Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Atf oil change for Mazda6, All mazda owner, please advice

views

TSprotimer
post Mar 6 2023, 10:08 AM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
54 posts

Hi mazda owners,

I am planning to buy mazda 6 and the sc told me that you need to change the gear box oil every 30 to 40k km due to our weather here when I ask about the lifetime atf for all the, new mazda skyactive car... But he advice to change outside coz the sc won't change for you and will void warranty. Can someone confirm this please? Please advice your experience with any new mazda sky active without changing your gear box/atf oil? How long you have drive and any issues?
TSprotimer
post Mar 6 2023, 10:52 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Mar 6 2023, 10:44 AM)
Fresh fill from new, 80k km is ok.

Subsequently it's better to change at 40-60k km depending on your driving condition & pattern.

Nowadays, car brands are offering free maintenance, but they want to reduce such cost, they start promoting 20k service interval & so called 'lifetime' fluid.
Thank you for the advice bro, any shop you can recommend in Selangor area bro? notworthy.gif

TSprotimer
post Mar 6 2023, 10:18 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Mar 6 2023, 08:10 PM)
Vcarbon Auto Parts
EML Auto Garage
Endurance Power Centre

I only changed it once at 60k km at Vcarbon. I plan to do it at 60k km intervals.
Thank you so much bro for the info... Now I feel my worry is over and ready to get the new 2023 M6....
TSprotimer
post Mar 6 2023, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

[quote=ze2,Mar 6 2023, 09:24 PM]
All three highly recommended for mazda.

[/quote

Thanks for the double confirm bro😁🙏

TSprotimer
post Mar 6 2023, 10:20 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Mar 6 2023, 09:44 PM)
TS, don't forget to change the ATF strainer as well, when changing ATF
Oh OK bro, noted👌
TSprotimer
post Mar 6 2023, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Mar 6 2023, 10:54 PM)
Scroll thru NBR Tecnica fb page..they have pix of a failed gearbox coz of no change atf
Yeah, even the sales person told me but their hands are tight because they have to follow the guideline provided by Mazda Japan.... I think Mazda Japan should seriously look into the weather and condition of different country and come up with a set of different policy with different weather and conditions. Anyway, I hope more Mazda owners can share their experience with their car with or without changing their ATF oil for me to learn based on your experience.
And thank you all for sharing the information. Some beautiful masterpiece of M6 picture I planning to take for all your eyes below. 🤤

user posted image

user posted image
TSprotimer
post Mar 7 2023, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Mar 7 2023, 10:08 AM)
BTW, it is true fact that if you change your ATF outside your gearbox warranty will be voided. You just pray either gearbox no issue during the 100k or 5 years warranty period.

The Mazda technician i knew feedback to me that ATF oil got different color for different batch Mazda, so if your outside mechanic is smart they will need to get the original same color ATF to prevent any suspicion during warranty claim.

If unlucky, you can either do full overhaul/service of the gearbox or get half-cut replacement from Japan (which i heard is hot cake in aftermarket nowadays, very fast sell out)
Thank you for the information bro.... I really which this M6 will be my last upgrade. So I planning to use it for long term and I really hope I will not have any problem with the gear box as I am willing to take risk and do the atf oil change during the warranty period. Worst case, have to spend couple of thousand more to do overhaul or get the half cut

TSprotimer
post Mar 7 2023, 12:54 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Mar 7 2023, 10:29 AM)
I changed mine at Quick Save Auto Boutique at Subang. So far so good..I changed mine every 30k km mileage. Now my car is already at 80k km mileage. The first time I changed mine at 30k km it was so black...but the next 30k km is quite okay.
Hi bro, glad to know all good for your car so far. I'm thinking to change every 40k or 50k... Honestly I feel funny when Mazda give life time warranty not to change the ATF oil..it doesn't make sense how you can use the same oil for 10 or 20 years down the road lolssss😂.... I feel they should remove the 5 years free service if they want to cut cost or include the ATF oil change but then increase their car price... Somehow, the buyers will still buy if they really love their product.
TSprotimer
post Mar 7 2023, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Mar 7 2023, 12:56 PM)
All car manufacturers also doing the same including BMW or Mercedes.. They say life time..ur gearbox die after 6 years also life time ma.. Gearbox life time not driver life time XD

So ya I don't believe the oil can last life time la. Any oil after so much friction and hot temperature sure will degrade la.
Yupe true bro. Based on my understanding from the link below, what Mazda is trying to say is the ATF oil is lifetime warranty until the gearbox or major component problem. So, if I change the ATF regularly, then I can make the the lifespan for the gearbox longer rather than I never change the ATF oil and causing the lifespan of the gearbox shorter. Please correct me if I'm wrong to all Mazda sifus here🙏

https://mazda.custhelp.com/app/answers/deta...-in-my-mazda%3F
TSprotimer
post Mar 7 2023, 01:29 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Mar 7 2023, 01:24 PM)
No sifu la just sharing. Up to each individual. Some might be afraid to void warranty so no right or wrong also.
Yeap OK thanks bro👍

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 PM