can't be that small?!
Quazacolt
post Mar 10 2023, 07:59 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 9 2023, 08:47 PM)
Why not Toyota? Even more space.
Same category tier and segment Honda is leading in space

In all competed segments and tier
Maybe exception in the bread loaf category (huge MPV like Alphard Vellfire etc)
Quazacolt
post Mar 10 2023, 08:22 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 10 2023, 08:13 AM)
Erm, Honda HRV is smaller than Cross.
You also said c segment SUV
You know Honda's C is CRV right? Lol
Quazacolt
post Mar 10 2023, 03:27 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(tctham @ Mar 10 2023, 12:02 AM)
Try with an open mind, check out all available choices, then evaluate which ticks the most boxes and what's the compromise.

Imagine it as a conti interior.

Mazda 6 is only slightly larger than civic.
agree and further emphasis on having an open mind > in a very competitive and ever changing automotive landscape today, what we knew 5 years ago, or even 1 year ago, may not be applicable today.
example: Proton today vs Proton pre Geely? post Geely?
Toyota reliability?
Mitsubishi relevance?

etc.

and imho most conti interiors are, while "snug" (lol) or "small", they aren't claustrophobic at the least. the outer huge ass shell also should be a decent indication.

Mazda cars are small, outside and inside, that much is obvious lol.
but still, despite know this, i too am surprised how the CX5 is based on Mazda 6, and Mazda 6 is Civic size. and having an open mind, i get to learn about it laugh.gif

QUOTE(Leo the Lion @ Mar 10 2023, 02:11 AM)
When you buy mazda, you don’t think about space first…

But things might change when they bring in CX50 to CX90. Those are big.
but the competition also bigger wo, how? lol
i'd still go back to not thinking about space la.

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 10 2023, 07:42 AM)
CX5 is too big for me. Also I feel that unless i go for the higher specs at 2.5litre and above, it will be underpowered? Cross is actually the perfect size, not too small and not too big, that’s why I see mostly women drivers.
look at their weight, look at their power, then look at gearing.
what i'm trying to say, Corolla cross is fairly underpowered being 1.8 unless you get the hybrid which have battery assist (but then again, lol added weight)

heck, you could just use back the common comparison vs older HRV 1.8, it was OK OK. (hence your perception cross power is ok)
but HRV was much lighter (and smaller) than corolla Cross.
by comparison, Corolla cross have less power or more under powered than HRV.
and today, HRV gets either 1.5Turbo or hybrid, both far surpasses Corolla cross power. laugh.gif

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 10 2023, 08:29 AM)
Ok my bad but I keep comparing HRV and Cross cause they are the most obvious comparison between the 2.
won't blame you cuz Toyota is trying to tap that "in between" B and C market
they are uncontested.
their larger SUV is Harrier and smaller is the Rush and bigger is Fortuner (or Harrier) la

though, strangely, yes Corolla Cross is officially classified as C
both Harrier and Fortuner as D, fortuner being a dual purpose off roader/pickup object or people mover, while Harrier pushing towards luxury before pushing upwards to Lexus.

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Mar 10 2023, 10:33 AM)
I find that the B pillar and the rest seats make it difficult to ingress and egress foot will always hit the B pillar fue to narrow space. Also the dashboard design in such a way it protrude towards our knees if not care will easily hit the protruding part of the dashboard. Because of this strange design it also makes opening of the glove compartment becomes a tight spot.
which car?

Quazacolt
post Mar 10 2023, 05:14 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Mar 10 2023, 04:45 PM)
RAV 4 is C segment proper.
Looks like UMWT axed this (not offered from Toyota Malaysia website)
Quazacolt
post Mar 11 2023, 07:56 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(tctham @ Mar 10 2023, 07:19 PM)
How do I know if a car is small? Me or my wife knock our head while egress or ingress the car.

I knock my head while leaning out of the window to take parking ticket for mazda 6

My wife knock her hear when getting into hrv and mazda 6 (both reat seats)

My friend wife and mother in law knock their head while getting into mazda3.

These are the few cars that we knock our heads on. Haha
Sounds like altis and civic again. Size and power, civic wins.
Other things comparable. Although the main put off in the altis for me, is the lumbar support.
Lol I'm fairly surprised you still go Mazda 6 despite the ingress egress . Then again not like the Civic is any better.

I'm about 178cm but it wasn't an issue for me/wife because of my own car (much worse, lol) that we both gotten used to

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 11 2023, 01:31 PM)
I know my peer keeps telling me about power, horsepower that it sucks and all. But then how many times do you actually drive up to genting?

OMG. I was thinking about Mazda CX-30 a lot since the prices are almost similar with Cross and I'm looking for something like that.
I am almost convinced about Mazda for its sexiness of course, but now that I think that about it, it's true.
Actually, on the contrary, hybrids generally have more power and especially torque because of electrification. Electric is instant, combustion engines need to wait for explosions, RPM to build up, wait... Wait... Lol.
In case you didn't realize, the bleeding edge hyper cars are either electric or hybrids.

But they still lose out on traditional sports cars in longevity/durability/consistency in a race track.
Battery capacity,Weight and heat management is still a big hurdle electric needs to overcome before it can fully replace combustion engines. (Then there's synthetic fuels)

Keep an open mind and go try out the CX30 Then

From my current understanding now after this thread,
The CX30 is like Mazda pantang 4 and use 30 lol
Quazacolt
post Mar 13 2023, 04:33 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(tctham @ Mar 13 2023, 03:29 PM)
so i wanna put more emphasis for the driver first.
and off topic, 3 vs Civic = lol Turbo erase whatever good points Mazda 3 have.

sure it's a bit front heavy (not like Mazda 3 is anymore lighter/agile), but adjust your driving style a bit to late apex/point and shoot, suddenly you got a sporty family sedan.

why else BMW formula is so god damn successful? (yes i am aware the 3 series is on RWD, 50/50 weight distribution with good Ackerman steering formula calculated. lol. yes terms and food for thoughts for you enthusiasts out there wink.gif )
Quazacolt
post Mar 13 2023, 10:42 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(tctham @ Mar 13 2023, 06:41 PM)
civic having 1.5T is just nice. very peppy. accord with 1.5T feels a little too small (although the number may indicate otherwise, i somehow still feel it's a little small engine and worry it may run out of steam at higher speeds)
Unfortunately, in this instance you're a bit closed minded and/or deceived by the traditional 1500cc (or the"no replacement for displacement" saying), in an era of forced induction, electrification (zero cc, lol) and moving forward of synthetic fuel or hydrogen combustion (not hydrogen generated EV)

https://honda.com.my/compare
Keep in mind Honda Malaysia have a slightly higher tune than the American/global specs baseline and wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_L_engine
CarenginepowertorqueRedLineweight
CivicL15B7182 (134) @ 6,000240 (24.5) @ 1,700‑4,50066001338kg
AccordL15BE201(148)@5,500260@1,600‑5,00065001494kg
Mazda 3Skyactiv-G 2.0 (PE-VPS162 / 6,000213 / 4,00062001402kg
Mazda 6 2.0Skyactiv-G 2.0 (PE-VPS162/6,000213/4,0006200?kg
Mazda 6 2.5Skyactiv-G 2.5 (PY-VPS)192/6,000258/4,0006200?1591kg

Look at the Mazda 6 2.5 vs Civic FE
Only a little bit more power, only obtainable at much higher RPM, and at almost 300 kg extra

And keep in mind Honda Malaysia stapler accord is the older version without the extra exhaust VTEC that the new FE Civic enjoys (and you seriously can get your head kicked into the seat if you so desire lol)
https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobil...er-turbo-engine
And with this, the stapler accord already have VTEC lift unlike the FC to FE (ketam to flower horn) Civic being upgraded.
So not sure what else they upgrading to have the extra power for the new accord.

Then there's lol NA Mazda.
https://mazda.com.my/vehicles/mazda3
https://mazda.com.my/vehicles/mazda6

Look, i personally prefer NA as well.
However obviously sports models over family cars/econo boxes NA. Or rather, SportsBike revving to the moon, lol
For family vehicles or point A to B vehicles, not sports machines, sad to say forced induction/electrification (hybrid, fuck EV microwaves lol) benefits are just too hard to be ignored.

Maybe MX5 same engine as Mazda 3/6 2.0 7500 RPM ok la
Not too mention its AWESOME weight (and yes I've got the honours to test driven a manual ND1 UK limited spec MX5 2.0)

But as it is on the 6200 RPM Mazda 3 /6 2.0 and 2.5... eh. It's not something that spark joy to me. It'll take more than that.

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: Mar 13 2023, 10:44 PM
Quazacolt
post Mar 14 2023, 09:00 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(tctham @ Mar 14 2023, 08:00 AM)
Something like that. But yes I agree with your points, just the heart feeling a little irrational. Sobs.
I can relate in heart issue. Just a matter of the world changing too rapidly for us to accept/adapt.
I say i don't like EV but who knows 10 or even 5 years later I'll be driving one.

Mazda wanting to be ahead offers 1.5 Mazda 3/2.0 Mazda 6 because in reality most of us don't really need that power.

Power that cars like Civic imho is just overpowered.
Only in certain situations like overtaking a lane hogger at highway past our national speed limit then yeah those "underpowered"cars like 1.5 Mazda 3 or 2.0 Mazda 6 will struggle a bit.

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: Mar 14 2023, 09:01 AM
Quazacolt
post Mar 15 2023, 04:55 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Mar 15 2023, 03:22 PM)
Good analysis bro rclxms.gif Does the FC have that exhaust VTEC you mentioned is in the FE?
Nope.
Only added exhaust valve lift (VTEC) In civic FE
Quazacolt
post Mar 17 2023, 02:31 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 17 2023, 02:18 PM)
Please don’t put yourself on a high horse. And yes I have been maintaining my current car very well that even the mechanic told me that it would be such a waste if I sell it away. Thank you very much.
and that's why your initial choice is a Toyota, no?
if no knowledge, it is ok. no issue in that. no one wins anything having car knowledge, btw.

now, in regards to Mazda, i think the most glaring "issue" here is Bermaz and Mazda Japan think the ATF (just in case, since you don't know what's NVH, ATF = Automatic transmission fluid) is lifetime fluid. meaning to say, there is no need for an oil change on the transmission.
changing ATF WILL void your warranty.

do you believe in that?
are you knowledgeable enough to make a decision whether to believe in that or not?

and to add in my personal opinion, and with experiences test driven latest Mazda 3 , Mazda CX5 and slightly older 1 facelift ago ND1 MX5 - Mazda power train, BOTH engine and transmission, are slightly underpowered. the transmission logic isn't very intelligent either for power applications, it is really geared and programmed more towards fuel economy (since it is already having disadvantage of being traditional NA + planetary gears, not advanced enough to BMW/ZF8 speed)
if you want power, you'll need to work through it and doing so, may further stress both the engine and transmission.

this is applicable to all 3 cars, and yes even the Mazda MX5 - The MX5 is a 3 pedal manual 6 speed and you determine its power or fuel economy.
so logic wise, obviously the MX5 is much better cuz i determine the logic. can't say the same for the Mazda 3 and CX5 until you use the pedal shift and have some patience on shifts (again, it isn't a ZF or a sportier Aisin 6 speed on the 86 BRZ platform)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0250sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:25 PM